post #451 of 859 Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyusa2004 View Post

1) Would u say going to a 80 inches model from a 63 inch is a big change in terms of TV screen real estate ? Oh yes !!

The only two 80 inches i am consdering are the Sharp 857 and Vision M series but i think the Visio has a very glossy screen and not sure how well it performs anyways. Drop the Vizio for this reason and move to the Sharp.

2) I currently have 5.1 Audio system running thru a Pioneer elite non 3d receiver from 4 years ago. My current TV sound and all other sources are played thru External speaker 5.1 system thru the Receiver , all conencted via HDMI. I keep hearng on this forum there are lip snc issues with this 70/80", is it with just tv speakers or the issues are also when sound is gong from TV hdmi port to Rcv to external spkrs? Lip Sinc issues are caused by many different things. It literally can be any devise in the setup causing these types of issues.

Thanks in adance for your feedback which will help me decide if i wana upgrade to an 80 inch I did exactly what you did, I came from the same 63" Samsung. I wanted big, and oh man is it big !
Answers above........
tlwiz1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 859 Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyusa2004 View Post

Hi folks,
I have a 63" , Samsung plasma -about 4 years old tv and was considering to get a bigger screen tv( 80") as my main seating distance in my Family room is about 16 feet. I watch only hd- FIOS hd shows and blu ray movies.

I briefly saw a 70" Sharp 8 series at BB and pictured looked good , may be better than my 4 year old Sammy plasma but need more time to be sure though

1) Would u say going to a 80 inches model from a 63 inch is a big change in terms of TV screen real estate ?

The only two 80 inches i am consdering are the Sharp 857 and Vision M series but i think the Visio has a very glossy screen and not sure how well it performs anyways

2) I currently have 5.1 Audio system running thru a Pioneer elite non 3d receiver from 4 years ago. My current TV sound and all other sources are played thru External speaker 5.1 system thru the Receiver , all conencted via HDMI. I keep hearng on this forum there are lip snc issues with this 70/80", is it with just tv speakers or the issues are also when sound is gong from TV hdmi port to Rcv to external spkrs?

Thanks in adance for your feedback which will help me decide if i wana upgrade to an 80 inch

I went from a Pioneer 64" RPTV to the Sharp 80" 844U. I sit about 14' from the TV.

Follow this link for size comparison: http://www.displaywars.com/63-inch-16x9-vs-80-inch-16x9

My room environment required a matte screen which is one reason I picked the Sharp.

I feed my Dish Hopper and PS3 thru my Yamaha RX-V671 receiver to the 844U and have experienced no lip-sync issues.

I couldn't be happier with the Sharp.
post #453 of 859 Old 08-26-2013, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
QUESTION REGARDING THE VERTICAL BARS......

Hi folks, My first 80" had very bad clouding that was easily seen during dark areas of playback material. It also had the 4 vertical bars that everyone has talked about.

I received a replacement today and there is no clouding whatsoever...the blacks look very black. However, when I hit STOP on my Blu-Ray and have a blue screen, I can see the 4 vertical bars(each about 4 inches wide) when standing about 6 ft. from the screen or closer.

I do not see the bars as soon as I play back material.

Was it decided on this thread that this is not abnormal behavior as long as you don't see them during playback?

Thanks very much!

Jeff
post #454 of 859 Old 08-27-2013, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

post #455 of 859 Old 08-28-2013, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Been researching 70" inch TVs here at AVS for about a month. Still really up in the air as to make if my DLP croaks. At any rate as far as the Sharps, I have been looking at the specs on the 757 & 857. I see that the 857 has superbright (?) & Aquamotion 960 that the 757 doesn't have. I believe that in this thread that most everyone is turning off aquamotion so that would be a moot point. Have no idea what superbright is.
I quess my question is: Can the 857 be worth $650 dollars more if these are the only differences between the sets? Any thoughts would be appreciated! I am also researching the Sony & Vizio.
Thanks, Gerry
post #456 of 859 Old 08-28-2013, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post

Been researching 70" inch TVs here at AVS for about a month. Still really up in the air as to make if my DLP croaks. At any rate as far as the Sharps, I have been looking at the specs on the 757 & 857. I see that the 857 has superbright (?) & Aquamotion 960 that the 757 doesn't have. I believe that in this thread that most everyone is turning off aquamotion so that would be a moot point. Have no idea what superbright is.
I quess my question is: Can the 857 be worth $650 dollars more if these are the only differences between the sets? Any thoughts would be appreciated! I am also researching the Sony & Vizio.
Thanks, Gerry

Superbright is basically for people with brighter lit rooms. This is the description from Sharp, "Super Bright™, a new high-brightness panel combined with an intelligent contrast engine, constantly analyzes the signal and enhances the brightness of the bright objects on the screen while maintaining the black levels on the rest of the screen. The result is a more brilliant, more contrasted picture."

Also, the 857's have a semi gloss screen where as the 757's have a matte.....at least in the 60 inch since thats what I was shopping around for. 70 inch I'm sure is the same.
Is it worth the extra money? I thought it was when I ordered my 857, but if you have a darker room the superbright might not be needed.
post #457 of 859 Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlejuice247 View Post

Superbright is basically for people with brighter lit rooms. This is the description from Sharp, "Super Bright™, a new high-brightness panel combined with an intelligent contrast engine, constantly analyzes the signal and enhances the brightness of the bright objects on the screen while maintaining the black levels on the rest of the screen. The result is a more brilliant, more contrasted picture."

Also, the 857's have a semi gloss screen where as the 757's have a matte.....at least in the 60 inch since thats what I was shopping around for. 70 inch I'm sure is the same.
Is it worth the extra money? I thought it was when I ordered my 857, but if you have a darker room the superbright might not be needed.

Thanks for the explaination of "superbright". We have a 8' picture window to the side of TV but have full length blinds that I pull down if watching TV during the day. I don't think that the option
would be overly important to me. I'm sure the 757 is quite a bit brighter than my Mits 73" DLP and watching it is not a problem. So basically, $650 diff seems to be a waste of money at this point for the 857 I would guess. Gerry
post #458 of 859 Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post

Thanks for the explaination of "superbright". We have a 8' picture window to the side of TV but have full length blinds that I pull down if watching TV during the day. I don't think that the option
would be overly important to me. I'm sure the 757 is quite a bit brighter than my Mits 73" DLP and watching it is not a problem. So basically, $650 diff seems to be a waste of money at this point for the 857 I would guess. Gerry

The 857 is noticeably brighter but. as you say, most any modern LCD would be bright compared to a DLP. So you would be fine with the 757. I liked the 857 better in terms of external design. And I wanted the set that Sharp rated highest in terms of contrast. Unfortunately, the 80" 857 is slight lower in terms of real contrast as compared to my 70" 732. At least that was the case post calibration.

Robbin
post #459 of 859 Old 08-28-2013, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

You will love the 857!!! The 857 is a "bright" set. I watch mine with the backlight turned down to -10 in the dark and also when I have lights on. I like the design of the 857 much better then the 757
post #460 of 859 Old 08-28-2013, 09:10 PM

Anyone get a bluetooth keyboard for the tv yet? Any that work well?
post #461 of 859 Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM

Liked: 10
Additional BlueTooth question.

Has anyone tried to pair BlueTooth earphones with the TV?

If so, how well do they work?
post #462 of 859 Old 08-29-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingUp View Post

Additional BlueTooth question.

Has anyone tried to pair BlueTooth earphones with the TV?

If so, how well do they work?

Unknown if earphones are supported. Check with Sharp.
post #463 of 859 Old 08-29-2013, 06:42 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Anyone get a bluetooth keyboard for the tv yet? Any that work well?

I have not purchased one yet. But the one that I have the most interest in is the Samsung VG-KBD2000. This is the keyboard that comes with their smart TVs. It has a integrated touchpad/mouse. I actually have a friend who bought the samsung tv and has the keyboard. I am planning to borrow it and try it.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BMMPPBE/sr=8-3/qid=1377823001/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1377823001&seller=&sr=8-3
post #464 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 AM

Liked: 12
Seriously thinking about exchanging or returning the TV. We cannot live with this lip sync problem. It is really, really bad. It seems to be unique to this TV. Not sure if it is a bad TV or just a bad model but this is unacceptable!!!!!
post #465 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceEngr View Post

Seriously thinking about exchanging or returning the TV. We cannot live with this lip sync problem. It is really, really bad. It seems to be unique to this TV. Not sure if it is a bad TV or just a bad model but this is unacceptable!!!!!

Have you considered upgrading your receiver to a model new enough to have an audio delay option? My concern would be -- What if the replacement set (presumably not a Sharp) does the same thing?

Robbin
post #466 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You would be surprised how often it is something else in your system causing this issue. It is possible to get another TV ( different model ) and have the same issue. The whole problem with this type of issue, it can be anything from A-Z causing this issue. One must look at everything to see what is causing the issue.
post #467 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:

I experienced the same thing. However, my AV receiver has an audio delay which I set at 200 ms. Completely eliminated the lip sync problem.

It's possible that the problem is due to my setup. I have a FIOS stb connected to my receiver which then connects to my TV, both with HDMI. I could connect the stb to the TV and then use the audio digital out on the TV to connect to my receiver with an optical cable. I didn't try this since my receiver has the audio delay. BTW my receiver is an 7 year old Denon AVR-2807.
post #468 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTWTV View Post

I experienced the same thing. However, my AV receiver has an audio delay which I set at 200 ms. Completely eliminated the lip sync problem.

It's possible that the problem is due to my setup. I have a FIOS stb connected to my receiver which then connects to my TV, both with HDMI. I could connect the stb to the TV and then use the audio digital out on the TV to connect to my receiver with an optical cable. I didn't try this since my receiver has the audio delay. BTW my receiver is an 7 year old Denon AVR-2807.

I have the same setup except I have the coaxial digital from my receiver going to the fios stb. Hopefully I wont have any issues when I get the tv. My receiver only has 1 coaxial, 1 optical, and no hdmi input so I'm limited unless I get an adapter. Sad part is I have no audio delay option so I might end up having to upgrade if my current set up doesnt work.
post #469 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTWTV View Post

The solution lies in going HDMI between the FIOS/DirecTV/Cable unit directly into the TV, and using an optical cable from the audio out of the TV into the input of the AV receiver (Sony, in my case).

No audio problems of any kind.
post #470 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecortes View Post

The solution lies in going HDMI between the FIOS/DirecTV/Cable unit directly into the TV, and using an optical cable from the audio out of the TV into the input of the AV receiver (Sony, in my case).

No audio problems of any kind.

Since you are using an optical cable from the tv to the receiver are you still getting dolby or dts 5.1? I dont have the tv yet and havent seen any specs saying the tv has 5.1 decoders and am wondering it it does.
post #471 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Since you are using an optical cable from the tv to the receiver are you still getting dolby or dts 5.1? I dont have the tv yet and havent seen any specs saying the tv has 5.1 decoders and am wondering it it does.

I haven't tried it. However, in the owner's manual, page 26, it states the following in the System Options under Terminal Setting-Audio Setup:

You can output digital audio to an AV amplifier or similar device whose DIGITAL AUDIO INPUT terminal is connected to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT terminal on the TV. Please select an audio output format compatible with the audio format of the program you are watching and the equipment connected.
PCM: For connecting to equipment that does not support Dolby Digital and DTS. The same audio (main, sub, or main/sub) as the audio of the program being viewed is output. 2-channel audio with a sampling rate of 48 kHz or less is output as linear PCM audio.
Bitstream: For connecting to an audio system that supports Dolby Digital and DTS. Audio is output through both the main and sub channels.

Perhaps someone can confirm.
post #472 of 859 Old 08-30-2013, 08:27 PM

Sharp 857 or Samsung es9000 same price.
post #473 of 859 Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I note for the 5 extra inches, they are close to having the same qualities. The Sharp also has a semi matte screen where the Samsung is glossy.
post #474 of 859 Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 AM

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had an old firmware of the LC-70LE857U series. I updated my Firmware now its not HDCP compatible with my Marantz S6007 receiver. I tried talking to Maratz team and they will not update there firmware until more people complain. Only option is to move my TV to an old firmware but i cant find one online.

The version i am on is SHARP OKLA_LE857_140.UVP

Any help appreciated
post #475 of 859 Old 08-31-2013, 11:50 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

My Sony AV receiver is the one doing the 5.1 decoding. The Sony has several decoding algorithms, among them Dolby, Dolby II and DTS.

The TV is simply passing the audio stream on to the AV receiver via the optical cable. Since it doesn't output the sound through the TV speakers, it doesn't need to do any decoding.
post #476 of 859 Old 08-31-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I note for the 5 extra inches, they are close to having the same qualities. The Sharp also has a semi matte screen where the Samsung is glossy.

Are all of the 857 semi matte? Someone asked what screen the 60" came with on Sharps website on the product page and Sharp customer service posted its a semi gloss screen. I thought they were all matte so that had me confused.
post #477 of 859 Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:

Are all of the 857 semi matte? Someone asked what screen the 60" came with on Sharps website on the product page and Sharp customer service posted its a semi gloss screen. I thought they were all matte so that had me confused.

My 60 is semi matte
post #478 of 859 Old 08-31-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrawat1509 View Post

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had an old firmware of the LC-70LE857U series. I updated my Firmware now its not HDCP compatible with my Marantz S6007 receiver. I tried talking to Maratz team and they will not update there firmware until more people complain. Only option is to move my TV to an old firmware but i cant find one online.

The version i am on is SHARP OKLA_LE857_140.UVP

Any help appreciated

Did you try updating to the latest firmware to see if this resolves the issue? The latest version is 151U1307111 you can find your version by going to "MENU" "INFORMATION" "IDENTIFICATION"
post #479 of 859 Old 09-01-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post

My 60 is semi matte
So Sharp's customer service or whoever posted that answer on their page was wrong and is going to confuse a lot of people. rolleyes.gif
post #480 of 859 Old 09-01-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post

My 60 is semi matte
All sharp products are semi matte, if I am not mistaken they are the only grade A manufacturer who still makes a semi matte screen.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp He Lc 70le857u 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Tv , Sharp 80 Inch Full Hd Aquos Led Smart Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page