post #5761 of 9834 Old 11-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 View Post

Once the PQ settings are dialed in, it looks great..

Well.. Maybe its just me.. well , no its not.. I watch a ton of football and hockey, and the processing and motion blur is terrible... I'm using URSAs game settings, but am going to try a few different settings.. At this point Im really debating keeping the set.. When the camera folllows the puck , its jerky and NOT smooth.. Football especially on kickoffs and long runs/passes, its jerky and not smooth.. If anyone has any settings for me to try, please post them.. Ive tried smooth motion on all levels, 4 different sports channels and even on my PS4 , KZ shadowfall seems like it moves faster than the tv can process at times...

I am by no means bashing, as I really want to like this TV, but its not looking to good.. while blurays look great, and there is no motion blur ( cuz there really cant be on a native 1080p disc running the framerate it does... ) and the pq is excellent..

So for my knowledge, Does anyone have any ideas for me to get rid of the motion blur and judder? TV is connected all thru HDMI, from a Sony dn840 receiver, and Im using directv Genie

Setting the TV on game mode will disable the internal feature that reduce motion blur, try working in another setting mode (calibrated, vivid, etc...) that should help with motion blue also try turning on the smooth motion for sports.

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 SpectraCal-CalMAN 5
Onkyo TX-NR818 w/ Polk Monitor 50 (Fronts), Onkyo SK-520 (Surronds), SKW-770 (Sub)
Win 8.1 PC i7 3930k, 2 Crossfire 280X's, 32GB RAM | Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3Ghz, 16 GB RAM w/ PLEX
Roku 3
Oppo BDP-103D
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 S, PS3 Slim
Harmony 700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5762 of 9834 Old 11-28-2013, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

for the life of me i cant get my tv to update from 1.06.6.1136 theres something wrong with my ethernet port when i plug it in it works fine but when i turn tv off and then back on it wont see the ethernet connection i have to do a speed test or manaul dhcp  for the ehternet to work again iv done service check and Yes and turn tv off at night check in moring and no update even switched to Wifi and the wifi works and even works when i turn tv off and on why cant i update the firmware iv seen people with higher versions

post #5763 of 9834 Old 11-28-2013, 10:16 PM

plus i did a factory reset and still haven update problems and ethernet connection problems when tv turn off and on have to manual setup ethernet in settings for it to work again

post #5764 of 9834 Old 11-28-2013, 11:47 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

Once the PQ settings are dialed in, it looks great..

Well.. Maybe its just me.. well , no its not.. I watch a ton of football and hockey, and the processing and motion blur is terrible... I'm using URSAs game settings, but am going to try a few different settings.. At this point Im really debating keeping the set.. When the camera folllows the puck , its jerky and NOT smooth.. Football especially on kickoffs and long runs/passes, its jerky and not smooth.. If anyone has any settings for me to try, please post them.. Ive tried smooth motion on all levels, 4 different sports channels and even on my PS4 , KZ shadowfall seems like it moves faster than the tv can process at

So for my knowledge, Does anyone have any ideas for me to get rid of the motion blur and judder? TV is connected all thru HDMI, from a Sony dn840 receiver, and Im using directv Genie

Have you tried the settings in GAME MODE?? With smooth motion set to low-med. I haven't paid that much attention to detail while I'm watching the games. Although, I do have the NFL ST and can't see any of that while I'm watching 8 games at once, so by the time it gets to the Sunday Night game, my eyes and brain are pretty shot and can't notice a damn thing. I'll try to pay more attention this week's MNF and see if I notice these issues. Thanks for pointing out the situation in which these issues seem to occur. Will update...
post #5765 of 9834 Old 11-28-2013, 11:53 PM

PlayNice- Did not bother to read your suggestion. I was not sure what MODE he is using with these settings. So just threw in my 2 ¢. As that is the mode I use personally and like the way it looks so far.
post #5766 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 12:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanstop View Post

Have you tried the settings in GAME MODE?? With smooth motion set to low-med. I haven't paid that much attention to detail while I'm watching the games. Although, I do have the NFL ST and can't see any of that while I'm watching 8 games at once, so by the time it gets to the Sunday Night game, my eyes and brain are pretty shot and can't notice a damn thing. I'll try to pay more attention this week's MNF and see if I notice these issues. Thanks for pointing out the situation in which these issues seem to occur. Will update...

Yep. Ursas game setting calibration is what I use... I'm not a complainer but its pretty bad judder. Especially on left to right camera pans... I didn't notice anything on blu ray. But I'll look again... Although the beginning of "the wrestler" where the camera is panning thru newspaper articles is pretty bad too
post #5767 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post

Setting the TV on game mode will disable the internal feature that reduce motion blur, try working in another setting mode (calibrated, vivid, etc...) that should help with motion blue also try turning on the smooth motion for sports.

Yea I'm looking for a good setting for my 70... Something other than a game mode calibration..

After seeing a few TVs at best buy tonight. The 65" sammy 7100 has me pretty interested.... Anyone have any knowledge on that set or if the dual core processor would help at all?
post #5768 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:

Yep. Ursas game setting calibration is what I use... I'm not a complainer but its pretty bad judder. Especially on left to right camera pans... I didn't notice anything on blu ray. But I'll look again... Although the beginning of "the wrestler" where the camera is panning thru newspaper articles is pretty bad too

I think Cnet rated it's judder as "poor" with the anti-judder settings off.
post #5769 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinkeh View Post

I think Cnet rated it's judder as "poor" with the anti-judder settings off.

So would anti judder settings be smooth motion? If so I tried that on all 3 levels and nothing.. Actually may have made it worse.. frown.gif

Or do I have to switch it off of game mode? And also, if I make a new calibration ( under a different setting , calibrated/dark etc ) will my game settings still be saved or will they erase

Thanks guys
post #5770 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:

So would anti judder settings be smooth motion? If so I tried that on all 3 levels and nothing.. Actually may have made it worse.. frown.gif

Or do I have to switch it off of game mode? And also, if I make a new calibration ( under a different setting , calibrated/dark etc ) will my game settings still be saved or will they erase
Thanks guys

Smooth motion set to ON in any form should alleviate judder. And correct me if I'm wrong guys, as it's been awhile since someone brought up the saved settings. I believe it's saved per MODE(vivid, game, calibrated dark, etc). For example, if you need to make a switch from watching tv in VIVID to firing up the PS4 in GAME, you can. All settings are saved.
post #5771 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 09:06 AM

^^^ CONFIRMED. Went out to living room and just tried it. YES, it is saved per mode.
post #5772 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
We really like our M701 after two weeks, used Ursa's game mode settings. I'm NOT a videophile like many people here, I'll have to look more closely to check for motion "problems", but haven't noticed anything yet.

Resolution/clarity and colors are great (might back off the red push a little).

Also need to figure a way to program my universal remote to do a single button push to switch between daytime and nighttime (less brightness) modes.
post #5773 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanstop View Post

Smooth motion set to ON in any form should alleviate judder. And correct me if I'm wrong guys, as it's been awhile since someone brought up the saved settings. I believe it's saved per MODE(vivid, game, calibrated dark, etc). For example, if you need to make a switch from watching tv in VIVID to firing up the PS4 in GAME, you can. All settings are saved.

Crap.... Yea I have tried all smooth motion settings on all 4 sports channels I was checking it out on.. ( ESPN , nhlhd , ESPN 2, fox sports north ) and turning it on seemed to almost make it worse.

I really wouldn't say anything or bitch if it was minor, but even the girlfriend made a comment when I told her to watch certain parts that amplified or made it obvious. ( kickoffs, long ice passes etc )

What's confusing is no one ( even people who might be pickier than me ) have noticed anything. Especially those using ursas 'game ' setting... Also the fact that the game setting is supposed to be for sports, fast motion and gaming, so I would have thought of all the preset settings ( vivid, calibrated dark etc ) that game would have the best option of eliminating it..

But, nope. Just a very choppy, stuttered pq,

Firmware update? Could it be my sony dn840 receiver?? A setting on my directv genie?

Thanks again
post #5774 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post

Well I stood outside Best Buy for 3 1/2 hours and just got home with the 50" awhile ago. Got it hooked up and am watching Ole Miss and Mississippi State battle it out in the Egg Bowl on ESPN. I haven't calibrated anything yet but it looks DAMN GOOD to me right now! I'll be running the S&M calibration Blu-ray later on. But for now it still look awesome. I currently have the Smooth Motion Effect on high and it looks really nice to me. I can especially tell the difference on the news text crawling across the bottom of the screen on ESPN.

Can't wait to try out a 3D Blu-ray disc.

As for getting the TV I probably didn't have to wait outside for it. I was the only person I saw out of everyone when I was there who was getting this model. It's not a door buster, so I would think there would be plenty of them available tomorrow also.

I preorderd online but got there at 730 to see if I could grab one and cancel the online order.

They had 4 left and in a matter of 10 minted (while I was in line for it) it sold out. Wasn;t too upset because luckily I ordered it online first.

Can you post your calibration setting for it once you finish it?
post #5775 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post

Can you post your calibration setting for it once you finish it?

Yeah I'd love to see some solid calibration settings for the 50". I ordered mine and it's due to arrive next saturday...when I'm at work. BB has nothing setup to change your delivery date once you submit the order it would seem.
post #5776 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 27
does the M701d-A3r have the ability to turn OFF the soap opera effect?

also, meant to ask, how is this sets off angle viewing? I will be mounting it hovering above my tv stand and my center channel under it.
Wasn't sure if the tv was up a tad and pointed down towards the viewers if it would matter. I know Samsung has a issue with around 20 degrees off angle and you loose some PQ.

post #5777 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Also in for M50 calibration settings as mine comes next friday. Also in game mode possibly, looking for smooth motion and no juttery action.

post #5778 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

does the M701d-A3r have the ability to turn OFF the soap opera effect?

also, meant to ask, how is this sets off angle viewing? I will be mounting it hovering above my tv stand and my center channel under it.
Wasn't sure if the tv was up a tad and pointed down towards the viewers if it would matter. I know Samsung has a issue with around 20 degrees off angle and you loose some PQ.

Wow... With a dedicated room like that im surprised vizio is even in your vocab smile.gif

As far as off angle viewing is itsnt great, but isnt the worst. You move up down , left or right and it will start to wash out
post #5779 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Yea I'm looking for a good setting for my 70... Something other than a game mode calibration..

After seeing a few TVs at best buy tonight. The 65" sammy 7100 has me pretty interested.... Anyone have any knowledge on that set or if the dual core processor would help at all?
post #5780 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM

I had the 65 inch 7100 and it dont hold a candle to the vizio 70 inch that i have now
post #5781 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 12:34 PM

Picked up the 50" last night from BB.  It was a killer deal at $599 and didn't even have to stand in line.  There were like 10 of them when I picked mine up.  I'm surprised more people didn't jump on it

post #5782 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 12:50 PM

I have tried to search this whole thread. Does anyone have a full list of all calibrations settings they used that produced a great picture for TV and movies?

We will have the m651d on Wednesday and I'd like to be ready. I would say any of the larger 50+ inch models calibrations will work and I can slightly tweak on my end

Thank you In Advance.
post #5783 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Lashinski View Post

Also in for M50 calibration settings as mine comes next friday. Also in game mode possibly, looking for smooth motion and no juttery action.

Need settings as well.

Game mode is pre set usually. No changes set from factory when you turn it on to reduce judder, lag and so on. Also brighten colors.
post #5784 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake21782 View Post

I have tried to search this whole thread. Does anyone have a full list of all calibrations settings they used that produced a great picture for TV and movies?

We will have the m651d on Wednesday and I'd like to be ready. I would say any of the larger 50+ inch models calibrations will work and I can slightly tweak on my end

Thank you In Advance.

Search on URSA99.
post #5785 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you In Advance.

This is URSAs setting that myself and MANY others use

Note that I dont think this calibration is for the 55 or 65, but might get you close

Vizio M601-m701 Calibration

Picture mode: Game
Backlight: 55
Brightness: 57
Contrast: 53
Color: 40
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 50

Color Temp: Normal
Red Gain: 148
Green Gain: 117
Blue Gain: 130
Red Offset: 130
Green Offset: 129
Blue Offset: 128

Auto Bright: off
Black detail: off
Smart dimming: off
Smooth motion: off
Reduce signal noise: off
Reduce block noise: off
Film mode: auto
post #5786 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:12 PM

Doesn't help thought. That's for the a3r models and apparently a game mode setup. We are looking for a TV AND MOVIE SET UP.

Thanks you though
post #5787 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

also try the last 20-25 pages on this thread.. there were a few other settings as well
post #5788 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:

This is URSAs setting that myself and MANY others use

Note that I dont think this calibration is for the 55 or 65, but might get you close

Vizio M601-m701 Calibration

Picture mode: Game
Backlight: 55
Brightness: 57
Contrast: 53
Color: 40
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 50

Color Temp: Normal
Red Gain: 148
Green Gain: 117
Blue Gain: 130
Red Offset: 130
Green Offset: 129
Blue Offset: 128

Auto Bright: off
Black detail: off
Smart dimming: off
Smooth motion: off
Reduce signal noise: off
Reduce block noise: off
Film mode: auto

This is for the a3r models the 50, 55 and 65 are a2r and set differently. The color scales are way larger so numbers don't work.

Also it's a game mode. How is it for movies and tv?
post #5789 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Doesn't help thought. That's for the a3r models and apparently a game mode setup. We are looking for a TV AND MOVIE SET UP.

Thanks you though

a3r? The r means you probably got 8 sets of glasses

a3r - 8 sets of glasses
a3 - 4 sets of glasses...

And no.. Its not for gaming... I use this setting with everything..

Directv
Bluray
3d bluray
ps4
apps

The "GAME" setting is just the best setting to use with this personal calibration..

Just try it, lol it takes 5 minutes... You wont be disappointed....
post #5790 of 9834 Old 11-29-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:

a3r? The r means you probably got 8 sets of glasses

a3r - 8 sets of glasses
a3 - 4 sets of glasses...

And no.. Its not for gaming... I use this setting with everything..

Directv
Bluray
3d bluray
ps4
apps

The "GAME" setting is just the best setting to use with this personal calibration..

Just try it, lol it takes 5 minutes... You wont be disappointed....

I can't try it your not understanding. I am getting an a2r model. These are settings for the a3r model. The color scaling is different on the 50. 55, and 65 models then the 60 and 70
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page