PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. FIRST TIME HERE. ISSUE: SAMSNG 46inch HAVE TO CONSTANTLY CHANGE SETTINGS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
Real names' Steve. I just Got on monday a 46 inch Samsung SLIM LED 1080P 240HZ 3D. I can't stand it. I have had a 32 inch Sony Bravia for 4 years. Set it for my tastes in a couple days, all channels seem the same to me except for HD-non HD channels, but that is to be accapted. This new Samsung I have to re-do almost all settings-contrast,sharp, color, bright etc. Not being super picky, things differences are obvious. Tried setting on all -std,nat,movie,dynamic.
It has some stange feature to capture fast or blurry motion, looks like a soap opera camera. Had the guy change it when he delivered it but the differences per channel, regardless, I have keep changing the settings.
I called Samsung and all they did was put it back to default settings, just the guy did when he was here. I Hate this TV and don't know what to do. I have to get a new one because I have become severely disabled and my sister and brother in law come to Tacoma from seattle to help me live independently and I have been wanting a bigger TV anyway so I gave it to them as a present and and can't take it back. Is Panasonic any better? The store folks folks are acting like I am a pain in the ass , despite the fact I have bought TV's, expensive sound gear-thousands and thousands over the years, it is hard to go places to to see everything myself. So I did some of that and had to rely on store people I have known all my life, and my bro-inlaw.
PLEASE HELP ME. READY TO THOW IT OUT THE WINDOW. STORE FOLKS SEEM NOT TO CARE AT ALL.
STEVE BUFFINGTON
Tacoma Wa.
I'm in the book
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 PM

Liked: 11
OK, first things first: what's the model number of your TV? ES6100 or something like that?

Second, regarding the soap opera effect, you should find the Auto Motion Plus menu and change it to the "clear" setting. This should reduce any problems you're having there.

Was your prior TV 1080p HD? If it wasn't, you might be experiencing what happens when there's a big difference in signal quality between channels. Some channels will come through with an awesome crisp, clear 1080p picture and others look much, much worse. That's just the way it is. It has to do with the channel itself and also how your cable providing in compressing the signal that it sends to you.

People who are going up to 1080p often have trouble adjusting to this because they are used to every channel looking the same. When you have a crappy non-HD channel every channel looks crappy, so you don't notice as much when one is slightly crappier than the other. But with full HD, differences in signal quality between channels becomes much, much more apparent.

Have you tried using a Blu-Ray player? I would do that so you get a sense of how your TV truly looks when it is getting a great connection to a pure 1080p source.

Most likely your issues are with the signal. You have to fiddle around with your TV calibration to find a picture that you can live with most of the time. I've had my new Samsung TV for about three months now and I still fiddle with it from time to time.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hello Mr. nwener,
Thank you for responding. Model of Samsung is UN46ES7500. Pror set was a 4 year old Sony Bravia 32 inch HD. Running HD and all channels with Comcast. Have HD box. Don't know if old TV was 1080P or not. I could tell the difference between HD and non HD but one setting in general and I never went to the Picture mode at all. Would a Panasonic 47 inch TV do that or any other large TV? I would feel better if I was not alone. The seller told me he has never heard this complaint at all, both sellers I talked actually said this. I find this hard to believe. Talked to my Comcast provider and they said they run everything HD through the same frequency. My DVD is a Samsung and has worked great for everything. The sellers make me feel like I am not welcome anymore without saying so. There dis-interest is palpable. Been with them for 40 years.
If you want to, Feel free to call me at 253 272 2370. Call collect if you want to. I am disabled severely and will be home from (pacific time 3:30 to 5:50, then must exersize for about 30 minutes and be back by 6:30.
Thanks you
Steve Buffington
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page