Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 330 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9871 of 9884 Old 09-24-2014, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 30
M501D-A20r updated fw again

M501D-A20r updated v1.34.46.1166_125. As usual with Vizio, it is not clear what has been changed. Nothing was obvious, it likely was in the various apps, most of which I do not use myself. Please wake up Vizio (I know they likely do not monitor this forum!).
lotohnz and trey31 like this.

Vizio M501D-A2r hdtv, Sony STR-DN1050 AVR, Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray, Samsung BD-UP5000 HD-DVD/Blu-ray combo, Roku 3, Apple TV
other older items of various types and vintages

Last edited by mhobart; 09-24-2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Typo in minor version numbers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9872 of 9884 Old 09-24-2014, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Shreve II View Post
I'm having trouble with the getting the perfect amount of white without making it too dark, when playing games if there is a fog effect it impossible to see threw it.
I have the same problem with multiple games on multiple systems, I have the newest firmware that lets you adjust the white balances and advanced color tweaking. If any one else has found a way around this problem please post all of your settings for me. I would appreciate it a lot and thank you for your time.. This once again is for a VIZIO M401i-A3 40-Inch
Hi Dennis,

I am gaming only on my Vizio 80" now. Normally I had my monitor for gaming, but have switched to Vizio for everything now (Movies/PC Monitor/Console Gaming). I am not experiencing what you mention. I am using PlayNice's settings from a few pages back (or maybe it was in the Vizio 80" thread). He may have adjusted white balance; however, I have not tackled that in my adjustments. Only the main settings and color adjustments. Maybe do a factor reset to get back to factory settings and try these (the following is for Day viewing, I think for Night viewing it is backlight 38ish being only difference):

I adjusted Game mode to a Custom Xbox One settings below:

backlight 61
brightness 51
contrast 51
color 38
tint -4
sharpness 20

for game mode generally everything else is "off" under additional settings if I remember correctly. I do have some uniformity(clouding) or whatever the term is in black screens; however, this is common with the edge lit tech the way I understand it. However, I have no fog that complicates the image in game and the clouding (or whatever the correct term is) does not impact gaming in a negative way.

I am doing these from memory, so maybe check on PlayNice's settings to make sure I am remembering correctly. Additionally, I have been playing a lot of Destiny on Xbox One and to adjust for darkness in the game world I keep PlayNice's settings and moved the Destiny brightness slider in game to deal with shadow areas. But once I set it once for preference, I leave that alone.

Again, I assume the 40" and 80" settings are fairly similar (generally speaking); however, there may be an issue with your set??? What games are giving you this "fog effect" since you mention it is more than one system.

Not sure if this helps, but just posting my settings. I am very pleased with the Vizio as a gaming monitor.

Good luck!

PS: My mistake, I see that this is the "i" thread!!!! My TV is the M801d-A3. I see you have the "i" version, not sure the difference, have not researched that. Guessing they are both edge lit though. Maybe someone else can speak to how consistent settings are between "d" and "i" version.
Dennis Shreve II likes this.

Last edited by Dr.Savage; 09-24-2014 at 05:39 AM.
post #9873 of 9884 Old 09-24-2014, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Savage View Post
I have the 80". I was noticing more than 40ms lag (with Game Mode turned on). I pulled out the CRT monitor/Camera and laptop to take some measurements, and saw I was around 150ms (on average) on HDMI 1. Game mode was On. I used Pinball FX 2 as my nonscientific input lag measurement, and I knew that the set wasn't 40ms, thus why I tried to make it more scientific. Once I realized something was wrong, I wondered if ARC on HDMI 1 was the culprit. When switching to HDMI 4, I was on average at the 40ms range. Also Pinball FX 2 felt correct. ***My apologies if ARC is known to increase input lag.***

I searched back a number of pages, but do not see any reference to ARC causing additional input lag. Does this seem possible? Or is it user error? I am pretty sure I did the tests correctly (camera, CRT, Game mode On, multiple readings, subtracted correctly :P etc) I am going to try a few more tests over the next few days (rechecking HDMI 1, as well as the other HDMIs and do some testing with Smooth Motion OFF, Low, Med, and High and see what that does. But either way, now that I have the 40ms dialed in, I have found my all purpose TV (Gaming/3D/Movies) After the testing, I will set up my PC (steam) for it as well. Good times! I was getting when I thought 40ms gave a pinball experience as bad as it was appearing). Luckily going scientific, I saw an almost 4 times 40ms reading (150ms) for whatever reason (HDMI 1?). I had used a 34ms display prior and I knew 40ms should not be what I was experiencing. If you guys are running into this, try another HDMI, and I will follow up once I test the lag again to make sure it wasn't my screw up.

Any opinions would be welcome
Your 80" most likely supports a 119.878Hz refresh rate for PC (you mentioned Steam) at 1080p, and will accept 240Hz input for 1600x900 (with reduced timings) and 1280x720. Although the panel only displays 120.00Hz and drops the additional frames (frame skipping) however 240Hz still allows us to play at 240 frames per second without screen tearing, as long as vsync is on or set to adaptive, with an extremely miniscule amount of input lag. It is really great for fast twitch games. REALLY GREAT.

I can send you (or upload) a custom EDID for it. I use moninfo and CRU to basically edit about anything I want; bit depth, color mode, input connector, 4:4:4 color, VESA Std timings, custom resolutions (including downsampling), custom refresh rates, etc. All you'd have to do is update the monitor driver.
post #9874 of 9884 Old 09-25-2014, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Led zones below for M series

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #9875 of 9884 Old 09-25-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 594
I've been searching online for the past 2 hours about this issue.

Model: Vizio M601D-A3R. Vizio has replaced my TV twice under warranty. I've had this TV for about a month now. When I first got the TV everything was working well. I turn on the TV, and the screen would be black until the signal was recognize. Now, I turn on the TV, and the screen is blue, and after several seconds it turns black until the signal is recognized. My first TV has this issue, and Vizio replaced it under warranty with a refurbished one.

My current TV works okay, with the exception that the remote loses connection once for a few seconds once in a while. Now, I'm worried that this TV is going to have the same issues as my first TV (blue screen, unresponsive remote and unable to sync the remote). I think the TV might be in its early stages of malfunction.

So, I wanted to ask if anyone else has had the blue screen issue while powering on?

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9876 of 9884 Old 09-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
I've been searching online for the past 2 hours about this issue.

Model: Vizio M601D-A3R. Vizio has replaced my TV twice under warranty. I've had this TV for about a month now. When I first got the TV everything was working well. I turn on the TV, and the screen would be black until the signal was recognize. Now, I turn on the TV, and the screen is blue, and after several seconds it turns black until the signal is recognized. My first TV has this issue, and Vizio replaced it under warranty with a refurbished one.

My current TV works okay, with the exception that the remote loses connection once for a few seconds once in a while. Now, I'm worried that this TV is going to have the same issues as my first TV (blue screen, unresponsive remote and unable to sync the remote). I think the TV might be in its early stages of malfunction.

So, I wanted to ask if anyone else has had the blue screen issue while powering on?
The blue screen on power on or any color screen in that matter... It's a firmware issue nothing more. It happens if you customize you settings with the new firmware for some odd reason. However I have noticed if you do see a color momentarily on startup then your tv settings may be over saturated with that color.
post #9877 of 9884 Old 09-26-2014, 02:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
The blue screen on power on or any color screen in that matter... It's a firmware issue nothing more. It happens if you customize you settings with the new firmware for some odd reason. However I have noticed if you do see a color momentarily on startup then your tv settings may be over saturated with that color.
Well, I'm using the calibration settings done by CNet, which worked fine prior the last update. I'll look into it some more thanks.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

Home Theater Set Up:

post #9878 of 9884 Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
Well, I'm using the calibration settings done by CNet, which worked fine prior the last update. I'll look into it some more thanks.
Calibrated settings do not always transfer over from set to set. Every set can and more than likely will have different settings. Using ones settings does not insure you get a calibrated picture. I have calibrated about 5 Vizio M80's and all have differed in the settings.

Put your set on one if the default inputs then turn it off and back on again you will notice you do not get any color at boot up. This is just a firmware issue and will be resolved with the next update that's why prior to the last update you had no issue.

If you contact Vizio's support you may get someone that understands this. I have a contact inside Vizio that I was working with that confirmed this for me.
post #9879 of 9884 Old 09-26-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobart View Post
M501D-A20r updated v1.34.46.1166_125. As usual with Vizio, it is not clear what has been changed. Nothing was obvious, it likely was in the various apps, most of which I do not use myself. Please wake up Vizio (I know they likely do not monitor this forum!).
Doubt this is a complete list of changes but...

Chat transcript:
Visitor: Any way to get info on what was changed in the lastest firmware update?

M551d-A2R
V1.34.46.1166_125
Stormi: This update resolved some issues that your Netflix application may have been experiencing. It installed minor changes within the application. The other change within the firmware update prevents the TV from automatically powering on after a power surge.
Stormi: Do you have any other questions for me at this time?
Visitor: No, thanks.
KC-Technerd, mhobart and lotohnz like this.
post #9880 of 9884 Old 09-26-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporster View Post
Doubt this is a complete list of changes but...

Chat transcript:
Visitor: Any way to get info on what was changed in the lastest firmware update?

M551d-A2R
V1.34.46.1166_125
Stormi: This update resolved some issues that your Netflix application may have been experiencing. It installed minor changes within the application. The other change within the firmware update prevents the TV from automatically powering on after a power surge.
Stormi: Do you have any other questions for me at this time?
Visitor: No, thanks.
Thanks for the info. You are one of the very few who actually has some information on what was in a Vizio firmware update. Why don't they simply put this information online, that would be so easy and convenient?

Thanks again,
Mike

Vizio M501D-A2r hdtv, Sony STR-DN1050 AVR, Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray, Samsung BD-UP5000 HD-DVD/Blu-ray combo, Roku 3, Apple TV
other older items of various types and vintages
post #9881 of 9884 Old 09-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
Calibrated settings do not always transfer over from set to set. Every set can and more than likely will have different settings. Using ones settings does not insure you get a calibrated picture. I have calibrated about 5 Vizio M80's and all have differed in the settings.

Put your set on one if the default inputs then turn it off and back on again you will notice you do not get any color at boot up. This is just a firmware issue and will be resolved with the next update that's why prior to the last update you had no issue.

If you contact Vizio's support you may get someone that understands this. I have a contact inside Vizio that I was working with that confirmed this for me.
ive actually didn't make any changes in advanced settings and i noticed the same thing happening. ive only changed the motion settings and basic settings it does it even after a factory reset. so maybe it is just a firmware issue.
post #9882 of 9884 Old 09-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf13 View Post
ive actually didn't make any changes in advanced settings and i noticed the same thing happening. ive only changed the motion settings and basic settings it does it even after a factory reset. so maybe it is just a firmware issue.
It usually happens if tint and/or color is adjusted. It should be fixed with the next update.

The main point is it is not an problem with the set.
post #9883 of 9884 Old 09-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by flargosa View Post
Hi guys, been spending hours calibrating my Vizio (M701d-A3R), 18-20 hrs spent so far. My post calibration graphs and tv picture settings are below. The gamma past 80% is slightly high, just reduce the contrast a few clicks to correct it. You guys are welcome to try it out. Important! from Picture mode chose Calibrate, then apply the settings from there. All advance picture enhancements are off in mine.

I am using the i1Display Pro and Chromapure. I'll tweak it more once I am done with my Plasma.
Is this the setting most of you guys are using for you 70" M-Series TV's?

I have not done ANY changes to mine since the new update introduced these new advanced calibration settings.

Should I go with these or are there any better ones available?

Thanks so much
post #9884 of 9884 Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa99 View Post
Well, I said in my last post that it was my final calibration and for that type of calibration it was. This one is a full blown calibration. As usual, I have no idea if these will translate properly to other Vizio's so please take them in that spirit...
I've found that my prior calibration while pretty good didn't include calibrating the Yellow, Cyan and Magenta shades to make the colors the correct hues. For me this made enough of a difference that I thought I'd post them. So with all that said here goes:

Good Luck,
Ursa
Are these Ursa settings still the ones that are the best to use?

Looking for a good calibration for my 70" M-Series

I tried the one from flargosa and it is very odd looking and for some reason makes my screen BRIGHT Blue at start-up and then takes a few seconds while in like a horrific looking Vivid mode before the settings take effect.

I need something that works and looks good.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page