Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm also interested in the system info as well. It's odd that he can go manual on command while the rest of us can't. I feel left out. frown.gif

Just as a quick test, I changed my picture for my cable from 1080i to 720p. Still nothing as far as manual 3D goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 PM

Liked: 10
I tested the manual 3d and I can only manual set 3d on my Xbox 360 using component cables and vizio apps. I can not using any hdmi input. I manually set a 3d movie using tversity on my Xbox 360, but could not using tversity on my 3d blu ray player. So it does appear hdmi input is an issue.
post #813 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by importunerdj View Post

Here is after pressing the 3d button on a non-3d channel with Directv. Image 1 is me showing the button I pressed and the option the tv gives of selecting output of 2d or 3d

Image 1 is me showing the button I pressed and the option the tv gives of selecting output of 2d or 3d

Image 2 is the options after selecting the enter button on 3d output.

Image 3 is showing im on a non 3d channel and the tv is allowing me to do these options.

Is this what every else can't do?

Are you using Component or HDMI? I can't get 3D unless the blu ray player says "hi I'm 3d content"

Also to anyone else having a problem. Make sure you're not connecting through a receive that doesn't pass 3D.

Anyone with the 50". Does the front panel seem to be loose to you? Mine gives quite a bit when you touch it. Tons of flash lighting as well.
post #814 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHummrich View Post

Are you using Component or HDMI? I can't get 3D unless the blu ray player says "hi I'm 3d content"

Also to anyone else having a problem. Make sure you're not connecting through a receive that doesn't pass 3D.

Anyone with the 50". Does the front panel seem to be loose to you? Mine gives quite a bit when you touch it. Tons of flash lighting as well.

My receiver is not 3D capable so I've been connecting the BluRay and STB directly to the TV with HDMI. BluRay 3D detects right away and switches, it doesn't work at all with the STB. I may try connecting the STB to the TV VIA Component tomorrow night and see how that goes.

I also have the 50" model and nothing seems loose on it. The front panel/bezel has no play at all and I haven't noticed any flashlighting. I'd recommend exchanging yours based on what you're saying.
post #815 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADWAD123 View Post

Exactly what I cannot do as well. I can only do that when using built in apps. I don't have a 3D capable device other than the TV itself and my HTPC though.

Hitting the 3D button brings up the top display with the incorrect time.

Also from the rep I online chatted with, this TV does not support 1-1 pixel mapping.. I find this extremely strange as 5+ year old lcd's / plasmas easily support this simple feature.

My thinking is they are incorrect.

Please check your Version by going to Menu > System > System Information

My Version: V1.02.926P90

Importunerdj please tell me what yours says!
I do have an updated V1.04.955M90. I think it updated itself when I connected to wifi? Not sure if it was the firmware that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHummrich View Post

I'm using HDMI. All my inputs go into my receiver then from receiver into the tv
post #816 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 92
So I am seeing a version V1.02.926P90

And now an updated version of V1.04.955M90

I think everyone having this 3D issue need to post there firmware version.

Anyone have this new version and still not able to manually switch like importunerdj???

(sure hope these bugs are all worked out on the 70" ... looks like these are the test runs, lol)
post #817 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 PM

Liked: 14
I'm trying everything possible to invoke an update haha.. No idea how to though!

Also I realized my Costco tv is model 551d-a2. From the quick glance, it only comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses
http://store.vizio.com/m551da2.html#support

My previous model from Best Buy was 551d-a2R with 8 glasses.
http://store.vizio.com/m551da2r.html#support

I'm hoping there are no other issues.

What Model name do you have?
post #818 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM

I wasn't even aware there was a different 55" model (Although from the looks of things, the TVs are identical just the 3D glasses are different).

Anywho, my model is the 551D-A2R with the software V1.02.926P90. And I'm also trying to invoke an update as well, why don't these things have automatic updates? :P
post #819 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 09:48 PM

importunerdj,

If you scroll down in System Information does it have anything listed under the Remote area?

Just curious if perhaps you have the wifi remote capabilities too!

I'm going to chat with a vizio rep tomorrow and see if the "service check" feature can get them to send me the firmware... hmmm.

What model size is yours too?
post #820 of 10180 Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enforcer View Post

I wasn't even aware there was a different 55" model (Although from the looks of things, the TVs are identical just the 3D glasses are different).

Anywho, my model is the 551D-A2R with the software V1.02.926P90. And I'm also trying to invoke an update as well, why don't these things have automatic updates? :P

I have the same as you with same firmware. I can access the 3d menu if I connect to youtube & view 3D content there I don't know what type of 3D I tried SBS, Top Bottom & Sensio and it all looks bad, but at least I get the menu which I don't with comcast, evidently they are not transmitting something that the ultimate wisdom of this TV is looking for. I'm POSITIVE that if Vizio would just give ME the choice of turning it on manually if they don't detect it, all would be fine. Vizio is probably not aware that one or two of us have Comcast as a provider but they will find out when we return our TV's.
post #821 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADWAD123 View Post

importunerdj,

If you scroll down in System Information does it have anything listed under the Remote area?

Just curious if perhaps you have the wifi remote capabilities too!

I'm going to chat with a vizio rep tomorrow and see if the "service check" feature can get them to send me the firmware... hmmm.

What model size is yours too?

I have the 55" model. Im pretty sure its the a2r. I purchased it from bestbuy.

I saw the remote control section but I believe it said off or undetected/disabled. Tried looking for enable section but couldnt find anything.
post #822 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 AM

Liked: 13
I have v1.02 and not the 1.04. Couldn't find any way to update the TV. I do at least have 60 days to return this through BB so we will see. The only problem I have with 3D is from my STB and HTPC. Playing blurays and games works fine.

Also i hooked up my HTPC and cleared all of the over scan settings (set to 0) on my GPU and it fits perfectly.
post #823 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 05:11 AM

I know this in a tech forum, so i may be insulting some of you, but for those having issues with the 3d, are you sure you are using a high speed hdmi cable on all of your inputs? older hdmi cords may not be able to transmit 3d signals. Additionally, are you sure that you have a 3d capable cable box?
lotohnz likes this.
post #824 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 05:11 AM

What is everyone's best guess as to why, as a brand new model line that's only been out a week or so, that the 65 inch version (M651D) is being discounted 15% everywhere, while not any other size is? I know the 65" is 8ms, but there must be more to it... Why would this be...seems strage to me that they would discount a brand new model, and only one of the sizes. Thoughts?
post #825 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atweis View Post

What is everyone's best guess as to why, as a brand new model line that's only been out a week or so, that the 65 inch version (M651D) is being discounted 15% everywhere, while not any other size is? I know the 65" is 8ms, but there must be more to it... Why would this be...seems strage to me that they would discount a brand new model, and only one of the sizes. Thoughts?

The 55" is 1049 at best buy. Original price is 1199
post #826 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 AM

I guess I meant, from Vizio's store...the only one they are discounting, is the 65 inch...none of the other sizes, and at the discounted price, it's $100 more than the 60 inch, thereby, on the surface, making the 60 inch not at all desireable from a price standpoint.
post #827 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masbama View Post

How does the Vizio compare to the SXRD? I'm thinking of making the same exact switch.

I've been playing around with the set for the past couple days, and I have to say that the picture is an outstanding upgrade over the SXRD. I'm not sure when the shock factor wears-off, but I was sitting watch cable last night (after hanging the set on the new TV stand) and my first thought was, damn does that TV look good. The SXRD overscans, so it is shocking how much more picture the set displays. And while the TV is only 5" bigger than the SXRD, it feels much bigger due to the small bezel. I'm just really happy with my purchase, and while I love the SXRD, I think this TV will make me even happier.

I have been having remote issues, but I'm not sure if that is due to me not aiming the remote correctly or not. Or maybe its the firmware issue. I'm going to check that out tonight.
post #828 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Not being able to access 3D from a major cable company like Comcast is totally unacceptable but so is the fact the Comcast will not play nice with Netflix and allow them to stream Super HD and 3D.
post #829 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrich2000 View Post

I know this in a tech forum, so i may be insulting some of you, but for those having issues with the 3d, are you sure you are using a high speed hdmi cable on all of your inputs? older hdmi cords may not be able to transmit 3d signals. Additionally, are you sure that you have a 3d capable cable box?
valid question but yes, brand new cables tried through my receiver as well as straight to the TV. Tried same cable as ps3 which works fine as well.

I have to go to BB tonight for a price adjustment as well before my 14 days are up
post #830 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 AM

Hey Everyone,

I just bought the M501 at Best Buy this weekend and also have the same 3d issue from a set top box.
I did some playing around and this is what i have found out so far.
I also have firmware version 1.02
I originally hooked up my cablevision hd cable box (scientific atlantic or atlanta 4250hd - not in front of it right now) with an hdmi cable. When i went to either espn 3d or tried playing a 3d movie from on demand i was just getting the sbs picture. Pressing the 3d button did nothing.
I have a ps3 connected via hdmi and was able to play COD in 3d with no issue - tv autodetected 3d signal.

I connected my cable box with a component cable and got different results. With this connection, when i went to espn 3d channel i was able to press the 3d button and choose sbs and it worked!!
I am also able to go to a non 3d channel and press the 3d button now, but this tv cannot turn regular 2d into 3d.
Next, I tried a 3d movie from the on demand menu, but my cable box would not start/play the movie now. I tried several movies and got same issue. It seems like the cable box knows i am using the component connection and will not start a 3d movie from the on demand menus.
post #831 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqSnake View Post

Hey Everyone,

I just bought the M501 at Best Buy this weekend and also have the same 3d issue from a set top box.
I did some playing around and this is what i have found out so far.
I also have firmware version 1.02
I originally hooked up my cablevision hd cable box (scientific atlantic or atlanta 4250hd - not in front of it right now) with an hdmi cable. When i went to either espn 3d or tried playing a 3d movie from on demand i was just getting the sbs picture. Pressing the 3d button did nothing.
I have a ps3 connected via hdmi and was able to play COD in 3d with no issue - tv autodetected 3d signal.

I connected my cable box with a component cable and got different results. With this connection, when i went to espn 3d channel i was able to press the 3d button and choose sbs and it worked!!
I am also able to go to a non 3d channel and press the 3d button now, but this tv cannot turn regular 2d into 3d.
Next, I tried a 3d movie from the on demand menu, but my cable box would not start/play the movie now. I tried several movies and got same issue. It seems like the cable box knows i am using the component connection and will not start a 3d movie from the on demand menus.

Yes, I'm using component cables too, but from my Tivo and I'm able to get the 3D botton options. I haven't tried HDMI. I noticed with 480i content it just shows the info at the top though.
post #832 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks Carter View Post

If you ever have that problem just right click on the link and select "save target as" and just save it to your computer to view whenever. :-)
Thanks, but I'm not a noob. The link was broken - ended with a 404. No amount of voodoo on my end was going to make the file appear.

Epson 8350 1080p ..:.. 124" WilsonArt DW screen
Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver
Lenovo HTPC ..:.. 1TB storage InfiniTV4 tuner
Xbox 360s extender, PS3 Blu-Ray player
Controlled by a Harmony One remote
post #833 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd2012 View Post

I've been playing around with the set for the past couple days, and I have to say that the picture is an outstanding upgrade over the SXRD. I'm not sure when the shock factor wears-off, but I was sitting watch cable last night (after hanging the set on the new TV stand) and my first thought was, damn does that TV look good. The SXRD overscans, so it is shocking how much more picture the set displays. And while the TV is only 5" bigger than the SXRD, it feels much bigger due to the small bezel. I'm just really happy with my purchase, and while I love the SXRD, I think this TV will make me even happier.

I have been having remote issues, but I'm not sure if that is due to me not aiming the remote correctly or not. Or maybe its the firmware issue. I'm going to check that out tonight.
Thanks so much. My 55" is arriving next week. I would appreciate if you shared your settings. Thanks!
post #834 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 AM

For those having comcast issues, i had to exchange my cable box (time warner though) to get one able to output 3d.
post #835 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

My remote works ok, I'm no more then 10'. Just seems like I have to click slowly else it doesn't pick it up. So the wifi remote, is that going to be for control the TV from a iPad or iPhone? My only complaint is reflections off the screen from my back windows, really need to get $500 in drapes now, blinds are not cutting it rolleyes.gif Really kills the 3D effect.
post #836 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post

My remote works ok, I'm no more then 10'. Just seems like I have to click slowly else it doesn't pick it up. So the wifi remote, is that going to be for control the TV from a iPad or iPhone? My only complaint is reflections of the screen from my windows, really need to get $500 in drapes now, blinds are not cutting it rolleyes.gif

my understanding is that the actual remote is wifi-enabled and after the update will pair with the TV and no longer need line of sight. I wonder if they anticipated the feature being ready for launch and skimped on the IR
post #837 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcubed View Post

my understanding is that the actual remote is wifi-enabled and after the update will pair with the TV and no longer need line of sight. I wonder if they anticipated the feature being ready for launch and skimped on the IR

My remote isn't terrible. I've noticed I need to be "firm" with my button pressing.

The remote for the Costco 55" model feels different and sounds more clicky than the remote for the Best Buy model. Cannot say if this is just something I perceive or an actual truth. Probably only in my head tongue.gif
post #838 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
For those of you questioning the HDMI cable or cable box, this same exact setup worked just fine with Comcast 3D with the M3D550KDE & the E551d-A0 tvs I had & returned over the last few weeks.
post #839 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcubed View Post

Hm, must be that "wifi direct" technology?
post #840 of 10180 Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post

Hm, must be that "wifi direct" technology?

in the system information page there is a section for wifi remote pairing status or something like that.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page