External HDD not recognized in LG42LH50 LCD. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The external HDD is a STBV3000100 3TB NTFS. When I insert the HDD to the USB connection I get "Problem on the USB device. Please check USB." on the LCDTV (LG42LH50) screen. Originally I wasn't able to play any videos but after partitioning it I was able to play some video. I noticed that very large mkv files weren't able to play even though when I placed these same files on 8GB drives they were able to play perfectly. So I decided to partition it into 2 partitions using MiniTool Partition Wizard: the first being 1550.9 GB and the second one being 1243.6 GB. All media files are located in the second partition and the first partition contains backups. Currently the first partition is viewable and not the second. I am also running an error check to see if that is the problem.

In summation, no matter what I do I always get that error message when I plug it in but I am able to view videos via "My Media" function of the LCD. Some very large (over 1GB) mkv files are not viewable and some folders crash. Note: the manual states that file alignment is similar to Windows XP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After formatting the partition with media, I still get the "Problem on the USB device. Please check USB" error message. But it does seem to work now and only that partition seems visible.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 42lh50 42 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Broadband Lcd Hdtv Gloss Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page