Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 325 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9721 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 01:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So IF you have and old/extra wireless router, ... try disabling all DHCP via its config, set its wireless network to a channel other than your main router, connect a cable from your DVR to one of it's LAN (not WAN) ports and you've now created (in essence) a wireless bridge to move your TV's wireless away from your main use frequencies. If you'd like to maintain admin access to this new router, reserve an IP address in your main router (e.g. 192.168.X.Y) and then set the LAN network address to 192.168.X.Y in the router you just added.

NOW, that all said, you could just as easily do this same setup wherever your main router resides or wherever you DO have access to a wired connection. This way your not held "hostage" to any quirks there may be in the implementation of the DVR's ethernet pass through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
I have to thank you again for your posts, they piqued my interest and I had a few ideas. Although none of them solved my problem I learned a bit more about my equipment.

First - Thought I'd test plugging an RJ45 into the Vizio. A cable alone has no effect, then I remembered my Apple TV has an Ethernet port, maybe it will extend the WiFi like an AirPort Express will. No go, ATV will not extend. BUT it created a link which did shut down the Vizio's primary network (but because of no connectivity I couldn't get an address). UNFORTUNATELY - the AdHoc network is still broadcasting when the primary WiFi is disabled. This actually makes sence since some would want a wired network and WiFi remote. This means there is no way to defeat the AdHoc network without help from Vizio.

Second - As I lamented that Apple TV wasn't as nimble as an AirPort, I remembered that my AT&T VIP2250 DVR also had an Ethernet port, was already hardwired to the router via RG6, and had an IP address (I can see it on the routers summary page). I then tried to connect the Vizio to the 2250, success. The2250 acts as a network media converter and forwards the Ethernet port through it's Coax / HPNA connection.

So, no need to get the kid next door to crawl under the house, the wired RG6 and Ethernet port on the 2250 could connect a small switch and all the devices in my entertainment center could be wired. Although this won't get rid of the AdHoc, possibly eliminating this other 'noise' will improve my AirPlay situation. Though I will continue to hound Vizio to allow this 'rude' AdHoc network to be shutdown.

Thanks again for helping me think this through.

Last edited by rakstr; 08-02-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9722 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktx49 View Post

...My original settings did not disappear after receiving the latest firmware... my picture did not change at all.

However if I go to the new settings that were added with the update, it doesn't reflect the old changes I made.

I made several changes to the color gain/offsets etc pre-update and after getting the update,
when I go to the *new* color tuner it shows all the settings as default even though they are clearly NOT default...

This is what I experienced, also - along with others here. Most, if not all, did a Factory Reset.

- Pj
2013 Vizio M-Series M401i-A3 (40-inch) TV. The Latest Firmware I have: V1.34.44.0080. The M401i-A3 Thread. My Latest Settings (For the A3 Panel).
The Vizio M-Series Razor Thread covers all Models 2013 & 2014. I have a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
connected to a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to the Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local Cable to RF-In. Using: Win7 Pro and FireFox 32.

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 08-29-2014 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Changed Quoted Text Color
post #9723 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Direct-ii-viziotv "off"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
So IF you have and old/extra wireless router, ... try disabling all DHCP via its config, set its wireless network to a channel other than your main router, connect a cable from your DVR to one of it's LAN (not WAN) ports and you've now created (in essence) a wireless bridge to move your TV's wireless away from your main use frequencies. If you'd like to maintain admin access to this new router, reserve an IP address in your main router (e.g. 192.168.X.Y) and then set the LAN network address to 192.168.X.Y in the router you just added.

NOW, that all said, you could just as easily do this same setup wherever your main router resides or wherever you DO have access to a wired connection. This way your not held "hostage" to any quirks there may be in the implementation of the DVR's ethernet pass through.
Thanks again for your ideas. I'm going to pursue more hardwiring and shutdown as much WiFi as possible. I may later run a CAT-6 back to the router to eliminate the 2250 as a possible bottleneck (my original design was hardwired but I got lazy), and I'm still going to continue pressuring Vizio for an AdHoc On/Off option.
post #9724 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Firstly, thanks for sharing all your hard work.
I've followed your calibration settings, and things look nice on my M701d-A3R! I'm wondering why there are 3 different white point settings?? Which one are you using?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flargosa View Post
Hi guys, been spending hours calibrating my Vizio (M701d-A3R), 18-20 hrs spent so far. My post calibration graphs and tv picture settings are below. The gamma past 80% is slightly high, just reduce the contrast a few clicks to correct it. You guys are welcome to try it out. Important! from Picture mode chose Calibrate, then apply the settings from there. All advance picture enhancements are off in mine.

I am using the i1Display Pro and Chromapure. I'll tweak it more once I am done with my Plasma.
post #9725 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globespy View Post
Firstly, thanks for sharing all your hard work.
I've followed your calibration settings, and things look nice on my M701d-A3R! I'm wondering why there are 3 different white point settings?? Which one are you using?
Thanks!
Those are minor tweaks for each white point settings at three different gains. Use all three to get a neutral white point.

Last edited by flargosa; 08-02-2014 at 01:55 PM.
post #9726 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edp352 View Post
Is anyone getting bad battery drain from the remote? I bought a M552i-B2 last week and have already had to change the batteries twice. The last pair only lasted 2 days. Can I fix this?

Last year I was going through batteries in my Vizio remote every couple of weeks. I measured current draw at 100 mA at 3V. After lots of complaining, Vizio sent me a second remote which also drew 100 mA. So I just started leaving one of the batteries out.

After the firmware update I put new batteries in the first remote and paired it, and the batteries were dead in two weeks. Then I put new batteries in the second remote and paired it. It’s been almost two weeks now and the battery level on the remote status information is still showing 100%.
post #9727 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not understanding. In professional setup for 'color tuner', there is only one section/take for '11 point white balance', not 3 separate?
I can only enter one set of data to my profile, not 3.
Unless you are saying that you use the same data in the color tuner section for 3 separate picture profiles, hence the 3 different 11 point white balance?

Quote:
Those are minor tweaks for each white point settings at three different gains. Use all three to get a neutral white point.
post #9728 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not understanding. In professional setup for 'color tuner', there is only one section/take for '11 point white balance', not 3 separate?
I can only enter one set of data to my profile, not 3.
Unless you are saying that you use the same data in the color tuner section for 3 separate picture profiles, hence the 3 different 11 point white balance?
The gain on the very left can be moved from 10% to 100% the separate settings are applied at 30, 40 and 100%. If you do not have that option you probably have the old firmware and need to update to the most recent one.

Last edited by flargosa; 08-02-2014 at 03:52 PM.
post #9729 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
The gain on the very left can be moved from 10% to 100% the separate settings are applied at 30, 40 and 100%.
??? Are you saying that the settings made at gains other than 30, 40 and 100% are discarded or disregarded? Or are you saying that you only needed to make adjustments at 30, 40 and 100% and that you left the settings at all other gains at their default values (which I believe are all zeros).
post #9730 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 05:18 PM

My TV is connected 24/7 to the internet. When did this new firmware come out?
Thanks.

Edit:
I figured it out. I didn't realize that different settings could be saved for different ranges of gain. Thanks.

Quote:
The gain on the very left can be moved from 10% to 100% the separate settings are applied at 30, 40 and 100%. If you do not have that option you probably have the old firmware and need to update to the most recent one.

Last edited by Globespy; 08-02-2014 at 05:31 PM.
post #9731 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
he showed you three different levels to choose for the Gain and the subsequent settings for each one. the firmware update seems to arrive randomly and the best way to insure you receive the update is making sure your internet is connected to the TV and that your internet is staying on 24/7.

anyways I wanted to ask a question to those who have spent a lot of time calibrating their M-Series picture.....i noticed almost all of the popular picture settings in this thread are using the "Normal" Color Temperature setting before making any additional changes/calibrations. however when I select "Normal", my whites are just terribly beige-tinted and I just now realized that I've been using "Computer" for all my successful picture profiles.

is there a reason you guys all use "Normal" as your starting point? it seems like flesh/tones and whites are way off even with the tweaks and changes you guys make afterwards...only remedy for me is to start with color temperature as "Computer" and go from there.....i mean the colors just look way more accurate and require much less tuning. is there any reason to NOT use the other 2 temp settings?

thanks

Last edited by ktx49; 08-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.
post #9732 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Here are Calibration setting for the M80. These settings fix the Red error from my previous settings.

The software I was using received an update to fix errors in the readings that were causing me to get incorrect results. Please disregard my previous settings.

Thank you.
Mine didn't have red screens for the first couple weeks after update, then a few days ago started doing it without any changes or tweaking (that I recall anyway). So I tried these color settings and the red is gone, and the colors look pretty good on M651d. Thanks for these.

Quote:
he showed you three different levels to choose for the Gain and the subsequent settings for each one. the firmware update seems to arrive randomly and the best way to insure you receive the update is making sure your internet is connected to the TV and that your internet is staying on 24/7.

anyways I wanted to ask a question to those who have spent a lot of time calibrating their M-Series picture.....i noticed almost all of the popular picture settings in this thread are using the "Normal" Color Temperature setting before making any additional changes/calibrations. however when I select "Normal", my whites are just terribly beige-tinted and I just now realized that I've been using "Computer" for all my successful picture profiles.

is there a reason you guys all use "Normal" as your starting point? it seems like flesh/tones and whites are way off even with the tweaks and changes you guys make afterwards...only remedy for me is to start with color temperature as "Computer" and go from there.....i mean the colors just look way more accurate and require much less tuning. is there any reason to NOT use the other 2 temp settings?

thanks
Have you adjusted white balance settings? Also, I think the M551 color settings (or the 50, I don't recall which I tried) seemed way off on the M651; yet the other settings were very nice. Either way, all of them I've tried are better than OEM settings.

Last edited by trey31; 08-02-2014 at 07:41 PM.
post #9733 of 9888 Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 PM

Thanks. Yeah, figured it out. Learned something new!
And yes, the computer color setting is by far the best. Normal and warm are too... Warm. Cool is close, but computer is indeed the best, at least IMO.

Quote:

thanks

Last edited by Globespy; 08-02-2014 at 08:56 PM.
post #9734 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 03:07 PM

yup I agree in terms of general color/flesh tone accuracy plus the true whiteness of the whites id order it the same way.

Best to Worst IMO i'd say its: Computer, then Cool, with Normal being the worst.

which brings me back to my question...why are so many people ITT, some of whom are obviously experienced in calibrating TVs, going with the "Normal" color temp setting as their baseline? there has to be a good reason. Even though I'm fully aware that each individual M-Series(2013) TV set is a little different and requires its own unique settings/tweaks...I feel like this is something that is probably NOT very different from set to set.

Quote:
Have you adjusted white balance settings?
yeah I have...but I'm basically talking about the color temperature settings effect as a baseline, BEFORE making additional changes lets say a brand new set or one that's been reset to all default settings....try it for yourself and report back. obviously you can always adjust things further and correct any problems, but why not just make life easier and begin the process from a better starting point?

Last edited by ktx49; 08-03-2014 at 03:24 PM.
post #9735 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Must be those 'rose-tinted' glasses they wear?

Quote:
yup I agree in terms of general color/flesh tone accuracy plus the true whiteness of the whites id order it the same way.

Best to Worst IMO i'd say its: Computer, then Cool, with Normal being the worst.

which brings me back to my question...why are so many people ITT, some of whom are obviously experienced in calibrating TVs, going with the "Normal" color temp setting as their baseline? there has to be a good reason. Even though I'm fully aware that each individual M-Series(2013) TV set is a little different and requires its own unique settings/tweaks...I feel like this is something that is probably NOT very different from set to set.
post #9736 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:

The color temp is a setting used to give you a white that is as close to reference as possible. The Reference color temp is 6507K and the one that is closest is the Normal setting. The Cool and Computer are both in the higher end of the scale giving you a blueish white. Computer is the lesser of the two evils. This is something that if you do not know what reference is you may not know what to look for. Pick the one that looks best to you however know this there is a standard for HD & UHD and if you want to get the picture as close to what the director intended you should follow the standard.
lotohnz, CleCakYngMfd and trey31 like this.
post #9737 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 04:28 PM

awesome thanks for the answer.

i knew there was a good reason for so many people using it as their starting point. maybe my set is different or its my particular lighting in the room where my TV is used...but for me "Normal" temp is the farthest from what I would deem actual white. its extremely off-white almost pink-beige color to the point of being noticeable if not distracting during normal TV viewing.

i agree though, "Cool" definitely has a blue-ish hue to but the hue is much less saturated than the beige-pink "Normal" temp setting.

maybe its a combination of things, including my own eyes.
post #9738 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

^ A TV accurately reproducing color has been the rare exception rather than the rule. TVs set with bluer than standard whites have been a norm almost since the introduction of the color TV. It didn't take long for TV manufacturers to figure out that setting the TVs grayscale to a bluer white than the illuminant D65 standard would result in a brighter looking picture. They also figured out how to somewhat compensate for this by skewing the accuracy of the TV's color decoder (red push). The brighter picture won out over the more accurate picture when it came to marketing. This also led to TV manufacturers ignoring other color TV standards, such as the primary colors, also in an attempt to achieve a brighter picture.

The general public tends to believe what they've been told by the TV manufacturers for years, that settings on the TV should be adjusted until they "look good" to the viewer, and the derived implication that the correct settings are the one that results in the most pleasing picture to the viewer. The fact that color TV does have a reference standard, and using that reference standard for all parameters should result in the picture seen on the TV at home being identical in color and picture quality to that which was seen on the studio monitors when the video was mastered, is something that many are still unaware of.

The image resulting from a TV correctly set to the reference standards is certainly not what most are used to.
lotohnz and CleCakYngMfd like this.
post #9739 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

...For me, "Normal" temp is the farthest from what I would deem actual white. It is extremely off-white almost pink-beige color to the point of being noticeable if not distracting during normal TV viewing.

Maybe someone will fill-in the technical on this, but it not about the 'Normal' setting trying to be a pure white. (Am I on the right track on this, folks?)

The 'pink' part can be reduced by keeping the Contrast setting below 68, maybe even set at 65 (Off-Axis views). From there, one can adjust the Backlight setting with it Off or High/Med/Low. It helped reduce my 'overly pink' bright whites, but at 'Normal' it is normal for that 'Beige' look.

I wish there was a built-in Warm(er) and Sepia (Light/Med/Dark) setting, myself.

I find anything other than the 'Normal Temperature' setting is harsh viewing to my eyes, especially with extended viewing at times. No doubt if one is use to viewing Cool for long time, Normal is going be a 'shock'.

Watching B&W programs with 'Cool' is not my bottle of Virgil's Root Beer. It must be 'Normal' or my 'Sepia' setting!

- Pj
2013 Vizio M-Series M401i-A3 (40-inch) TV. The Latest Firmware I have: V1.34.44.0080. The M401i-A3 Thread. My Latest Settings (For the A3 Panel).
The Vizio M-Series Razor Thread covers all Models 2013 & 2014. I have a
connected to a
to the Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local Cable to RF-In. Using: Win7 Pro and FireFox 32.

Last edited by CleCakYngMfd; 08-29-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Changed Quoted Text Color
post #9740 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 05:50 PM

If 'normal' is how the producer wanted the viewer to see it, he's not referring to this TV. Going to a good movie theater/imax is not as pink/beige as the Vizio normal setting, if it was I would stop going to the movies! I think the standard is relative to the set it's being viewed on.
Or maybe it's just my eyes!
post #9741 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If 'normal' is how the producer wanted the viewer to see it, he's not referring to this TV. Going to a good movie theater/imax is not as pink/beige as the Vizio normal setting, if it was I would stop going to the movies! I think the standard is relative to the set it's being viewed on.
No sorry for the misunderstanding I am telling you the "normal mode on this TV is the "closest" you can get to the recommended color temp. This is an adjustment that you must do with equipment. I have calibrated several Vizio's and this remains true for all this far. The cool and computer color temp is not working acceptable standards range. The thing is if you do not have an eye for the standard, go for what makes you love viewing movies at home. The pinkish/beige you notice may be due to your CMS levels which again can not be adjusted by eye you require a meter for that.

Also remember that TV's sell better with the cool setting as visually blue hued whites catch out eye better than true white.

The D65 standard is used rare by the home viewer and once you switch to it it may take some time to get used to it.

Check out a nice read done by CNET on color temperature. Maybe that will help you understand things better.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.

Last edited by PlayNice; 08-03-2014 at 06:07 PM.
post #9742 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Thanks. Admittedly, I'm no expert. I suppose at the end of the day I'm going to choose what is pleasing to my eyes, regardless of the standards. Like music, it's a subjective thing and we are all unique.
post #9743 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is your view of the TV perhaps surrounded by something of a somewhat blue-green color? Perhaps even fluorescent lighting? Anything other than a perfect gray will skew the perception of the color you are seeing on the TV.

I've not yet seen any confirmation that the NORMAL color temp with the new firmware is either identical to the old NORMAL, or how close it is to D65 across the grayscale if it is not.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
post #9744 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
Is your view of the TV perhaps surrounded by something of a somewhat blue-green color? Perhaps even fluorescent lighting? Anything other than a perfect gray will skew the perception of the color you are seeing on the TV.

I've not yet seen any confirmation that the NORMAL color temp with the new firmware is either identical to the old NORMAL, or how close it is to D65 across the grayscale if it is not.
While I do measurements with Calman Professional ISF edition and the Klein K-10A meter it reads 6500-6600 on average under the normal setting.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
post #9745 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
While I do measurements with Calman Professional ISF edition and the Klein K-10A meter it reads 6500-6600 on average under the normal setting.
Thanks for the confirmation on that!
post #9746 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have always been a bit perplexed by the "normal" or "warm" temperature settings on TVs. In all of my attempts, I've never been able to achieve white without using a cool setting. I tried a whole bunch of settings on my new M60 and nothing on normal looked ok to me. I switched to computer for now, though I'm still tinkering.

Normal always carries a yellow tint to any and all white to me.

On an unrelated note, I've been playing around with my settings and noticed that I'm getting text "flickering" at times from my cable box. Usually commercials. I've never seen it before, so I'm wondering if it's simply the product of having a larger screen for the first time? It's rather distracting, but it's not impacting regular viewing. Just not sure how to take care of it.
post #9747 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Add me to the camp that feels "Normal" is too yellow/dingy. I tried using the "Normal" setting for an extended period of time, but anything that had large amounts of white just looked horrible.
post #9748 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 08:19 PM

thanks for the responses. i think i understand now what you guys are getting at with the Normal temp setting but let me run it back just to be sure...

so basically your saying that almost no modern TV set produces "accurate" colors out of the box(at least according to standardized values you've mentioned)...and the 2013 M-Series is no different. your also saying that per these same standardized colors, the closest/most accurate preset Color Temp is the "Normal" setting and that Computer/Cool are really far off these values?

i do think the lighting/setting probably makes things different for everyone, but unless I've been lied to my whole life, I've always thought true-white was basically the absence of any color-specific tint or hue. with my custom settings based off the Computer temp setting, I've never had an image on my 60" screen that made me say wow my colors are off or anything that was a huge difference color-wise between my TV and say my computer/phone/other TVs.

however its another story with the white. it was one of the first things i changed with my vizio....like i said, the white is so far off using hte Normal temp that it actually distracts me. al most none of the custom settings that ive seen in this thread really fix the white problem either(at least not on my set).

Last edited by ktx49; 08-03-2014 at 08:34 PM.
post #9749 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
so basically your saying that almost no modern TV set produces "accurate" colors out of the box(at least according to standardized values you've mentioned)...and the 2013 M-Series is no different. your also saying that per these same standardized colors, the closest/most accurate preset Color Temp is the "Normal" setting and that Computer/Cool are really far off these values?
Actually, more and more TVs today offer preset settings that are fairly close to accurate. Awareness of accurate color TV reproduction really started coming about in the 1990s, and since then there has slowly been more conformity to standards. However if left completely at out of the box settings, most TVs are still setup for bright, intense images to be eye catching in the store (what you may hear referred to as "torch mode"). "Normal" is the most accurate preset for Color Temp on the Vizio (which is actually the color of the black and white image if all the color is removed). Computer and Cool are not as accurate as Normal. This is not the only setting that can effect the color of whites that you see in the image. Having the contrast set too high will keep the color of the brightest whites from being correct. Color and tint settings can also effect the both the color and perceived color of whites in a color video.

Using D65 illuminant as the standard "white point"/"Grayscale"/"Color Temp" really has nothing to do with "True White". It simply is the reference for what the color should be when there is a complete absence of color signal in the video. It is possible to use a different color temp as a standard and still get completely accurate results, as long as that standard is used both for producing the video and reproducing the video. The original 1953 NTSC Color TV standards used CIE Standard Illuminant C (at 6770º K) as a standard rather than D65. Although being part of the Federal Code of Regulations since 1953, the NTSC standards for color were abandoned almost immediately by TV manufacturers attempting to market a brighter picture. Today all SD and HD television video is produced with D65 as the standard color temp.
CleCakYngMfd likes this.
post #9750 of 9888 Old 08-03-2014, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Thanks. Admittedly, I'm no expert. I suppose at the end of the day I'm going to choose what is pleasing to my eyes, regardless of the standards. Like music, it's a subjective thing and we are all unique.
I don't think there is a standard set that all content producers follow for music though.

The idea behind the standard for films is this: If your TV is set as close to the standard as possible, and by that we're talking both the grayscale and the color management, you will then be seeing what the director wanted you to see.

The example I always use is The Matrix. Throughout the movie while inside the Matrix, you'd notice a greenish color. If someone just tunes the settings to what is pleasing to his eyes, he may change the color settings to rid the greenish look. While doing this is pleasing yes, but you will then miss out on what the movie makers intended for their audience to see.

If there was a setting you can tweak to give Schindler's List and/or Sin City color, would you do it?

Same argument can be given about aspect ratio, with people changing aspect ratio settings to make the black bars go away.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page