smb2886's Avatar smb2886 09:18 PM 05-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinejam View Post

Not yet --- my 55" is still on 1.06
Ditto

Demon665's Avatar Demon665 12:44 AM 05-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoverton View Post

This is a whine post, you can feel free to ignore it.

Well, sometimes, it helps to whine. I checked my value after reading the posts and I have 1.08**** I suspect because I got my HDMI to DVI cable, I got desperate and connected to the net a couple of nights. 

As an owner of under 12 days, there is very little I know about my 70M set - other than watching the Batman: Arkham * series of games viewed as a movie on Youtube is awesome!  Oh, and that watching a 3D movie from my computer to my TV does not work, but if I put the same movie on a thumb drive...well, the Doctor has never looked cooler.  With all that said...

Is there no way to reset the TV to factory defaults?  Maybe even a special method that doesn't show up in the regular forums that might rollback the firmware?  In fact...

As a Time Warner customer, I have dealt with their *********** updates and patches to their DVRs over the years that was maddening, so I can partly understand your frustration.  It's like Microsoft updating overnight and waking up to something broken that was working the night before - which is why I don't do automatic updates.  When we switched to Docsis 3, the headaches and stress I went through trying to get things setup...fortunately, I had Valiums. Ultimately, no matter how I reset the router, it would not clear all the old data that a TW tech could.  Maybe, if you called tech support again, they might be able to reset your set to the original settings.  Of course, tis might all be undone the first time you reconnected to the net, but...maybe you'd get the newer upgrade?

I just know that after reading about this stuff - which is like listening to older relatives having back/hip surgery; I'm never going to choose to do it (yeah, it's late and my meds are still working.)

The Tophinator's Avatar The Tophinator 02:08 AM 05-20-2014
I took a few minutes to test out the calibrations settings on 1.30. Here is a shot of the software version.

With 1.30 when you alter one of the modes like Game it creates a custom setting. Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3 etc. It does retain them after turning the TV off then back on.

I started with game mode and changed around the settings a bit. I played a little GTA and did not notice any lag or purple shadows.
rakstr's Avatar rakstr 06:29 AM 05-20-2014
Some sets "pre 1.09" were 1.06 and some were 1.08. It had to do with the model for which firmware it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon665 View Post

Well, sometimes, it helps to whine. I checked my value after reading the posts and I have 1.08**** I suspect because I got my HDMI to DVI cable, I got desperate and connected to the net a couple of nights. 

As an owner of under 12 days, there is very little I know about my 70M set - other than watching the Batman: Arkham * series of games viewed as a movie on Youtube is awesome!  Oh, and that watching a 3D movie from my computer to my TV does not work, but if I put the same movie on a thumb drive...well, the Doctor has never looked cooler.  With all that said...

Is there no way to reset the TV to factory defaults?  Maybe even a special method that doesn't show up in the regular forums that might rollback the firmware?  In fact...

As a Time Warner customer, I have dealt with their *********** updates and patches to their DVRs over the years that was maddening, so I can partly understand your frustration.  It's like Microsoft updating overnight and waking up to something broken that was working the night before - which is why I don't do automatic updates.  When we switched to Docsis 3, the headaches and stress I went through trying to get things setup...fortunately, I had Valiums. Ultimately, no matter how I reset the router, it would not clear all the old data that a TW tech could.  Maybe, if you called tech support again, they might be able to reset your set to the original settings.  Of course, tis might all be undone the first time you reconnected to the net, but...maybe you'd get the newer upgrade?

I just know that after reading about this stuff - which is like listening to older relatives having back/hip surgery; I'm never going to choose to do it (yeah, it's late and my meds are still working.)

Padinn's Avatar Padinn 06:52 PM 05-20-2014
Anyone notice that their remote needs to be repaired every few days or so? I'm wondering if mine is defective.
waylo88's Avatar waylo88 08:54 PM 05-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

Anyone notice that their remote needs to be repaired every few days or so? I'm wondering if mine is defective.

While not every few days, I definitely need to re-pair it like once a month. Usually it'll stop working when I change inputs. At least it's a super easy process.
lotohnz's Avatar lotohnz 01:57 AM 05-21-2014
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

While not every few days, I definitely need to re-pair it like once a month. Usually it'll stop working when I change inputs. At least it's a super easy process.

Almost every day here. I've never had a wi-fi enabled remote before, so I just figured it was par for the course.

Of course I've never had a remote that had to be wi-fi enabled to work properly either. Kind of amusing that they call it a "feature". The only convenience it provides is the magic of pointing at the opposite wall to change inputs or settings, and once your friends have seen that trick it's useless. rolleyes.gif
Feirstein's Avatar Feirstein 06:01 AM 05-21-2014
Concerning the remote, on the Vizio web sit are instructions for resetting the TV and remote so that the remote stays paired to the TV. I tried it and it worked.
rakstr's Avatar rakstr 06:24 AM 05-21-2014
Has anyone received any firmware updates in the past 30 days? 60 days??

I'm wondering if/when they plan to push out 1.30 (or whatever)!
xMrAx's Avatar xMrAx 06:39 AM 05-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

Not sure, every time I call they keep saying it will be soon or that they have already started pushing it out. Its really annoying. The tv is practically useless with 1.25.

mercury6966's Avatar mercury6966 09:09 AM 05-21-2014
Ok so these are the settings I'm working with. I keep tweaking it every now and then, but I kind of like these. Let me know what you guys think. Any feed back would be great, been working on this for a while and my eyes might not be seeing something you might.

This is for firmware vers. 1.25.24

Picture mode -Calibrated
Auto Brightness- Off
Backlight- 71
Brightness- 49
Contrast- 72
Color- 58
Tint- -1
Sharpness- 25

Advanced Picture
Color temp- Normal
Black detail- Off
Smart dimming- Off
Smooth ME- Low
Reduce Block Noise- Off

Color Tuner

Red Gain ( -4)
Green Gain 2
Blue Gain 5

Red Offset ( -2)
Green Offset 1
Blue Offset 0
Demon665's Avatar Demon665 10:04 AM 05-21-2014
Quote:

Some sets "pre 1.09" were 1.06 and some were 1.08. It had to do with the model for which firmware it was.

D'oh!  Sorry, it hadn't even occurred to me.  Thanks for the correction.

lotohnz's Avatar lotohnz 12:57 PM 05-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feirstein View Post

Concerning the remote, on the Vizio web sit are instructions for resetting the TV and remote so that the remote stays paired to the TV. I tried it and it worked.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Ben Music's Avatar Ben Music 07:43 AM 05-22-2014
Quote:

I went to the website but could not find the stay paired info. Could you post a link or tell me what part of the website
shows the stay paired info?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben Music
labboypro's Avatar labboypro 09:59 AM 05-22-2014
Quote:

I have had to cycle the power (unplug power cord from back of TV) a few times to "reset" the remote after it simply stops working altogether. Is this the symptom of an "un-paired" remote? This was particularly inconvenient in that the giant 80" TV is flush mounted inside a wall (I just sold the home, and all the mancave components with it... so it is no longer my problem as of a couple of weeks ago, but I'd like to let the new owner in on any possible fixes).
Feirstein's Avatar Feirstein 12:08 PM 05-22-2014
Yes, I received 1.30 (1.25 from factory) for my 47" Vizio M series. It did fix some of the artifacts and functions.
HAPPIOUR's Avatar HAPPIOUR 01:29 PM 05-22-2014
Quote:

Yes, I received 1.30 (1.25 from factory) for my 47" Vizio M series. It did fix some of the artifacts and functions.

What artifacts and funtions? Thanks
gtmaster303's Avatar gtmaster303 01:50 PM 05-22-2014

Just got my M471i-A2 today and I love the way this TV looks.

Can anyone kindly tell me what are the best picture settings for all purpose use? I'm no picture expert and I don't understand what half the settings mean.

I like my picture bright and true to life with the color. Not over saturated.

mhobart's Avatar mhobart 06:25 PM 05-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Music View Post

I went to the website but could not find the stay paired info. Could you post a link or tell me what part of the website
shows the stay paired info?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben Music

Ben beat me to asking for the same information.
xMrAx's Avatar xMrAx 06:37 PM 05-22-2014

So in regards to the purple ghosting problem I mentioned earlier, I called up Vizio and they are going to replace my TV. Hopefully, the problem will go away. :)

mhobart's Avatar mhobart 10:49 PM 05-22-2014
Quote:

I finally took the plunge and got the M501, with it arriving today. The initial firmware was 1.25.24 and I noticed by this evening it had updated to 1.30 (initially I was on wi-fi as I found myself short on ethernet cables, so I went out to get another one). I'm not sure exactly when the update occurred, but it obviously had to be within hours of the initial installation :-)

It's too bad that Vizio appears not to publish what is changed in each update. I think I have become spoiled by he amount of information that Oppo provides when they issue an update.

I do agree with the many others who do not like the way that Vizio pushes updates, even though I got one quickly.
Feirstein's Avatar Feirstein 07:51 AM 05-23-2014
To reset the set and remote go to the appropriate video at:

http://support.vizio.com/#videos
HAPPIOUR's Avatar HAPPIOUR 08:07 AM 05-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury6966 View Post

Ok so these are the settings I'm working with. I keep tweaking it every now and then, but I kind of like these. Let me know what you guys think. Any feed back would be great, been working on this for a while and my eyes might not be seeing something you might.

This is for firmware vers. 1.25.24

Picture mode -Calibrated
Auto Brightness- Off
Backlight- 71
Brightness- 49
Contrast- 72
Color- 58
Tint- -1
Sharpness- 25

Advanced Picture
Color temp- Normal
Black detail- Off
Smart dimming- Off
Smooth ME- Low
Reduce Block Noise- Off

Color Tuner

Red Gain ( -4)
Green Gain 2
Blue Gain 5

Red Offset ( -2)
Green Offset 1
Blue Offset 0

My picture looks good with these settings, but I put Smooth ME to high. I own the 65 inch..Thanks
mercury6966's Avatar mercury6966 08:45 AM 05-23-2014
No problem , glad I could help.
thspit596's Avatar thspit596 02:57 PM 05-23-2014

Just got a warranty replacement M551D-A2R and was initially really pleased, but I've noticed that it is running hot or maybe has a short -- the "electronic burn smell" is pretty obvious.  I literally got the delivery a few hours ago and I figure to use it throughout the weekend to see if it settles in. Also noticed that the top of the set seems a little bowed (I'm not wall-mounted but have a vantage point in this room where I can look down along the top of the set) and starting to wonder just how re-conditioned this unit is...

I'm not a big electronics officianado...how worried should I be?  Do not think twice...Immediate call to Vizio to request another one?  Or...?

sgruby's Avatar sgruby 05:36 PM 05-23-2014

I've been a long time reader of this thread waiting for my 50" M series to get the 1.09 update and allow me to use the WiFi Direct remote. After waiting 7 months and calling Vizio a number of times with the same story, I finally called them today and after I got the same story, I told them I was going to contact the CEO and attorney general (the WiFi direct was an advertised feature that hadn't been delivered); I also mentioned small claims court. The rep was nice and was going to transfer me to executive resolution or some department like that and when he came back on the line, miraculously he said that they had pushed the firmware to me. After a few tries and then waiting another 20 minutes, my TV managed to get the update. Woo Hoo!

For anyone still waiting for the upgrade that is fed up waiting, try support again and push the issue. There is no reason that they can't push out the update to folks waiting 7 months for a TV.

Not sure why Vizio is feeding people the same line, but they need to get their act together and push out at least 1.09 to all those with 1.06.

smb2886's Avatar smb2886 06:18 PM 05-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgruby View Post

I've been a long time reader of this thread waiting for my 50" M series to get the 1.09 update and allow me to use the WiFi Direct remote. After waiting 7 months and calling Vizio a number of times with the same story, I finally called them today and after I got the same story, I told them I was going to contact the CEO and attorney general (the WiFi direct was an advertised feature that hadn't been delivered); I also mentioned small claims court. The rep was nice and was going to transfer me to executive resolution or some department like that and when he came back on the line, miraculously he said that they had pushed the firmware to me. After a few tries and then waiting another 20 minutes, my TV managed to get the update. Woo Hoo!

For anyone still waiting for the upgrade that is fed up waiting, try support again and push the issue. There is no reason that they can't push out the update to folks waiting 7 months for a TV.

Not sure why Vizio is feeding people the same line, but they need to get their act together and push out at least 1.09 to all those with 1.06.
No way for real
gtmaster303's Avatar gtmaster303 08:30 PM 05-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post

Just got my M471i-A2 today and I love the way this TV looks.

Can anyone kindly tell me what are the best picture settings for all purpose use? I'm no picture expert and I don't understand what half the settings mean.

I like my picture bright and true to life with the color. Not over saturated.

Bump. Help anyone?

--Sclaws's Avatar --Sclaws 07:04 AM 05-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post

Bump. Help anyone?

Invest in an easy-to-use calibration disc like Disney WOW. Not hard to use and you'll get a good sense of how the settings work on your TV. Thing is you can't just plug in someone else's settings and call the job done--each TV's input will vary with how the settings affect image quality.
TruFloridaGator's Avatar TruFloridaGator 07:36 AM 05-26-2014

Has anyone had any luck getting around the Ad-Hoc Wifi Setup thats transmitting from the TV for the remote?

I'm on 1.25. The wireless channel of the Ad-Hoc Setup automatically changes to whatever channel I set my WIFI Router to (2.4hz band) whether the TV is connected to the router or not, so I can't get around it on the moment & thus it's interfering with my ps3. 

Tags: sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
First ... 299  300  301 302  303  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop