Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 208 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6211 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

I did scan the zip file before uploading.  My scan came back clean. 

But as we should all ALWAYS DO, protect your system by performing your own personal scan to verify that the file and its content files are safe. 

Never Use a file, or open a file that may be suspect of a virus , etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Enjoying the Vizio 70" after about three weeks. Very good picture and was a good value at Costco. Still tweaking the settings between new FiOS and the TV, but it's good so far. We're happy (even the wife likes it).
post #6213 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 06:43 AM

Liked: 10
Hey guys.. I'm interested in the Vizio M but I have a question and there are just to many posts to read them all. I was told the 60" has a better picture than the 55" due to what he said was the "arrays" used. Is there any truth to this?

Main HT
Speakers: Polk Audio CS2, Monitor 70's, Monitor 30's, BIC F12 12" Sub
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR809
TV: 47" Vizio 120hz 1080p SV470XVT
HTPC: Intel Core i3-3220, 8GB DDR3 1600, 560ti 1GB, 3TB of HDD's, LG Bluray
Bluray: Pioneer BDP-150
Gaming: HTPC, Xbox 360, Wii
Other: Turtle Beach X41 7.1 Headset,...
post #6214 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 AM

I purchased the 60 M series, But only after I spent hours at BestBuy, Costco, etc.  Ask the bestbuy guys to hookup a bluray to the 55 and the 60.  I definately saw a difference.  At costco, there video loop was being displayed at 1080, BestBuy was running at 720.  So after about 2 hours or so at costco looking at every tv they had, I came out with the 60" M-series. I am not disappointed.

post #6215 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayboater View Post

I purchased the 60 M series, But only after I spent hours at BestBuy, Costco, etc.  Ask the bestbuy guys to hookup a bluray to the 55 and the 60.  I definately saw a difference.  At costco, there video loop was being displayed at 1080, BestBuy was running at 720.  So after about 2 hours or so at costco looking at every tv they had, I came out with the 60" M-series. I am not disappointed.

So there is a difference. My stand only supports a 55" so I was hoping there wasn't. I guess a new stand is in order.. wink.gif

Main HT
post #6216 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 AM

If you have an older 55"  You will be very surprised.  A 55" Vizio is actually smaller than the prio 52" sam**** I had. The 60 in Vizio is only about 4" wider.  You may be ok with the stand. Time to get out the tape rule.

post #6217 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 09:23 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

If you have an older 55"  You will be very surprised.  A 55" Vizio is actually smaller than the prio 52" sam**** I had. The 60 in Vizio is only about 4" wider.  You may be ok with the stand. Time to get out the tape rule.

The Vizio has a very thin bezel.

My 55 has a superb picture. Of course I didn't spend hours and hours comparing them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
post #6218 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Been awhile since I posted here. I was reporting some noticeable banding about a couple weeks after I bought this TV. Now the banding is completey gone and I'm on my 3rd month of owning this TV. (does it work itself out through getting broken in ?) Anyway I'm extremely pleased with my 55" m series. And the light bleed I had when I first bought the TV is gone too. Anyone worried about banding or light bleed maybe they should just let the TV break in for a few months I dont know. Or maybe I just got lucky. Oh and I can confirm that the rubbing technique does something to the light bleed in this TV. Just by lightly cleaning this TV with a microfiber cloth I can see the circular patterns at nighttime where I was going over the TV with the cloth. BE VERY CAREFUL CLEANING THIS SCREEN. Hardly use any pressure at all !
post #6219 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojasTKD View Post

The Vizio has a very thin bezel.

My 55 has a superb picture. Of course I didn't spend hours and hours comparing them.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. I have a 47" but the bezel is very large as the TV is 5-6 years old (You can see in my picture gallery). I measured and it appears it will fit fine and my stand supports up to 135 lbs with this TV's shipping weight being 89 lbs. The only drawback is I will need to drop my center channel to the middle shelf as I don't think it will clear on the top anymore. I hope the picture quality surpasses my current Vizio, I have the XVT which has a very nice picture.. just not the greatest black levels.

Main HT
post #6220 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfrog View Post

So there is a difference. My stand only supports a 55" so I was hoping there wasn't. I guess a new stand is in order.. wink.gif

Nice setup mudfrog. It definitely does need a bigger TV. Go for as big as you can handle in your room and as much as you can afford. We love our 70" Vizio.
post #6221 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Woohoo new replacement M501 came in to Best Buy today and is waiting for me to pick up! 3 days without a living room TV, just horrendous! tongue.gif Well not really, in some ways it's been kind of nice.
post #6222 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

M801d-A3 Firmware: 1.09.38.0090

And it shows you battery level in the remote!

I need that firmware update on my m601d-A3R ! :(

post #6223 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post

Nice setup mudfrog. It definitely does need a bigger TV. Go for as big as you can handle in your room and as much as you can afford. We love our 70" Vizio.

Thanks man. It's coming along considering the budget I was trying to stick to. I think going to a 60" from a 47" should be a huge upgrade.

Main HT
post #6224 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post

Now I just tried to pair my computer with the TV for Youtube, then when I tried to go to YT on the TV it immediately went back to the HDMI 1 input. I turned the TV off and now it won't turn back on at all.

Really, just awesome.

Anyone else have an idea to fix this? Happened to me too
post #6225 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfrog View Post

My new stand is for a 55" max and it holds my 60" without a problem.

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
post #6226 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:

I went looking for a 3D Blu-Ray player after ordering my Vizio for black Friday. These three where my choices from affordable but good player:

Samsung BD-F5900
Panasonic DMP-BDT230
Sony BDPS5100

Thay all had good reviews with excellent picture quality. The Panasonic had a SD card slot but also shows you ads in the menus, so passed on it. The Sony and the Samsung where both very highly rated. I went with the Samsung because it was reviewed having very fast performance (load times, navigation, smart apps). The only Sony they had appeared to have been opened, at it reportedly had a flimsy DVD door/tray. The Samsunbg was also a bit less expensive then the others at $87.99 vs $99.99.

I have to say the Samsung is much faster than my previous BD player (Panasonic DMP-BD75) and so far I really like it..

Check out the reviews, you will be well served by any of the above mentioned.

Thanks. I will be ordering the Samsung BD-F5900.

#2 - 5504 upgraded 300gb drives each
#1 - 5040 upgraded 500gb drive
post #6227 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeffort View Post

Quote:

I went looking for a 3D Blu-Ray player after ordering my Vizio for black Friday. These three where my choices from affordable but good player:

Samsung BD-F5900
Panasonic DMP-BDT230
Sony BDPS5100

Thay all had good reviews with excellent picture quality. The Panasonic had a SD card slot but also shows you ads in the menus, so passed on it. The Sony and the Samsung where both very highly rated. I went with the Samsung because it was reviewed having very fast performance (load times, navigation, smart apps). The only Sony they had appeared to have been opened, at it reportedly had a flimsy DVD door/tray. The Samsunbg was also a bit less expensive then the others at $87.99 vs $99.99.

I have to say the Samsung is much faster than my previous BD player (Panasonic DMP-BD75) and so far I really like it..

Check out the reviews, you will be well served by any of the above mentioned.

Thanks. I will be ordering the Samsung BD-F5900.

Your welcome. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

post #6228 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Got the new TV and got it all set up.

Still see the same problems as before, i.e. lip sync issues with HDMI sources coming into TV and optical output from TV to AVR. No issues running audio from source directly to AVR. Still have problems playing YT videos using the "pair" function where I can find a video on my phone and then make it play on the TV. I love the feature because it's SO much easier to find stuff on my phone than on the TV's YT app directly.

With the TV and all the other sources' audio connected individually through the AVR, it's a little confusing because if you're watching Netflix or YT and switch back to DirecTV (or any other source) you still get the audio from that other source since it's coming through the TV. But it doesn't sound as good and probably is out of sync. So then we have to remember to switch the AVR back to the other source.

I suppose it would all be easier if I had a newer AVR with HDMI switching and ARC. Then everything could be hooked up with HDMI and that's it. But I have to make do with what I have now.

Is there any way to automate changing sources on both the TV and the AVR? I guess something like a Harmony remote is the only option, right?
post #6229 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

So I discovered my Sony BRD in the theater room has the same YouTube TV app as the Vizio TV does, so I can also pair my phone to that device. When I did so and called up some videos, they ALL PLAY PERFECTLY!!! On the Vizio TV they either play choppy, or pause for a bit every 15-20 seconds, or sometimes even jump backwards 10-15 seconds every so often. It's extremely annoying.

I'm not sure if the phone is actually sending the YT vid thru wi-fi to the network and then to the TV (or to the BRD), or if the phone is simply calling up that same video on the YT app on the TV.

If I search for and play the same YT videos on the TV directly, without using my phone, they also play perfectly.

I have the TV connected directly to the router via a short Cat 5e ethernet cable. I also have the BRD player in the other room connected directly with a long Cat 6 cable running through the attic.

Can anyone else try to pair their phone with the Vizio YouTube app and see if you have any issues calling up videos using your phone? I wonder if changing from 5e to 6 would make a difference.
post #6230 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 PM

Any suggestions on getting the best deal for a bulk purchase? I bought 11 M501d's during Black Friday sale at Best Buy and don't think I'll beat the $599 price as I expect it was vendor sponsored. I still need five M651d's and the best I am finding is $1648 at Sam's and Costco, but am holding out for something better. I can wait until mid January or so and then they need to be installed. Does anyone think there will be a holiday or post holiday promotion? I haven't shopped for a TV for a few years so I'm not up to speed on what may be offered. Thanks in advance.
post #6231 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:

Got the new TV and got it all set up.

Still see the same problems as before, i.e. lip sync issues with HDMI sources coming into TV and optical output from TV to AVR. No issues running audio from source directly to AVR. Still have problems playing YT videos using the "pair" function where I can find a video on my phone and then make it play on the TV. I love the feature because it's SO much easier to find stuff on my phone than on the TV's YT app directly.

With the TV and all the other sources' audio connected individually through the AVR, it's a little confusing because if you're watching Netflix or YT and switch back to DirecTV (or any other source) you still get the audio from that other source since it's coming through the TV. But it doesn't sound as good and probably is out of sync. So then we have to remember to switch the AVR back to the other source.

I suppose it would all be easier if I had a newer AVR with HDMI switching and ARC. Then everything could be hooked up with HDMI and that's it. But I have to make do with what I have now.

Is there any way to automate changing sources on both the TV and the AVR? I guess something like a Harmony remote is the only option, right?

A Harmony remote is highly recommended. Once you get one there is no going back. I love mine. Then you can hook everything up via your AVR and let the remote do all the switching for you.
Quote:

So I discovered my Sony BRD in the theater room has the same YouTube TV app as the Vizio TV does, so I can also pair my phone to that device. When I did so and called up some videos, they ALL PLAY PERFECTLY!!! On the Vizio TV they either play choppy, or pause for a bit every 15-20 seconds, or sometimes even jump backwards 10-15 seconds every so often. It's extremely annoying.

I'm not sure if the phone is actually sending the YT vid thru wi-fi to the network and then to the TV (or to the BRD), or if the phone is simply calling up that same video on the YT app on the TV.

If I search for and play the same YT videos on the TV directly, without using my phone, they also play perfectly.

I have the TV connected directly to the router via a short Cat 5e ethernet cable. I also have the BRD player in the other room connected directly with a long Cat 6 cable running through the attic.

Can anyone else try to pair their phone with the Vizio YouTube app and see if you have any issues calling up videos using your phone? I wonder if changing from 5e to 6 would

I'm not sure how to pair my phone with the TV, but I the AllCast app (from Play Store) thatworks with most DLNA devices. It sees my Vizio TV and will sent the YouTube video to the TV. It's definitely opening the Vizio's YouTube App to play the video, I assume it the same for you. But like you said it play for about 15 second sand jumps backwards. Seem to be an issues with the YouTube app with DLNA. I don't Cat 6 cable would help.

Personally I have a Chromecast and not only does it work great it is much faster to load and start videos, It also seems to have better video quality or at least throttles up the video quality faster than the built in app. The great thing about the Chromecast is that I can take it with me easily when I travel, I just need and HDMI input and WiFi.
post #6232 of 9833 Old 12-10-2013, 10:34 PM

Hello everyone, I'm the new owner of a 47" razor M series (M471i-A2) and I had a few questions that I can't seem to find anywhere.

First, it doesn't appear that my display has the option for smooth motion, but in my user manual it shows that I should. I'm looking under Advanced Picture, and the only options I have are:

Auto Brightness control: off

Black Detail: off

Smart dimming: off

Reduce Signal Noise: off

Reduce Black Noise: off

Film Mode: Auto

It appears as though everyone else in this thread has that option, but I don't for some reason.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had good calibration settings for the 47" M series. All of the settings I see posted here are for larger monitors and don't look great with my display.

Thanks, 

Stone

post #6233 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Can anyone else try to pair their phone with the Vizio YouTube app and see if you have any issues calling up videos using your phone? I wonder if changing from 5e to 6 would make a difference.

This is all FIXED with the new firmware update. I know because I had the same issue.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #6234 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post

My new stand is for a 55" max and it holds my 60" without a problem.

Excellent news.

I have an unrelated question. My XVT will do side by side split screen but I cannot use two HDMI sources. Will the M series do side by side split screen and if so can you use multiple HDMI sources?

Main HT
post #6235 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

This is all FIXED with the new firmware update. I know because I had the same issue.

dangit when are we gonna get it?? This new M501 I just got yesterday is still on 1.06.10.1310.
post #6236 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

dangit when are we gonna get it?? This new M501 I just got yesterday is still on 1.06.10.1310.

Version: V1.06.10.1310 here as well on the M501. I'm wondering if the firmware is the same for all models of the M-series. Vizio's mysterious handling of firmware updates is on my list of one of the most frustrating aspects of this brand.
post #6237 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

Version: V1.06.10.1310 here as well on the M501. I'm wondering if the firmware is the same for all models of the M-series. Vizio's mysterious handling of firmware updates is on my list of one of the most frustrating aspects of this brand.
Mine came with v1.08, had it for a couple months now and no sign of the 1.09

ISF Certified Calibrator
CalMan Pro
Electronics Junkie
post #6238 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw View Post

Mine came with v1.08, had it for a couple months now and no sign of the 1.09

Is yours a 501?
post #6239 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

Is yours a 501?
No, 70. I have calibrated a few 70 though that had the v1.06. It stinks doing calibrations on sets that have known older firmware.

ISF Certified Calibrator
CalMan Pro
Electronics Junkie
post #6240 of 9833 Old 12-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Well crap... is there not a way to make it at least check to see if there's a firmware update?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page