Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

I was on firmware 1.09, and I'm now on 1.34 27.90 on my 80"

I'm using the TV speakers:

In the menu for AUDIO, it won't let me change the frequencies in the EQ, no matter what I select - flat, Dynamic, etc. When I try to adjust the individual bands on the EQ, it only lets me go up one increment. My sound is now muddy and not clear, since the settings won't let me adjust.

Can you guys see if it's the same issue on your 1.34 firmware?

Mine is OK. Did you do a Factory Reset when you got 1.34xx?

You have 'muddy' sound now, no matter which of the Factory Presets you select?

Once I make an adjustment to one of the Presets, I end up with a Custom setting.

- Pj

Vizio M401i-A3 (40") V1.34.31.0080. APC Back-UPS for DHG250 V1.2.21; Did UserConfigReset (no TVGOS Patches, FPC); 653214741 Reset aprx 12am every 4th, 5th, or 6th Thu. No CableCard. OTA & Analog/Digital Cable Service*. ClearStream-4 to DTX9950 to Composite-In of Philips 3576H; RF-In to local Cable*. WMC with WinTV-HVR-2250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Mine is OK. Did you do a Factory Reset when you got 1.34xx?

You have 'muddy' sound now, no matter which of the Factory Presets you select?

Once I make an adjustment to one of the Presets, I end up with a Custom setting.

Yep, all the presets show flat and look the same. I did a reset and it FIXED the issue! Kinda scary, but the picture is also much better now. I swear, I put it back to the same preset, "calibrated dark" and it looks much better. This is making me think anytime there is a firmware update that a full reset is a good idea! Also, the "test connection" didn't work anymore, and reset fixed that also.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #9633 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 592
The tech came two days ago and replace the motherboard. Picture quality is the same. Remote was replaced as well. The remote is more responsive. I also noticed that after using the TV for a few minutes it upgraded the firmware.

We will see if this fixes the pixelation and shutting off issues. My TV is a M601.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #9634 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
The tech came two days ago and replace the motherboard. Picture quality is the same. Remote was replaced as well. The remote is more responsive. I also noticed that after using the TV for a few minutes it upgraded the firmware.

We will see if this fixes the pixelation and shutting off issues. My TV is a M601.
I had Vizio send me a replacement remote like two weeks ago, and just like you, the new one felt WAY more responsive. As I noted a few pages back, my old remote said it was on FW V22/V22 and the new remote says FW V45. Also, the new remote has a much dimmer backlight whereas the old one was incredibly bright. Hopefully that allows for slower battery drain.
post #9635 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'll admit, I wasn't too happy about resetting to factory and recalibrating everything (not to mention setting up my apps/passwords from scratch)...especially since I recently changed all the screen settings.

I must admit, it's worth the trouble. The overall picture quality has improved noticeably after the last two upgrades. I've barely begun tweaking the advanced color settings yet (work in progress), but it can only get better. The one thing I hope changes, is the constant need to un-pair/re-pair the remote, or I'm forced to point directly at the receptor.
post #9636 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai66 View Post
I'll admit, I wasn't too happy about resetting to factory and recalibrating everything (not to mention setting up my apps/passwords from scratch)...especially since I recently changed all the screen settings.

I must admit, it's worth the trouble. The overall picture quality has improved noticeably after the last two upgrades. I've barely begun tweaking the advanced color settings yet (work in progress), but it can only get better. The one thing I hope changes, is the constant need to un-pair/re-pair the remote, or I'm forced to point directly at the receptor.
I had problems with my remote becoming un-paired, but those all went away after 1.34. Been at least a month now since it's done it. Before the firmware patch it would do it at least once a week.
post #9637 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaversa19 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a few issues with my m501d-a2r after the latest firmware update. All of a sudden when I play blu rays on my PS3 or PS4 in the background of the movie a lot of shots the screen is like slightly flashing, not all over the picture just the background and any words that come on the screen (title, universal intro, etc.) are shaky. Its hard to focus on the screen at times. Games look fine on both systems and movies on my FIOS are not shaky. I am using Game mode with the smoothing off for all movie viewing for the record nothing else has been touched setting wise.

I have tried the 1080p/24 On, Off, & Automatic so its not the PS3...

Then I noticed faint vertical lines across the entire set (maybe 2cm wide), they can only be seen upclose mostly on blacks and when you look at an angle (this might just be my OCD and that how the set looks, not entirely sure). Also I have 2 faint inch wide vertical bands or so which I hear are pretty common on LED sets and I just moved the tv to a new angle which is why I might be seeing them now... so I can deal with those.

I am about to wash my hands with this set...I literally went through 6 replacements until I found one that wasnt defective or had some kind of blooming until I finally got this one back in December...Any insight would be awesome, thanks guys!

Anyone at all!! Looking for help here (sorry im impatient)
post #9638 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post

Yep, all the presets show flat and look the same. I did a reset and it FIXED the issue! Kinda scary, but the picture is also much better now. I swear, I put it back to the same preset, "calibrated dark" and it looks much better.

This is making me think anytime there is a firmware update that a full reset is a good idea!

Also, the "test connection" didn't work anymore, and reset fixed that also.

Yes, resets are a good idea when receiving firmware updates, as you, others, and myself have found.

Once you get your Custom Settings they way you want... write them down. They do not always stay.

I'm finding it real tough to get a good White Balance from a Normal Temp setting, such as Calibrated or Calibrated Dark. The darker gains want to stay gray, while the bright ones are 'warm'. (With my Off-Axis view.) I am guessing I am working against a mis-adjusted internal picture setup. (Is there a 'secret' menu access on these Vizios?)

I will probably try do a WB adjustment from a 'Cool' Temp setting and then try my Sepia Tone with the Gain/Offset settings.

I reported in another post that the WB adjustment (if not some other Color Tuner Settings) appeared to be in effect across all Inputs and Preset/Custom settings. However, last night I checked and my latest adjustments did not carry over to the Cable Input where the WB settings were still all at zero. Which is supposed to be which?

- Pj

Vizio M401i-A3 (40") V1.34.31.0080. APC Back-UPS for DHG250 V1.2.21; Did UserConfigReset (no TVGOS Patches, FPC); 653214741 Reset aprx 12am every 4th, 5th, or 6th Thu. No CableCard. OTA & Analog/Digital Cable Service*. ClearStream-4 to DTX9950 to Composite-In of Philips 3576H; RF-In to local Cable*. WMC with WinTV-HVR-2250.
post #9639 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaversa19 View Post

I have a few issues with my M501D-A2R after the latest firmware update...

After you got your firmware update, you did a Factory Reset, yes?

- Pj

post #9640 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post
I had Vizio send me a replacement remote like two weeks ago, and just like you, the new one felt WAY more responsive. As I noted a few pages back, my old remote said it was on FW V22/V22 and the new remote says FW V45. Also, the new remote has a much dimmer backlight whereas the old one was incredibly bright. Hopefully that allows for slower battery drain.
How can you tell what firmware the remote is running? When I look in System Info it says v1.54, but nothing like what you posted.

thanks
post #9641 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotohnz View Post
How can you tell what firmware the remote is running? When I look in System Info it says v1.54, but nothing like what you posted.

thanks
Remove the battery cover, it should be printed on a small white sticker. I'm not 100% sure that it's the firmware of the remote, but it more than likely is.

Old remote:

OZMO FW:V22/V22
UEI FW:X8

New remote:

OZMO FW:V45
UEI FW:X8
post #9642 of 9643 Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do the new vizio m series from 2014 accept 0-255 color? can they change between it? I'm using a HTPC with a nvidia gpu for my m492i but idk whether to output 0-255 or 16-235 to xbmc/mpc-hc
post #9643 of 9643 Old Today, 12:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post
Do the new vizio m series from 2014 accept 0-255 color? can they change between it? I'm using a HTPC with a nvidia gpu for my m492i but idk whether to output 0-255 or 16-235 to xbmc/mpc-hc
Use 16-235 for movies as that is the rec 709 standard. PC applications can have a wider range but for movies we use 220 out of the 256 scale.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page