OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV SmartHub Keyboard THREAD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Samsung VG-KBD1500 Wireless Keyboard - 2012 Models @ $100

If you want keyboard intergration into Netflix and You Tube in smarthub, don't buy this product or any other for that matter. You cannot use these Keyboards for entering text for search on most of Samsung apps such as You Tube and Netflix. what the heckkk....

Even with the logitech K400 wirelless keyboard which is an excellent choice @ $50, still wont work with those apps....WTF...

This brings me back to this point: why even bother then? Only use the keyboard with the crappy browser? Come on samsung......

I guess this is all part of the other threads here about the lack of concern from samsung to the customers...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450292/official-samsung-smart-tv-evolution-kit-thread

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438853/official-samsung-smart-hub-fiasco-thread

mad.gif

Has anyone had any luck with other wireless keyboards with those apps or other ones other than that browser....

If so give me some more info....

I guess we gotta get samsung and these app developers working on a solution.... $100 FOR A USELESS KEYBOARD IS A WASTE.....even the cheaper $50 logitech.... and dont even get me startted on the evolution kit that is supposed to be a sub $500 price tag....
moviejan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

anyone?
post #3 of 20 Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

Samsung VG-KBD1500 Wireless Keyboard - 2012 Models @ $100

If you want keyboard intergration into Netflix and You Tube in smarthub, don't buy this product or any other for that matter. You cannot use these Keyboards for entering text for search on most of Samsung apps such as You Tube and Netflix. what the heckkk....

Even with the logitech K400 wirelless keyboard which is an excellent choice @ $50, still wont work with those apps....WTF...

This brings me back to this point: why even bother then?

I'm totally with you. What's the point. Makes using smarthub for these services pointless.
post #4 of 20 Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruinn View Post

I'm totally with you. What's the point. Makes using smarthub for these services pointless.

Samsung has to work with app developer to get keyboards to work with most apps, especially netflix, amazon, vudu..etc...unaccepatable
moviejan likes this.
post #5 of 20 Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM

Liked: 12
Hi, this is still a new thread, so I thought I'd ask if anybody has an update if they plan on supporting apps with the wireless keyboard?
Thanks!
post #6 of 20 Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by binici View Post

Hi, this is still a new thread, so I thought I'd ask if anybody has an update if they plan on supporting apps with the wireless keyboard?
Thanks!

as of right now the same old same old....even the samsung Oem KEYBOARD is useless..it more on the apps side....even the virtual keyboards suck...why cant they just have a regular layout instead of alphabetical order keyboards.....

i'll keep you posted brotha...
post #7 of 20 Old 04-05-2013, 04:55 AM

Liked: 11
Same problem here, my logitech K400 wifi keyboard stops functioning soon as the Netflix app loads. It works fine in the smart hub of my Samsung 46" Smart TV itself and with the built in browser. It takes 3 minutes or more just for me to fumble around that virtual keyboard using the tv remote just to log in to netflix. I tried another app, I forget which one, same thing, keyboard stops functioning.

It's upsetting I spent 800+ on the TV, and then more for all the accessories like the keyboard, the mounting system, external hard drives,.........and a simple thing like navigating netflix wont work with a keyboard/touchpad, it makes the whole endeavor and money spent a total waste. I feel I should have gotten an LG or some other kind of TV. In the end it's Samsung's fault, they have to approve the apps. Something like this is a basic function defect that should have never been allowed to pass.
moviejan likes this.
post #8 of 20 Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 AM

I connected a cheapie ($12) wireless keyboard/mouse combo from Dell factory outlet, and was able to get it to work by first pressing on the TV remote.
post #9 of 20 Old 05-06-2013, 06:06 AM

Sorry, that should have said "Pressing ENTER on the TV remote.
post #10 of 20 Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM

Liked: 12
wireless with a dongle or a bluetooth keyboard?

I currently have a wired dell keyboard and mouse plugged in, Ill have to double check if they work in netflix. I know the mouse works even on the smart hub screen

sig
post #11 of 20 Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 AM

Did they fix this problem yet? What about the 2013 model TV?
post #12 of 20 Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I wish I would have found this article sooner. frown.gif

I just returned the KBD2000, does not work properly with any of the apps on my 64E7000 plasma.

The frustrating thing is my TV just added more apps to the banner, you know the permanent apps from Samsung that you can't remove? I never requested these apps. Yet there is no update for this keyboard issue?

AJF

No such thing as a stupid question! Well have you got a minute ?
post #13 of 20 Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 AM

Liked: 11
We have two Samsung TV's and have written to Samsung about various app issues (mostly no access to Amazon Prime). Bottom line is that Samsung does not give a crap about customers. They sell abandonware, basically. We just have to live with it or without it.
moviejan likes this.
post #14 of 20 Old 09-25-2013, 01:46 AM

Hi all, I have the same issue and will return the damn thing to the supplier. I bought a KBD1500 to use it in Youtube but it's a useless piece of junk. I wish I had read this thread earlier :(

I totally agree that these suppliers (google and samsung) have no respect for us customers who pay their bills. Really shameless!

We should start to use other apps than youtube for video and other LED tv's than Samsung!

post #15 of 20 Old 10-26-2013, 10:22 AM

When you say the wireless keyboard "works" after you press Enter on the TV remote, do you mean that it works with just the SMART Hub navigation or with specific apps like Netflix? Netflix is the primary app I (and many others) am interested in accessing. The Logitech USB keyboard works for me navigating the SMART Hub but not for Netflix. It's not clear to me if this problem is due to the Netflix app specifically or to something about SMART Hub. I suppose it could be some combination of both. Until it's fixed the impossible to use Samsung TV remote is nothing more than an exercise in frustration and makes the SMART part of the TV virtually useless. Samsung and Netflix should be hanging their heads in shame about this long ago identified problem and working together to get it fixed.
post #16 of 20 Old 12-14-2013, 02:01 PM

~~I have the un46f7500 - still learning, all I can say is WOW! What a great tv. Mine did come with the updated Netflix app, and it looks great, works great, I am watching way to much TV. Everyday I learn something new about this TV. My only negative is the "smart touch remote" I am having problems learning it and don't like to have so many steps to get to control something. I keep my old remote that came with my timewarner Samsung dvr and use that for fast forwarding, rewinding, or when I get stuck with the smart touch. I would like to get a universal remote to control all devices (all Samsung) tv, soundbar, dvr, and dvd player. Any suggestions? Also can you download apps from any other site, other than the Samsung App Store?

post #17 of 20 Old 12-14-2013, 07:20 PM

I've a Samsung ue40es6710 and purchased a Logitech k400 for 39 (batteries and dongle included). 
The keyboard works perfectly on the smart hub. Some of the keys will also have remote-control effects on the TV screen (for example F1 loads the parameters, typing 75 brings me to channel 75 and esc loads the smart hub) but I have not found yet how to tune the sound or browse the channels up and down (so I use my normal remote).ttHh8k

post #18 of 20 Old 12-20-2013, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Anyone gotten the Samsung keyboard (or any keyboard) to work with the Netflix or Amazon app yet?
post #19 of 20 Old 01-28-2014, 10:43 PM

I bought yesterday a VG-KBD2000 for my UE46ES8000.

I have first consulted with my local Samsung customer support and the said that there is no problem using the keyboard with the youtube app.

At first I was very disappointed to see that the keyboard is not functioning inside youtube app at all and I was prepared to strongly complain to the customer support and return the keyboard.

But then, after some playing around in the smarthub, I noticed smarthub's search functionality at the top, which I had never used till now.

If someone searches for a youtube video, say "youtube <some video>", a list of youtube results are returned. Clicking any of them the youtube app is starting playing the video. Since google is not doing their part with youtube app, Samsung did their own providing a decent workaround.

Please check whether this is working decently for other apps.

post #20 of 20 Old 05-27-2014, 03:52 PM

I brought an LG and a Samsung home to see which one we would like best. The Samsung has a better picture but we're taking it back due to the keyboard issue.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Vg Kbd1500 Wireless Keyboard
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page