Official 2013 Sharp LC-XXLE857 Series Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 850 Old 11-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up the Sharp Aquos Quattron LC-60LE857U for 1499 @ BestBuy.

All the picture settings are kinda dim, I like to keep it on Dynamic(Fixed) as it is the brightest.

Setting up secured Wi-Fi was easy, updating TV firmware was really easy. (Goodbye USB stick)

The TV isn't too glossy, so it is watchable in a very bright/sunlit room.

Grabbed a new HDMI cable with 12gbs speed rate and can handle 240hz/3D.

Also grabbed the 5yr geek squad warranty with it just in case.

Nice TV for the price. Heavy Bastard smile.gif

Cons
I noticed I couldn't get sound from the Netflix app, I will have to look into that.
The sound played from the TV speakers only (which are junk), and not from the home theater setup.

The setup I have using an Onkyo Home Theater Receiver:

Sharp TV HDMI 1 > Onkyo HDMI 1
Verizon Fios set-top-box HDMI > Onkyo HDMI 2
Blu-ray HDMI > Onkyo HDMI 3
Roku HDMI > Onkyo HDMI 4

Hopefully I'll get it to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 850 Old 11-30-2013, 01:16 PM

Help! Just Bought a Sony KDL-70R550a at best buy for 1999. I was really tempted by the 70 LE857 but 2999 it was a lot more dough. Now I have buyers remorse. Thinking of going back and getting the sharp (delivery and install is Wednesday). Any advice at all will be really appreciated. Is the sharp really a better tv? I mainly watch sports and blue ray. Worth the extra money?
post #633 of 850 Old 11-30-2013, 01:46 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoderBlix View Post

Help! Just Bought a Sony KDL-70R550a at best buy for 1999. I was really tempted by the 70 LE857 but 2999 it was a lot more dough. Now I have buyers remorse. Thinking of going back and getting the sharp (delivery and install is Wednesday). Any advice at all will be really appreciated. Is the sharp really a better tv? I mainly watch sports and blue ray. Worth the extra money?

It really depends on who you ask and what you want out of it. The Sony tv is compared to the 757 so the 857 is already a step up from the Sony. Since you mentioned you watch sports, with the Sharp even with the highest Aquamotion 960 (which I never use because it darkens the tv way to much imo) you'll still get shadowing on footballs and golf balls if they move to fast. To me it will happen on all led's. Its not real bad on the Sharp though. Nothing I cant live with myself.
Blu rays are amazing on the Sharp.
Which will have a better picture? Sharp from the specs between the 2.

Sony is 120, Sharp is 240
Sharp has higher contrast ratio.
The Sony has passive 3d, Sharp has active 3d (I like active better)

I actually almost bought the Sony when I was shopping around myself, but the specs on the Sharp to me were better. The Sharp was also only $300 more when I got my 60 inch.
post #634 of 850 Old 11-30-2013, 02:01 PM

Thx for the reply. I have a 55 samsung that is an 8000 series in another room and the rep said I may not like the sony....but then he pushed me hard away from this sharp and towards a 65 samsung 7000 series on sale for 1999. I have 15 foot ceilings in the room this will go in and really want a 70 inch. Thinking I will go back and get the sharp....just have abad vibe about the sony since it is going for 1500 at frys and now is being sold at Walmart. I'm not a snob but want something nice for this kind of investment. Also worried about the 120 on the sony...I can't stand the jerky motion and afraid it will be bad on the sony.
post #635 of 850 Old 11-30-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Thx for the reply. I have a 55 samsung that is an 8000 series in another room and the rep said I may not like the sony....but then he pushed me hard away from this sharp and towards a 65 samsung 7000 series on sale for 1999. I have 15 foot ceilings in the room this will go in and really want a 70 inch. Thinking I will go back and get the sharp....just have abad vibe about the sony since it is going for 1500 at frys and now is being sold at Walmart. I'm not a snob but want something nice for this kind of investment. Also worried about the 120 on the sony...I can't stand the jerky motion and afraid it will be bad on the sony.

One thing I noticed with the Samsung 7000 tv's is a lot of motion blur. It actually made me stay clear from them. Every store model had it. I only liked the 8000's but it was out of my price range.
I personally dont see any motion blur on movies/blu rays on the sharp, but do see some on my cable, but its because of the signal.
If you get the Sharp you'll like it. I compared about 10 tv's and dont regret my choice one bit.
post #636 of 850 Old 11-30-2013, 04:07 PM

lots of input here its great

when are sharos 2014 8 series going to be revealed? maybe ill wait, lol

post #637 of 850 Old 12-01-2013, 03:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 587
You will see a them at CES next month, but they will not hit the shelf's till March or later..........

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
post #638 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 05:42 AM

Just a heads up...but the 70 inch 857u was on sale for $1800 at MicroCenters (in store only I think). I think the prices might still be good through today. Because of this, I went ahead and grabbed this TV instead of paying for a better PQ Panny VT series plasma (good picture, larger screen, cheaper price > great picture, smaller screen, higher price in this case...for my viewing environment anyways).

post #639 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 10:50 AM

Just checked the hours on the refurbished unit. here is what I found 

Backlight: 121h 50m

Center: 114H

Build date: May 2013 

I received the unit two weeks ao today and may have added 15-20 hours max. 

post #640 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 PM
VBB
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I also got in on the 70" Micro Center deal, which, by the way, was a misprint in their ads as well as a mix-up of SKUs in their system. Fantastic deal for those who caught it, and it's still good today (Cyber Monday ad).

This is my first Sharp TV, so I had to get used to the settings first. Before reading this thread I made the mistake of trying to calibrate in User mode, which turns out is pretty much impossible due to the lack of being able to select the Standard color gamut. After switching to Movie mode and selecting Standard color, doing a simple calibration with the AVS HD 709 patterns was a piece of cake. Picture is stunning now.

What really surprised me with Sharp, though, is that you cannot calibrate Movie mode (or any other mode except User) individually for each input. That's crazy. I would love to be able to tweak the built-in OTA tuner's picture separately.

I've already had my share of lip-sync issues as well. Seems the only way to fix it (at least for me) is to turn the A/V receiver on before anything else.

My current settings:

Picture Mode: Movie
Color Temperature: Low
Color Gamut Range: Standard
Backlight: -5
Contrast: 35
Brightness: 0
Color: -4
Tint: +4
Sharpness: 0

Anything that can be turned off is off.
Everything else is untouched.

My TV is wall-mounted, and I noticed that it's ever so slightly curved when you look at it from either side. Is that normal? It's mainly the frame that looks that way, but it also affects the screen by creating a surface that's not perfectly flat. You cannot see this at all while watching.

Henry
Sharp LC-70LE857U
Onkyo HT-RC360
Mede8er MED600X3D

DarbeeVision Darblet DVP-5000

Synology DS1813+

X-Rite i1Display Pro

post #641 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 03:57 PM

I am planning to purchase a TV for my entertainment room and have settled on the LE857 series. I am going back and forth between the 70 and 80 inch sizes.
The wall is plenty big enough to accommodate either one.

I have been doing lots of research regarding recommended screen sizes for viewing distance but there doesn't seem to be a right answer. Opinions vary on the matter.

We will have a U-shaped couch in front of the TV. The ends of the U (closest to the TV) will be 11 feet away. The bottom of the U will be 16 feet away.

Does anyone have the 70 or 80 inch models that could comment on which size might be better for my viewing distance? Also, are there any known differences between the 70 and 80 inch models OTHER than the size?
post #642 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM

Hey all first time poster, off and on reader.

I just bought one of these 80 inch bad boys and have a few concerns after reading this whole thread. My first/major concern is the audio synching issue. I have an older receiver myself Denon avr-1905 which does not have hdmi so I run my ps4 via hdmi to tv for the picture and fiber optic cable from ps4 straight to the receiver for the Dolby digital/dts. From what I can tell through reading these posts is that's going to cause me a lip sync issue. Can someone please explain the work around for me. From what I can tell it has to do with the optical out on the back of the sharp to the optical in on my receiver. Keeping the hdmi's the same as they are now from ps4 to tv and direct tv box to tv? Is this correct? Any setting in the tv menu I have to adjust to get this to work. I'm SCARED of the lip sync issue!!!!

Thanks for the clarification!
post #643 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post

I also got in on the 70" Micro Center deal, which, by the way, was a misprint in their ads as well as a mix-up of SKUs in their system. Fantastic deal for those who caught it, and it's still good today (Cyber Monday ad).

I also picked up one from Microcenter on Friday morning. I'm always leery of deals that seem to good to be true, but got one anyway. I just looked and both the 857 and 757 (which they had in their inventory system before Friday for $1799) are no longer in their system. The 857 was just put in for the Black Friday sale ad.

So why do you say it was a misprint? I can believe it, but was curious how you know that.

Also, I didn't get the extended warranty from Microcenter, but got it thru Costco for $99 for 3 extended years. Again, seemed like a good deal.
post #644 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 08:31 PM
VBB
Advanced Member

It was a misprint, because it first showed up in the Micro Center November ad, not the Black Friday ad, and in there it had the product number and specs of the 857 but the SKU of the 757. Then, in the Black Friday ad it had the correct SKU along with the 857 name and specs, but when I went there to buy it on Wednesday of last week, the inventory system at Micro Center had the same 857 SKU still listed as $3499 and the SKU of the 757 listed as $1799. The same was true on Black Friday and also today, as far as I'm aware. Big mess on their end. Manager was reluctant to honor it at first, but did in the end.

Henry
Sharp LC-70LE857U
Onkyo HT-RC360
Mede8er MED600X3D

Synology DS1813+

X-Rite i1Display Pro

post #645 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 08:43 PM
VBB
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airunh23 View Post

Hey all first time poster, off and on reader.

I just bought one of these 80 inch bad boys and have a few concerns after reading this whole thread. My first/major concern is the audio synching issue. I have an older receiver myself Denon avr-1905 which does not have hdmi so I run my ps4 via hdmi to tv for the picture and fiber optic cable from ps4 straight to the receiver for the Dolby digital/dts. From what I can tell through reading these posts is that's going to cause me a lip sync issue. Can someone please explain the work around for me. From what I can tell it has to do with the optical out on the back of the sharp to the optical in on my receiver. Keeping the hdmi's the same as they are now from ps4 to tv and direct tv box to tv? Is this correct? Any setting in the tv menu I have to adjust to get this to work. I'm SCARED of the lip sync issue!!!!

Thanks for the clarification!

I can tell you that there is no setting in the TV menu that will address lip sync issues. Your receiver might have a lip sync adjust setting, though, where you can manually set a delay. Your setup is slightly different from mine in that you use two cables (HDMI and optical) while I use only the one HDMI cable between the TV and the receiver, utilizing the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature. I'm watching OTA right now, and the one thing I noticed in regards to the sound is that currently only channels broadcast in 720p are having the issue. Anything in 1080i (NBC, local channel 9, etc.) is just fine. This makes me wonder if there is some additional processing going on with anything other than a 1080i/p signal, even though I have all processing turned off, including Film Mode.

Henry
Sharp LC-70LE857U
Onkyo HT-RC360
Mede8er MED600X3D

Synology DS1813+

X-Rite i1Display Pro

post #646 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I bought the Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE857U last friday and got it delivered yesterday, since I was in the store I couldn't decide between the Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA or the Sharp, both 60" and great picture. I have the opportunity to send the Sharp back and get the Samsung but I don't know if that's a good decision. The only significant difference I found so far is that Samsung offers micro dimming while Sharp doesn't. I picked the Sharp because I heard really bad things about Samsung's reliability over time and Sharp being in the Magnolia section of BB made me think it would be a better deal. I'm concerned about the input lag for video games, so far in standard AV, Sharp's about 100ms and 30ms when in game mode. I don't know the Samsung's input lag... 

So which one do you think is a better choice for cable TV, gaming and movies, Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE857U or Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA? 

Thanks

Mike.

post #647 of 850 Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post

I can tell you that there is no setting in the TV menu that will address lip sync issues. Your receiver might have a lip sync adjust setting, though, where you can manually set a delay. Your setup is slightly different from mine in that you use two cables (HDMI and optical) while I use only the one HDMI cable between the TV and the receiver, utilizing the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature. I'm watching OTA right now, and the one thing I noticed in regards to the sound is that currently only channels broadcast in 720p are having the issue. Anything in 1080i (NBC, local channel 9, etc.) is just fine. This makes me wonder if there is some additional processing going on with anything other than a 1080i/p signal, even though I have all processing turned off, including Film Mode.

My receiver doesn't have set a delay option as far as I can tell. I guess I'll just have to hook it up and see, but if I do have problems it seems that having my hdmi's go from ps4 and direct tv to the tv with fiber optic cable from tv to receiver is the fix?
post #648 of 850 Old 12-03-2013, 06:35 AM

Hi! We just got our 70" 857u at microcenter on the saturday after black friday for $1799. took out a squaretrade warranty for 4 years for $170.

i am having trouble getting my cablevision/optimum remote to sync with the tv. i can get the remote to recognize the tv with code 496, but it only recognizes channel changing. it doesnt recognize volume or mute. it also doesnt work the dvr properly. ive tried all the codes and none of them really work. help!!!

also, we have an old bose system (no hdmi) and i cant seem to get the tv to play thru the surround sound (bose) despite it being connected via composite video/audio (red/white/yellow).

any ideas? going to try an optical cable next.

thanks!
post #649 of 850 Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5gr3y View Post

Hi all,

I am currently considering a few TV's and was hoping you folks could offer some feedback. I will use the tv for 50% pc gaming,25% sports (hockey and Football)25% moives/tv shows.

Is this tv good for gaming?How is this tv for input lag? Do you get any movement blur? Anyone use the Nvida 3dtv with it?
I have done some research and I have it narrowed down to the 3 below. Any other thoughts on my choices are welcome.

1. Samsung f7100
2. Sharp LC70LE857
3. Sharp LC80LE844

Did you end up buying the Samsung or the Sharp? I'm still debating between keeping the LC60LE857U or replacing it with the 60F7100, what do you prefer and why?

post #650 of 850 Old 12-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post

In simple - No, existing remote it will not work, sorry to say that.
The remote is infra red IR based that required direct line.
However, there is another way to communicate to TV -
I haven't seen it yet - so no comments.

Sharp's app for iOS7 doesn't work at all...

post #651 of 850 Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM

Ok well...after seeing the Microcenter deals I may not have received the best price (but I have no microcenter within 90 miles or so). Anyway...I returned the Sony 70 550A I purchased on Friday and now have the below set for delivery. I have never purchased the warranty from Best Buy but the Mag rep pushed it hard and made a bundle out of it including install - said just the install on the 70 would be $400.00. Can anyone comment on how they priced it out? Wondering if I should have passed on the service plan bundle and just paid for the install.... Install also includes the soundbar

5 year LCD 2500-2900 Gold Service Plan Bundle - $519.99
Core Gold Service Plan Bundle 47inch and larger - $280.00
Calibration - $199.00
Sony HTCT260H Soundbar - $199.99
Sharp LC-70LE857U - $2699.00 (NewEgg price matched but would not waive sales tax)

Subtotal - $3899.96
Sales Tax - $174.00

Total - $4073.96
post #652 of 850 Old 12-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Received a call from Sharp today stating that they will exchange my unit with another refurb. They said they had none in stock but will ship one out when it becomes available. I asked if my 2 year extended warranty that my current refurbished came with as part of the offer was included and obviously not one of the 4 reps had a clue. The last one said he would have to send it up to a manager to see if it would transfer but all the while asking "sir, should I go ahead and accept the exchange for you?"  I had to say no three times to make sure the 2 years would not get lost. 

I also asked about a Return Authorization and they said they would do it.  All they need is the fax and email of the place I bought it from. I am not quite sure which route I should go because if I go new I will most likely lose the 2 year extended warranty.

If they do tell me that if I accept the refurb I lose the 2 year warranty I will most likely go new. Maybe they will say I can get the 2 years and New.  I highly doubt it. 

I will call Paul's TV and inquire about the RA and wait on Sharp's answer about the two year warranty . I do not see why I lose the two year warranty since that was part of the deal but it's Sharp and they can be sneaky. 

post #653 of 850 Old 12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 587
^^^ If it has at least a 90 day warranty from Sharp, you can always add a extended warranty to it............aftermarket warranty that is.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #654 of 850 Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenautilius View Post

Did you end up buying the Samsung or the Sharp? I'm still debating between keeping the LC60LE857U or replacing it with the 60F7100, what do you prefer and why?

I don't know if this helps, but I bought the UN65F7100 a week ago. I've been thinking of returning it for the LC70LE857.

I have several issues with the 7100.

For one thing, it wants to be the center of attention. What I mean is that it gets very annoying when it complains and throws up a dialog box when you switch the video feed from a receiver. It will work better if you don't route everything through it first. I've been using the Pioneer for quite some time to do the video/audio switching and not sure that I want to run all the HDMI cables up the wall. While the SmartHub is cute, I am not finding apps to be as robust as I would like and not nearly as user friendly as one would need it to be. I suppose if I didn't already have a Roku, an AppleTV, and a PS3 it might be a bonus to have. The only way to get the popup box from showing up, is to disable part of the SmartHub itself.

I'm also having issues with what I am calling edge bleed. Especially in all four corners of the screen you'll see additional light in dark scenes. Very noticeable with letterbox movies. What makes it better is to turn down the backlighting. This can make certain movies dark.

Then there is motion blur particularly on faces. The general answer is to turn off or the very feature that should be making this kind of issue better for LED TVs (i.e., the motion plus).

Now with all this said, it can produce a pretty decent picture all the same. The question that I am facing is whether the LC70LE857U can produce a better picture. I've pretty much decided that I don't care anything about the SmartHub or other Smart TV features. I just want a great picture.

In my other room, I have an older Sharp LC70LE735U. And, I am pretty happy with it. While it also has some "smart" features like netflix etc., I don't use it at all.

So, I'd like some opinions on the "picture" quality of the LC70LE857U? Do you think it is better, same, or worse than the UN65F7100???

What kind of issues might I find and have to deal with getting the LC70LE857U?

Your comments sure would be appreciated. I'm not as young as I used to be. Hauling and installing these big HDTVs is a real chore for me. Almost makes me want to curl up like a baby and cry thinking about pulling it off the wall, boxing it, and hauling it back to the store even if it is the right thing for me to do.... wink.gif
post #655 of 850 Old 12-05-2013, 05:07 AM

Liked: 13
Hello:
had the 847u and traded it up to the 857u and am amazed at how much better *( and brighter ) the picture is.. There still is some clouding BUT very little.. can only be seen when a very dark screen is on ( not during any video.) I am so glad that I exchanged them,, it cost me 300 dollars to upgrade but I do not regret it at all.
post #656 of 850 Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klips View Post

I don't know if this helps, but I bought the UN65F7100 a week ago. I've been thinking of returning it for the LC70LE857.

I have several issues with the 7100.

For one thing, it wants to be the center of attention. What I mean is that it gets very annoying when it complains and throws up a dialog box when you switch the video feed from a receiver. It will work better if you don't route everything through it first. I've been using the Pioneer for quite some time to do the video/audio switching and not sure that I want to run all the HDMI cables up the wall. While the SmartHub is cute, I am not finding apps to be as robust as I would like and not nearly as user friendly as one would need it to be. I suppose if I didn't already have a Roku, an AppleTV, and a PS3 it might be a bonus to have. The only way to get the popup box from showing up, is to disable part of the SmartHub itself.

I'm also having issues with what I am calling edge bleed. Especially in all four corners of the screen you'll see additional light in dark scenes. Very noticeable with letterbox movies. What makes it better is to turn down the backlighting. This can make certain movies dark.

Then there is motion blur particularly on faces. The general answer is to turn off or the very feature that should be making this kind of issue better for LED TVs (i.e., the motion plus).

Now with all this said, it can produce a pretty decent picture all the same. The question that I am facing is whether the LC70LE857U can produce a better picture. I've pretty much decided that I don't care anything about the SmartHub or other Smart TV features. I just want a great picture.

In my other room, I have an older Sharp LC70LE735U. And, I am pretty happy with it. While it also has some "smart" features like netflix etc., I don't use it at all.

So, I'd like some opinions on the "picture" quality of the LC70LE857U? Do you think it is better, same, or worse than the UN65F7100???

What kind of issues might I find and have to deal with getting the LC70LE857U?

Your comments sure would be appreciated. I'm not as young as I used to be. Hauling and installing these big HDTVs is a real chore for me. Almost makes me want to curl up like a baby and cry thinking about pulling it off the wall, boxing it, and hauling it back to the store even if it is the right thing for me to do.... wink.gif

Sorry for the late response, I've been dealing with a lot seasonal work. Thanks a lot for your comments. What I can tell you is that I actually liked the SmartHub better than the SmartCentral from Sharp. Sharp's smart features are really responsive and not intrusive IMO but I think the SmartHub has more apps and is more dynamic. Also I like being able to control the tv from my iphone using an app but Sharp's app just doesn't work and even worst it looks like is not hard problem to solve because there is another free app out there called MikesRemote that works well with the TV.

The edge bleed, clouding, banding and all of that is part of the edge-lit technology and I guess if you really don't want to deal with those issues you need to invest in a different technology like plasma or OLED. I do see the same issues in the 857U with dark scenes and letterbox movies but it not in a degree that really bothers me. I also see some motion blur but mostly when watching cable, I don't like to have motion enhancement enabled because the image gets a weird color and sometimes the audio gets out of sync. I will say both have great picture quality and they are really bright. The only reason I picked the Sharp over the Samsung was because I was concerned on the quality, I read a lot of bad reviews of people returning their Samsungs several times because they came defective. Also the bestbuy guy told me the same, and suggested that I may get better quality and reliability with the Sharp as being part of the Mangolia section.

I hope it helps.

post #657 of 850 Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs324 View Post

Just checked the hours on the refurbished unit. here is what I found 

Backlight: 121h 50m
Center: 114H

Build date: May 2013 

I received the unit two weeks ao today and may have added 15-20 hours max. 

How can you tell how many hours are on the set?
post #658 of 850 Old 12-07-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercell View Post

How can you tell how many hours are on the set?
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Thank you baron2 for providing the information (per our pm) on how to find out how many hours are on our units. (Attached below for others to use.)

Two questions about the proceedure.
1. will going into the menu affect the pro calibration that was done? (Don't think so, but always best to ask first)
2. Number 5) is that using the tv's ch/vol or the remotes ch/vol button?

**DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAKING CHANGES IN THE SERVICE MENU MAY RENDER YOUR SET INOPERABLE**

Ok, with all the warnings out of the way, here are the instructions....

1) Pull the AC plug on your TV
2) Press and HOLD the 'Input' and 'Vol-' buttons on the left side of your TV
3) Plug in the AC plug while holding the buttons, do not release the buttons
4) Hold the buttons until you see a large 'K' followed by the model number on the screen, release buttons
5) Press and hold the 'Ch-' and 'Vol-' buttons until the service menu is displayed
6) Press the down arrow on the remote to navigate to page 2/29
7) Look at "Center Acutime" and "Backlight Acutime" for TV operating hours
8) To exit, unplug AC, wait 20 seconds, plug in AC

Service Menu Navigation Keys
Arrow Up/DownSM page down/page up
Ch+/Ch-SM item up/down
Vol+/Vol-Item setting increment +1/-1
Arrow Left/RightItem setting increment +10/-10

here you go. Page 465 of the Sharp elite thread

supercell likes this.
post #659 of 850 Old 12-07-2013, 06:02 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Ok well...after seeing the Microcenter deals I may not have received the best price (but I have no microcenter within 90 miles or so). Anyway...I returned the Sony 70 550A I purchased on Friday and now have the below set for delivery. I have never purchased the warranty from Best Buy but the Mag rep pushed it hard and made a bundle out of it including install - said just the install on the 70 would be $400.00. Can anyone comment on how they priced it out? Wondering if I should have passed on the service plan bundle and just paid for the install.... Install also includes the soundbar

5 year LCD 2500-2900 Gold Service Plan Bundle - $519.99
Core Gold Service Plan Bundle 47inch and larger - $280.00
Calibration - $199.00
Sony HTCT260H Soundbar - $199.99
Sharp LC-70LE857U - $2699.00 (NewEgg price matched but would not waive sales tax)

Subtotal - $3899.96
Sales Tax - $174.00

Total - $4073.96
Man I'm sorry and don't like being the bearer of bad news but I think BestBuy took you for a ride. $799.00 for service plans !!!??? Its 200 and some dollars from Sharp.. Set up and install ( did they put it on the wall or just a stand??) should be about $200. and there calibration service is not the best going.. You have the right under LAW to CX the service plans within 30 days ( or that's what it was at one time)

Just remember that in 5 years will you want to repair a 5 year old tv?? ( 4k ultra is out now),, and if they can't repair it what are they going to replace it with??( how much will they give you for it??)
Price match at HH Gregg with BestBuy $2699.00 and 200 dollars to bring it to your house and set it up... I don't ever recommend buying the extended service with TV's or Cars or anything ( check around the internet and I think you will find that no consumer advocate would recommend extended warranties.. In two years tech will have advanced so far that the TV's we buy today will be like CRT's of yesteryear ..
Good Luck, and let me know how things turn out.
so CX the plans if you can.. If they say they can't tell them to take the TV back and you will get it somewhere else ( trust me at this point they WILL CX the plans, they don't want to loose the sale)
post #660 of 850 Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 PM

Liked: 11
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about the extended warranty comments and actually think it is a great idea. I recently bought a Sharp 844U and was kicking myself about purchasing the BB/Magnolia extended warranty instead of the much cheaper Sharp one. HOWEVER - just 7 months after purchase several pixels are locked on bright green really ruining the TV enjoyment for me. Sharp's warranty answer? TV is "within specifications" because the manual says "some' pixels could die or be stuck...but BB/Magnolia have absolutely stood by their warranty and am now having my TV exchanged through them. Worth every penny in my mind to have gotten the BB warranty and not be stuck with the broken Sharp!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp He Lc 70le857u 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Tv , Sharp 80 Inch Full Hd Aquos Led Smart Tv
Gear in this thread - 70le857u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page