AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

From the review linked to above:

"The single biggest reason for this is that Samsung has finally got to grips with its old backlight inconsistency problem. Even using the TV’s flawed picture presets, which invariably set the backlight and contrast levels way too high, the Samsung UE55F8000 is able to show dark scenes now while suffering scarcely any of the overt patches of grey clouding so noticeable with previous ranges."

That's a powerful statement. I really hope this is true. Although then they say:

"The fact that the Sony HX853 sets use a full local dimming system (rather than just the Cinema Black top and bottom light controls used on the 55F8000) does mean that the Sony sets deliver more dynamic-looking dark scenes, as the Samsung has to dim its whole image to deliver its terrific black levels."

Which sounds like they might be referring to the dreaded CE-Dimming that so many owners of Samsung have grown to hate, where the entire screen darkens during darker scenes, or scenes with mostly black, to deepen the perceived blacks, resulting in dimmed brighter areas. I really hope that Samsung isn't just getting these blacks so deep because it's using CE-Dimming again this year to darken the whole screen - what good is deep blacks when the brights are 50% dimmer also? The set isn't really delivering deep blacks if it's dimming the whole screen 50% or more - it's just a trick to make it look like deeper blacks, at the expense of dull, dimmed images. Anybody familiar with the CE-Dimming of these sets knows what I mean.

Also:

"We preferred to use this motion system on its Clear setting, though it’s worth adding that the new processing power wielded by the Samsung UE55F8000 is so speedy that you can now also opt for the more potent Standard setting without it creating too many negative side effects."

This sounds like they're suggesting that because the processor is now more powerful than ever, it can keep up with the AMP motion interpolation with the stuttering that is so common with the last few generations of Samsungs.

In my opinion, the AMP stuttering seen over the last few years is a software issue. My older 52B750 and 46A750 have no AMP stuttering at all.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Quote:

One thing I'm curious about is if the F8000 will disable image enhancements like micro-dimming in movie mode like it did last year. Many used standard mode to take advantage of the micro-dimming. It will be interesting to hear how the different modes behave this year.

Hmm. I didn't know that and the unit I saw at BB did have the movie mode engaged. I wonder if some of the anomalies we saw was were the result of not having micro-dimming engaged. Maybe nu02wrx can comment on this?
post #993 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:

Same goes for you. WE JUST BOUGHT A $5,000 CAR IN OCTOBER, PLUS REGISTRATION FEES AND TAXES, PLUS WE HAD TO REPAIR THE TRANSMISSION ALREADY!!! Do you know how expensive that is? We spent close to $1,000 to repair our car in January.

By my math, that's $6000.
Quote:
And you people have the nerve to call me out because I make a simple statement that right now we don't have a lot of disposable income due to the car throwing things out of whack for us? Talk about bizarro-world.

For me, there has not been one single solitary word calling you for a lack of disposable income. You should carefully re-read what I wrote. I would never criticize anyone for financial setbacks, for working hard, for having hard times, etc. etc.
Quote:
And I have every right to be disappointed that last year they gave us 2 remotes and this year they're giving us 1. If you can't see Samsung is giving the customers the shaft by not giving the customer the same value this year that they gave us last year, that's you're problem. Also, I thought I said pretty clearly that even if money wasn't a factor, personally, I prefer having a nice dedicated standard remote. Or is it wrong for me to have a preference like that?

You don't have that right, and this is the part that is driving me batty. You bought your TV last year. But every time you make a post like this, it strongly implies you are shopping for a TV this year. You cannot afford a TV this year. So why are you shopping for one? Why do you care what one includes? That fact you were willing to accept the guy's offer of his remote above really implies you are thinking about buying a new TV this year. So which is it? Are you broke? Or are you buying a new TV? If the latter, stop crying poverty about $70. Really, stop. If the former, stop shopping for a TV you can't afford. I am not shopping for a Lamborghini.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Rogo, all of the respect you have garnered from others for your knowledgeable contributions to these forums has just been flushed down the toilet.

I doubt it, but thanks for the insight. You really need to carefully read what this guy is saying and the things I have included in this post. If he is struggling financially, I feel for him. If he is struggling financially after making an expensive purchase last year, I feel for him. If he is contemplating a new, expensive purchase this year, I don't feel for him. I think he's a fraud. And he keeps acting like someone in the market for a new TV this year. Read his words very, very carefully.
Quote:
The fact that you are trying to defend your obnoxious elitist post about your opinions on someones else's financial status is pretty sad and pathetic.

The thing is -- and this is where people who don't bother reading the words but decide to reach some conclusions for whatever reasons they wish -- I have no obnoxious, elitist opinions about his financial status. I have one opinion: "If you can't make rent, don't buy a new TV." If you already bought one and you're making payments on it, you don't need to worry about what changes they made for this year because you are not in the market.
Quote:
You obviously must have had everything handed to you on a silver spoon to be able to make fun of someone else's financial struggles so freely and have no clue what it feels like to have to actually to try to save up for something if you truly don't understand how insulting your two most recent posts are. The last thing someone struggling to make ends meet is to be told that if they can't afford a $70 remote that they shouldn't be buying a TV.

If you read my posts, you would understand how not insulting they are of someone's financial status. Incidentally, I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood in New York City. I've had nothing handed to me.

The last thing someone struggling to make ends meet needs to do is to be shopping for a new $3000 TV. According to this guy's own posts, he already bought the TV last year and got whatever he needed. He's fighting to make his payments against adverse financial times. Good for him. So why is he shopping for a new TV? Doesn't add up. Not one bit. Why is he worried about what's included in the new box? And he's clearly worried, because he's rejected the idea of adding a remote to his purchase, when the TV he already has includes the necessary remotes -- according to him. The facts he lays out do not add up.
Quote:
NEWSFLASH! $70 is a lot of money for many people. Maybe not for you, but for others yes.

I ran a non-profit for 4 years in the poorest community within 100 miles of where I live. I find it amusing and offensive all at once that you think I don't know the value of $70 to many people.

At the same time, I find it bizarre you don't see what's wrong with this story..... Let's take a further look...
Quote:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but if there was a 46" HX950, or if the 55" was several hundred cheaper, to put it around the price of the F8000, I would certainly be at least looking at that set, and giving it some serious consideration. I'm keeping my eye on the Panasonics too this year, though my experience with last year's Panasonic plasma ST50 left me underwhelmed. Some goofy decisions that affected how I would be viewing the set, and in the end, I decided to go with LCD.

"Looking at that set".... "Keeping my eye on the Panasonics too this year".... Why are you shopping?
Quote:
Personally, the only reason I'm giving Samsung even a consideration after the terrible quality of their sets last year (from what I experienced anyways) and the awful customer service that took months to get things resolved, is because they are just within that barely affordable price we've settled on, especially after they've been out for a little bit and Best Buy starts throwing some huge sales on them. I wish there were other options really. What's frustrating is there were times when I was blown away with the picture of my Samsung last year, but the panel was clearly defective, and the quality control is just not acceptable for such an expensive set. When they look good, they look really good. But when the panels have flaws, they're awful.

Here we go again... You're still shopping.....

(OK, here's the part where I went back and read and learned you are sitting on a Best Buy gift card)

But you were making payments on the TV, which is not at all consistent with a gift card. I'll allow for a moment that somehow they cash you out of a 36-month financing with a gift card -- which seems really improbable -- but I'll allow it because the "facts" here are very difficult to put together.

You can sell the gift card for 88 cents on the dollar at Cardpool after buying a TV you can afford or no TV at all/. I mean, in the past year, your situation has obviously changed. The car got totaled, the transmission failed, etc. etc.

Yet you're shopping for $2000-3000 TVs in a world where $1000 55" TVs are readily available.

Yeah, I'm "judging" here. The ridiculousness of this set of circumstances.

No one is saying you shouldn't have a new TV or that you need a universal remote or that we shouldn't wish you well with your struggles (I certainly do). But the idea that you should go broke to buy a flagship model TV for $2500 or more and then complain that at that level, $70 more is out of the question? This is not just a "first world problem", it's downright bizarre.

Again, I don't really care what other people who are not actually reading the words think I have written. The words do their best to speak for themselves and are based on my best ability to understand the "facts" as laid out here by the more-than-slightly confusing set of information laid out by eagle in these posts. If one actually reads all the information, one can separate one's sympathy for the person from their belief that people struggling to make ends meet should not ever be spending $2000-3000 or more on a television. In fact, most reasonable people would come to the same conclusion, no matter how much sympathy one feels for the person.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #994 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

It's weird that one store physically has the set on display, and yet it doesn't even show up in my store's system. I wouldn't have thought this would be possible.

Nor me had I not seen it with my own eyes.
post #995 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Hmm. I didn't know that and the unit I saw at BB did have the movie mode engaged. I wonder if some of the anomalies we saw was were the result of not having micro-dimming engaged. Maybe nu02wrx can comment on this?

Yeah, there was a ton of discussion about that over in the ES8000 thread over the past few months, and after lots of confusion, it was discovered and even confirmed by Samsung that the ES series LCDs disabled micro-dimming in movie mode, so that basically movie mode had as little processing as possible. There was a lot of frustration around that topic because after all the marketing about micro-dimming and its advantages, it seemed frustrating that it wasn't functioning in movie mode. Worse, Samsung doesn't mention that anywhere. It was only when people started calling and emailing Samsung that they finally revealed that movie mode doesn't enable micro-dimming.

That's why I'm so curious to know if that's the same for this year. It's weird how something like that would be forced off in movie mode. If it's so beneficial, you would think it should be on at all times. Last year, movie mode had the benefit of having CE-Dimming off, which was great if you didn't like the auto-dimming of the screen during darker scenes, but unfortunately micro-dimming wasn't functioning either, so movie mode seemed rather dull compared to standard mode, which forced both of those features on. Samsung seems to not want us to have the option of enabling/disabling certain features or functions (no control over micro-dimming, no control over CE-Dimming).

There was a ton of confusion in the ES8000 thread over what exactly does CE-Dimming do vs micro-dimming, and if they are somehow tied together. I'm not sure anybody ever figured it out completely. Samsung likes to keep us all ion the dark regarding these features and what exactly they do.
post #996 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

By my math, that's $6000.
For me, there has not been one single solitary word calling you for a lack of disposable income. You should carefully re-read what I wrote. I would never criticize anyone for financial setbacks, for working hard, for having hard times, etc. etc.
You don't have that right, and this is the part that is driving me batty. You bought your TV last year. But every time you make a post like this, it strongly implies you are shopping for a TV this year. You cannot afford a TV this year. So why are you shopping for one? Why do you care what one includes? That fact you were willing to accept the guy's offer of his remote above really implies you are thinking about buying a new TV this year. So which is it? Are you broke? Or are you buying a new TV? If the latter, stop crying poverty about $70. Really, stop. If the former, stop shopping for a TV you can't afford. I am not shopping for a Lamborghini.
I doubt it, but thanks for the insight. You really need to carefully read what this guy is saying and the things I have included in this post. If he is struggling financially, I feel for him. If he is struggling financially after making an expensive purchase last year, I feel for him. If he is contemplating a new, expensive purchase this year, I don't feel for him. I think he's a fraud. And he keeps acting like someone in the market for a new TV this year. Read his words very, very carefully.
The thing is -- and this is where people who don't bother reading the words but decide to reach some conclusions for whatever reasons they wish -- I have no obnoxious, elitist opinions about his financial status. I have one opinion: "If you can't make rent, don't buy a new TV." If you already bought one and you're making payments on it, you don't need to worry about what changes they made for this year because you are not in the market.
If you read my posts, you would understand how not insulting they are of someone's financial status. Incidentally, I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood in New York City. I've had nothing handed to me.

The last thing someone struggling to make ends meet needs to do is to be shopping for a new $3000 TV. According to this guy's own posts, he already bought the TV last year and got whatever he needed. He's fighting to make his payments against adverse financial times. Good for him. So why is he shopping for a new TV? Doesn't add up. Not one bit. Why is he worried about what's included in the new box? And he's clearly worried, because he's rejected the idea of adding a remote to his purchase, when the TV he already has includes the necessary remotes -- according to him. The facts he lays out do not add up.
I ran a non-profit for 4 years in the poorest community within 100 miles of where I live. I find it amusing and offensive all at once that you think I don't know the value of $70 to many people.

At the same time, I find it bizarre you don't see what's wrong with this story..... Let's take a further look...
"Looking at that set".... "Keeping my eye on the Panasonics too this year".... Why are you shopping?
Here we go again... You're still shopping.....

(OK, here's the part where I went back and read and learned you are sitting on a Best Buy gift card)

But you were making payments on the TV, which is not at all consistent with a gift card. I'll allow for a moment that somehow they cash you out of a 36-month financing with a gift card -- which seems really improbable -- but I'll allow it because the "facts" here are very difficult to put together.

You can sell the gift card for 88 cents on the dollar at Cardpool after buying a TV you can afford or no TV at all/. I mean, in the past year, your situation has obviously changed. The car got totaled, the transmission failed, etc. etc.

Yet you're shopping for $2000-3000 TVs in a world where $1000 55" TVs are readily available.

Yeah, I'm "judging" here. The ridiculousness of this set of circumstances.

No one is saying you shouldn't have a new TV or that you need a universal remote or that we shouldn't wish you well with your struggles (I certainly do). But the idea that you should go broke to buy a flagship model TV for $2500 or more and then complain that at that level, $70 more is out of the question? This is not just a "first world problem", it's downright bizarre.

Again, I don't really care what other people who are not actually reading the words think I have written. The words do their best to speak for themselves and are based on my best ability to understand the "facts" as laid out here by the more-than-slightly confusing set of information laid out by eagle in these posts. If one actually reads all the information, one can separate one's sympathy for the person from their belief that people struggling to make ends meet should not ever be spending $2000-3000 or more on a television. In fact, most reasonable people would come to the same conclusion, no matter how much sympathy one feels for the person.

You have no clue what you're talking about. I have mentioned SEVERAL TIMES that my ES7500 that I bought last year was defective! After months of trying to get the tv serviced, I just received a full refund for the defective set just a couple weeks ago, after 2 repair attempts, when the tech finally called Samsung and reported the tv is unrepairable. They refunded it to me on a BEST BUY GIFT CARD. That means I have no HDTV currently, and a gift card with the full cost of what we bought the ES7500 for last year on it. Which means the card will pay for most of the new tv, whatever we do end up buying, whether it is the F8000, or F7500, or something entirely different.. We don't know yet.

So once again - we bought the ES7500 last year, with our Best Buy credit card, with 36-month no interest financing. Okay? That set was defective, and after months of dealing with Samsung, they offered me a full refund. They said they were settling it with Best Buy, and Best Buy would refund my money. So Best Buy issued a gift card with the full amount of the ES7500 on it, so we could buy a new set this year. See? But because we bought the set originally on the Best Buy credit card, we still have to make payments every month. See? Them giving us a gift card for the cost of the set doesn't cancel out our billing on the credit card. Now, they could have just refunded it back to the credit card. But they chose not to do that. So currently, we're paying on a set we no longer have, but we have the gift card for the cost of what the credit card charge originally was. So now we are looking for a new set, since we currently have no HDTV.

Get it? We're shopping for a new tv with the gift card credit we have for Best Buy. This was mentioned, but you're too busy harassing me to have noticed that I guess.

Now, please, give it a rest already. I'm sure everybody is getting really sick and tired of you bringing this up repeatedly. I know I am. I do not have to explain myself to you. I did here, just so you can hopefully understand what's going on. I didn't ask for the gift card. If I could have had it my way, they would have sent us a check so we could pay off our Best Buy credit card and get that out of the way, and just start over. But that's not what they chose to do. They elected to give us a gift card for whatever reason. So we took it. We're not about to trade that in or sell it for cash and lose even more money that way. At least we got the full value of the set back one way or the other, which wasn't easy dealing with Samsung.

And by the way, we're not shopping for a $3,000 tv. We paid close to $2,000 for the ES7500 last year - which is why we're looking at the 46" ES8000, not the 55" - in case you didn't notice - Best Buy often has some fantastic sales on their Samsung sets - many times I see them offering $300 - $600 or more off the sets, especially after a few months. So we're planning on waiting until there's a good sale, and then take advantage of it and get the most out of our gift card. That should keep the price of the 46" F8000 not much more than the Es7500 was last year.

I'm done talking about this. You're bringing down the thread obsessing over this.
post #997 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 01:52 PM

Liked: 15
Here is a good article over on CNET explaining LED backlighting technology pretty nicely. Earlier I had brought this issue up in here and in case anyone is like me and wanted more info, here it is.

It is really making that Sony HX950 desirable as the last man standing lol.

Energy RC-70s (2) | Energy RC-LCR | Energy CB-5s (4) | SVS PB-2000 | Pioneer VSX-1020K | Samsung UN65F8000 | PS3 | PS4 | Apple TV (2nd gen) | DirecTV HR34 HMC | Harmony Ultimate
post #998 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Liked: 17
Could we kindly get back to the subject of this thread (there are options for those of you wanting to continue your conversation via private message - more appropriate and nicer to the rest of us).

Thus some questions:

From what I see there are some F8000s to be seen out in the wild.

1) What sizes so far?
2) Any banding issues to be seen on those sizes (put up a gray screen, if you can't do that, go to the Amazon Instant app and while it loads the screen is mostly gray - look for top to bottom uneven bands of lighter and darker gray).
3) How is overall picture quality?
4) How sturdy is the stand?
5) How about some close-up pictures of the bezel (frame) and stand (I am particularly interested in the "fact" that the stand looks like it is made out of two pieces joined in the middle.
6) Any ideas on when we may see the 60 and 65"? Seems that the 46" and 55" are already ahead of schedule.

(PS - anyone else notice that it appears [to me] that Amazon.com has pulled down the page on the F8000)...

Thanks!!
TristianX likes this.
post #999 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

DustinLH00, thanks for that link. Very informative article, and it really makes you realize that it's a shame that this edge-lit technology is where all the tvs are going. You would think that the tv tech would be getting better all the time, yet as that article proves, we're actually taking a step backwards in terms of picture quality with these edge-lit sets.

This is probably why the Samsungs need to dim the whole screen to make the blacks seem blacker (CE-dimming). They just can't get dark parts of the screen to stay really dark and at the same time have a single or small area of illumination without causing other issues.

That's probably also why movie mode last year didn't have great blacks - CE-dimming and micro-dimming were both disabled in movie mode, so while the screen didn't annoyingly brighten and dim constantly, the blacks weren't as dark as the other modes. I was hoping this year they might get a bit better at that and have less of the auto-dimming, but I bet it's pretty much the same the way it all works.
post #1000 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
One of THE definitive reviews, breathe it in folks

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Samsung-UE-F8000-55F8000-55-47F800-47-75F8000-75-Inch-3D-LED-LCD-Smart-TV-Review_491/Review.html

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
post #1001 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:

DustinLH00, thanks for that link. Very informative article, and it really makes you realize that it's a shame that this edge-lit technology is where all the tvs are going. You would think that the tv tech would be getting better all the time, yet as that article proves, we're actually taking a step backwards in terms of picture quality with these edge-lit sets.

This is probably why the Samsungs need to dim the whole screen to make the blacks seem blacker (CE-dimming). They just can't get dark parts of the screen to stay really dark and at the same time have a single or small area of illumination without causing other issues.

That's probably also why movie mode last year didn't have great blacks - CE-dimming and micro-dimming were both disabled in movie mode, so while the screen didn't annoyingly brighten and dim constantly, the blacks weren't as dark as the other modes. I was hoping this year they might get a bit better at that and have less of the auto-dimming, but I bet it's pretty much the same the way it all works.

I am just hoping that they are making these lesser quality displays because they are focusing on engineering OLED displays so that those get to us quicker, but I realize that is pretty optimistic.

Does anyone know what edges are lit in these new sets?

Energy RC-70s (2) | Energy RC-LCR | Energy CB-5s (4) | SVS PB-2000 | Pioneer VSX-1020K | Samsung UN65F8000 | PS3 | PS4 | Apple TV (2nd gen) | DirecTV HR34 HMC | Harmony Ultimate
post #1002 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet; guess the VT50 is going upstairs...

TC-P65VT50
Marantz NR1403
Bose Acoustimass 10
Panasonic BDT220 Blu Ray Player
post #1003 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:

2 remotes and 2 pairs of slightly improved glasses.

post #1004 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Good review, I wish they would have made direct comparison to the ES8000. It doesn't seem like us 8000 owners should toss our sets in the bin, but the F8000 does sound like a nice incremental improvement. I was disappointed to see how bad the blue was out of whack in RGB balance at defaults, as my ES8000 had the same behaviour.

Thanks for the link arenaman
post #1005 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Liked: 11
Hey, I know nerds usually know everything, accept for anything requiring people skills, but fighting and all that other childish stuff is pretty annoying. This topic is about the Samsung F8000. I've read every page so far, and now that the tv is actually out, no one talks about the tv. Who cares about the Sony HX950 or vizio or lg. Lets get some actual reviews and more talk about the tv. Okay, have a lovely day.biggrin.gif
post #1006 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
2 remotes and 2 pairs of slightly improved glasses.

That's all there is to it? biggrin.gif

Glowing reviews so far. Nice!!
post #1007 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post

That's all there is to it? biggrin.gif

Glowing reviews so far. Nice!!
biggrin.gif

post #1008 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCoolcool View Post

Hey, I know nerds usually know everything, accept for anything requiring people skills, but fighting and all that other childish stuff is pretty gay. This topic is about the Samsung F8000. I've read every page so far, and now that the tv is actually out, no one talks about the tv. Who cares about the Sony HX950 or vizio or lg. Lets get some actual reviews and more talk about the tv. Okay, have a lovely day.

Crap first post, it has to be said

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
post #1009 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Hey, I know nerds usually know everything, accept for anything requiring people skills, but fighting and all that other childish stuff is pretty gay. This topic is about the Samsung F8000. I've read every page so far, and now that the tv is actually out, no one talks about the tv. Who cares about the Sony HX950 or vizio or lg. Lets get some actual reviews and more talk about the tv. Okay, have a lovely day.

While I agree about the thread going off topic as of late, I also am ok with the comparisons to competing sets. And you should find a different word to describe fighting and childish stuff, thanks! wink.gif

post #1010 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 02:42 PM

Crap rest of posts haha. I want to purchase this tv, and its pretty much out. Everyone has been talking about their financial situation. aha. I've lurked through 34 pages. This is the best time to actually talk about the F8000, seeing as that they are selling on amazon already. Thanks.
skelly6 likes this.
post #1011 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Crap rest of posts haha. I want to purchase this tv, and its pretty much out. Everyone has been talking about their financial situation. aha. I've lurked through 34 pages. This is the best time to actually talk about the F8000, seeing as that they are selling on amazon already. Thanks.

The financial argument was only about 10 or so posts, not 34 pages, lol. I believe it was among 3 or 4 posters and not everyone. No one knows much about the F8000 since it's "NOT" offically out yet. Yea, you could buy it on Amazon but with the exception of a few people on Long Island, no one has seen it. The AV Forum Review is the 1st decent review of many in the coming weeks. Did you happen to see when this thread was started? It wasn't yesterday!
post #1012 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM

No lol, The good reviews were before it came out. These last 6 pages are about nothing. Don't reply back so we can go back to the reviews. smile.gif
post #1013 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:

No lol, The good reviews were before it came out. These last 6 pages are about nothing. Don't reply back so we can go back to the reviews. smile.gif

Go on then, we'd love to hear your views on the TV

post #1014 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Lol! How old are you? Maybe you should just wait for Cnet to tell you you should get this set or not, or better yet, do everyone in this thread a favor and buy the F8000 from Amazon and give us your review of it.
I won't reply back and hopefully everyone else ignores you in the future.
post #1015 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Liked: 17
Thanks for posting up that review.

I am waiting for the 65" - any ideas on when that will be out??

If there is any incremental improvement of the banding issue over the UNES658000, then the F8000 set will be for me. Not looking for perfection, just something better than horror.
post #1016 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 284
move on please

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Link to sponsors
good to be back to vBulletin
post #1017 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
It is good to see good reviews on this tv so far! I just wish they hurry up and bring out the 60F8000 and then I will be a happy camper and there is no issues with the larger screens. 65F8000 would be nice, but that would be a little out of my range and I would be pushing the limits of my space. Hopefully a site will have the dimensions of the 60in and the 65in up soon. Time to prepare to sell my 55D8000!!!
post #1018 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Liked: 49
Well that 3 reviews so far, all saying pretty much the same things:

1. This TV has great blacks, and the micro dimming and cinema black technology's work well. Also the shadow detail is more along the lines of what Sony offers.

2. This TV has great color reproduction without exaggerating the colors like most Samsung TV's.

3. Most importantly, this TV has great uniformity, with no clouding, or flash lighting.

4. The new stand looks nice, but it requires a large surface

Of course, the bad news is that Samsung probably hand picked and sent these reviewers their best F8000 units. However, the fact that there are production F8000's with almost perfect uniformity makes me happy. It's really nice to see that Samsung put some effort into improving the PQ instead of putting all of their effort into new "smart" functions.

On the other hand, I do worry about how many F8000's will I have to go through before getting a good one. I'm especially worried about this because of Best Buys new return policy, which I'm sure other companies will follow.

So far, it looks like this black Friday I will be getting an 55" F8000.
post #1019 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

It is good to see good reviews on this tv so far! I just wish they hurry up and bring out the 60F8000 and then I will be a happy camper and there is no issues with the larger screens. 65F8000 would be nice, but that would be a little out of my range and I would be pushing the limits of my space. Hopefully a site will have the dimensions of the 60in and the 65in up soon. Time to prepare to sell my 55D8000!!!

It looks like the F8000 will have similar dimensions to the ES8000. The biggest difference I can think of is that the F8000 will sit lower than the ES8000 because of its stand.
post #1020 of 3703 Old 03-08-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
If there is any incremental improvement of the banding issue over the UNES658000, then the F8000 set will be for me.

If the banding issue is solved, it´s going to be a tough choice for me deciding between the F8000 LCD (which so far according to reviews, picture wise is going to be hard to beat) or the F8500 and VT60 Plasmas. Reviews and prices will tell....
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr65hx929 65 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wifi Black , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page