Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 306 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9151 of 9838 Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have been following this thread for a long time and finally registered so I could post this update.

I have the M601d-A3 It came with 1.06 or 1.08 I don't remember exactly. I did get the 1.09 update fairly quickly after it was released.

but today I came home from work and turned on my TV and I noticed a weird menu came up but went away, and then noticed my colors were all off. So I checked and I now am updated to V1.34.0090

So It looks like they have went from 1.09 to 1.34 so there is hope for us on getting a good update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9152 of 9838 Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
has anyone had an issue with their 65" showing a horizontal line? any idea on how to fix it?

Their customer service has left much do be desired...I have to send them pics and the receipt. not sure I can locate the receipt. It has not been a year yet.
post #9153 of 9838 Old 06-20-2014, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
OK fellas I've researched back and forth here and other sites but can't find the answer to this. Just got my M801D about 10 days ago. Very happy with my investment, still getting used to the image after coming from a Panny Plasma. But it's ok.
On to my problem. I can't get any audio from the TV thru my Surround Sound speakers when playing the TV apps. I can't figure out why. (take it easy on my I'm a newb) Here's How I'm set up.

Hopper onto Xbox one HDMI in. Xbox One HDMI out onto Yamaha RX-V377 HDMI 1 and From Yamaha HMDI out onto TV HDMI 1(ARC) port. Everything works great, and everything turns on and off but whenever I try to use the TV apps like Netflix it doesn't produce any sound out of the Surround Sound Speakers. Frustrating. Am I gonna have to install a Digital out from the TV on to the AV receiver?

Thanks.
Make sure you've used the "detect device" setting in the TV's setup menu. So long as your AVR is showing up, then it means ARC is working with the TV. The apps will then auto output audio to the AVR (which you may need to set to TV audio, mine does it automagically)
post #9154 of 9838 Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post
Make sure you've used the "detect device" setting in the TV's setup menu. So long as your AVR is showing up, then it means ARC is working with the TV. The apps will then auto output audio to the AVR (which you may need to set to TV audio, mine does it automagically)
Thank you sir. I will look into this again today as soon as I get home from work. I'll report back.
post #9155 of 9838 Old 06-21-2014, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Solid View Post
I came home to new firmware for my M701D-A3. My new firmware is V1.34.27.0090.

What annoys me about these large changes is getting my TV dialed back in. I had it exactly how I wanted it. Now with the new "professional picture" vs. good old fashion gains and offsets I'm having a lot of issues.

I would rollback the firmware if I could..

Has anyone gotten great results with the newest firmware?

Please share if you have.
Somehow I missed your post. I wonder why you've gotten this new firmware and I haven't, unless the difference is mine is a M701D-A3(R).
post #9156 of 9838 Old 06-21-2014, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Eagle View Post
Somehow I missed your post. I wonder why you've gotten this new firmware and I haven't, unless the difference is mine is a M701D-A3(R).
I just got the update a few days ago.. annoyed that settings were changed..and how it labels everything custom when you change something instead of leaving it under game mode or calibrated if that is the one you changed.. I'm going to need new calibration settings..anyone have them for the new professional mode
post #9157 of 9838 Old 06-21-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post
also turn on cec
post #9158 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
ARC setting Vizio M501D and Sony STR-DN1050?

I recently got a M501D and now have a Sony STR-DN1050. To setup ARC one apparently needs the correct model or code in the Vizio audio device settings. The most recent Sony I have seen listed is the STR-D1030. One can test codes manually, but there are apparently 117 settings for Sony :-( Does anyone have the code setting for this combo or suggestions?
post #9159 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabonuk View Post
I just got the update a few days ago.. annoyed that settings were changed..and how it labels everything custom when you change something instead of leaving it under game mode or calibrated if that is the one you changed.. I'm going to need new calibration settings..anyone have them for the new professional mode
I actually LOVE that it does that -- so much better. That way you can create and save multiple custom settings and compare them, and have different viewing scenarios. For example, you could create your favorite "day" "night" "big game" whatever options and switch between them. And in my experience it is doing the opposite of what you said -- if I go into "game" and change the settings" it creates my new settings as "custom" while leaving the original "game" alone. All the better. You can then change the name of "custom" to whatever you want. And you can have 8 per input, which is a ton. My only complaint is with so much flexibility and control, they really should have a way for me to copy custom settings from one input to another.
mhobart likes this.
post #9160 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
i have my M80 and its on 1.25, I read somewhere here that a wired internet connection is needed for the software update. however, I don't see an option to connect it to the ethernet. I have plugged my ethernet wires coming out of the ether port on the wall and into the back of the tv. but when I go to the network under menu, the wired connection is greyed out and says disconnected, but wifi is connecting fine.

I also have a vizio 5.1 sound bar, do i set it to cpm or bitstream to get 5.1 out of it?
Can someone please comment how how to get the ethernet connection to this TV, I have the wi-fi going on, but after plugging the ethernet cable from the wall to the tv its still does not show as wired connection.

Also, another issue I found yesterday. i have a bunch of movies in my external hard drive and they are in MKV format. but it won't play. who do i play these movies, whats a work around?
post #9161 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post
I actually LOVE that it does that -- so much better. That way you can create and save multiple custom settings and compare them, and have different viewing scenarios. For example, you could create your favorite "day" "night" "big game" whatever options and switch between them. And in my experience it is doing the opposite of what you said -- if I go into "game" and change the settings" it creates my new settings as "custom" while leaving the original "game" alone. All the better. You can then change the name of "custom" to whatever you want. And you can have 8 per input, which is a ton. My only complaint is with so much flexibility and control, they really should have a way for me to copy custom settings from one input to another.
Didn't know u could change the name on it.. that helps a lot.. thx
post #9162 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
I recently got a M501D and now have a Sony STR-DN1050. To setup ARC one apparently needs the correct model or code in the Vizio audio device settings. The most recent Sony I have seen listed is the STR-D1030. One can test codes manually, but there are apparently 117 settings for Sony :-( Does anyone have the code setting for this combo or suggestions?
For arc to work u need to enable cec and also do a device discovery
post #9163 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
November 2013, talked to a nice guy at Vizio, they're sending me a TV and taking this one back.
I want who you talked to. I have sent them proof but they refuse to do anything about the issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (421.7 KB, 40 views)
post #9164 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
For arc to work u need to enable cec and also do a device discovery
I had already done both. The problem is that there is no existing selection for the STR-DN1050 in the firmware, and it is tedious (to say the least) to manually test the indicated 117 codes if one simply selects "Sony" then "I don't know the model." If one inadvertently presses "OK" at the wrong point, one cannot simply goes back, you have to start the manual testing process all over again. I was hoping that someone had discovered the working code.
post #9165 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
I had already done both. The problem is that there is no existing selection for the STR-DN1050 in the firmware, and it is tedious (to say the least) to manually test the indicated 117 codes if one simply selects "Sony" then "I don't know the model." If one inadvertently presses "OK" at the wrong point, one cannot simply goes back, you have to start the manual testing process all over again. I was hoping that someone had discovered the working code.
Really I had same issue but I was going into the wrong spot.. just in case.. hit menu then system then cec then turn on cec.. turn on system audio control then device discovery.. hope it helps
mhobart likes this.
post #9166 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Really I had same issue but I was going into the wrong spot.. just in case.. hit menu then system then cec then turn on cec.. turn on system audio control then device discovery.. hope it helps
As I said in the earlier reply, I had already done both. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
post #9167 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Here are my new calibrated settings for the M801d-A3 on firmware v1.34.27.0090 using SpectraCal CalMan 5 with CS3 meter

**Night
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 37
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 41
Tint -7
Sharpness 20

**Day
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 55
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 41
Tint -7
Sharpness 20

**Advanced

Color temp normal
Black detail off
Smart dimming on
Smooth motion low
Reduced signal noise off
Reduced block noise off
Film auto

**Color tuner

(Red is out of spec with these settings but it is as close to accurate as I could obtain. I will look deeper into it however after every adjustment I made to red it would read correct on a full red screen at 75% but in real viewing it had far too much red push)

Red Hue 0 Saturation 0 brightness 0 offset -4 gain 2
Green Hue 0 Saturation 8 brightness 0 offset -6 gain -9
Blue Hue -5 Saturation -11 brightness 2 offset -7 gain -24
Cyan Hue 19 Saturation 0 brightness 0
Magenta Hue 12 Saturation 18 brightness 10
Yellow Hue 5 Saturation 10 brightness 0

**11 point white balance (all the rest were within spec 10 and 20 were the only out of spec)

10% red 43 green 39 blue 36

20% red 24 green 26 blue 21

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 SpectraCal-CalMAN 5
Onkyo TX-NR818 w/ Polk Monitor 50 (Fronts), Onkyo SK-520 (Surronds), SKW-770 (Sub)
Win 8.1 PC i7 3930k, 2 Crossfire 280X's, 32GB RAM | Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3Ghz, 16 GB RAM w/ PLEX
Roku 3
Oppo BDP-103D
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 S, PS3 Slim
Harmony 700

Last edited by PlayNice; 06-22-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I reworked the settings and these have a better result
post #9168 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

ok, so i was able to play the MKV files by simply changing the extension to mp4, however the audio codec is not supported message comes and no audio from the movie file.

I am sure someone must have a work around to this. This is lame that they don't have the most common codecs and it can't play back files. this is so frustrating.
post #9169 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I re-checked all of the settings and tried flipping them, then saving as they should be, and it's now working. You had the right settings and I must have missed one at some point, or something wasn't being saved correctly.

Thank you!
Mike
post #9170 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Remote issues

I am on day 8 of the M801D-A3. Version 1.35 of the firmware. Like the set overall though not totally satisfied with the picture.

The one real issue though is the remote. It completely stops working multiple times a day. When it does the only solution is the take the batteries out, wait a moment, then put them back in. Usually works instantly after the battery reset. I have swapped batteries out several times and have a battery meter that shows they have near full power, so that's not it. And it definitely appears to be the remote because once it stops working it doesn't control any device at all, and other remotes still work on the TV.

Is this a known issue? And if so is there a fix? Or do I just have a lemon remote and should have Vizio send another? I recall reading some people having remote issues early on but I thought that was a case of no remote working with the TV and it was in earlier firmwares. I just want to know before I go to all the trouble with Vizio that I am not wasting my time. It's pretty annoying to have to do this whole battery pull multiple times a day.
post #9171 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 11:45 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightisenough View Post
I want who you talked to. I have sent them proof but they refuse to do anything about the issue.
I would take another picture that shows up better. They replaced mine without a problem. Get a commercial with a light background to show the contrast of the dead line of pixels.
post #9172 of 9838 Old 06-22-2014, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
ok, so i was able to play the MKV files by simply changing the extension to mp4, however the audio codec is not supported message comes and no audio from the movie file.

I am sure someone must have a work around to this. This is lame that they don't have the most common codecs and it can't play back files. this is so frustrating.
I use Handbrake to convert the audio to AC3 (Dolby).
post #9173 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Can someone please comment how how to get the ethernet connection to this TV, I have the wi-fi going on, but after plugging the ethernet cable from the wall to the tv its still does not show as wired connection.

Also, another issue I found yesterday. i have a bunch of movies in my external hard drive and they are in MKV format. but it won't play. who do i play these movies, whats a work around?

Bumping my own post. If most of you are not using this, I am sure at least a few would be and have found some kind of workaround would you please share your experience.
post #9174 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Bumping my own post. If most of you are not using this, I am sure at least a few would be and have found some kind of workaround would you please share your experience.
I plugged my ethernet in front the start and it worked automatically, so I haven't had to try to manually adjust the network settings. Never configured the wi-fi. Is there not a network settings option to turn off the wi-fi? By default if you had the wi-fi active, plugging in the wire would not automatically make it prime on most devices. When I plug ethernet into my laptop for example I disable wi-fi before plugging ethernet in to avoid a conflict. If not, is there a menu-option to forget or reset the wi-fi or network settings in general? Or since you haven't owned that long perhaps you can reset factory settings in general
post #9175 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 01:24 PM

I just got the New 80" 801i-A3
I also just noticed that all the 2014 except the 80" say they have the new full array panel.
So other then No 3D, no new panel and a few new apps and some new calibration menus, What's new with the 80"?

Also does anyone have calibrated setting for this tv they can share?

Thanks,
Chris
post #9176 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKober View Post
I also just noticed that all the 2014 except the 80" say they have the new full array panel.
So other then No 3D, no new panel and a few new apps and some new calibration menus, What's new with the 80"?

Thanks,
Chris
The only difference appears to be that the new 80" is non 3d. The specs otherwise appear to be the same. PlayNice has posted his calibration of the 801d in the 801d forum: Vizio 80" M801D-A3 owners thread
post #9177 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKober View Post

Thanks,
Chris
It's been determined that the full array claim is incorrect for the 80". It's true of the rest of their line. So the 2014 80" is still edge lit. It drops 3D, cost $300 more (MSRP, so street will probably be similar now and eventually lower), and Vizio claims they have improved the processing.
post #9178 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 04:36 PM

Liked: 1
I'm really hoping someone can get a good calibration for the 60". After being updated to 1.34 the color is just awful. There is no detail in the picture at all anymore. I tried PlayNice's settings for my tv even though his is the 80" and it didn't really help. The numbering matched up where as the 60" and 80" If I'm remembering correctly used to not be on the same scale for video settings, but the colors just look washed out. When you have a darker scene the colors are no longer differentiated. They just kinda blur into one color blob, It kinda looks like when you turn your color settings in windows down to like 8-bit. You just lose detail because the colors aren't represented anymore.

*Update*

I started messing around with the TV and my wife pointed out that when turning on the TV the vizio logo comes up and then the screen goes black, then turns purple. This purple overlay stays on for about 30 seconds and then goes back to normal. After seeing this I decided to do a factory reset of the TV. Apparently the firmware upgrade tried to import my old settings as i started with custom1-6 and those from what I think got corrupted.

I have re-added PlayNice's settings and i'll report back how they work after a day or so of use.

Last edited by benk016; 06-23-2014 at 05:01 PM.
post #9179 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
OK fellas I've researched back and forth here and other sites but can't find the answer to this. Just got my M801D about 10 days ago. Very happy with my investment, still getting used to the image after coming from a Panny Plasma. But it's ok.
On to my problem. I can't get any audio from the TV thru my Surround Sound speakers when playing the TV apps. I can't figure out why. (take it easy on my I'm a newb) Here's How I'm set up.

Hopper onto Xbox one HDMI in. Xbox One HDMI out onto Yamaha RX-V377 HDMI 1 and From Yamaha HMDI out onto TV HDMI 1(ARC) port. Everything works great, and everything turns on and off but whenever I try to use the TV apps like Netflix it doesn't produce any sound out of the Surround Sound Speakers. Frustrating. Am I gonna have to install a Digital out from the TV on to the AV receiver?

Thanks.
I also have the Yamaha RX-377 paired with a M602i-B3. Just picked it up last night. I stumbled onto the CEC setting. I have mine set up to use ARC. I may change that later to have individual picture profiles set up, but for now Netflix and Xbox One and Directv all work. I connected one HDMI cable from HDMI 1 on the TV. On mine it has the letters ARC under it. I connected the other end to the Yamaha HDMI Out port and plugged everything else into the Yamaha.

Did you get it resolved?
post #9180 of 9838 Old 06-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
I also have the Yamaha RX-377 paired with a M602i-B3. Just picked it up last night. I stumbled onto the CEC setting. I have mine set up to use ARC. I may change that later to have individual picture profiles set up, but for now Netflix and Xbox One and Directv all work. I connected one HDMI cable from HDMI 1 on the TV. On mine it has the letters ARC under it. I connected the other end to the Yamaha HDMI Out port and plugged everything else into the Yamaha.

Did you get it resolved?
Thanks for the reply man. In haven't been able to figure it out. All my components do work. Connected the same way. I can use netflix and all the apps from the Xbox. But for 3D I have to use the TV app bc Xbox doesn't do 3D. So when I open the app the only way I can get sound on it is they the TV speakers. I don't get anything thru the AVR. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make a digital connection from the TV to the AVR and just change the input when I wanna watch 3D movies. If you can think of any other issues let me know. I'm open to ideas. Lol.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page