Official 2013 Sharp LC-XXLE857 Series Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 859 Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Newbie
 
krauskim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

^^^ How do you know the image was not like that from the get go, the actual graphics ? Where there other unit's which had the exact same content showing this same image ?

 

Good questions. The little image in my post is just an example. The content was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", which is a digitally animated film. The lines were clearly not intended to be in the picture. We saw this artifact in several different scenes. The lines would jump around a bit. In some cases it looked like a little ladder along the edge of a solid line.

 

This unit was in their speaker demo room, so there was nothing else around it for comparison.

 

There were some other Sharp units in a different area where I could do side by side comparison with other TVs, but the content was a totally useless highly compressed cable signal.

krauskim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 859 Old 10-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Newbie
 
trassae95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello! I have 70le857.
Where can I get a code to enter the system menu? Maybe who knows?
trassae95 is offline  
post #543 of 859 Old 10-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Senior Member
 
powertoburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA, USA
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I was watching "This Is The End" & "After Earth" on Blu-Ray and noticed once the movie started the tv switched into "X.V" display profile. The image was overly bright and colors were too red almost looks like dynamic mode was triggered, I switched the tv back to my calibrated "movie" mode. When I put in the next movie - the tv switched again to the x.v display mode ignoring the fact I had previously set movie. So, I just plugged in the settings from my calibration settings from movie to the x.v. profile. I was not able to adjust the color temp. The option is greyed out. The X.V display mode apparently only shows up when it is receiving an X.V. COLOR signal. I was surprised the Sharp tv offered this display mode.
powertoburn is offline  
post #544 of 859 Old 10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
powertoburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA, USA
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 25
A new firmware was released for the 857 today: Version: 152U1310171

This firmware adds support for Flingo browser based applications. It also improves the Closed Captioning functionality in Netflix and Vudu streaming apps.

This firmware also contains all previous fixes and enhancements.
powertoburn is offline  
post #545 of 859 Old 10-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Member
 
planemechfrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Can someone here on this post actually put some good calibrations before the year end. Been trying to get a good picture since April nothing has been great yet about this sharp tv picture quality. Just muddy
planemechfrito is offline  
post #546 of 859 Old 10-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemechfrito View Post

Can someone here on this post actually put some good calibrations before the year end. Been trying to get a good picture since April nothing has been great yet about this sharp tv picture quality. Just muddy
You really should just get a copy of disney wow. It really does make things that much better for your tv.
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #547 of 859 Old 10-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post

A new firmware was released for the 857 today: Version: 152U1310171

This firmware adds support for Flingo browser based applications. It also improves the Closed Captioning functionality in Netflix and Vudu streaming apps.

This firmware also contains all previous fixes and enhancements.
Thanks for the heads up. Just updated mine.
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #548 of 859 Old 10-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Member
 
planemechfrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I purchased it I just can't get the advanced settings correctly. Picture looks muddy
planemechfrito is offline  
post #549 of 859 Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemechfrito View Post

I purchased it I just can't get the advanced settings correctly. Picture looks muddy

What video setting are you in? Movie? I originally had my tv set to movie, but noticed on regular tv the colors looked off on a lot of shows while others looked ok. Blu Ray's worked perfect. I switched to Dynamic, re-ran the disney disc just for the heck of it and to me it looks good on blu ray discs and regular tv. I just turned the blacklight down so its not over bright. I know a lot of people hate dynamic mode, but I like it. Makes the colors pop on football games imo.
I only ran a few tests on disney wow and am happy with what I have as is my wife. I didn't have to go to deep into it to be happy with the results. I know I already posted my settings before, but this is what I currently have for both settings.


av mode dynamic
backlight (set to whatever the light is like in the room or so the colors are to bright. usually around +8)
opc off
contrast +34
brightness 0
color +4
tint 0
sharpness +4
color temp middle
motion enhancement 120 high or 240 aqua for sports
quad pixel plus 2 - advanced
active contrast - advanced
gamma adjustment +1
film mode off
digital noise reduction - auto
monochrome - off
everything else is default

av mode movie
opc off
backlight +16
contrast +37
brightness -2
color +4
tint +3
sharpness 0
color gamut range expanded
color temp - 10 point setting on
position +1
r gain +28
g gain +12
b gain +27
motion enhancement off
quad pixel plus 2 - advanced
active contrast - advanced
film mode off
digital noise reduction off
monochrome off
everything else is default

I originally had the color hue, saturation, and value set, but didn't see any difference so I just reset them.
planemechfrito likes this.
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #550 of 859 Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Member
 
planemechfrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I'm also using dynamic mode which I like better. I will try these settings when I get home. I'm considering upgrading to a 4k panasonic, not sure if I should wait.
planemechfrito is offline  
post #551 of 859 Old 10-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Member
 
hidaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Greetings fellow earthlings!

Thinking about getting this big boy. A few questions:

1. Does my 1 year warrantee still count if I buy this from an online company like east coast tvs? They seem to be 1000.00 cheaper but they are not an authorized dealer......

2. With a modern AV receiver that has lip sync or delay built in, are the Sharps lip Sync issues solved?

3. Im watching this TV in a room that will have all lights off for movies, on for TV sports. When in a dark room am I going to have light bleeding or edge light issues and will it be noticeable?

4. Do I need a "special" Hi Speed HDMI cable or is this snake oil?

Thanks all! Much thanks in advance,

Dave
hidaven is offline  
post #552 of 859 Old 10-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post

Greetings fellow earthlings!

Thinking about getting this big boy. A few questions:

1. Does my 1 year warrantee still count if I buy this from an online company like east coast tvs? They seem to be 1000.00 cheaper but they are not an authorized dealer......

2. With a modern AV receiver that has lip sync or delay built in, are the Sharps lip Sync issues solved?

3. Im watching this TV in a room that will have all lights off for movies, on for TV sports. When in a dark room am I going to have light bleeding or edge light issues and will it be noticeable?

4. Do I need a "special" Hi Speed HDMI cable or is this snake oil?

Thanks all! Much thanks in advance,

Dave

1. Depends. I would call and find out. Don't forget you can always get an extended warranty through Square Trade through Costco on their website for just $99. You don't have to be a member to buy it (there's like a $7 non member charge), and it kicks in after the manufacturer warranty ends. Sharp also has a decent priced extended warranty, but after reading their facebook page and all of the complaints about customer service I'd go the other route.
2. I have a very old Sony receiver with no lip sync delay option and I have 0 lip sync issues. I'm running my hdmi from my cable box to the tv and a optical audio cable from the cable box to the receiver. Same for my blu ray player. If the source causes issues then the lip sync option on the receiver should fix it with no problem. If you go hdmi from the tv to the receiver and experience lip sync you could just try an optical cable from the source to the receiver instead.
3. I have 0 light bleed, banding, and no edge lit issues on my set. If you get lucky like me and receive a flawless set you are good to go. You never know with tv's these days so until you get it you wont know if it has issues. If the edges seem brighter then the rest of the tv in the dark turning down the backlight usually helps. Having the correct brightness and contrast set helps especially with the whites in dark rooms.
4. Any hdmi will work. I use mediabridge ones I got on amazon on mine. Heavy duty and very affordable.

UPDATE I just did some research for you and honestly I wouldn't buy from East Coast tv's. Read this page 1/4 down. It mentions them by name. http://hdguru.com/how-to-get-the-best-hdtv-deal-hd-guru-investigates/
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #553 of 859 Old 10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
RobbinMerritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post

Greetings fellow earthlings!

Thinking about getting this big boy. A few questions:

1. Does my 1 year warrantee still count if I buy this from an online company like east coast tvs? They seem to be 1000.00 cheaper but they are not an authorized dealer......

2. With a modern AV receiver that has lip sync or delay built in, are the Sharps lip Sync issues solved?

3. Im watching this TV in a room that will have all lights off for movies, on for TV sports. When in a dark room am I going to have light bleeding or edge light issues and will it be noticeable?

4. Do I need a "special" Hi Speed HDMI cable or is this snake oil?

Thanks all! Much thanks in advance,

Dave

1. East Coast TVs doesn't have the best reputation. You can see comment after comment about misleading practices, pressure to upgrade shipping, and charging insurance by default. Personally, it's not a company I would do business with. In terms of the warranty, if it's not a gray market item (intended for sale outside the US), Sharp would probably honor the warranty. You can check the terms of the warranty out online -- it would all be spelled out there.

2. My modern AV receiver did resolve lip sync issues for me. Every source can be different so be sure you set each accordingly.

3. Depends on the set. These large LCD panels can have varying degrees of clouding and flash lighting. If you sit in a dark room and look at a black screen, mostly likely you will see some inconsistencies. Particularly with the backlight up. Sharp's rule is that you need to be able to see (and photograph) a cloudiness issue with a movie playing and a menu displayed.

4. Snake Oil. Cnet.com regularly reposts their article to remind people that, for the most part, a cable is a cable. If you have a long cable run (yards, not feet), you might need a better cable. Otherwise, no. I generally buy HDMI cables from Monoprice.com for less than $10 a cable. I've never had an issue.

Robbin
RobbinMerritt is offline  
post #554 of 859 Old 11-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Newbie
 
kloz44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
1. I got the 80 inch 857 in July from Best Buy for 3999.99. They will match just about anyone online. Plus, you get the 15 day return so if you don't like it, no problems.

2. Using direct tv, I have never had a lip sync issue. The only time I had a problem is when I changed my output on the ps3 from Linear to Bitstream. I then went to my receiver(Denon x2000) and adjusted the audio delay and that solved the issue.

3. Clouding was never an issue for me but that probably varies from tv to tv.

4. Snake oil. I agree with RobinMerrit and check out the cnet article about hdmi cables. Unless you need an exceptionally long cord, $10 dollars or less is all you should pay.


The tv is pretty nice and I came from a mid range 65 inch Panasonic plasma. Pretty impressive watching a movie with the 7.1 surround.......good luck in your decision.
kloz44 is offline  
post #555 of 859 Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 13,174
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #556 of 859 Old 11-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Member
 
hidaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Has anyone compared this set to the Vizio 80 inch model?
hidaven is offline  
post #557 of 859 Old 11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Member
 
Qualityair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this TV purchased from East Coast TVs for about 45 days now, it's working perfectly.
Qualityair is offline  
post #558 of 859 Old 11-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Member
 
planemechfrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Does someone have good OPC settings in the menu.
planemechfrito is offline  
post #559 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Member
 
HTCPBuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have seen this problem b4,, and sometime the solution is very simple.. Sharp tighten the screws in the four corners to tight.. had this problem with a 847u.. ( am now upgrading to the 857u-- for the dual core processors) solution try and loosen the screws in the four corners and see it that helps,,, not to much just a 1/2 to 1 turn.. By the way to everyone: If Sharp send someone out to replace the motherboard ( main board) in your tv..DO not except a rebuilt one. .Most are over 3 years old, and as I told Sharp " I did not pay $7,000 ( II bought when they first came out) for a 3 year old TV".. They are now replacing my TV with an 857u this years model.
My problem was the processor could not keep up with the video input from my computers ( I tired 9 different ones),, gave me line and breaking up, and flashes... Hoping the dual core is better..
( did not do this on 52 inch Samsung, or 46 inch Sharp only the 70 inch 847u.)
HTCPBuff is offline  
post #560 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Member
 
HTCPBuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Warranty Problem:
I've had this.. 70 Sharp 847u,, not working correctly,, so under warranty (7 months) called Sharp,, what they do is find a warranty repair station ( they pick 3) and see which one will do it for the least amount of money to come to your house and fix.. in my case they could not find ANYONE that wanted to do it,,, results,,, a new tv,, 857u .. I pick up next week and return this one.. But I live out in the sticks..

DO NOT let the service person or place talk you into letting them take the TV to the shop,, you will never see it again for 6 to 12 months ( if at all).. Sharps warranty is clear " 65 inch or larger is IN HOME !"
That's why they did not want to do mine,, if they did not fix it completely the first time they had to come back on their dime.. Sharp does not pay for extra trips.
HTCPBuff is offline  
post #561 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Member
 
Fritz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just purchased the 80" version of this television from Buydig.com. It was a good purchasing experience with no tries to upsell, delays in shipping or other crappy business practices. There was a small problem with shipping when the unit arrived, but Buydig made everything right immediately.

I am tempted to purchase the extended three year warranty from Sharp, but Consumer Reports tells me that such warranties are a waste of money, and I don't usually purchase them. To the people that have had this warranty has it been worth it? Do these types of TV break down enough to justify the expense?

I have replaced my 60" Sony KDS-R60XBR2 DLP which had the notorious green/yellow blob problem. That experience with Sony makes me a little nervous about this new Sharp.

What do you all think? Worth it or not?

Thanks!
Fritz12 is offline  
post #562 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz12 View Post

I just purchased the 80" version of this television from Buydig.com. It was a good purchasing experience with no tries to upsell, delays in shipping or other crappy business practices. There was a small problem with shipping when the unit arrived, but Buydig made everything right immediately.

I am tempted to purchase the extended three year warranty from Sharp, but Consumer Reports tells me that such warranties are a waste of money, and I don't usually purchase them. To the people that have had this warranty has it been worth it? Do these types of TV break down enough to justify the expense?

I have replaced my 60" Sony KDS-R60XBR2 DLP which had the notorious green/yellow blob problem. That experience with Sony makes me a little nervous about this new Sharp.

What do you all think? Worth it or not?

Thanks!

Absolutely a reliable extended warranty is worth it on such high dollar amount items. You are covered for such a small price. Why risk not having coverage? Better safe then sorry later. To me tv's these days can have problems when we least expect them to because they arent built like they used to be. If you look on Sharp's facebook page, Samsung's facebook page, etc.. you'll see customers who didnt get the extended warranty that wish they did for tv's that broke in just 2-3 years.
You can get the Sharp extended warranty for a decent price or you can get one through Square Trade like I did for $99 through Costco's website. There is a $7 fee if you arent a member. You dont have to buy the tv through them to buy the warranty. The warranty kicks in after the manufacturer warranty. Whatever warranty one goes with always read the terms so you know how it works and what is covered. I personally would never buy an expensive tv without an extended warranty. Most are very affordable these days to not be a good investment.

Here is the link to Costco's Square Trade warranty. Much cheaper then going through ST themselves. http://www.costco.com/3-Years-%28For-TVs-Over-%241%2c000%29.product.11680336.html

and Sharp's is https://sharp.yourserviceplan.com/presentationlayer/home.aspx
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #563 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Member
 
Fritz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I also have another question: has anyone noticed that the onboard audio is weak? I do have a large audio system that I use when watching movies and such, but for regular television watching like the news or whatever, I am accustomed to using the TVs speakers. The speakers for this TV is on the back of the set and is described as "down firing", but it seems that the sound is just going out the back.
I did pick up an inexpensive powered sound bar which does work well, but the TV's volume control does not affect the audio signal going out of the TV using either the optical output or the 3.5mm miniplug.

I guess I could get used to turning on the entire sound system for all TV, but maybe I'm missing something about the TV's setup.

Any ideas?
Fritz12 is offline  
post #564 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Member
 
Fritz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlejuice247 View Post

Absolutely a reliable extended warranty is worth it on such high dollar amount items. You are covered for such a small price. Why risk not having coverage? Better safe then sorry later. To me tv's these days can have problems when we least expect them to because they arent built like they used to be. If you look on Sharp's facebook page, Samsung's facebook page, etc.. you'll see customers who didnt get the extended warranty that wish they did for tv's that broke in just 2-3 years.
You can get the Sharp extended warranty for a decent price or you can get one through Square Trade like I did for $99 through Costco's website. There is a $7 fee if you arent a member. You dont have to buy the tv through them to buy the warranty. The warranty kicks in after the manufacturer warranty. Whatever warranty one goes with always read the terms so you know how it works and what is covered. I personally would never buy an expensive tv without an extended warranty. Most are very affordable these days to not be a good investment.

Here is the link to Costco's Square Trade warranty. Much cheaper then going through ST themselves. http://www.costco.com/3-Years-%28For-TVs-Over-%241%2c000%29.product.11680336.html

and Sharp's is https://sharp.yourserviceplan.com/presentationlayer/home.aspx

Sharp wants $219.00 for an additional three years. I'll check with Costco. Thanks for the advice, beetlejuice247.
beetlejuice247 likes this.
Fritz12 is offline  
post #565 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz12 View Post

Sharp wants $219.00 for an additional three years. I'll check with Costco. Thanks for the advice, beetlejuice247.

No problem. Cant go wrong for $99 +$7.
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #566 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Member
 
Fritz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlejuice247 View Post

No problem. Cant go wrong for $99 +$7.
I just bought it from Costco. It was actually $99 + $5.
Fritz12 is offline  
post #567 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz12 View Post

I also have another question: has anyone noticed that the onboard audio is weak? I do have a large audio system that I use when watching movies and such, but for regular television watching like the news or whatever, I am accustomed to using the TVs speakers. The speakers for this TV is on the back of the set and is described as "down firing", but it seems that the sound is just going out the back.
I did pick up an inexpensive powered sound bar which does work well, but the TV's volume control does not affect the audio signal going out of the TV using either the optical output or the 3.5mm miniplug.

I guess I could get used to turning on the entire sound system for all TV, but maybe I'm missing something about the TV's setup.

Any ideas?

The speakers just suck on these tv's. I dont even use mine because it sounds like I'm listening to the tv in a long hallway or something.
You could always try setting the tv to wall mode if you dont already have it on it. Go into the menu and go to initial setup then down to wall mount audio setup. Put it on yes. See if it sounds any better for you.
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #568 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz12 View Post

I just bought it from Costco. It was actually $99 + $5.

Even better then. Maybe I had to pay tax or something. I dont remember.
After you get the confirmation from Square Trade be sure to upload your receipt on their website to your account. Saves any future trouble if something ever were to ever happen to the original receipt and saves time if you ever need to file a claim.
beetlejuice247 is offline  
post #569 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Member
 
Fritz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlejuice247 View Post

The speakers just suck on these tv's. I dont even use mine because it sounds like I'm listening to the tv in a long hallway or something.
You could always try setting the tv to wall mode if you dont already have it on it. Go into the menu and go to initial setup then down to wall mount audio setup. Put it on yes. See if it sounds any better for you.
Just tried it...it sucks worse.
Fritz12 is offline  
post #570 of 859 Old 11-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Member
 
beetlejuice247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz12 View Post

Just tried it...it sucks worse.

lol better to not use them then.
beetlejuice247 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp He Lc 70le857u 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Tv , Sharp 80 Inch Full Hd Aquos Led Smart Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off