Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post

I'm looking at this M-Series monitor [and TV]:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140710104027:s

I was wondering if this is a true 120hz panel and if this offers a 24p mode?

Also, is it possible to turn off the soap opera effect?

As per User Manual (Models: M492i-B2, M552i-B2, & M652i-B2):

Refresh Rate: 240 Hz Effective.

• Smooth Motion Effect - Activates Smooth Motion™
motion estimation/motion compensation, which
suppresses motion judder, or “stuttering” of the image
when the camera moves across a scene horizontally.
Select Off, Low, Medium, or High.

• Motion Blur Reduction - Reduces blur in scenes with fast
action. Some sensitive viewers may notice flicker.
Select On or Off.

• Film Mode - Optimizes the picture for watching film.
Select Auto or Off.

Ooooh. I like the keyboard remote:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg xrt500_11.jpg (15.2 KB, 6 views)

- Pj

Vizio M401i-A3 (40") V1.34.31.0080. APC Back-UPS for DHG250 V1.2.21; Did UserConfigReset (no TVGOS Patches, FPC); 653214741 Reset aprx 12am every 4th, 5th, or 6th Thu. No CableCard. OTA & Analog/Digital Cable Service*. ClearStream-4 to DTX9950 to Composite-In of Philips 3576H; RF-In to local Cable*. WMC with WinTV-HVR-2250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9512 of 9516 Old Today, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
The Backlight, and especially the Contrast are pretty HIGH. Depending on source/content, there will be 'overexposure' or 'over-driven' issues. This has been my experience when driving the Backlight and/or especially the Contrast too high.

Agreed on the Contrast. While the 235 level is supposed to be peak level for video, almost all video has peak levels that use some of the headroom between 235 and 255. On most displays, including the Vizio, the red, blue, and green sub-pixels of the display don't all peak at the same point. So if you don't set contrast low enough, a bright white in that 235 to 255 range will cause a single primary color to peak before the others which then results in a color shift. So the brightest whites will not be the same color as the not quite so bright whites. While it sounds like this will simply make the brightest whites not look right, human visual perception will actually attempt to compensate to a degree and shift the perception of the colors of everything else on screen when this occurs as well.

The highest level I could set the contrast without clipping any of the primary colors below level 255 was 65. Red began clipping at 66. Blue was difficult to determine because it does not exhibit a linear increase in brightness. The banding is bad enough that some lower number brightness levels of blue are displayed as brighter than the next several brightness levels above them. If my colorimeter was still working correctly, I would use it to verify that white at the 255 level was the same color as all whites at lower levels (D6500). When it starts to stray from that, the contrast is set too high. I do advocate setting the contrast as high as possible without clipping any of the primary colors, therefore using the maximum dynamic range of the display, and then adjust the backlight level to achieve the desired overall picture brightness.

High backlight levels shouldn't cause any color shift or undesirable picture issues other than simply having too bright of a picture. Backlight levels should not cause any color issues unless the backlight changes color with variance in backlighting level (which it shouldn't, and would cause significant color issues with smart dimming if it did). Determining if there was any color shift with changes in backlight levels would require a colorimeter or photo spectrometer.
lotohnz likes this.

Last edited by KC-Technerd; Today at 07:15 AM.
post #9513 of 9516 Old Today, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before but....................
The 11 point white balance...I see some of you post settings for each percentage. Once I enter the settings for 5%-100% am I supposed to pick a percentage or is the tv making adjustments based on every single change i made?

Last edited by Bushwicktarheels; Today at 12:09 PM.
post #9514 of 9516 Old Today, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwicktarheels View Post
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before but....................
The 11 point white balance...I see some of you post settings for each percentage. Once I enter the settings for 5%-100% am I supposed to pick a percentage or just leave as is on the 5%.
You can leave it on 5%, you've got all the other percentages entered so you're good to go.
post #9515 of 9516 Old Today, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Connect to the network and wait.
I actually do remember seeing a notification of an update a couple months back that included a long list of items. So I guess I sort of answered my own question....

I just wish there was a way to start the process when I want to.

So no tricks to do that I guess?
post #9516 of 9516 Old Today, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 View Post
You can leave it on 5%, you've got all the other percentages entered so you're good to go.
So the TV is using all 11 setting changes i did?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page