Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 145 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4321 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
@dtgroarke differently sized sets have different scales, and Amazon, in their infinite wisdom, lump all the reviews for all of the sizes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm . . . Any conversion?
post #4323 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgroarke View Post

I--and others posting at Amazon--are baffled as to how the many postings and re-postings of the recommended color calibrations run to 525, 472, etc. On the my and others' models the scale runs 1-250. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Yes the m60,70,80" have a different RGB scale to the m50,55,65". I wondered that too in the beginning(still don't know why), but here's the page with recommended settings for the various screen sizes.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread/2400#post_23509574
post #4324 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 06:36 AM

Only negative thing about amazon is how they clump the ratings. Sometimes I read a review about a whole different item by same mfg. Otherwise, it's very good overall.
post #4325 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 AM

Liked: 11
Has anyone compared the PQ of the 55 " m-series to the samsung 6350 at sams ? I wanna make sure I'm not missing out on something before I decide to keep the 55 M....My budget is right around 1k...thx for your time.
post #4326 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenglish View Post

oh my, I sure hope it's simply a matter of enabling skynet on the damn thing... it's lack of responsiveness is annoying.

Several times over the weekend, my wife would tell me the TV wasn't working because she couldn't get the remote to register on the TV. I've found that you need to hit any button to bring it out of sleep mode (read: turn on the fancy backlighting), then hit the desired keys. Also, you really have to be pointing it at a specific spot, but I've yet to locate it...

I really want to reiterate, though, that remote issues aside, I'm loving this TV and have no problems recommending it to anyone.

EDIT: I did see in the manual where I should point the remote (bottom-left corner), but in my testing, the results were VERY inconsistent

I found a great solution to this...

It seems they placed the remote sensor under the screen as to allow for the slim frame...
I took a small 1"x3" piece of aluminum foil and taped it to the back of the TV with a section hanging under the sensor bent at a 45* angle so that a 1" square section of the foil acts as a mirror to reflect the signal up into the sensor. It like a whole new TV. It actually becomes a bit of a challenge to try to get the TV to not receive the signal.

Hope that helps smile.gif
post #4327 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 10:42 AM

Anyone match this with a vizio sound bar and noticing lip sync issues? Messing with the lip sync setting didn't work (even at 0 its a little off), it seems to come and go, and mostly be noticeable the first 20 minutes or so the TV is on. I also notice it more in my cable box than in my apple tv, but definitely still there. I'm running the optical cable that came with the sound bar from the tv to the soundbar, set the tv speakers to off, as well as toggled all the advanced audio features on and off.

The only thing that helps is switching from bitstream to PCM, and even then it's not perfect.

I'm ordering a bluerigger optical cable and will see if that helps....but does anyone have a similar problem and can suggest a solution??

Also, thinking about getting a Harmony 650 for this and the rest of my modest bedroom setup (cable box, soundbar, apple tv) - does anyone have any words of caution against this harmony? I've set up harmony ultimates and harmony 900's before and know that it can be a pain but the end results are pretty awesome, just wondering if the 650 sucks? Or any better recommendations for the sub $100 universal remote?

Thanks everyone, this forum has been a huge help with this tv.
post #4328 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Do you have the same sync issues over the TV speakers as well?
post #4329 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorVideo View Post

Do you have the same sync issues over the TV speakers as well?

@DoctorVideo - I do have the same sync issues with the tv speakers as well, so i suppose replacing the optical cable wouldnt fix the problem.

I do notice a big difference with PCM switched on, pretty close to acceptable, but it's inconsistent, and most notable on talking heads shows (ie sportscenter, cnn, etc)
post #4330 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 01:39 PM

I have had simillar issues with my 60" since I bought it. I discovered that when I turn off Dolby Digital in my DirecTV menu, which sends out PCM audio on all outputs, the problem disappears.I haven't figured out whether the problem is with the TV or my DirecTV receiver.
post #4331 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorVideo View Post

I have had simillar issues with my 60" since I bought it. I discovered that when I turn off Dolby Digital in my DirecTV menu, which sends out PCM audio on all outputs, the problem disappears.I haven't figured out whether the problem is with the TV or my DirecTV receiver.

@DoctorVideo - very interesting! I have Optimum (a division of Cablevision), and will try switching off Dolby Digital on the cable box when I get home, thanks so much for the tip!

ps - am I losing anything by choosing PCM over Bitstream? I know Bitstream is uncompressed, and I do hear an audible difference between the two (nothing too severe), but am I missing out on quality??

Thanks again!
post #4332 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 03:52 PM

It's actually just the opposite.PCM is uncompressed. DD is compressed and is transported over bitstream. The difference would be 5.1 surround.
post #4333 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 PM

I'm starting to seriously doubt that an update for the remote control is coming anymore. Any mention of the wifi remote capabilities seems to have been removed from the official product pages on vizio.com and on retailer websites.
post #4334 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 04:51 PM

Do you guys think I'm being too picky ? I'm noticing slight ghosting when watching dark scenes in movies and or playing video games. For instance in Halo 4 on certain maps if they are dark I see slight ghosting or in Dead Space I see slight ghosting. I also noticed some slight ghosting in the really dark scenes in Dark Knight Rises. I hooked up my old Vizio 47" and the picture obviously isn't anywhere near as good but running Halo 4 on both tv's at once I get no ghosting on my old Vizio 47 but I do on the M60. Think I should take it back or just suck it up and deal with it ?
post #4335 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kflats View Post

I'm starting to seriously doubt that an update for the remote control is coming anymore. Any mention of the wifi remote capabilities seems to have been removed from the official product pages on vizio.com and on retailer websites.

I thought other people said that update came out in June?
post #4336 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kflats View Post

I love Vizio TVs but they are known for this. They promised Media Streaming on the 551 & 553 3 years ago and we are still waiting. If the set doesn't have it when you get it don't rely on them to come through. It's iffy at best.

Has anyone heard if the Plex App is being worked on? I wonder if it would work ok on the Vizio?
post #4337 of 9867 Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM

I use my cable remote unless I'm changing settings on the tv...no real problems with the tv remote , but it is very picky about pointing it at the lower left hand corner to get it to work.
post #4338 of 9867 Old 09-07-2013, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Vizio tech says summer, guess we will know within a couple weeks
post #4339 of 9867 Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 AM

Just noticed on daytime live shots of football and nascar , it has developed a dark streak on the right hand side.. 2 inches over from the edge and about 12 inches tall. guess I'll be taking it back....
post #4340 of 9867 Old 09-07-2013, 10:51 AM

Questions for the group:

Model: M601d-A3
Firmware: 1.08.12.000

I've had the tv for about 2 months and it's been great. I'm closing in on my return date and have one lingering issue. On solid background scenes, particularly light ones, a slight line appears about 10 inches in on each side (almost the same spot as 4:3 lines). Originally, I thought it might be a banding issues or light/shadows from a window that is near the tv, but now it appears it might be the backlighting. If you look from the side during these shots, the center part of the panel appears slightly darker than the outside. It's not as noticeable if you are looking straight on. If it's normal, then I'm going to live with it cause the tv is great otherwise. I have seen the effect across the inputs and on internet apps.

Any thoughts on the above is appreciated.
post #4341 of 9867 Old 09-07-2013, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

Vizio tech says summer, guess we will know within a couple weeks

I'm not holding my breath.
post #4342 of 9867 Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 PM

Can someone help with the amazon app. After registering my TV the next time i went and accessed the app, I can no longer select any of the menu options. I have a prime membership and wanted to watch a few of the videos. The select (middle) button work on everything else except in the amazon app.

Any ideas?
post #4343 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 09:32 AM

Anyone test their TV with Zero Dark Thirty ? For an LED I think it handled it rather well during the raid scene. There was some motion blur on the blacks but I can get used to that.
post #4344 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
HELLO !!

I am very excited to try this TV. But I am worried about a few thing, mainly one of the most important things I've learned over the years is too look for Lines of Moving Resolution anything less than 1080 lines of moving resolution will give you trailing blur stutter effect. Especially in Gaming and fast moving action movies. Now this is Not related to 120hz De-Blur or De-Judder setting. Lines of moving resolution has to do with Panel quality and Image Processor Quality. I am Sceptical but I'll give Vizio a try. But its lacking

#1. 2D to 3D conversion not a deal breaker, but their images processing CPU is not up to snuff to offer this.
#2. CMS system Oh well I guess wait til next years model. I've read maybe half of this thread and everyone says theres a RED Push and pinky skin tones (Hate that)
#3. Gaming Lag 38 to 40 ms on the upper range of Acceptible.
#4. Moire effect people have stated this is a problem
#5. VIZIO engineering, One part breaks investment out the door not cost effective to repair.
#6. Quality control, dead pixels some posters here at AVS have stated there is QC issues and I hate dead pixels can't stand even One and I will check up close.

I guess for $659.23 its worth a try. M501d Why so cheap friend works at Best Buy, employees pay 5% above cost. Back Up Plan is LG's 47LA6200 But the CNET review Trashed it.
post #4345 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by john44a View Post

Has anyone compared the PQ of the 55 " m-series to the samsung 6350 at sams ? I wanna make sure I'm not missing out on something before I decide to keep the 55 M....My budget is right around 1k...thx for your time.

Stick with the M. I saw your latest post about the banding -- I'd replace with another M IMHO. I had the 55" 6350 for two weeks and could not believe how weak the blacks and shadow detail were when I brought it home. I returned it and went with the 60" M, and am happy I did. In the store both sets looked comparable, but you simply can't really compare shadow detail performance in-store due to the amount of ambient light. There "appear" to be more issues with the 55" M than the other sizes, but I'd still give that another shot over wasting my time with that particular Sammy.

Sorry about your banding issue, and good luck with the return!
post #4346 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

HELLO !!

I am very excited to try this TV. But I am worried about a few thing, mainly one of the most important things I've learned over the years is too look for Lines of Moving Resolution anything less than 1080 lines of moving resolution will give you trailing blur stutter effect. Especially in Gaming and fast moving action movies. Now this is Not related to 120hz De-Blur or De-Judder setting. Lines of moving resolution has to do with Panel quality and Image Processor Quality. I am Sceptical but I'll give Vizio a try. But its lacking

#1. 2D to 3D conversion not a deal breaker, but their images processing CPU is not up to snuff to offer this.
#2. CMS system Oh well I guess wait til next years model. I've read maybe half of this thread and everyone says theres a RED Push and pinky skin tones (Hate that)
#3. Gaming Lag 38 to 40 ms on the upper range of Acceptible.
#4. Moire effect people have stated this is a problem
#5. VIZIO engineering, One part breaks investment out the door not cost effective to repair.
#6. Quality control, dead pixels some posters here at AVS have stated there is QC issues and I hate dead pixels can't stand even One and I will check up close.

I guess for $659.23 its worth a try. M501d Why so cheap friend works at Best Buy, employees pay 5% above cost. Back Up Plan is LG's 47LA6200 But the CNET review Trashed it.

Originally I posted I didn't see any motion blur but I was mistaken. After intensive testing I notice motion blur in Halo 4, Dead Space and Killzone 3. I'm really on the fence about returning this TV since I only have till Wed to do so. Not sure I can live with motion blur, might just return it and stick to my older 47" Vizio LCD that doesn't ghost.
post #4347 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 03:00 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by disolomon View Post

Questions for the group:

Model: M601d-A3
Firmware: 1.08.12.000

I've had the tv for about 2 months and it's been great. I'm closing in on my return date and have one lingering issue. On solid background scenes, particularly light ones, a slight line appears about 10 inches in on each side (almost the same spot as 4:3 lines). Originally, I thought it might be a banding issues or light/shadows from a window that is near the tv, but now it appears it might be the backlighting. If you look from the side during these shots, the center part of the panel appears slightly darker than the outside. It's not as noticeable if you are looking straight on. If it's normal, then I'm going to live with it cause the tv is great otherwise. I have seen the effect across the inputs and on internet apps.

Any thoughts on the above is appreciated.

I have the 60" with the same firmware. I switched over to some hockey, and can say that I don't see anything like what you're describing. I played with varying backlight levels to make sure, since I tend to run dim because of the Auto Backlight setting. I do have some very soft, faint inconsistencies in panel brightness, but nothing defined and nothing I'd notice unless really looking for it.
post #4348 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBullet View Post

Originally I posted I didn't see any motion blur but I was mistaken. After intensive testing I notice motion blur in Halo 4, Dead Space and Killzone 3. I'm really on the fence about returning this TV since I only have till Wed to do so. Not sure I can live with motion blur, might just return it and stick to my older 47" Vizio LCD that doesn't ghost.

Can you please speak maybe in more detail of what you see in Halo 4, or What you see in Dead Space in regards to Motion Blur. The Vizio M501d has 300 lines of moving resolution which is far short of better quality Samsung's or LG's with 800 lines or Plasmas with full 1080 lines which is why Plasmas do so welll with motion. I game on a 3 year+ old Panasonic 32 L32S1 because its an IPS Panel with 16ms Input lag and 800 lines of moving resolution. Kinda sad that I am technically Downgrading my gaming Experience. Going up to 50 inches and loosing 500 lines of moving resolution and doubling my input lag. I guess when straffing Halo 4 must get blurry.
post #4349 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

Can you please speak maybe in more detail of what you see in Halo 4, or What you see in Dead Space in regards to Motion Blur. The Vizio M501d has 300 lines of moving resolution which is far short of better quality Samsung's or LG's with 800 lines or Plasmas with full 1080 lines which is why Plasmas do so welll with motion. I game on a 3 year+ old Panasonic 32 L32S1 because its an IPS Panel with 16ms Input lag and 800 lines of moving resolution. Kinda sad that I am technically Downgrading my gaming Experience. Going up to 50 inches and loosing 500 lines of moving resolution and doubling my input lag. I guess when straffing Halo 4 must get blurry.

Halo 4: Ghost sitting in the shadows near a building if I look left or right it kinda smears. A grey wall with a red stripe on it, if I move left or right it smears the red stripe about to the left or right depending on which way I move. The TV can't handle dark areas it appears.

Dead Space 2: Dark room with a necromorph coming at me, it kind of waddles when it walks and has it's arms in the air. It looks like it has multiple arms because it smears/blurs them when it lumbers towards me.

Movies: Zero Dark Thirty, the raid scene. Ghosting/blurring all over the place.
Dark Knight Rises: Subtle blurring during dark fight scenes.

Yes, I have tested with smooth motion on and off, same results. Been messing with settings on this TV for over a week now.
post #4350 of 9867 Old 09-08-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10GT View Post

I have the 60" with the same firmware. I switched over to some hockey, and can say that I don't see anything like what you're describing. I played with varying backlight levels to make sure, since I tend to run dim because of the Auto Backlight setting. I do have some very soft, faint inconsistencies in panel brightness, but nothing defined and nothing I'd notice unless really looking for it.

Thanks for taking a look. I might just have a bad panel. I will say you have to look for it and it's most visible if looking at the screen from a side angle. While watching football today, I would occasionally see a slight shadow line, and if looking at the screen from a 45 angle, I could see the brightness differences on some scenes. Might just try another one before the rebate expires.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page