Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 307 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9181 of 9835 Old 06-24-2014, 04:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
MoInSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Edmundson, MO (STL)
Posts: 867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
Thanks for the reply man. In haven't been able to figure it out. All my components do work. Connected the same way. I can use netflix and all the apps from the Xbox. But for 3D I have to use the TV app bc Xbox doesn't do 3D. So when I open the app the only way I can get sound on it is they the TV speakers. I don't get anything thru the AVR. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make a digital connection from the TV to the AVR and just change the input when I wanna watch 3D movies. If you can think of any other issues let me know. I'm open to ideas. Lol.
Don't have 3D so no idea there. When I spoke to Yamaha, the guy said to press the button on the AV remote that says Audio. It's on the top left, second section. It worked. You may want to give them a call. They are open 24 hours a day. That's what they are there for. Maybe they can help.

The only thing other thing that comes to mind is using pass through with your Hopper and Xbox One? I have Directv and Xbox One separate. I can be watching TV, hit the Netflix app button on TV remote, then hit the Audio button on the AV remote.

As far as the "thanks for the reply man". I am a middle-aged woman. If I can figure it out, so can you.
MoInSTL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9182 of 9835 Old 06-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Member
 
Sacc Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxford, MS
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
OK fellas I've researched back and forth here and other sites but can't find the answer to this. Just got my M801D about 10 days ago. Very happy with my investment, still getting used to the image after coming from a Panny Plasma. But it's ok.
On to my problem. I can't get any audio from the TV thru my Surround Sound speakers when playing the TV apps. I can't figure out why. (take it easy on my I'm a newb) Here's How I'm set up.

Hopper onto Xbox one HDMI in. Xbox One HDMI out onto Yamaha RX-V377 HDMI 1 and From Yamaha HMDI out onto TV HDMI 1(ARC) port. Everything works great, and everything turns on and off but whenever I try to use the TV apps like Netflix it doesn't produce any sound out of the Surround Sound Speakers. Frustrating. Am I gonna have to install a Digital out from the TV on to the AV receiver?

Thanks.
I have a pretty similar setup vizio m55 and yamaha 475. There's a couple things. 1st, set your receiver up as the source of audio for your tv. This is in the menu under audio. If hooked up correctly your tv will actually identify your receiver and will display a vx475 on the hdmi port. I can't remember what the menu option is, but it's something like "discover". Turn your TV speakers off in the menu as well and if you setup your hopper right your hopper remote should control your receiver volume making life easier.

Secondly make sure your hdmi has arc capabilities. I believe almost all do, but some do not. The specs should be on the box or website you bought it from.

Finally, you need to select the right audio source. For the 475 it was default to av4. you can change this to any available slot... i changed mine to "audio". Check a few sources from your tv before ruling a failure. For some reason I got pandora to work right away but not netflix... I'm not sure what the wait was, but a few seconds into a movie it finally recognized and started playing.

Vizio m55
Yamaha v475
Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0, BIC F12
PS4, AppleTV, DirecTV
Sacc Attack is offline  
post #9183 of 9835 Old 06-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Newbie
 
firemedix911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got it working finally guys and gals. Thanks you so much for the help. It was a combination of the HDMI not being ARC capable and me not selecting the correct input.
Sacc Attack likes this.
firemedix911 is offline  
post #9184 of 9835 Old 06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Newbie
 
MichaelW85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone point me to some (post update) calibration settings for my M651d-A2R, I have just received the update 1.34.28.1034_125 and now the picture settings are different. Thanx in advance
MichaelW85 is offline  
post #9185 of 9835 Old 06-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
MoInSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Edmundson, MO (STL)
Posts: 867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
Got it working finally guys and gals. Thanks you so much for the help. It was a combination of the HDMI not being ARC capable and me not selecting the correct input.
The HDMI cable was not ARC capable? The RX-V377 supports ARC.

Glad you got it working.
MoInSTL is offline  
post #9186 of 9835 Old 06-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Newbie
 
firemedix911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
The HDMI cable was not ARC capable? The RX-V377 supports ARC.

Glad you got it working.
Yeah the HDMI cable. It was oooold. New one fixed the issue.
firemedix911 is offline  
post #9187 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 04:27 AM
Member
 
Sacc Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxford, MS
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
Yeah the HDMI cable. It was oooold. New one fixed the issue.
glad to hear. Some of the old cables don't have the bandwidth of the new ones either so you probably did yourself a favor. Hopefully you didn't go buy a monster from best buy

Vizio m55
Yamaha v475
Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0, BIC F12
PS4, AppleTV, DirecTV
Sacc Attack is offline  
post #9188 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 06:33 AM
Newbie
 
firemedix911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacc Attack View Post
glad to hear. Some of the old cables don't have the bandwidth of the new ones either so you probably did yourself a favor. Hopefully you didn't go buy a monster from best buy
No way. I went for the cheapest HDMI cable they had. Dynex. I've read and learned a little bit in here . Thanks.
firemedix911 is offline  
post #9189 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 07:09 AM
Member
 
nickmv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I got my M652i, as I said yesterday.

Anyways, finally got home after work to play with it. The picture quality is great, and the overall features seem good. Contrast, brightness, sharpness, are all good.

However, I'm completely disappointed. Why? Because of these stupid-ass shadowy bands going across it. Can anyone help me with identifying just what the hell this is? And better yet, can it be fixed? It doesn't show on all content (probably due to motion of the content, light changing, etc, and seems to be more prevalent on solid, fixed blue and green background content. It's especially annoying in sports that take place on green fields, as it looks like shadows on the field. It's annoying as hell, and I'm seriously considering calling Vizio and asking that it be replaced. I expect way more out of a $1500 television.


Here's the pics. http://imgur.com/5kPvwbZ,ctk3r2n,N9hO7xz

The first 2 pics are of the Vizio dark gray splash page upon bootup, and the 3rd pic is of Planet Earth's Oceans Deep scene (note the whale starting to come in at the very bottom -- thats not a visual artifact). The problem slightly improves if I lower my viewing angle, but there is no viewing angle where i cannot see this pattern.

Note the 2 side-by-side small circles at the bottom center, then it turns into a WiFi signal-esque pattern of shadowy bands that run up to just over halfway up the screen.


EDIT/UPDATE: I just emailed Vizio the pics, and asked for a replacement. I was going to wait, but there's simply no way that what I'm seeing is normal, after owning plenty of LCD panels and TVs. I can understand some bright spots, but even then, on a full array panel those should be very minimal. These shadowy bands are absolutely ridiculous for a brand new device. My 2007 Samsung 40" LCD puts this thing to shame in that department.

Last edited by nickmv; 06-25-2014 at 07:38 AM.
nickmv is offline  
post #9190 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Senior Member
 
rtn5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
So I got my M652i, as I said yesterday.

Anyways, finally got home after work to play with it. The picture quality is great, and the overall features seem good. Contrast, brightness, sharpness, are all good.

However, I'm completely disappointed. Why? Because of these stupid-ass shadowy bands going across it. Can anyone help me with identifying just what the hell this is? And better yet, can it be fixed? It doesn't show on all content (probably due to motion of the content, light changing, etc, and seems to be more prevalent on solid, fixed blue and green background content. It's especially annoying in sports that take place on green fields, as it looks like shadows on the field. It's annoying as hell, and I'm seriously considering calling Vizio and asking that it be replaced. I expect way more out of a $1500 television.


Here's the pics. http://imgur.com/5kPvwbZ,ctk3r2n,N9hO7xz

The first 2 pics are of the Vizio dark gray splash page upon bootup, and the 3rd pic is of Planet Earth's Oceans Deep scene (note the whale starting to come in at the very bottom -- thats not a visual artifact). The problem slightly improves if I lower my viewing angle, but there is no viewing angle where i cannot see this pattern.

Note the 2 side-by-side small circles at the bottom center, then it turns into a WiFi signal-esque pattern of shadowy bands that run up to just over halfway up the screen.


EDIT/UPDATE: I just emailed Vizio the pics, and asked for a replacement. I was going to wait, but there's simply no way that what I'm seeing is normal, after owning plenty of LCD panels and TVs. I can understand some bright spots, but even then, on a full array panel those should be very minimal. These shadowy bands are absolutely ridiculous for a brand new device. My 2007 Samsung 40" LCD puts this thing to shame in that department.
That definitely looks like a defective screen.

How were the viewing angles of the set when watching television?

Last edited by rtn5000; 06-25-2014 at 07:43 AM.
rtn5000 is offline  
post #9191 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Member
 
nickmv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtn5000 View Post
That definitely looks like a defective screen.

How were the viewing angles of the set when watching television?
So, that was interesting thing. I definitely will say that I need a VESA wall mount. As you can see, my entertainment center is a bit tiny.

However, I made sure to check my viewing angles when I saw this issue. As you can see in the pic, I'm taking it from a slightly elevated viewing angle, lookign down upon the screen. However, this was done because my phone's camera had trouble capturing what my eyes see, due to the bright light of the TV.

The problem is most easily seen from that elevated angle, so that's how I took the pic. When I first noticed the issue, I sat down on the couch, and noticed that it wasn't as severe. However, upon viewing those scenes I've captured in those pics, it's still completely obvious, no matter what angle. Elevated, level, or below -- it simply doesn't matter.


On a possibly related note, it seemed like blooming is an issue, and I'm wondering if the 2 things are related. That or perhaps I'm just not used to local dimming technology, but I noticed some bad blooming in certain scenarios/scenes. Regardless, the blooming is simply no comparison to the banding issue.
nickmv is offline  
post #9192 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
--Sclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Aurora, IL USA
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
On a possibly related note, it seemed like blooming is an issue, and I'm wondering if the 2 things are related. That or perhaps I'm just not used to local dimming technology, but I noticed some bad blooming in certain scenarios/scenes. Regardless, the blooming is simply no comparison to the banding issue.

I'd agree that the two issues are likely related. I've maxed settings before during calibration on my set and have never seen blooming...clipping, sure, but that's it. Hopefully Vizio will treat you right and get that replacement shipped ASAP.

Vizio M801D-A3

JimK

--Sclaws is offline  
post #9193 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Member
 
nickmv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Sclaws View Post
I'd agree that the two issues are likely related. I've maxed settings before during calibration on my set and have never seen blooming...clipping, sure, but that's it. Hopefully Vizio will treat you right and get that replacement shipped ASAP.
Let me give you an example.

I was watching Oceans Deep on Planet Earth last night (straight off Blu Ray). Anyways, in one of the scenes, it's just blackness in the deep sea, and a sea nautilus comes swimming by. It's of course white and bright brown, so it contrasts with the background a good bit.

Anyways, I could see squares (presumably the dimming zones) lighting up 1 by 1 (and turning off 1 by 1) as the nautilus swam from one side of the screen to the other. In the areas where it wasn't swimming, the blacks were pretty good. It was just very noticeable seeing these cloudy squares turning on and off. Again, these were exact squares lighting up, not some sort of halo effect in the shape of the nautilus.

That sound right to you, or is yours much better?
nickmv is offline  
post #9194 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Newbie
 
TruFloridaGator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 501d-A2R settings for 1.25.24.0234_125. I don't have a problem with them reverting back when I switch inputs or turn on/off the TV.

Used Disney WOW Intermediate for calibration:
Auto Bright: Off
Backlight 82
Brightness 67
Contrast 74
Color 40
Tint -2
Sharpness 14
Color Temp: Cool
Black detail: Off
Smart Dimming: Off
Smooth Motion Effect: Low (but I may turn to medium for some fast movies, haven't had any lag with sports).
Reduce Signal Noise: Off
Reduce Block Noise: Off
Film Mode: Auto

Don't have anything in Professional edited at the moment.

Pretty happy with the TV.

The Ad Hoc server from the TV was interfering with my PS3, but if you keep your TV disconnected from the wireless you can change your 2.4hz band channel to something specific. If you use your TV to connect to the same network, it will continuously match your routers 2.4hz band channel.
TruFloridaGator is offline  
post #9195 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Member
 
nickmv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well folks, I'm happy to report a happy outcome so far in this shadowy banding issue.


I contacted Vizio at lunch, they had me troubleshoot and send in pics. The lady was very professional, and very patient with me while I uploaded the pics. At first I sent her the pics I had posted on this thread, but she asked for 1 more, specifically of the Vizio apps in full-screen mode. Talk about a Godsend -- I practically thanked her, as that picture demonstrated the problem very clearly.

http://i.imgur.com/68NBimm.jpg


Anyways, she put me back on hold (this call took about 45 mins, but was worth it), and came back to let me know that A) this shouldn't be happening, and B) they would be replacing my TV with a brand new replacement (I told her thanks, that I would've pitched a fit if she had said REPAIR), and that the delivery people will come pick the old one up at the time that they deliver the new one.

This is exactly what I had hoped for, and I'm hoping that the replacement will fall more in line with what other reviewers have said about this unit (ie. CNET).

This is my first Vizio TV, and to be honest, I was skeptical, as I had really only known the brand back when they made really crappy TVs, and weren't really competing on quality, but instead on price. Anyways, I think their support was excellent (they did say Award Winning on the box, and I've heard good things), and I'm looking forward to the replacement model. For now though, I'm just going to enjoy 25 extra inches of TV for the next week or so, even if it's got terrible bands going across it.
nickmv is offline  
post #9196 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
PlayNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 112
My second M801d set has been calibrated, will post these settings shortly. They are very different and still have the same red error but it looks better than the first set by a small margin.
PlayNice is offline  
post #9197 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Member
 
edlittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hello all,

I'm looking at getting an M601d to replace an aging Sony Z4100 (http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...ls#/manualsTab) which is in use in my parents main living room. There is quite a bit of light in there, including some overheads and bleed from outside. The sun is never directly shining in.

Would this be okay in terms of an upgrade in PQ?

edlittle is offline  
post #9198 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Newbie
 
Iron Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacc Attack View Post
Hopefully you didn't go buy a monster from best buy
I hope by now that most people aren't that gullible.
Iron Eagle is offline  
post #9199 of 9835 Old 06-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
PlayNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Second M801d-A3 calibration this set yields a better result than the other M80 and gives a more close to reference picture.

No adjustments were made to the 11 point grey scale as using the 2 point (offset & gain) were near perfect all in spec with Delta E and Gamma.

**Night
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 35
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 39
Tint -4
Sharpness 20

**Day
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 61
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 39
Tint -4
Sharpness 20

**Advanced

Color temp normal
Black detail off
Smart dimming on
Smooth motion low
Reduced signal noise off
Reduced block noise off
Film auto

**Color tuner

(As before Red is out of spec with these settings but it is as close to accurate as I could obtain. Any adjustments to the red color adds too much red push which throws the rest of the colors off.)

Red Hue 0 Saturation 0 brightness 0 offset -3 gain 0
Green Hue 7 Saturation 5 brightness -4 offset -9 gain 8
Blue Hue -24 Saturation -13 brightness 16 offset -5 gain -24
Cyan Hue 30 Saturation 6 brightness -24
Magenta Hue 11 Saturation 16 brightness 20
Yellow Hue 0 Saturation 10 brightness -5

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 SpectraCal-CalMAN 5
Onkyo TX-NR818 w/ Polk Monitor 50 (Fronts), Onkyo SK-520 (Surronds), SKW-770 (Sub)
Win 8.1 PC i7 3930k, 2 Crossfire 280X's, 32GB RAM | Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3Ghz, 16 GB RAM w/ PLEX
Roku 3
Oppo BDP-103D
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 S, PS3 Slim
Harmony 700
PlayNice is offline  
post #9200 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
sid369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 648
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post
I plugged my ethernet in front the start and it worked automatically, so I haven't had to try to manually adjust the network settings. Never configured the wi-fi. Is there not a network settings option to turn off the wi-fi? By default if you had the wi-fi active, plugging in the wire would not automatically make it prime on most devices. When I plug ethernet into my laptop for example I disable wi-fi before plugging ethernet in to avoid a conflict. If not, is there a menu-option to forget or reset the wi-fi or network settings in general? Or since you haven't owned that long perhaps you can reset factory settings in general

Thanks for the suggestion, I have had the time to test out what you suggested, but I can surely give it a shot.

Any ideas how to get the MKV files to play video and audio. I changed the files extension to .mp4 which worked but only played video, now how do I get the audio codec.
sid369 is offline  
post #9201 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 04:37 AM
Member
 
Aniwolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just got my update 1.08 > 1.34 wireless connection and I have the 60" model. Has the custom settings issue been resolved?

Last edited by Aniwolfe; 06-26-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Aniwolfe is offline  
post #9202 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Member
 
Sacc Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxford, MS
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Eagle View Post
I hope by now that most people aren't that gullible.
avs members no. but your average joe still is.
videobruce likes this.

Vizio m55
Yamaha v475
Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0, BIC F12
PS4, AppleTV, DirecTV
Sacc Attack is offline  
post #9203 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 05:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,979
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
I would add the word "most" to both.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #9204 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
dvdchance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Carteret, Middlesex County, NJ
Posts: 792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniwolfe View Post
Just got my update 1.08 > 1.34 wireless connection and I have the 60" model. Has the custom settings issue been resolved?
Same here...my 50" went to 1.34 from 1.09. Now I've gotta find some settings to get pic to what the great CNET settings gave me.

Anyone have any settings for the professional settings in regards to how they correlate to the colour gain / offset settings on the previous FW?
dvdchance is offline  
post #9205 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
ursa99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norwood, MA USA
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Second M801d-A3 calibration this set yields a better result than the other M80 and gives a more close to reference picture.

No adjustments were made to the 11 point grey scale as using the 2 point (offset & gain) were near perfect all in spec with Delta E and Gamma.

**Night
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 35
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 39
Tint -4
Sharpness 20

**Day
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 61
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 39
Tint -4
Sharpness 20

**Advanced

Color temp normal
Black detail off
Smart dimming on
Smooth motion low
Reduced signal noise off
Reduced block noise off
Film auto

**Color tuner

(As before Red is out of spec with these settings but it is as close to accurate as I could obtain. Any adjustments to the red color adds too much red push which throws the rest of the colors off.)

Red Hue 0 Saturation 0 brightness 0 offset -3 gain 0
Green Hue 7 Saturation 5 brightness -4 offset -9 gain 8
Blue Hue -24 Saturation -13 brightness 16 offset -5 gain -24
Cyan Hue 30 Saturation 6 brightness -24
Magenta Hue 11 Saturation 16 brightness 20
Yellow Hue 0 Saturation 10 brightness -5
==================================================
>>No adjustments were made to the 11 point grey scale as using the 2 point
>>(offset & gain) were near perfect all in spec with Delta E and Gamma.

If the above is the case why did you need to adjust the tint to -4?

Ursa
ursa99 is offline  
post #9206 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Member
 
josephpearson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99 View Post
==================================================
>>No adjustments were made to the 11 point grey scale as using the 2 point
>>(offset & gain) were near perfect all in spec with Delta E and Gamma.

If the above is the case why did you need to adjust the tint to -4?

Ursa
Has your set been updated to the 1.34xx firmware? If so, have you done a new calibration?
josephpearson is offline  
post #9207 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
PlayNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99 View Post
==================================================
>>No adjustments were made to the 11 point grey scale as using the 2 point
>>(offset & gain) were near perfect all in spec with Delta E and Gamma.

If the above is the case why did you need to adjust the tint to -4?

Ursa
The way I do my calibrations is by first adjusting visually for backlight, contrast, brightness, color, tint and sharpness.

Then using a meter for greyscale, color temp and CMS.

With this set you can see that you need to bring tint to -4 and the color to 39 by enabling blue mode and viewing a color bar pattern. (I like the AVS HD pattern the best cause it flickers) the goal with this pattern is to see one shade of blue in the patterns.

The Delta E data for the greyscale is different than the CMS Delta E readings.
PlayNice is offline  
post #9208 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
ursa99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norwood, MA USA
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephpearson View Post
Has your set been updated to the 1.34xx firmware? If so, have you done a new calibration?
Not updated yet. Still at 1.09.x.x. Waiting patiently and will do another calibration when it arrives.
Ursa
ursa99 is offline  
post #9209 of 9835 Old 06-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Member
 
Aniwolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Second M801d-A3 calibration this set yields a better result than the other M80 and gives a more close to reference picture.

No adjustments were made to the 11 point grey scale as using the 2 point (offset & gain) were near perfect all in spec with Delta E and Gamma.

**Night
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 35
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 39
Tint -4
Sharpness 20

**Day
Auto brightness control - off
Backlight 61
Brightness 51
Contrast 51
Color 39
Tint -4
Sharpness 20

**Advanced

Color temp normal
Black detail off
Smart dimming on
Smooth motion low
Reduced signal noise off
Reduced block noise off
Film auto

**Color tuner

(As before Red is out of spec with these settings but it is as close to accurate as I could obtain. Any adjustments to the red color adds too much red push which throws the rest of the colors off.)

Red Hue 0 Saturation 0 brightness 0 offset -3 gain 0
Green Hue 7 Saturation 5 brightness -4 offset -9 gain 8
Blue Hue -24 Saturation -13 brightness 16 offset -5 gain -24
Cyan Hue 30 Saturation 6 brightness -24
Magenta Hue 11 Saturation 16 brightness 20
Yellow Hue 0 Saturation 10 brightness -5
These settings look pretty good on my 60" TV. Thanks for taking the time to make these available. I am liking this 1.34 update a lot. It seems to have fixed some lip sync issues and picture quality overall looks a little better. And of course the remote works nicely now.

I went from 1.08 to 1.34 yesterday ...not sure if this had anything to do with it. But, I power cycled my TV for the first time and 2 days later I got the update. Probably not related??? Who knows
Aniwolfe is offline  
post #9210 of 9835 Old 06-27-2014, 01:32 AM
Member
 
The Tophinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Canyon Country, CA
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I turned on my 70" tonight and had a big notice that it was upgraded from 1.30 to 1.34. It did keep the custom setting I had set and it was also done wirelessly.
The Tophinator is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off