Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 283 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8461 of 9521 Old 03-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Newbie
 
soulsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

My apologies, I'm sure this has been addressed a few times ...

 

I've had my M701d-A3R for a few days and everything's been working fine.

 

Up until ten minutes ago when I went to adjust the volume on my remote and it didn't work.  In fact all of a sudden none of the buttons on the remote work, except one time I managed to power off and then back on, but other than that still nothing.

 

I changed the batteries from Vizio to Duracell cause I think I read somewhere that it might make a difference but nothing ... plus the backlights work when I press any button, they just don't do anything.

 

Could I have pressed another button on the remote by accident to make this happen?

​Or is this a bigger problem?

 

Help? 




ETA: I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in. It is now working intermittently, as in sometimes the TV accepts the remote's command sometimes it doesn't.

Ugh.
soulsea is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8462 of 9521 Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Member
 
augiez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Okay- if you create "custom 1," with tweaked settings from a default mode (e.g., computer), do the changes stay for both the numerical setting AND the desired effect (no matter what you do next) when you go back to custom 1 (I.e., no bug)? Or does the effect go back to default (regardless of the new number you picked (bug)? It sounds like the latter is happening to many with1.25. If that's the case, how does moving one setting on a revisit to custom 1 (after its initial creation) make everything "snap in place," which I assume means you end up with the effect that matches your original number choice(s). If you are eventually getting the settings and effects to match with this extra step and it's permanent, you would have done a workaround and only need to create multiple customs in a two (rather than one) step process. My bottom line question is : have I just explained how to get custom modes with effect changes that match the number changes? Or does custom mode never get effects to match the number changes (I.e., did whoever tested the 0 color scenario ever get the color to stay on 0 AND be B/W?
augiez is offline  
post #8463 of 9521 Old 03-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Member
 
Todd Sigmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiez View Post

Okay- if you create "custom 1," with tweaked settings from a default mode (e.g., computer), do the changes stay for both the numerical setting AND the desired effect (no matter what you do next) when you go back to custom 1 (I.e., no bug)? Or does the effect go back to default (regardless of the new number you picked (bug)? It sounds like the latter is happening to many with1.25. If that's the case, how does moving one setting on a revisit to custom 1 (after its initial creation) make everything "snap in place," which I assume means you end up with the effect that matches your original number choice(s). If you are eventually getting the settings and effects to match with this extra step and it's permanent, you would have done a workaround and only need to create multiple customs in a two (rather than one) step process. My bottom line question is : have I just explained how to get custom modes with effect changes that match the number changes? Or does custom mode never get effects to match the number changes (I.e., did whoever tested the 0 color scenario ever get the color to stay on 0 AND be B/W?

The custom settings are never permanent. That's the problem. There is no workaround.

I spent an hour on the phone with a Vizio supervisor earlier discussing the problem and directed them to tsc's video (which was a big help in getting across what is happening). They agreed something is going wrong and assured me that they will be fixing it for everyone who is having issues. The engineering department will be investigating tomorrow and I expect to hear back from them tomorrow night.
Todd Sigmon is offline  
post #8464 of 9521 Old 03-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Newbie
 
jcrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotohnz View Post

Could you guys post the entire version number for v1.25 and your TV size so we can tell if there are different versions for different sizes? Also the bug may only be in one or the other.

thanks

M701d-A3

V1.25.24.0090

Just for the record, my TV was fine for the first 4 days out of the box. Custom settings and remote worked.

On day 5 I woke up, turned the TV on and hit the Guide button. Instead of my cable box guide I get the TV status display at the top of the screen that shows Cable Box, 1080i, time, network strength, etc...

From that point on the remote only works with the TV (It won't control the cable box or Blu-Ray player) and the custom settings won't stick (have to adjust the color by 1 tick and then the custom settings kick in).
jcrox is offline  
post #8465 of 9521 Old 03-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Member
 
88ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sigmon View Post

The custom settings are never permanent. That's the problem. There is no workaround.

I spent an hour on the phone with a Vizio supervisor earlier discussing the problem and directed them to tsc's video (which was a big help in getting across what is happening). They agreed something is going wrong and assured me that they will be fixing it for everyone who is having issues. The engineering department will be investigating tomorrow and I expect to hear back from them tomorrow night.

It amazes me that a bug this serious would make it past Vizio's testers (if they even have any) and into thousands of their production TVs. And it's not like this bug is that obscure either, based on everything you guys have mentioned.
88ronin is offline  
post #8466 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Member
 
jchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Last night my M601D worked fine on the internet. Something happened overnight and this morning, the TV had once again forgotten how to get on the internet (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread/8400#post_24463327).

 

Pressing the V button on the remote produced an error.  The Network menu did not display the name of my high speed connection. However, every other device on my home network (wired or wireless) worked fine.  Menu/Network/Test Connection displayed "Download Not Available".

 

Resetting the modem/router had no effect.  Starting my computer did seem to wake up the Menu/Network to display the name of my high speed connection but the Test Connection option still displayed Download Not Available.  After I reentered my network password, all was well again and the V button was able to find and start Netflix.

 

At least this exonerates the Voodoo Dance as the culprit (I didn't do it last night...).

Was Vizio trying to download an Update that somehow went wrong?

 

SWAGs are welcome!


M601D-A3R, FW: 1.34.27.0090
jchunter is offline  
post #8467 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Member
 
kcurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdunn217 View Post

I'm running the same set up and had the same problem.

The information that helped me is attributed to theduke,

"If you have CEC on the internal speaker will not stay turned off, turn off CEC and the speakers stay off."

Go to menu system CEC and disable it. Now when I turn on my tv and adjust the soundbar volume the "tv speakers are disabled" prompt only pops up on the initial volume adjustment and stays off the rest of the time. I hope theduke's information helps you too!

I don't want to turn off CEC because I like having my blu ray player turn on the TV when I put a disc in! cool.gif
So I tried turning off the setting in CEC that allows external volume control and I'll see if that keeps the tv speakers off.
kcurley is offline  
post #8468 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Member
 
augiez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Oops! I just redid a new "custom" and confirmed the 1.25 bug using the 0 color setting. When i first checked this i must have hit a slide bar when returning to custom from another mode, which caused it to show the B/W rather than the problem. Sorry for the grief this must have caused some of you. It definitely is a bug.

I spent this morning calling and chatting with vizio, got one guy to watch the video and promise to contact supervisor. Also pressed an online chat rep to move it forward and just got this e-mail message:

I wanted to contact you back today. We have identified an issue with the picture settings no sticking and we have a firmware update being released to resolve this issue. We do not have an ETA on when you will get the update but it is coming soon.

NONETHELESS, I think it is important for all of the 1.25 owners to take the 30 minutes it will require to call Visio tech support and push the issue nicely 1.877.698.4946. The issue now will be to get the update, which we are not able to do via the system menu. Elsewhere on this board, I have read that toy must have filled out the info during setup to register the tv. Don't know if that actually affects roll out of update.

On the remote issue, helpful tech with whom I spoke and who did watch the bug video, said all "Q" sets(at least in 40" size, should have the wireless direct remote control of inputs. And, if your remote says N/A in service menu, try re-pairing it with set. I think the one I got with Q04 may have been bad. But the one I switched (from Q02)works fine. I also think we should all record here results of our calls about the bug. Thanks to all.
augiez is offline  
post #8469 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Member
 
zerolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am with the new firmware and everything is working fine and fast! picture quality (after wow calibration) is awesome!
zerolimit is offline  
post #8470 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Newbie
 
chrisjtoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What size is your TV and did you calibrate it on your own?
chrisjtoy is offline  
post #8471 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
rakstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: dallas
Posts: 657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
[sarcasm]
Careful, there are those on this thread that think you should just accept the fact that the settings don't "stick". When some of us suggested people call Vizio and their vendor to get the firmware update for the remote (1.09) we were told "its not like it doesn't work". After all, you just need to point the remote and change the color and other settings. You can set the values can't you smile.gif [/sarcasm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiez View Post

Oops! I just redid a new "custom" and confirmed the 1.25 bug using the 0 color setting. When i first checked this i must have hit a slide bar when returning to custom from another mode, which caused it to show the B/W rather than the problem. Sorry for the grief this must have caused some of you. It definitely is a bug.

I spent this morning calling and chatting with vizio, got one guy to watch the video and promise to contact supervisor. Also pressed an online chat rep to move it forward and just got this e-mail message:

I wanted to contact you back today. We have identified an issue with the picture settings no sticking and we have a firmware update being released to resolve this issue. We do not have an ETA on when you will get the update but it is coming soon.

NONETHELESS, I think it is important for all of the 1.25 owners to take the 30 minutes it will require to call Visio tech support and push the issue nicely 1.877.698.4946. The issue now will be to get the update, which we are not able to do via the system menu. Elsewhere on this board, I have read that toy must have filled out the info during setup to register the tv. Don't know if that actually affects roll out of update.

On the remote issue, helpful tech with whom I spoke and who did watch the bug video, said all "Q" sets(at least in 40" size, should have the wireless direct remote control of inputs. And, if your remote says N/A in service menu, try re-pairing it with set. I think the one I got with Q04 may have been bad. But the one I switched (from Q02)works fine. I also think we should all record here results of our calls about the bug. Thanks to all.
hogman881 likes this.
rakstr is offline  
post #8472 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
bigcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolimit View Post

I am with the new firmware and everything is working fine and fast! picture quality (after wow calibration) is awesome!

Is WOW easy to use for someone who knows nothing about calibration? I am unable to get the colors I had before the 1.09 update. I am not sure why mine changed so much. I was using Ursa's settings which worked great before 1.09.

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 w/ Denon AVR-1612, Polk Audio RM6750 | Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 w/ Sony HTCT550W 3D Sound Bar | Sony SXRD KDS-R70XBR2 w/ Onkyo HT-S770 | Sony PS3 (Slim) | DIRECTV Genie HR44-500, C41s | Harmony 700
bigcat is offline  
post #8473 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Member
 
88ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post

Is WOW easy to use for someone who knows nothing about calibration? I am unable to get the colors I had before the 1.09 update. I am not sure why mine changed so much. I was using Ursa's settings which worked great before 1.09.

Which TV do you have?

My m701 did not change after getting the 1.09. In fact, Ursa's original color temp settings seem to look even slightly better than before.
88ronin is offline  
post #8474 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
bigcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

Which TV do you have?

My m701 did not change after getting the 1.09. In fact, Ursa's original color temp settings seem to look even slightly better than before.

I have the m801. After the 1.09 update, Ursa's original settings look extremely yellowish on people's faces, very unnatural; while they used to look perfect. Ursa's new settings for 1.09 look extremely blueish (and too bright), very unnatural too.

I've done a factory reset and tried to apply the settings again with no luck.

Ursa's original settings were posted for Game/Normal. New settings he's done under Game/Custom. I've tried to do the same thing since labels appear to be important I've noticed. For example, you can wire the same numbers for NORMAL and CUSTOM temperatures and they will look completely different, so there are settings behind the screens that you can't really control. Initially I thought the labels were just names and setting both to the same numbers would produce the same temperature. Anyway, none of this has helped. I wish I could go back now to 1.08 rolleyes.gif
bill875 likes this.

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 w/ Denon AVR-1612, Polk Audio RM6750 | Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 w/ Sony HTCT550W 3D Sound Bar | Sony SXRD KDS-R70XBR2 w/ Onkyo HT-S770 | Sony PS3 (Slim) | DIRECTV Genie HR44-500, C41s | Harmony 700
bigcat is offline  
post #8475 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Member
 
88ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post

I have the m801. After the 1.09 update, Ursa's original settings look extremely yellowish on people's faces, very unnatural; while they used to look perfect. Ursa's new settings for 1.09 look extremely blueish (and too bright), very unnatural too.

I've done a factory reset and tried to apply the settings with no luck.

Ursa's original settings were posted for Game/Normal. New settings he's done under Game/Custom. I've tried to do the same thing since labels appear to be important I've noticed. For example, you can wire the same numbers for NORMAL and CUSTOM temperatures and they will look completely different, so there are settings behind the screens that you can't really control. Initially I thought the labels were just names and setting both to the same numbers would produce the same temperature. Anyway, none of this has helped. I wish I could go back now to 1.08 rolleyes.gif

Yes, I've noticed that difference between 'Normal' and 'Custom', too, when using the exact same numbers.

I've always used Ursa's original temperature values using Custom and they still look great after getting 1.09. I agree with you though, that his new temp settings do look a bit pale blue and bright, which is why I stuck with his original numbers.
88ronin is offline  
post #8476 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
lotohnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ronin View Post

It amazes me that a bug this serious would make it past Vizio's testers (if they even have any) and into thousands of their production TVs. And it's not like this bug is that obscure either, based on everything you guys have mentioned.

Sure they do, it's this forum. And to be fair, the bug didn't really get by us.

/snark

btw... v1.09.42.1498 (55") really seems to have improved my black levels. For those keeping track I've re-calibrated (vis a vis the AVSHD 709 disc) my contrast setting to 75 (used to be 78) to reclaim more shadow detail. Going to update my previous post to reflect the new setting...
lotohnz is offline  
post #8477 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Member
 
oraphus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: bay area, CA
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i cant seem to get my vizio m501d-a2r to upgrade frimware.. its still showing 1.06.
its connected to wifi and i tried the service check menu - but this does not seem to do anything. any ideas?
oraphus is offline  
post #8478 of 9521 Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Senior Member
 
waylo88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

[sarcasm]
Careful, there are those on this thread that think you should just accept the fact that the settings don't "stick". When some of us suggested people call Vizio and their vendor to get the firmware update for the remote (1.09) we were told "its not like it doesn't work". After all, you just need to point the remote and change the color and other settings. You can set the values can't you smile.gif [/sarcasm]

Yeah, except the 1.25 firmware bug is a real problem. Wanting a replacement TV because you have yet to get the 1.09 firmware update is what you were crying about. Nice to see though that you still haven't dropped the issue roughly a week after everyone else stopped arguing about it.
PlayNice likes this.
waylo88 is online now  
post #8479 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 AM
Member
 
Globespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by oraphus View Post

i cant seem to get my vizio m501d-a2r to upgrade frimware.. its still showing 1.06.
its connected to wifi and i tried the service check menu - but this does not seem to do anything. any ideas?

My M701-a3 has been connected to my router since plugging it in over 2 months ago and it's still not updated. Although I think that maybe Vizio realized that it was not good on many sets and pulled it before to many people ended up with poor colors etc. I could give a rat's about the remote update as I am a long term Harmony user and can't recall the last time I ever used a device's original remote! I have a box full of original remotes... akin to a graveyard.
If they have an update that improves image quality, sure I'm all over that, but to heck with losing image quality to get a Wi-Fi remote that I'll never use.
bill875 likes this.
Globespy is offline  
post #8480 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
rakstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: dallas
Posts: 657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
[karma]
Hmmm, does it say on the box that it will save your settings? Is the calibration feature advertised anyplace? Seems to me you're whining about something never promised and works, just not as well as you'd like it to.

Here I thought you could just program your Harmony with a macro to enter your settings every time you switched inputs. Seems to me it's not a bug if you can fix it with your Harmony!

My sets don't have this problem so what are you complaining about? If you just don't use that feature, everything works fine. Sit tight and wait for the next firmware update to fix it like you ask the rest of us.

Bless your heart wink.gif
[/karma]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Yeah, except the 1.25 firmware bug is a real problem. Wanting a replacement TV because you have yet to get the 1.09 firmware update is what you were crying about. Nice to see though that you still haven't dropped the issue roughly a week after everyone else stopped arguing about it.
steve1022 likes this.
rakstr is offline  
post #8481 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Senior Member
 
masbama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How does one go about adjusting the 3D settings without screwing up the 2D settings and what are the best 3D settings? Thanks!
masbama is offline  
post #8482 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
rakstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: dallas
Posts: 657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I haven't played with the 3D on this set yet but with the XVT36650SV I just replaced I think I had to connect a 3D source and switch to 3D on the set first. This changed the menus. Sorry but this is the best I can remember at the moment smile.gif Have you tried that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by masbama View Post

How does one go about adjusting the 3D settings without screwing up the 2D settings and what are the best 3D settings? Thanks!
rakstr is offline  
post #8483 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Member
 
zerolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 60inch vizio.

the wow disk is so easy!!!! for the price (13$ includes shipping) on ebay i would recomend it.
zerolimit is offline  
post #8484 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Feirstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My new M471i-A2 freezes up. This happens when I am using a Smart TV function (in this cased viewing Dexter on Netflix) :and then trying to open up the TV picture adjustments to calibrate the picture.

Vizio Technical Support just told me that their Smart TV's are not compatible with a network connection that is set up to allow "sharing".

I was also told that they know of this defect and have no known plans to put in a fix.

In my opinion this is a design defect and Vizio should acknowledge this defect in their manual and should stop selling their Smart TV's until this defect is fully addressed.mad.gif
Feirstein is offline  
post #8485 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Member
 
kcurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay the speakers off setting sticks now! I just turned off external speaker control in the CEC menu, but didn't disable CEC altogether. Now the wifi remote can control everything (tv, soundbar, bluray, roku) without a problem!
Thanks Jdunn217!
kcurley is offline  
post #8486 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 11:18 AM
tsc
Member
 
tsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

[karma]
Hmmm, does it say on the box that it will save your settings? Is the calibration feature advertised anyplace? Seems to me you're whining about something never promised and works, just not as well as you'd like it to.

Here I thought you could just program your Harmony with a macro to enter your settings every time you switched inputs. Seems to me it's not a bug if you can fix it with your Harmony!

My sets don't have this problem so what are you complaining about? If you just don't use that feature, everything works fine. Sit tight and wait for the next firmware update to fix it like you ask the rest of us.

Bless your heart wink.gif
[/karma]

Well, the ability to set picture settings (basic, advanced and professional for those with 1.25) *is* 'advertised' -- they instruct you on how to operate these functions by virtue of the damn owner's manual BUILT IN to the TV. Yes, it is a real bug/problem. I think the difference here is, from what I've seen, people with 1.25 aren't demanding or expecting a new replacement set because of this. I know I certainly am not. I'm glad the video that I put together just to clear up confusion regarding the bug got some views from Vizio, at least they can acknowledge and not deny the issue and we can cross our fingers for a fix at some point. In the meantime, we have a 'workaround' of modifying a setting each time we cycle inputs, change picture modes or power on the TV. Is it ideal? Hardly. But it is available.

You also have a workaround for your issue, which in my opinion is more ideal than the workaround for those with 1.25. Either point the remote at the TV or use a universal remote until you get the newer firmware. Your post is dripping with sarcasm regarding those of us with 1.25 and a Harmony remote to create a macro to set calibration settings -- technically it could be done but is far from reasonable, unlike what is available to you. Is the workaround available to you for your issue acceptable? That's subjective. I think most would agree that the option with no out-of-pocket cost is fairly acceptable, do what most remotes require: pointing it at the device you're controlling. You have the right to disagree, which you clearly do, but you're definitely part of a small minority in regards to this.

Just my two cents....
tsc is offline  
post #8487 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
rakstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: dallas
Posts: 657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Ummm, the previous posts suggested buying a Harmony to fix the problem because the IR on this set is poor at best.

Yes my response was dripping in sarcasm because everyone thinks their problem is the most important. If you re-read, my "insistence on a new set" was also sarcastic. I and others wanted to use a feature that doesn't work, no different than you. I could easily argue that the picture settings provided are adequate until other things are fixed but I and others don't.

I've gotten my problem resolved yet I still don't begrudge your opinion of what features are important. Stop belittling others. It's no wonder so many have left this forum.

BTW - I'd bet $1 that there are more people waiting for 1.09 than have 1.25!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsc View Post

Well, the ability to set picture settings (basic, advanced and professional for those with 1.25) *is* 'advertised' -- they instruct you on how to operate these functions by virtue of the damn owner's manual BUILT IN to the TV. Yes, it is a real bug/problem. I think the difference here is, from what I've seen, people with 1.25 aren't demanding or expecting a new replacement set because of this. I know I certainly am not. I'm glad the video that I put together just to clear up confusion regarding the bug got some views from Vizio, at least they can acknowledge and not deny the issue and we can cross our fingers for a fix at some point. In the meantime, we have a 'workaround' of modifying a setting each time we cycle inputs, change picture modes or power on the TV. Is it ideal? Hardly. But it is available.

You also have a workaround for your issue, which in my opinion is more ideal than the workaround for those with 1.25. Either point the remote at the TV or use a universal remote until you get the newer firmware. Your post is dripping with sarcasm regarding those of us with 1.25 and a Harmony remote to create a macro to set calibration settings -- technically it could be done but is far from reasonable, unlike what is available to you. Is the workaround available to you for your issue acceptable? That's subjective. I think most would agree that the option with no out-of-pocket cost is fairly acceptable, do what most remotes require: pointing it at the device you're controlling. You have the right to disagree, which you clearly do, but you're definitely part of a small minority in regards to this.

Just my two cents....
rakstr is offline  
post #8488 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Member
 
Globespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by masbama View Post

How does one go about adjusting the 3D settings without screwing up the 2D settings and what are the best 3D settings? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

I haven't played with the 3D on this set yet but with the XVT36650SV I just replaced I think I had to connect a 3D source and switch to 3D on the set first. This changed the menus. Sorry but this is the best I can remember at the moment smile.gif Have you tried that?

Ha! I never realized that my calibrated settings for 2D everyday watching changed when I enabled 3D! Now I have to figure out if emulating the 2D settings when in 3D mode will change my 2D settings. I thought that the 3D image was brighter and more vibrant than my usual 2D viewing, but maybe that's intentional? Watching Gravity in 3D on this set was amazing! Report back I will.
Globespy is offline  
post #8489 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Member
 
dioptric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is vizio still updating the 55"? I have tried to get the TV to force the update but no success. I'm on 1.06. Just want to get to 1.09. Any suggestions?
dioptric is offline  
post #8490 of 9521 Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post

Move on guys..no more bickering or you'll lose the ability to post at all.
+1
wgallupe, zerolimit and netkrazed like this.
laserjock II is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page


    Forum Jump: 

    Posting Rules  
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off