Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 339 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10141 of 10146 Old Today, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In post on June 22, 2014, Playnice listed his calibration settings for the color tuner and 11 point white balance. I have used these settings ever since and have found them to be excellent. I wonder if after the recent update and with the flesh tone issues that have have been noted in this thread, whether there are adjustments to these settings that might solve or at least ameliorate the the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10142 of 10146 Old Today, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all,

Just bought an M602i-B3 that should be arriving on Saturday. I've read back a few pages, should I bother updating to 1.6? firmware? It sounds like some people are having some issues but maybe there are fixes in there that are worth the hassle? Sorry, bit late to the scene as I've seen most of you had your TV's for quite a while.

Also, has anyone posted post-1.6 calibration settings that work for them? I'd use the Cnet ones but they may not work well now?

Look forward to hanging out
post #10143 of 10146 Old Today, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisD87 View Post
Hello all,

Just bought an M602i-B3 that should be arriving on Saturday. I've read back a few pages, should I bother updating to 1.6? firmware? It sounds like some people are having some issues but maybe there are fixes in there that are worth the hassle? Sorry, bit late to the scene as I've seen most of you had your TV's for quite a while.

Also, has anyone posted post-1.6 calibration settings that work for them? I'd use the Cnet ones but they may not work well now?

Look forward to hanging out
Welcome,

Two things real quick. Visio gives the end user no control over firmware updates, short of not connecting to Internet.

And this thread is for the 2013 M series. A different thread exists for the 2014 model: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/showth...2&goto=newpost
post #10144 of 10146 Old Today, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post
Welcome,

Two things real quick. Visio gives the end user no control over firmware updates, short of not connecting to Internet.

And this thread is for the 2013 M series. A different thread exists for the 2014 model: Removed link as I have less than 5 posts to quote it[/url]
Oh jeeze haha thank you for the point in the right direction!
post #10145 of 10146 Old Today, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I finally got time to make my service calls about these issues. First I called Costco concierge technical support. I had to run through the factory reset and power cycle protocols, which of course did not fix the issues. Costco can do nothing else beyond that. They are simply adding one more year to the manufacturers warranty. So they had me call Vizio next. Very pleasant experience. Because I had done the reset and power cycle with Costco, they did not have me do it again. But what was interesting is that it appears that my 1.6FW update did not load ALL of the latest settings. He said "smart dimming" should be gone from the menu and replaced with something like "active LED zones." This at least explains why some of us have different menus right now. Also, he had a 70 incher in their office. He went over to it and turned smart dimming off, turned the tv off, turned it back on, saw the SD showing off in the menu, turned SD on - then off, and saw what we see - that SD resets to always on after a power cycle. He even showed it to his supervisor. He was unable to demonstrate the extremely bright display for a few seconds after an input change or power cycle.

I am encouraged that they can actually duplicate the problem with SD there. But they said there is no way to go back to the old FW. And they could give no timetable for a new FW. So I am now waiting for a service call to come out and service my display. They may not have to actually open up the unit. Because it appears that the 1.6 did not load completely, they are hoping that they could fix it by just physically loading the new, complete FW. But if that does not fix it, I'm afraid they will have to crack open the TV. I'll keep you posted...
post #10146 of 10146 Old Today, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Looking forward to the updates.

However, on my sets I have the following
  • 1.34 on M65 -> Active LED Zones
  • 1.60 on M40 -> Smart Dimming
  • 1.60 on M47 -> Smart Dimming
  • 1.60 on M70 -> Smart Dimming
I'm a little concerned about what he told you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8doggr View Post
He said "smart dimming" should be gone from the menu and replaced with something like "active LED zones." This at least explains why some of us have different menus right now.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread