Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 247 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread

LCD Flat Panel Displays

Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
06:41 AM Liked: 16
post #7381 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

Gift card refund? Why didn't they give you a real refund?

Bought the set in September
jakindacrack's Avatar jakindacrack
07:29 AM Liked: 18
post #7382 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 30
Joined: Jan 2014

Anyone else having to wait over a week to receive a firmware update for a M651d-a2r?  I know it's at the mercy of a server to send you one but, when I asked support I was just told wait be patient and wait a few weeks.  I was also told this was a very effective measure to update cause not everyone is tech. savvy and automated updates make sure it happens for everyone.  Any tricks or is it just a sit and wait.  I mean god forbid companies didn't have a way to send automated updates once outdated firmware is detected while also having an option to auto check for an update.

 

Thanks in advance just wanted to see if others have waited this long.


tigepilot's Avatar tigepilot
08:22 AM Liked: 16
post #7383 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 343
Joined: Oct 2005
I bought my 70" last week of December with 1.09 and it's yet to update. I think I read someone in a previous post say he had been waiting 3 months.

I don't need the wifi update so I'm not bothered by it except that I want to know when the update happens since people are reporting differences in settings. Would be nice to have the option to force the update at a convenient time for me to recalibrate.

Edit: That was a misstype that I didn't catch until I just checked back here. I have 1.08 and it's yet to update.
jakindacrack's Avatar jakindacrack
08:26 AM Liked: 18
post #7384 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 30
Joined: Jan 2014
Ya I think you have the proper firmware cause mine is still 1.06.
88ronin's Avatar 88ronin
10:36 AM Liked: 20
post #7385 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 199
Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785 View Post

Bought the set in September
In that case, I think you were lucky to even get store credit lol. How did you pull that return off, after 100+ days?
JD4L's Avatar JD4L
11:22 AM Liked: 11
post #7386 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 103
Joined: Jan 2014
I thought best buy only had a 14 day return on tvs??
Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
11:29 AM Liked: 16
post #7387 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

In that case, I think you were lucky to even get store credit lol. How did you pull that return off, after 100+ days?

Geeksquad came out this past Saturday, Explained the netflix connectivity issue's I was having, even he couldn't connect with his mobile WiFi. Explained to him that I already dealt with Vizio's dumb as a box of rock CSR's, showed him the softball size blotchy(ness) during certain scene's and he even saw it. He made a call to his supervisor, they said they could replace the motherboard but couldn't replace the LCD panel. Gave me a confo #. I put the set in the box, showed up to Best Buy yesterday. Told the awesome customer service rep I wanted to wait till the 2014 models come out, they gave me what I paid for the set plus what I paid for the geeksquad plan minus a pro-rated geeksquad plan amount, So all in all I lost out on $17.00

/whirls finger..

I'd rather lose out on $17.00 and get a 2014 M series model for less then what i paid for this set, 779.00 vs 729.00 for the '14 50 inch M series OR I drop a little more dough and get the new P-series UHD 50inch model for 999.00.
Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
11:33 AM Liked: 16
post #7388 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD4L View Post

I thought best buy only had a 14 day return on tvs??

30 days if your a silver member

45 days if you a premium member.

This was clearly a warranty issue. I told them I didnt want a new M series model or a refurbished unit. They didnt even argue with me.. The lady at the counter just said "ok" and put it all on a giftcard..
JD4L's Avatar JD4L
11:35 AM Liked: 11
post #7389 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 103
Joined: Jan 2014
Nice... I plan on getting the 50" p series also orrrr the 60" new m series not sure yet... I have the 50" m right now only paid 600 so might be able to sale it for the same and upgrade hopefully!
GusGus748s's Avatar GusGus748s
11:38 AM Liked: 613
post #7390 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 6,599
Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785 View Post

Geeksquad came out this past Saturday, Explained the netflix connectivity issue's I was having, even he couldn't connect with his mobile WiFi. Explained to him that I already dealt with Vizio's dumb as a box of rock CSR's, showed him the softball size blotchy(ness) during certain scene's and he even saw it. He made a call to his supervisor, they said they could replace the motherboard but couldn't replace the LCD panel. Gave me a confo #. I put the set in the box, showed up to Best Buy yesterday. Told the awesome customer service rep I wanted to wait till the 2014 models come out, they gave me what I paid for the set plus what I paid for the geeksquad plan minus a pro-rated geeksquad plan amount, So all in all I lost out on $17.00

/whirls finger..

I'd rather lose out on $17.00 and get a 2014 M series model for less then what i paid for this set, 779.00 vs 729.00 for the '14 50 inch M series OR I drop a little more dough and get the new P-series UHD 50inch model for 999.00.

That's good that you've got a refund. You will be waiting a few months for the new TV's. I just can't wait that long, and the new TV's will be more expensive as well. I've got lucky with my M60. So far it has been excellent with the exception of firmware update.
Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
11:40 AM Liked: 16
post #7391 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
In all honesty, I really really didn't want to return the set. I had everything dialed in color wise. Not being able to connect to Netflix wasn't even the tip of the iceberg, the tip of the iceberg was whenever I watched anything, everytime something panned from left to right or during white scenes I just saw a blotchy discoloration and it was always in the same area. So I know it was a panel issue, It was frustrating.
JD4L's Avatar JD4L
11:47 AM Liked: 11
post #7392 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 103
Joined: Jan 2014
I think the new m series tvs will start cheaper then the 2013 models prices if I remember right ... Could be wrong
Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
11:47 AM Liked: 16
post #7393 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

That's good that you've got a refund. You will be waiting a few months for the new TV's. I just can't wait that long, and the new TV's will be more expensive as well. I've got lucky with my M60. So far it has been excellent with the exception of firmware update.

Prices for the 2014 M series are MSRP 729.00 for the 50 inch model.

Prices for the 2014 P Series are MSRP 999.00 for the 50 inch model.

This set is just a bedroom set.. But hell 4k for 999.00 for a 50 inch set.. sign me up
Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
11:50 AM Liked: 16
post #7394 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
Also I read Vizio is going to make these set's available during 1st Quarter of 2014. 1st quarter starts 1/1/14 and ends 3/1/14 so the wait shouldn't be that long, Normally I am not a patient person. But I can wait for this..
JD4L's Avatar JD4L
11:50 AM Liked: 11
post #7395 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 103
Joined: Jan 2014
Yeah that's what I thought so m series will be slightly cheaper them before I guess due to the loss of 3d and I will prob end up with the 50" p series just wish they kept 3d because I love it and have about 20-25 3d blu rays and do you remember any of your settings I just can't find the right color and settings for my tv! My 3 year old xvt vizio has a better picture I think frown.gif frustrating
Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
11:53 AM Liked: 16
post #7396 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD4L View Post

Yeah that's what I thought so m series will be slightly cheaper them before I guess due to the loss of 3d and I will prob end up with the 50" p series just wish they kept 3d because I love it and have about 20-25 3d blu rays and do you remember any of your settings I just can't find the right color and settings for my tv! My 3 year old xvt vizio has a better picture I think frown.gif frustrating

I believe the '14 M series will still retain 3D, The P-series is not going to be 3D. Personally I could care less about 3D. It would be the last thing on my list for a TV
JD4L's Avatar JD4L
11:55 AM Liked: 11
post #7397 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 103
Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785 View Post

I believe the '14 M series will still retain 3D, The P-series is not going to be 3D. Personally I could care less about 3D. It would be the last thing on my list for a TV

Yeah I hear ya me an my little one love it but they said they've dropped it for all sets this year
GusGus748s's Avatar GusGus748s
11:56 AM Liked: 613
post #7398 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 6,599
Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785 View Post

Prices for the 2014 M series are MSRP 729.00 for the 50 inch model.

Prices for the 2014 P Series are MSRP 999.00 for the 50 inch model.

This set is just a bedroom set.. But hell 4k for 999.00 for a 50 inch set.. sign me up

What's the price for the P 60"? I don't think I can go back to a 50 after getting the 60".
BSTNFAN's Avatar BSTNFAN
11:59 AM Liked: 16
post #7400 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 590
Joined: Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785 View Post

I believe the '14 M series will still retain 3D, The P-series is not going to be 3D. Personally I could care less about 3D. It would be the last thing on my list for a TV

Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Vizio dropped 3D on all 2014 models.
JD4L's Avatar JD4L
12:03 PM Liked: 11
post #7401 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 103
Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTNFAN View Post

Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Vizio dropped 3D on all 2014 models.

Yup but they did say they would continue testing glasses free 3d so there's still a small chance they bring tvs out with that
jkcheng122's Avatar jkcheng122
12:32 PM Liked: 30
post #7402 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 5,481
Joined: May 2007
Does anyone know how to bring up the Professional Picture Settings mentioned on page 25 through 30 of the manual (the one that covers M601d-A3, M701d-A3, and M801d-A3?

Also does anyone how to access the Service Menu? I'm thinking the Professional Picture Settings may be enabled there.

Attached is a pic of page 25 of the user manual:


88ronin's Avatar 88ronin
01:06 PM Liked: 20
post #7403 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 199
Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785 View Post

I believe the '14 M series will still retain 3D, The P-series is not going to be 3D. Personally I could care less about 3D. It would be the last thing on my list for a TV

I used to feel the same way about 3D too ... couldn't care less. But that was before we saw what 3D was like on my M701d. Now my family wants to watch every movie in 3D.

I'm glad I got in on Vizio's passive 3D technology (especially on a large 70-inch screen) before they dropped it on all their models this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD4L View Post

Yup but they did say they would continue testing glasses free 3d so there's still a small chance they bring tvs out with that

Vizio might be back in the 3D game with glasses-free 3D, but that probably won't be for another couple of years, at least.
Matthew1785's Avatar Matthew1785
01:31 PM Liked: 16
post #7404 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 75
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

I used to feel the same way about 3D too ... couldn't care less. But that was before we saw what 3D was like on my M701d. Now my family wants to watch every movie in 3D.

I'm glad I got in on Vizio's passive 3D technology (especially on a large 70-inch screen) before they dropped it on all their models this year.
Vizio might be back in the 3D game with glasses-free 3D, but that probably won't be for another couple of years, at least.

I just want a TV I can watch in my bedroom, that has a great picture. To bad my 60 inch Sharp LC-60E78UN LCD is to big and heavy to carry up a flight of stairs. Best TV i've ever owned year to date.
JD4L's Avatar JD4L
01:38 PM Liked: 11
post #7405 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 103
Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

I used to feel the same way about 3D too ... couldn't care less. But that was before we saw what 3D was like on my M701d. Now my family wants to watch every movie in 3D.

I'm glad I got in on Vizio's passive 3D technology (especially on a large 70-inch screen) before they dropped it on all their models this year.
Vizio might be back in the 3D game with glasses-free 3D, but that probably won't be for another couple of years, at least.

Yes I know that why I'll prob just settle for the 50" p series for a while when it comes out
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice
02:41 PM Liked: 148
post #7406 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 708
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

Does anyone know how to bring up the Professional Picture Settings mentioned on page 25 through 30 of the manual (the one that covers M601d-A3, M701d-A3, and M801d-A3?

Also does anyone how to access the Service Menu? I'm thinking the Professional Picture Settings may be enabled there.

Attached is a pic of page 25 of the user manual:


Can you post a link to that manual? Thank you. The one I have does not contain this page.

Never mind I found it on the official website looks like this is part of a new firmware update can't wait to play the professional settings!
jkcheng122's Avatar jkcheng122
03:38 PM Liked: 30
post #7407 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 5,481
Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post

Can you post a link to that manual? Thank you. The one I have does not contain this page.

Never mind I found it on the official website looks like this is part of a new firmware update can't wait to play the professional settings!

Are you seeing what will come with the firmware update somewhere? All I've read (from this thread) was it'd enable WiFi on the remote.
88ronin's Avatar 88ronin
03:45 PM Liked: 20
post #7408 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 199
Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

Are you seeing what will come with the firmware update somewhere? All I've read (from this thread) was it'd enable WiFi on the remote.

I didn't even know there was a "Professional Settings" page. Has anybody seen this page with their updated 1.09 firmware? I wonder what else Vizio is hiding on these TVs.

Also, what is the "Service Menu" that you are referring to?
PlayNice's Avatar PlayNice
03:51 PM Liked: 148
post #7409 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 708
Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

I didn't even know there was a "Professional Settings" page. Has anybody seen this page with their updated 1.09 firmware? I wonder what else Vizio is hiding on these TVs.

Also, what is the "Service Menu" that you are referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

Are you seeing what will come with the firmware update somewhere? All I've read (from this thread) was it'd enable WiFi on the remote.

I have 1.09.44.0090 and I do not have this feature yet. There is more this is a newer firmware than that.
jakindacrack's Avatar jakindacrack
04:02 PM Liked: 18
post #7410 of 10342
01-27-2014 | Posts: 30
Joined: Jan 2014

I do like my M65 but, just dealing with the vizio CSR on chat today was mind numbing.  

 

Telling me how effective their take on software is and that since not everyone is tech savvy then the rest of us who shell out loads of cash on smart tech have to suffer.  I mean for christ sake the ability to check for updated software/firmware is not some cutting edge tech.  However waiting on a random service check to happen in the words of the CSR "a few weeks or so" is hilarious. 

 

I don't think I even care that much about the new firmware or the added remote update but, the process has led me to caring.


Tags: sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Gear in this thread
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3