Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 319 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9541 of 9547 Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anybody have settings for the M40I-A3 and care to share. Katzmaier settings for the M652I-B2 and URSA 99 settings seem to gray and skin tones look to pale to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9542 of 9547 Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone point me to the Calibration settings for the M651-a2r (most recent firmware 1.34)Please and thank you
post #9543 of 9547 Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW85 View Post
Can anyone point me to the Calibration settings for the M651-a2r (most recent firmware 1.34)Please and thank you
I would like this also, but I get it that not too many calibrators own this set.
post #9544 of 9547 Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahusker View Post
I would like this also, but I get it that not too many calibrators own this set.
post #9545 of 9547 Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My New M401i-A3 Settings / Possible Bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Dayton View Post

Anybody have settings for the M40I-A3 and care to share. Katzmaier settings for
the M652I-B2 and URSA99 settings seem too gray and skin tones look to pale to me.

Yeah, after watching, comparing and adjusting to a brighter punch, I came up with this on my M401i-A3:

Note: These settings are for my Off-Axis viewing. Colors, Brightness, and Contrast will be a little more intense for straight-on viewing. My only calibration tool: My eyes.

Code:

Auto Brightness         Off   
 Backlight                80 (50-80 as needed or Auto Brightness on High)
 Brightness               45 (40-50, Source/Content Dependent.)   
 Contrast                 65 (68 and above turns the bright whites into a pinkish tint.)    
 Color                    60 (50-60 Source/Content Dependent.)  
 Tint                      0   
 Sharpness                 0 (Source/Content Dependent. Old Films 25-100)   

Advanced:    

Color Temp                Normal   
 Black Detail              Low   
 Not-So-Smart Dimming      OFF  :) (Lots of differing opinions/preferences with this one.)   
 Motion Blur               Off (Undecided - More Testing Needed.)   
 Reduce Signal Noise       Off (Sometimes 'Low' for Analog Signals.)  
 Reduce Block Noise        Off (Did not test yet to see if I want it on.)  
 Film Mode                 Auto    

Pro Picture Settings:

Default for now. I shall try URSA's Pro Settings along with my above settings.

Note: For my Sepia Tone Setting, I have the above Custom setup mirrored to another except I have Color at 0 and in the Pro Picture Settings, I have the Blue Offset and Gain at -25. Changing anything in Pro, however, will be in all other Custom settings on the given Input - I think... see the following 'Bug' note.)

Bug?

I did a test on another Input (Cable) where I first setup URSA's settings. I chose one of the Preset settings, made a one digit change to create another Custom Setting. Upon checking my URSA setup in the Pro Settings, I lost the Offset and Gain setup! They were back to zeros! The Brightness setting remained (0, -39, and -50) for the RGB. [For my Firmware version, see my signature below.]

- Pj

Vizio M401i-A3 (40") V1.34.31.0080. APC Back-UPS for DHG250 V1.2.21; Did UserConfigReset (no TVGOS Patches, FPC); 653214741 Reset aprx 12am every 4th, 5th, or 6th Thu. No CableCard. OTA & Analog/Digital Cable Service*. ClearStream-4 to DTX9950 to Composite-In of Philips 3576H; RF-In to local Cable*. WMC with WinTV-HVR-2250.

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; Today at 05:10 AM. Reason: Updated Info / Corrected Code Format and Accidental Deletion of some text.
post #9546 of 9547 Old Today, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99 View Post
I used NORMAL. Sorry for not posting that.
I also have noticed that some scenes have a whitish hue and others are O.K. This was never the case with the old FW...so I turned on Black Detail to Medium and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm not sure if others are seeing this so as always YMMV.

Ursa
Ursa - can you describe the whitish hue issue you were seeing. After the 1.34 update, there have been some scenes where a portion of the screen, typically toward the middle bottom right, has brightened up slightly. I have not been able to reproduce the effect if the scene has a lot of colors present - it's only been when it's a scene with a lot of darks. I've been able to minimize the effect as you pointed out with black detail set to medium. Also, thanks for the calibration settings.

-M601d, FW 1.34
post #9547 of 9547 Old Today, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijinboricua View Post
hello everyone. I finally replaced my old TV and decided to go with the M401i-A3. So far I am loving the TV and the remote included (XRT510). Something I have been trying to find like crazy and had no luck is how to program the remote to control my Matricom g-box Midnight MX2 android XBMC set top box. Vizio customer support is giving different stories or sometimes doesnt even answer the question. I dont see the device on the remote manual, so not sure what to do. Anyone that could point me on the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Also, is there anyway to recommend updates to the Vizio team? I am sure many people would love to see a DS Video app (to see files from a synology NAS).

Thanks.
Yes you can on their web page. Go to Contact us and in the form just suggest the Synology DS Video app. Samsung already has one and would be great if Vizio got it.

I did this and if more people do it the chances of them doing it will be more likely
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page