Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 344 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #10291 of 10304 Old 01-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I'm not defending poor customer service and the way Vizio is handling their firmware is ridiculous. It is possibly caused by some marketing person that made agreements with the "smart app" partners to "control" the content/performance/features of those apps in exchange for $$$. Per that agreement, they may have control of how firmware is released. Now that doesn't mean Vizio couldn't somehow segment out other changes but the more branches to the software they have, the more expensive it is to THEM. All a guess but, ... Sorry, that's a reality in today's world.

HOWEVER, make sure you've done your due diligence on whatever brand you consider. My experience is that, within a given industry/vertical, they all trend to the same level of operations and support.

Again, feel the pain (I own 4 of these) but don't expect miracles from the other guys either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf13 View Post
yes i wish i had denied it and now my set is having issues. Vizio isn't being very helpful as well with getting it fixed, im just going to cut my losses and no longer buy from them. I don't have time to chase them back and forth to get them to do the right thing.
waylo88 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10292 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf13 View Post
yes i wish i had denied it and now my set is having issues. Vizio isn't being very helpful as well with getting it fixed, im just going to cut my losses and no longer buy from them. I don't have time to chase them back and forth to get them to do the right thing.
Vizio Customer service was one of the best I've had. However, their TV's are probably one of the worse I've had. Vizio replaced my TV's mobo once, then replace the TV 3 times, with the 4th time being a P-Series. For some reason or another the remote loses connection everyday, and I've got to reset the TV to factory setting and putting the settings back again. I told this to Vizio and they gave me the option to give me a refund, which I am taking.
post #10293 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
Vizio Customer service was one of the best I've had. However, their TV's are probably one of the worse I've had. Vizio replaced my TV's mobo once, then replace the TV 3 times, with the 4th time being a P-Series. For some reason or another the remote loses connection everyday, and I've got to reset the TV to factory setting and putting the settings back again. I told this to Vizio and they gave me the option to give me a refund, which I am taking.
You replaced your TV 4 times because of the remote?

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 w/ Denon AVR-1612, Polk Audio RM6750 | Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 w/ Sony HTCT550W 3D Sound Bar | Sony SXRD KDS-R70XBR2 w/ Onkyo HT-S770 | Sony PS3 (Slim) | DIRECTV Genie HR44-500, C41s | Harmony 700
post #10294 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

Again, feel the pain (I own 4 of these) but don't expect miracles from the other guys either
Do you use any of them for gaming? If so, how is the input lag on them?

There's a thread for input lag, but I had a hard time understanding it. The formatting was confusing to me.
derekg likes this.
post #10295 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Nope, 40/47 in guest rooms, 70 in game room, and 65 in family room. Just for TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by farner View Post

There's a thread for input lag, but I had a hard time understanding it. The formatting was confusing to me.
post #10296 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
He says 70inch in game room but doesnt use it for gaming lol
post #10297 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

POKER and others!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma7820 View Post
post #10298 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma7820 View Post
Theres a million "games" other then video games
post #10299 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
I'm not defending poor customer service and the way Vizio is handling their firmware is ridiculous. It is possibly caused by some marketing person that made agreements with the "smart app" partners to "control" the content/performance/features of those apps in exchange for $$$. Per that agreement, they may have control of how firmware is released. Now that doesn't mean Vizio couldn't somehow segment out other changes but the more branches to the software they have, the more expensive it is to THEM. All a guess but, ... Sorry, that's a reality in today's world.

HOWEVER, make sure you've done your due diligence on whatever brand you consider. My experience is that, within a given industry/vertical, they all trend to the same level of operations and support.

yea I understand that im just honestly tired of chasing vizio around. Im sure the others are a similar nightmare, i just don't have the time to exchange a TV 3-4 times if it deosnt work right. im aware non of them are perfect, but i feel vizio should've handled this better. its just an inconvenience for me at the moment i just brought a house and have more important things to deal with. I planned on upgrading anyway i guess, im just hoping it holds out for another year.
post #10300 of 10304 Unread 01-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:

I work off and on in the video game industry and currently play games on all platforms PC, PS3/4, Xbox 360/One and Wii U all on the 80" Vizio and when in game mode the lag is very tolerable.

Last edited by PlayNice; 01-23-2015 at 07:51 PM.
post #10301 of 10304 Unread Yesterday, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
This...this is exactly what I think happened, you've probably hit the bulls-eye on this one. I don't use the smart apps on my 55 so IF the next FW update fixes the picture I"ll be disconnecting it from the internet.

Vizio M551D -- Denon 1613 -- Vizio 3D Blu-ray

I find your lack of schadenfreude disturbing.

post #10302 of 10304 Unread Yesterday, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
I have an XBone connected to my 55 and have only played Halo-MCC and AC-Black Flag...as long as you put the Picture Mode in Game there is no noticeable lag. Forget to switch to game mode and you will definitely notice lag.

Vizio M551D -- Denon 1613 -- Vizio 3D Blu-ray

I find your lack of schadenfreude disturbing.

post #10303 of 10304 Unread Yesterday, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
You replaced your TV 4 times because of the remote?
First TV replaced Mobo cause the PQ was off even after calibration.
2nd time replaced the TV cause Mobo wasn't the issue.
Third TV replaced due to freezing apps after firmware update.
Fourth TV I was giving the P-60 series. PQ want any difference than M series unless you play 4K content. After firmware updat for the P-60 the remote stopped working. I got a new remote and the same happened.

So it's going back and getting a refund. Wifi remote never worked for me. It said it was wifi, but I had to point the remote to the left bottom corner.

I thin the P series are over rated. The Sharp q+ and Samsung 7150 have better PQ in my personal opinion.
post #10304 of 10304 Unread Today, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had the 70" M series for about a year now. Got the latest firmware a month and a half/two months ago. It's getting really frustrating to have to turn the smart dimming on and off each time I turn on the tv or change input modes.

I've been following the thread for a bit and saw really the only thing vizio was doing was sending a tech to replace the mobo. As others posted their results I certainly don't want a tech to come out to swap out the mobo. I filed a ticket with Vizio to at least report the issue. I then chatted with customer service about my ticket. They had me 'reset' my tv. Once that didn't help their response was they were 'aware' of the issue and agreed it was firmware related. When I asked the solution I was told they hope to have a new firmware out 'soon'.

I understand small things like this may get missed in firmware QA, however it does seem like the firmware process in the TV industry is pretty archaic. I'm really hoping something is released soon and pushed out to all quickly and not slowly rolled out.

I'm not sure what my next move will be. I really love the set and as much of a gimmick 3D is my daughter loves to watch 3D movies. That alone makes me want to keep the set and wait it out, but the smart dimming is driving me insane.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page