I need help buying a new LED LCD HDTV. I'm tired of reading product reviews and specs. I can't find exactly what I want, so please help a noob out!
I currently have a 42" LG LED LCD that I bought 2 - 3 years ago. I hate it. The picture isn't that great, it takes forever to turn on, the sound is awful, and the design is ugly. I don't know if LG is completely out of the question, but I'm certainly not a fan. You'll have a tough time convincing me to buy another.
* Note that at this time I am NOT using a high definition cable box. I'm using basic, coaxial cable and view channels like 8-1, 10-1 and so on. I will likely upgrade my cable in the future. I DO purchase high definition movies through Amazon video weekly.
Here are my parameters:
1. 50" diagonal, no more than 45" in width. I can't fit anything wider in my space. I do not want anything smaller. For example, moving from 42" to 47" doesn't seem worth it. Maybe not?
2. The TV will be mounted on the wall (suggestions for mounts are welcomed).
3. Great picture (duh). I watch sports and some occasional action movies, but I do not play video games.
4. NO 3D! I think it's a gimmicky feature and I don't want to be forced to pay extra. If you can assure me that I'm not, then okay.
5. A smart TV is preferable. Arguably, this could be considered gimmicky. I have Roku boxes and other devices. I have another smart TV and I love it.
6. Let's try to keep this around $1,750 or less.
7. No plasma; the room is very light - tons of windows.
8. I'd prefer not to have to configure the heck out of it to get a good picture. Out of the box would be nice, but not strictly required.
9. A current, 2013 model isn't necessary. A 2012 or a really good 2011 is okay by me.
10. Three or more HDMI inputs.
Thanks for all of your help!