post #4411 of 9655 Old 09-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

Also any word on the Second Production Run or Second Gen of the M501d-A2R, production channels are Dry, my buddy works for Costco logistics and ordering and the M501d-A2R will soon be on Backorder. Amazon.com says 1 or 2 months for unit. And my order thanks to my good friend who is a best buy manager says that the channel is dry for the M501d-A2R.units are being moved out of stores with supply to other stores So they are selling out fast. He says that my unit is part of what the VIZIO rep told him was the Second production run of the M Series because first generation models or the first production run has panels with DSE, and slower refresh rates. At least I am glad to be getting a second production run panel or version of the M501d-A2R, now that they ironed out all the glitches.

So does this mean that early adopters of the M series get a worse TV than people who wait? Would Vizio make changes other than software like different panels, etc and call it the same TV?

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4412 of 9655 Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post

So does this mean that early adopters of the M series get a worse TV than people who wait? Would Vizio make changes other than software like different panels, etc and call it the same TV?

I think the answer is yes. Vizio has subs that builds there set's, and things like the panels are manufactured by a limited number companies. I thick the subs may at times have to use panels from a deferent manufacture than they may have started with. I don't think it just Vizio but all of the TV manufactures run into this. Talk about early adopters I know a guy that paid 10 grand for one of the first plasmas and that this is component only. I paid 25 hundred for the first Vizio 3D and it retail price was about 35 hundred on the Vizio web site, only to walk into sam's club 6 months or so later and seeing one just like it, with out the blue tooth remote for under 2 grand , and that was the 2012 M3D650 something, the specks were not as fast but the thing looked real good.
post #4413 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
amazon just got a fresh supply of 55" m series in. I wonder if these may be the 2nd production runs.
post #4414 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lip Sync Issue - New M701d-A3, connected to an old PS3 via an Onkyo NR3009

Playing BRDs through the PS3, there is a somewhat large lip sync issue. I've adjusted the slider in the audio settings, to no avail. Playing Netflix through the PS3, the lip sync is perfect, no problems. This is also true with the Xbox 360. This problem didn't exist with the Sony SXRD that this set is replacing.

I did notice a lip sync problem with D*, which passes through the Onkyo as well, if the TV's speakers were turned to Off. If they are set to On, and the volume on the TV set to 0, there is no problem.

Any ideas on why this issue is happening with the new TV, or why it only shows up with blue-ray disks?

Thanks all

Vizio M701d-A3, Onkyo NR3009
post #4415 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

Also any word on the Second Production Run or Second Gen of the M501d-A2R, production channels are Dry, my buddy works for Costco logistics and ordering and the M501d-A2R will soon be on Backorder. Amazon.com says 1 or 2 months for unit. And my order thanks to my good friend who is a best buy manager says that the channel is dry for the M501d-A2R.units are being moved out of stores with supply to other stores So they are selling out fast. He says that my unit is part of what the VIZIO rep told him was the Second production run of the M Series because first generation models or the first production run has panels with DSE, and slower refresh rates. At least I am glad to be getting a second production run panel or version of the M501d-A2R, now that they ironed out all the glitches.
Quote:

I'm not so sure I agree with this "second production run" logic for several reasons:

- reviews (important ones at least) are usually done right when a product is released or right before. Nothing kills sales faster than bad reviews, so no manufacturer would want a less than optimal product reviewed (unless specifically stated "to be updated later"). And they can't depend on just sending a "good one" in for review because they have don't always directly supply the product to the reviewer.

- when a product is released the focus is on making an impression on reviewers and consumers. After the product is established, the focus is generally on cranking out as many as possible before the next product refresh, which may lead to using cheaper parts to increase the profit margin

- later in a product cycle the manufacturer is usually beginning to focus on the next years products.

- last year Vizio actually downgraded their best reviewed set (M3D550KD vs M3D550KDE) ahead of this year's refresh. Right before the holidays... a lame bit of "bait-and-switch" imho. Of course all the reviews were for the better version, and if you didn't notice the "E" at the end of the model number you were screwed. Hopefully Vizio won't pull this stunt this year.

- most of the "glitches" were and can be fixed by software updates

- any real improvements would probably be saved for next year's models anyway.

But hey, whatever works for you. I have my own superstitions when I make large purchases (at Costco I picked the box that didn't have the display resting on it, but not the outer most one on the palette... facing west, no even numbers in the serial number... (ok, j/k about that last bit...)
falconman515 likes this.
post #4416 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 12:27 PM

Liked: 11
Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking........remember the rep this there " to sell " nothing more nothing less......but I would love to see vizio's return rate on paper with these m-series..you also have to remember when the average joe goes to a big box store , they are price shopping. imho one reason the e-series sells so good ,most of them are not going to notice these defects like a avs member is looking for lol.
post #4417 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I did not notice any issues like ghosting while playing Mario or Raymen Legends. All I've played so far - I also have Need for Speed, Pikmin, Scribblenauts, Nintendoland, and Skyward Sword so let me know if you want more info.

Main concern I have is that using the calibrated settings in game mode appears somewhat washed out. I think this is likely due too the Wii U's limited RGB output so if anyone has suggestions on how to calibrate it let me know.
post #4418 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

I did not notice any issues like ghosting while playing Mario or Raymen Legends. All I've played so far - I also have Need for Speed, Pikmin, Scribblenauts, Nintendoland, and Skyward Sword so let me know if you want more info.

Main concern I have is that using the calibrated settings in game mode appears somewhat washed out. I think this is likely due too the Wii U's limited RGB output so if anyone has suggestions on how to calibrate it let me know.

Thanks for that, sounds like Calibrated mode gives you washed out colors I like video games pretty vivid. Good to hear about no blur or color ghosting seen while Gaming.
post #4419 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I think the dimness I experienced while playing games was simply the backlight being to low. I upped it to 75-80 and things appeared much more vivid. I think this may present other issues, but for gaming I like how it looks smile.gif
post #4420 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucaner View Post

Lip Sync Issue - New M701d-A3, connected to an old PS3 via an Onkyo NR3009

Playing BRDs through the PS3, there is a somewhat large lip sync issue. I've adjusted the slider in the audio settings, to no avail. Playing Netflix through the PS3, the lip sync is perfect, no problems. This is also true with the Xbox 360. This problem didn't exist with the Sony SXRD that this set is replacing.

I did notice a lip sync problem with D*, which passes through the Onkyo as well, if the TV's speakers were turned to Off. If they are set to On, and the volume on the TV set to 0, there is no problem.

Any ideas on why this issue is happening with the new TV, or why it only shows up with blue-ray disks?

Thanks all

I see that a lot on my TiVo on regular cable viewing ... thought it was the TiVo but after seeing it a bit every no and again on the WD TV Live player I think i'ts how the TV is receiving the audio signal and not syncing or catching up right.

I have had 2 70" M-Series TV's and they both seem to do this (saw it again last night on the new one)

Nothing Major by any means but still there ... noticed one thing I had recorded didn't match up well at all ... I slid the Lip Sync dial up to 1 or 2 in the audio menu then it looked good ... but then when something is synced perfect then it;s a bit off again and I need to take it back to 0.

I don;t see it very often but I do see it.
post #4421 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I got my 70" THE DAY it was released (was at costco and the first to buy one) ... and it had bad light bleed ... seemed to go away a bit but still there.

I decided Instead of keeping it that I would give it one more try before my return policy was up and see if some of the newer batch being made we're better then the first run they made (you can figure this out by the serial number ... I had a week 21 tv first now I got a 26 ... not much but a little over a month after my first one was made) ..... Verdict .... SAME and actually WORSE! LOL

I was not a happy camper with the LB at all on the firs tone and I think this second one was worse then the first ... so bad I thought it was going back the next day.

I have always heard about the rubbing of the screen ... never thought it would do anything so I gave it a try.

Did some light rubbing on the HORRIBLE LB coming from the bottom left and right and a bit in the center and even some in the middle right and not much improvement.

Getting pissed at this point any saying this F'ing TV is going back tomorrow I figured I would give it a nice Rough rub and not soft .... noticed a difference after some good pressure of rubbing.

I used a clean VERY soft cotton shirt to rub the screen BTW.

So I went at it again ... real hard and fast and moving all over.

The bottom corner left was BAD to start so I spent some good rubbing time in that area ... felt like I was waxing my screen with compound wax or something.

And OH YA It made A BIGGGG Difference.

So I kept rubbing and sitting down to see the change and where to rub next ... after about 10 minutes and 50 up and and down of rubbing etc. etc. I got it to look about 75% better then it did before!

Then after tweaking the setting a bit and making some changes I got it to look fairly good.

I was amazed at sitting there on a black screen how Pissed I was ... and then 10 minutes later after tons of up and down sitting there thinking "Hmmmm ... Not Bad At All' tongue.gif

So I will give it a few more days but really after the rubbing trick most of my LB on standard viewing was diminished down to very bearable.

Now when you start up the TV on the Vizio logo screen it still looks like $#!t ... but even that screen looked way better then it did from when I first turned the TV on in a dark room for the first time.

So to make a long story short (to late) ... if you got a bad LB ... rub the crap out of that bad boy and see how it does.

Hopefully I can get this new set to where I can finally enjoy it.
post #4422 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

I mentioned this back when I bought my TV and tried out numerous media servers. The TV will NOT play MKV files at all, whether you put them on a thumb drive and plug it into the television, or you stream one over something like XBMC, Plex, PS3 Media Server, etc...

Get a WD TV Live player and your done ... All I Play is .MKV

TV's don't play MKV hardly ever and as they don;t have that kind of Very non standard codec built in plus its a very demanding playback file.

conversion software is always junk to.

Get a media streamer and your done ... I have had a WD TV player since the day they came out and have NEVER looked back and would never be without one.
post #4423 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99 View Post

I sometimes use it. I also use standard mode. I don't see much difference between them since I don't use the defaults they are originally set at. I usually pick one set of adjustments I like and then use that mode...It can be exhausting trying to tune every picture for Sports vs movies vs live TV vs filmed sitcoms etc. To many adjustments can detract from the actual use of the TV IMHO. I like to find what settings I like and stick with it, but that's just me.

Ursa

Any update on your final settings Ursa?

I think I found what I like but I have been kinda piggy backing off your settings for a while now with some different tweaks and wanted to know if you have made any new changes.

Thanks bro. smile.gif
post #4424 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drseid View Post

Settings are for each individual input (all inputs can be set independently).

One thing I did notice is that "Auto Brightness" follows the change across all inputs.

If you have it off on all inputs then turn it on on say just one input ... then all other inputs now have it on as well.

Just an FYI.
post #4425 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

Any update on your final settings Ursa?

I think I found what I like but I have been kinda piggy backing off your settings for a while now with some different tweaks and wanted to know if you have made any new changes.

Thanks bro. smile.gif
I haven't made any changes. The white balance RGB settings are final. Look at the graph and you will see it's about as good as it can get. The RGB all track almost perfectly across the various levels of gray. No need to refine what is as good as it gets. The colors on my M601D look perfect to my eyes. I may do another COLOR calibration in a few mos to see if things have changed but for now I'm satisfied. As I've said many times, use whatever contrast, brightness and back light settings you prefer. If you don't want Soap Opera effect and 240 HZ use game mode. I would recommend finding some settings you like and leave them there and then sit it back and enjoy your new Vizio.

Good Luck,
Ursa
post #4426 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

I got my 70" THE DAY it was released (was at costco and the first to buy one) ... and it had bad light bleed ... seemed to go away a bit but still there.

I decided Instead of keeping it that I would give it one more try before my return policy was up and see if some of the newer batch being made we're better then the first run they made (you can figure this out by the serial number ... I had a week 21 tv first now I got a 26 ... not much but a little over a month after my first one was made) ..... Verdict .... SAME and actually WORSE! LOL

I was not a happy camper with the LB at all on the firs tone and I think this second one was worse then the first ... so bad I thought it was going back the next day.

I have always heard about the rubbing of the screen ... never thought it would do anything so I gave it a try.

Did some light rubbing on the HORRIBLE LB coming from the bottom left and right and a bit in the center and even some in the middle right and not much improvement.

Getting pissed at this point any saying this F'ing TV is going back tomorrow I figured I would give it a nice Rough rub and not soft .... noticed a difference after some good pressure of rubbing.

The bottom corner left was BAD to start so I spent some good rubbing time in that area ... felt like I was waxing my screen with compound wax or something.

So I kept rubbing and sitting down to see the change and where to rub next ... after about 10 minutes and 50 up and and down of rubbing etc. etc. I got it to look about 75% better then it did before!

Then after tweaking the setting a bit and making some changes I got it to look fairly good.

I was amazed at sitting there on a black screen how Pissed I was ... and then 10 minutes later after tons of up and down sitting there thinking "Hmmmm ... Not Bad At All' tongue.gif

So I will give it a few more days but really after the rubbing trick most of my LB on standard viewing was diminished down to very bearable.

Now when you start up the TV on the Vizio logo screen it still looks like $#!t ... but even that screen looked way better then it did from when I first turned the TV on in a dark room for the first time.

So to make a long story short (to late) ... if you got a bad LB ... rub the crap out of that bad boy and see how it does.

You did this with the tv off right?
post #4427 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Just got the M321i-A2 and I'm going to use it as a computer monitor...anyone else doing the same and have some decent settings?
post #4428 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog510 View Post

You did this with the tv off right?

Nope ... On

If it's off you can't see the changes being made in the light bleed at all.

I would assume doing it with it off would be fine as well .... just be a pain to turn it on and off, on and off again to check your results.

Doing it with it on or off is no different at all ... when the TV is on all that's happening is the lights in the corner and projecting the picture on the screen ... with it off the screen is the same thing regardless three is just no light being projected is all.

I put it on an HDMI input that had no signal so it was just a black screen and just started rubbing away.

Don;t put massive force on the screen but give it a nice firm rub to see any changes from rubbing cause a little lite rub did nothing.
post #4429 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:

Nope ... On

If it's off you can't see the changes being made in the light bleed at all.

I would assume doing it with it off would be fine as well .... just be a pain to turn it on and off, on and off again to check your results.

Doing it with it on or off is no different at all ... when the TV is on all that's happening is the lights in the corner and projecting the picture on the screen ... with it off the screen is the same thing regardless three is just no light being projected is all.

I put it on an HDMI input that had no signal so it was just a black screen and just started rubbing away.

Don;t put massive force on the screen but give it a nice firm rub to see any changes from rubbing cause a little lite rub did nothing.

Did you have any banding , if so how did it effect it ?
post #4430 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john44a View Post

Did you have any banding , if so how did it effect it ?

No banding at all in either TV ... slight dirty screen effect but not bad all.

the rubbing won't do anything for the Banding issue if you have it. ... that's the panel itself and something that can't be fixed.

But the rubbing will help with the light bleed, I know that now for sure.

If you have banding in your M-Series I would suggest you take it back ... both of mine we're 100% band free ... and trust me I have had 2 older TV's with banding and one was down right Horrible so I know how crazy annoying banding can be ... that is the #2 thing on my list of something I hate in a TV ... #1 being ghosting/halo effect.
post #4431 of 9655 Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone have any Solid settings for when in 3D mode?

That is one area that I have not found a perfect setting for yet and not sure what looks or operates the best in 3D mode.

Anyone spent time perfecting all the color and settings while the TV is in that mode?

Thanks so much for sharing your 3D settings if you have found what works the best. smile.gif
lotohnz likes this.
post #4432 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 05:28 AM

Hey everyone,

So I picked up the M501d-A2R a couple of weeks ago and plugged in the settings on this form from Dr.Shankenstein and CNET and a couple of others to see how they looked. Right now I'm sticking with Dr.Shankenstein and for Blue ray the picture looks awesome. The detail is far better than what I would've expected but for some reason the TV viewing doesn't seem to hold up to par with it so I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with this. The best way I can describe it is that faces seem to look "grainy" I would say, like not to clear. I have Directv with the HD box so the channels are all HD but it doesn't seem as clear as it does while watching Blue ray. The other thing I notced is while I was watching a ball game the other night, a homerun was hit and while the camera was showing the ball leave the stadium it turned into two balls at one point. Is there some setting that I'm not doing right or not using at all that would make the faces look "grainy" and the ball become two or could it be the TV itself? I have Smart Dimming on and Smooth Motion set to Medium right now. If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it because I got it from BB so my return time is coming up and would love to get this right if possible.
post #4433 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:

Get a WD TV Live player and your done ... All I Play is .MKV

TV's don't play MKV hardly ever and as they don;t have that kind of Very non standard codec built in plus its a very demanding playback file.

conversion software is always junk to.

Get a media streamer and your done ... I have had a WD TV player since the day they came out and have NEVER looked back and would never be without one.

I actually don't own a DVD player anymore, just use a Windows Home Server, store all my TV, Music, and Movies there, and stream MKV's even in 3D to a Popcorn Hour A-400 connected to my Vizio 70. Same principle are the WDTV, just a bit better decoder. I also run PLEX on the server and have a Roku3 attached to 2 other TV's, and even one at my friend's house so he can stream from my server...biggrin.gif

Vizio M701d-A3 70" TV - http://store.vizio.com/m701da3.html
SONOS Playbar / SUB / 2 PLAY:3 surrounds - http://www.sonos.com/system

post #4434 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Anyone have any Solid settings for when in 3D mode?

That is one area that I have not found a perfect setting for yet and not sure what looks or operates the best in 3D mode.

Anyone spent time perfecting all the color and settings while the TV is in that mode?

Thanks so much for sharing your 3D settings if you have found what works the best. smile.gif

I'm using the same settings as I do for bright room settings (I have a 55" using the slightly modified cnet settings I posted a while back; running off to work or I'd repost them...) with the backlight turned up (to compensate for the dimmer picture using the glasses) and the Smooth Motion set to medium. The Smooth Motion setting is higher than I would for use for 2D, but setting it to "low" diminished the 3D depth.
post #4435 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 08:32 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by casual167 View Post

Hey everyone,

So I picked up the M501d-A2R a couple of weeks ago and plugged in the settings on this form from Dr.Shankenstein and CNET and a couple of others to see how they looked. Right now I'm sticking with Dr.Shankenstein and for Blue ray the picture looks awesome. The detail is far better than what I would've expected but for some reason the TV viewing doesn't seem to hold up to par with it so I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with this. The best way I can describe it is that faces seem to look "grainy" I would say, like not to clear. I have Directv with the HD box so the channels are all HD but it doesn't seem as clear as it does while watching Blue ray. The other thing I notced is while I was watching a ball game the other night, a homerun was hit and while the camera was showing the ball leave the stadium it turned into two balls at one point. Is there some setting that I'm not doing right or not using at all that would make the faces look "grainy" and the ball become two or could it be the TV itself? I have Smart Dimming on and Smooth Motion set to Medium right now. If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it because I got it from BB so my return time is coming up and would love to get this right if possible.

Blu-Ray is 1080p while broadcast and cable channels are either 1080i or 720p. Satalite TV is also more compressed than Blu-Ray, therefore you are going to see more grain and artifacts. If it's really obvious, you probably have sharpness set too high. I have mine set to 50. The double baseball issue is probably due to the smooth motion as the TV is interpolating extra frames.
falconman515 likes this.
post #4436 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

With only 5 weeks difference in mfr dates I guess it is too much to expect any improvements although I had hoped you could have reported that you got a perfect panel. I am getting a replacement from the warehouse (online purchase) so I wonder if that will make a difference in the dates. Where do you find the date in the serial number? My current tv has 2300135 after a series of letters, so maybe it is week 23.

I would never have thought that rubbing the screen would fix the LB. Would be nice to know how these panels are assembled to make that trick possible. Someone posted a while back about making his picture worse by cleaning the screen, obviously something happens when you rub the panel.
post #4437 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:

No banding at all in either TV ... slight dirty screen effect but not bad all.

the rubbing won't do anything for the Banding issue if you have it. ... that's the panel itself and something that can't be fixed.

But the rubbing will help with the light bleed, I know that now for sure.

If you have banding in your M-Series I would suggest you take it back ... both of mine we're 100% band free ... and trust me I have had 2 older TV's with banding and one was down right Horrible so I know how crazy annoying banding can be ... that is the #2 thing on my list of something I hate in a TV ... #1 being ghosting/halo effect.

I'm on my 2nd m-series , the banding is worse on this one than the first one..it also has a dark smudge in it dead center. taking it back and gonna try my luck with the LG 6205. thanks for the reply.
post #4438 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 10:34 AM

Oh ok.I have my shaprness set to 20 from Dr.Shankenstein settings. But you think nothing is wrong with the TV itself then , it's just the Satalite TV feed right? I also read on here that some people put the Smooth Motion on for watching sports which is why I have it set to medium. Would it be better without it on or should I try switching to "Game" mode or something?
post #4439 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtl46 View Post

With only 5 weeks difference in mfr dates I guess it is too much to expect any improvements although I had hoped you could have reported that you got a perfect panel. I am getting a replacement from the warehouse (online purchase) so I wonder if that will make a difference in the dates. Where do you find the date in the serial number? My current tv has 2300135 after a series of letters, so maybe it is week 23.

I would never have thought that rubbing the screen would fix the LB. Would be nice to know how these panels are assembled to make that trick possible. Someone posted a while back about making his picture worse by cleaning the screen, obviously something happens when you rub the panel.

Ya it's the first 2 numbers after the letters in the serial number that state the build week ... you have a week 23 panel ... my first one was week 21 ... and the new one I got was week 26

Ya not sure how the rubbing worked but it 100% works FOR SURE ... I was shocked how much better it looked after I got pissed and started giving it a solid semi-hard rub .... I sat their thinking "Wow This Sucks" ... after 10 minutes of crazy rubbing and then isolated rubbing in areas I wanted more fixed I sat back down after I was done and said "Wow, That Actually Looks Pretty Damn Good Now"! smile.gif

I think they will all have LB issue since that's just an inherent issue with these thin frame and bezel edge-lit TV's period ... but some are worse then others ... but for the most part seems most all these M-Series TV's have some sort of LB for sure ... some may be worse then others but I am thinking they don;t come off the line that way .... starting to think it stress on the screen and panel when shipped (most all pressure is on the bottom of the screen during shipping, plus you grab the screen at the bottoms to pull it out of the foam when setting up, you grab the bottom edges when moving it and placing it in it's new home ... A LOT of stress on that part of the screen and as you have seen and read most of the LB issues come form the bottom left and right ... some from the top corners but Never as bad as the bottom corners ... and those with top corner issues may pick it up out of the box from the corners etc etc).

See where I am going with this ... I made sure to not touch the top left and right corners of my TV and I have Very Little LB from the top edges ... it all comes form the bottom ... it's tweaking, pressure, stress, etc. on the panel I betcha that causes the screen to get alll weird and when the light shoots in the tweaked screen you get some bleed cause it's not shooting free and open anymore ... it's now leaving the effect of flashlighting.

Hope all that made sense ... that is just my 2 cents and what I think causes the bad LB .... Why else when I rub the screen and kinda get the panel back in order does the flashlighting effect go away??? Gotta be the actual screen itself causing this issue and rubbing it gets it back in order and reduces the flashlighting effect to just simple Light Bleed of the bright LED's sending light towards the screen.

I know that was a bunch or rambling but I think that is the issue and I wanted to try and explain my thoughts on this and it may help some others as well who want to give the rubbing trick a try as well. smile.gif
post #4440 of 9655 Old 09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john44a View Post

I'm on my 2nd m-series , the banding is worse on this one than the first one..it also has a dark smudge in it dead center. taking it back and gonna try my luck with the LG 6205. thanks for the reply.

Thats weird cause banding has never seemed to be an issue with this TV at all.

Light Bleed and some very slight dirty screen are all I ever rememeber reading most users have encountered.

You sure it's banding you are seeing? Below is a pic of what banding is and looks like.......

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page