Official LG XXLM6400 Owners Thread... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own an 47LM6400 (got it at Sams Club). I was very happy since i got.
After I upgrade firmware from 04.20.18 to 04.31.30 DLNA stopped working well (I upgrade through the TV menu). Videos stopped playing at some point and I have to powercycle the TV. With previous software everything worked perfectly. Also previously i was able to detect DLNA compatible mobile devices. Not anymore.
I would like to revert to 04.20.18.
Does anybody know where to get the old firmware? I am pretty confused since LG US doesn't show any firmware listed for my model but shows (new & broken) 04.31.30 for 55 inch model
Any help is appreciated. I dont want to break my TV. I wish there was a way to rollback the upgrade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 AM

@garce - I haven't noticed those issues you are talking about but I have also not had very good luck with this model so far.

As for my issues...

I just returned a 47LM6400 to Sam's Club yesterday b/c of the light bleed in the upper left and right corners and got another, same 47LM6400 model. The one I picked up was a little better, but it's still there a little.

But the input lag on this new one is absolutely horrible. I have external speakers and the sound comes out of them almost 3/4 of a second before the video/tv audio matches up. I didn't notice that on the first one.... Messed around with all of the settings, disabling various features, no way to get it to match up. Does anyone else have that problem with this set?

I don't know, maybe third time is a charm? I love all the features of this TV, I just want it to work. I just don't want to be flagged in their system as someone who keeps taking TV's back over and over.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 06:56 AM

I was having issues with a bit of edge bleed and I had one vertical line that was apparent on lighter screens. Major screen uniformity. Yesterday I got another model and I made sure that it was vertical on the pallete when I got it. I also transported it home vertical. I made sure I was careful when attaching the stand by pitting the display face down on a table covered with a large flat towel. So after all that I have not found any issues with this new display. So either I had a bad panel previously or it was messed up at the store ( first one I bought was laying flat in store). I am extremely happy now. I would try it one more time and be really careful with it.
post #4 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 AM

@zeedub - Any issues with input lag?
post #5 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 PM

^^^^
I'm not experiencing any on game mode if your referring to gaming on it. I have not tried Call of duty on it or any games like that yet, but the wii u feels responsive on it. I did have to adjust the audio sync on it though but after I did that it has been great.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 AM

So, got another.... this is now my 3rd set and it has light bleed as well. I got one that was standing upright, transported it vertical, was unbelievably careful with it. Same thing.

Either I'm way too picky or just extremely unlucky.
post #7 of 13 Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 AM

I picked up my 47LM6400 at Sam’s Club and hooked it up, yesterday. I have also noticed the light bleed at the upper corners, along with some other issues:

• The YouTube app has intense difficulty playing videos that play fine on our computers. SD videos have a noticeable lag between audio and video while HD videos have to buffer every second or two.

• Internet videos on CBS.com (which also play fine on our computers) stop playing after every commercial, forcing us to reload the page.

• Hulu is so slow that we couldn’t even get to the point where we could start a video. (See a pattern here?)

• Netflix randomly asks us to log in again—a minor annoyance when the kids aren’t around, but a major one when we don’t want them to see the password.

• The “Magic Remote” is so sensitive that it activates a cursor on the screen every time someone farts in its general direction. However, the cursor disappears within a couple of seconds—usually just about the time I try to click on something, assuming I was touching the remote in the first place.

• The “Magic Remote” is also very difficult to use in a darkened room, as it has virtually no tactile feedback to distinguish between buttons.

All this is stuff I noticed within the first 12 hours of ownership. I’m not sure what to do about it, since this is our first flat-panel TV and I have no clue what’s par for the course. Is this normal stuff, or should I be looking elsewhere?
post #8 of 13 Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Otter View Post

I picked up my 47LM6400 at Sam’s Club and hooked it up, yesterday. I have also noticed the light bleed at the upper corners, along with some other issues:

• The YouTube app has intense difficulty playing videos that play fine on our computers. SD videos have a noticeable lag between audio and video while HD videos have to buffer every second or two.

• Internet videos on CBS.com (which also play fine on our computers) stop playing after every commercial, forcing us to reload the page.

• Hulu is so slow that we couldn’t even get to the point where we could start a video. (See a pattern here?)

• Netflix randomly asks us to log in again—a minor annoyance when the kids aren’t around, but a major one when we don’t want them to see the password.

• The “Magic Remote” is so sensitive that it activates a cursor on the screen every time someone farts in its general direction. However, the cursor disappears within a couple of seconds—usually just about the time I try to click on something, assuming I was touching the remote in the first place.

• The “Magic Remote” is also very difficult to use in a darkened room, as it has virtually no tactile feedback to distinguish between buttons.

All this is stuff I noticed within the first 12 hours of ownership. I’m not sure what to do about it, since this is our first flat-panel TV and I have no clue what’s par for the course. Is this normal stuff, or should I be looking elsewhere?
I just picked up this TV 2 days ago. Have a little bright spot on the top left corner but the rest of the TV is perfect. I returned a 55lm4600 that had light bleed in all 4 corners so for that issue you have to all yourself goitre bad it is as you could be risking getting something worse.

Of course Sam's Club is good about returns but it is annoying to have to pack up a large TV and being it back on a weekly basis.

For the remote, there is an iPhone or Android app you can download which is great all around but will definitely help in the dark.

Haven't used to many smart features yet but did stream a 30 minute Netflix show last night with no issues and the quality of the picture was great!
post #9 of 13 Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtex2013 View Post

So, got another.... this is now my 3rd set and it has light bleed as well. I got one that was standing upright, transported it vertical, was unbelievably careful with it. Same thing.

Either I'm way too picky or just extremely unlucky.
All LEDs will have light bleed unless they are full array. Does not matter how careful you are with handling it. It comes down to how bad it is and if you want to keep returning in hopes for one that looks better. If you are going to bring it back for sure you might want to gently try and rib it out first and see if that works. They're is a thread here that talks about it and people have been successful. Would only try this if you are willing to return if it doesn't work out.

Only other option in this price range is to go with a plasma. I prefer an LCD with some light bleed and passive 3d over a plasma with active 3d.

Best thing with Sam's Club is the 90 day return policy!
post #10 of 13 Old 01-24-2014, 09:17 AM

Anyone else have any WiFi issues with the latest 06.01.03 firmware? Netflix crashing mid-show?
post #11 of 13 Old 01-24-2014, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Same issue. Netflix crashed approximately every 30 minutes. Upon exiting wifi was lost.
post #12 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 08:59 AM

So, I had a tech come out (TV is still under warranty). He's going to replace the main board. He had no way of downgrading the firmware. Said he had a lot of people with this same issue after upgrading to 06.01.03.
post #13 of 13 Old 04-18-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtex View Post

So, I had a tech come out (TV is still under warranty). He's going to replace the main board. He had no way of downgrading the firmware. Said he had a lot of people with this same issue after upgrading to 06.01.03.

Yes! Same here, had the mainboard replaced, worked up until I did the upgrade. Called the TV repair shop again and a tech overheard the conversation I had with his co worker and called me back. He's seeing a lot of this and his contact at LG acknowledges the issue. But he didn't have an ETA on when a new version will be out.

I've got two LG's here, the LS5700 is having the problem, but the LM6200 with the same software level is fine. Might be something directly related to specific models.

So I'd say if anyone happens to be on an earlier version maybe turn off the auto update for the moment.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 47 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Thin 47lm6400
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page