UN46ES7100 has a convex shape when i look at it from the side... normal? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys, this is my 3rd samsung tv but first time i go SLIM led. Received my UN46es7100 today and as soon as I got it out of the box, i noticed a subtle but still visible convex shape in the tv. If you look at it from the side of the tv, you will see that the center of the screen is nearer from the wall then the sides (hence why i call it convex).

This shape was noticed when i put in on the stand, but seems more obvious when i mount it on the wall. Note that I don't think it is the mount that is causing this since it was like that also on the stand prior to me putting it on the wall.

I called samsung support, they told me it is normal. The guy wasn't really convincing however so i'd like to get feedback from you guys. Sorry if there are posts about that, couldn't find anything related to that.

TV looks very good, i don't see any problem with the image, no bright spot, nothing. Also i got this by exchanging some air miles reward points i had to use to it is not like i can exchange it easily for another.

Would like to hear from you guys. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Screen shot?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here are two pictures of it. Not the best ones but that should give an idea. Wall is straight, notice that edges appear to be further from the wall, and center of the screen is closer.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 162
I thought you meant the image, surely not the physical unit. Can't say I ever looked at a set that way.

I wouldn't worry about it, it looks very minor.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page