Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 125 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3721 of 3729 Old 04-03-2015, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi TV Gurus

Desperately seeking your suggestion.

Im using now a Pioneer PDP 427XD plasma. still love its picture quality but it is too small now a days, so planning to buy a new TV. Is it still worth buy a Samsung 65 inch F8000 LED? Mainly I use TV for watch 1080p bluray movies and TV Sports channel. Please note 4K online streaming is not available in my country yet.

My second question how I can check run time in hour (how long TV has been watched) just to avoid buy show room demo TV.

Thanks in advance!

Enam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3729 Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enam101 View Post
Hi TV Gurus

Desperately seeking your suggestion.

Im using now a Pioneer PDP 427XD plasma. still love its picture quality but it is too small now a days, so planning to buy a new TV. Is it still worth buy a Samsung 65 inch F8000 LED? Mainly I use TV for watch 1080p bluray movies and TV Sports channel. Please note 4K online streaming is not available in my country yet.

My second question how I can check run time in hour (how long TV has been watched) just to avoid buy show room demo TV.

Thanks in advance!

Enam
Why not , if you can buy this at a special prices , not a bad panel but check for spotlighting in the corners .....do not how how it was used before , but it is a two year old panel .Lifespan on LED's are better than a plasma in any event , but for sure many hours left .
On the other hand ,the 2015 Samsungs are about to be launched and the 2014 UHD panels are going for good prices to clear the way ....the advantage is you get a fantastic picture with 1080p as it upscales .
I would rather look for a deal on this range -the 8550 65" Flat UHD ( or whatever it is called where you live ) is a good set to go for and will accommodate future technology when UHD streaming does become available.
post #3723 of 3729 Old 04-03-2015, 03:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Fair answer to be sure , especially the price point , and it`s a fairly fair tv 2 boot !!

Before you completely commit , see if any of the 4K`s are in your price range.

The bigger the screen , the worst it is going to look , really.

A 1080P res on a 46" will look somewhat better than a 70 ~100 "

But __ the processing is very good and does a good job of allocating the right pixels to the right area to provide maximum viewing despite more real estate to work with.

I think you would not have any view issues with a 60" or 65".

4K streaming is here yesterday , Amazon Instant Video , ( there`s an app for that ! )
started streaming 4K last year , not a ton of free stuff , but some. ( free = Prime Members )

Today Samsung is on top , with Sony struggling , and LG not sure what to make and I think we lost Toshiba down the line somewhere.

All that is left are the disposable tv`s like Vizio`s and the like. ( no joke , if a Vizio breaks under warranty , you get a new tv , and chances are that will break to , but not during the warranty time , because the last company that did warranty resets was Sony )

OK___ must press on , burn`n daylight ...etc.

Later

Gary 
post #3724 of 3729 Old 04-04-2015, 07:29 AM

Thanks Alsoft1 and Gary!

Im not sure but heard 1080p content upscale to 4K is not very effective! I read many positive review on F8000 so I was interested to buy this model but now I'm thinking better to buy a 4K TV!

I would like to know how I can check 'Run Time' on Samsung TV? Any way??

Thanks
Enam
post #3725 of 3729 Old 04-04-2015, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1411 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Thanks Alsoft1 and Gary!

Im not sure but heard 1080p content upscale to 4K is not very effective! I read many positive review on F8000 so I was interested to buy this model but now I'm thinking better to buy a 4K TV!

I would like to know how I can check 'Run Time' on Samsung TV? Any way??

Thanks
Enam

The f8000 was a great tv, will probably still have a good picture in today's times. (I have the f7100). But if buying a tv and u wish to stick with Samsung, the new ju7100 is very good and is 2799 for the 65inch processing and motion is very good. The js8500 is even better but is launching at 3999 for 65 inch.
post #3726 of 3729 Old 04-04-2015, 10:37 PM

Thanks Ray!
I can chose TV from Sony and LG as well if I get a same or better picture quality. I don't like Curved and no compromise with the Picture Quality...
post #3727 of 3729 Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Thanks Ray!
I can chose TV from Sony and LG as well if I get a same or better picture quality. I don't like Curved and no compromise with the Picture Quality...
LG's LEDs have very poor contrast ratios in comparison to Samsung and Sony. If picture quality is your top concern then Samsung and Sony should be at the top of your list. Although I would give the edge to Samsung.

The F8000 still blows my mind with its picture and I've had the set for almost 2 years now this July. You can see some pictures of my set here:
Post 3653 Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models
Post 4438 Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread

Despite being from 2013, I have yet to find a newer LED as slim, minimalist, and beautiful as the F8000's design. It is a sight to behold on and off.
post #3728 of 3729 Old Today, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Today, my F8000 starts to fail.....big time.
The input TV just switches the channels (very fast), one after the other (not all pre-set, just some random channels, but same order again and again. It is impossible to change to another input, because it switches back automatically to TV input. And starts the automatic switching again. Choosing the menu (to go to reset) is also impossible, because the switching of channels overrides all other commands. .
Only the smarthub seems to work (selecting Netflix seems to work for now).
Disconnecting the TV from power, also does not solve it.

Seems I have to contact Samsung. My warranty is till July (2 years), so hopefully it can be fixed.

Anyone facing these issues?
post #3729 of 3729 Unread Today, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Hi ,

I did not have the same problem , as I am using a cable box , however it sounds like the main board needs to be replaced.

On the F8K , you have a power board and the main board , plus a few smaller ones to hold connectors in place , but they don`t do much.

It`s the main board that does 90% of the tv`s operation.

If you are still under warranty , it should not be a problem , I had my F8K 6 months and the main board failed , a tech came out and 45 min.`s later he was finished.

Plug in / plug out , simple fix.

Later , and good luck , you`ll be ok !!

Gary 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr65hx929 65 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wifi Black , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page