Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 340 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #10171 of 10173 Unread Today, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 92
So my local repair guy has the new board and says he has to install it by Monday or he has to ship it back!

This is so damn stupid ... why would Vizio even want to pay to have this done and pay for more hardware when ITS NOT a hardware issue and they know that.

I am not sure if I am going to tell him to return it and I will keep bugging Vizio for the correct fix or escalate this further somehow.

But knowing how long it takes for Vizio to release new firmware we could be waiting Many Many Months for an update knowing them.

I am VERY Pissed at Vizio for this and I think if they don;t make this right The "Correct" way I may be done with them.

They have descent CS overall and I guess they are doing something to put a bandaid on the problem but It is not the right way of doing it.

Plus so what ... I can't keep m TV connected to the net to use the apps anymore cause it may update again? (But I doubt they are stupid enough to be rolling out the 1.60 still).

I see an above member with his TV laying screen down on the ground opened up and I DO NOT want that done to my TV ... not good for the TV or screen.

Still not sure what to do yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10172 of 10173 Unread Today, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
So my local repair guy has the new board and says he has to install it by Monday or he has to ship it back!

This is so damn stupid ... why would Vizio even want to pay to have this done and pay for more hardware when ITS NOT a hardware issue and they know that.

I am not sure if I am going to tell him to return it and I will keep bugging Vizio for the correct fix or escalate this further somehow.

But knowing how long it takes for Vizio to release new firmware we could be waiting Many Many Months for an update knowing them.

I am VERY Pissed at Vizio for this and I think if they don;t make this right The "Correct" way I may be done with them.

They have descent CS overall and I guess they are doing something to put a bandaid on the problem but It is not the right way of doing it.

Plus so what ... I can't keep m TV connected to the net to use the apps anymore cause it may update again? (But I doubt they are stupid enough to be rolling out the 1.60 still).

I see an above member with his TV laying screen down on the ground opened up and I DO NOT want that done to my TV ... not good for the TV or screen.

Still not sure what to do yet.
Exactly. My repair guy came. I did not let him replace the board. When i first bought the tv best buy came out to set it up. They laid it flat on the ground and broke the screen. They replaced it and i set it up my self with no problems. I'd rather wait for a firmware update instead of taking the chance of something else going wrong, but that's just me.......i can't believe they don't have the firmware available for download so we can reupload it via usb. Uh hello.
post #10173 of 10173 Unread Today, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I have two 2013 M series, a 50" on version 1.34 and a 60" on 1.60. Both show Smart Dimming and do not show the Active LED zones. The 60" on version 1.60 does indeed have the brightness problem which started with the upgrade. I also think the 60" picture quality on stock Calibrated setting seems worse than before and has never looked as good as the Calibration setting on the 50".

PSN: ROLL_mf_TIDE

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR | Sony S5100 BD Player
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page