Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 349 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #10441 of 10465 Old 06-23-2015, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Well, it happened to me-last night. I have 2 M601-d3?'s. I was watching a movie in the Bedroom, paused the movie and turned off the TV. Came back to the movie, and got the dreaded "Firmware has been updated"....followed by horrible screen condition. It's been probably a year-since this last happened. Luckily, I have the other M601 disconnected from the Internet, just because of these stupid, drive-by, mess everything up to the Nth degree, Firmware updates. And-after I get my M601's dialed in, I will forever disconnect these TV's from the Wifi. I'm tired of having to come back every 6 months to a year, with a new "disaster" that always takes an hour(I have to set up 2 TV's), because Yahoo or some other stupid app wants an upgrade-so Vizio just blows my calibration settings out of the water.
I feel like I've been "violated", by Vizio.

So, of course now none of the screen calibration/settings posted before this FW, work.
Does anyone have any decent calibration settings for the 60" M601 series? I did notice now there is a screen calibration utility(to afraid to use it), and you can "lock" your settings. But, I have no clue on how to get back the gorgeous colors I had prior to this FW upgrade. ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 10465 Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I also have a M601D-A3R and had a similar experience a few days ago... Woke up to the Firmware Updated screen and a picture that is terrible compared to what it was with 1.34.

I'm currently using ursa99's latest settings, but they're only OK, not great. So I'll add my request for good settings for the M601D-A3R on 1.60.10-020.0090.

Thanks!
post #10443 of 10465 Old 06-23-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falvesjr View Post
I also have a M601D-A3R and had a similar experience a few days ago... Woke up to the Firmware Updated screen and a picture that is terrible compared to what it was with 1.34.

I'm currently using ursa99's latest settings, but they're only OK, not great. So I'll add my request for good settings for the M601D-A3R on 1.60.10-020.0090.

Thanks!
Can you tell me which page his settings are on? I've lost the bookmark I had it in.
post #10444 of 10465 Old 06-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 60
On all 4 of mine I did a factory reset, started with Calibrated Dark, saved to new setting and began from there. Not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuvideo View Post
Can you tell me which page his settings are on? I've lost the bookmark I had it in.
post #10445 of 10465 Old 06-23-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
On all 4 of mine I did a factory reset, started with Calibrated Dark, saved to new setting and began from there. Not too bad.
Which model do you have? Did you use the auto calibration utility?
Can you take some snapshots of your settings page?
I still have the old settings from 1.34 on my other M601 A3, but these new setting pages are completely different.
post #10446 of 10465 Old 06-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
all 2103, a M70, M65, M47, and M42. Back a couple pages there were some recommend ranges for settings, I didn't use them, did it by my liking for now and after the fact, they are sound recommendations.

Each TV is different, settings here are guidelines, use them that way
Quote:
I still have the old settings from 1.34 on my other M601 A3, but these new setting pages are completely different.
post #10447 of 10465 Old 06-23-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I haven't tried auto yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
all 2103, a M70, M65, M47, and M42. Back a couple pages there were some recommend ranges for settings, I didn't use them, did it by my liking for now and after the fact, they are sound recommendations.

Each TV is different, settings here are guidelines, use them that way
Tried those settings and they're not good I have the m601

I don't understand how the auto calibrate works . Those numbers 3 pages ago get me close, but it still needs tweaking.

Edit; I did some tweaking on brightness, contrast and a few other settings and got it dialed in. It looks better than it ever has before, so whatever they did worked well, along with the previously posted settings.
If anyone is interested in my modified settings I can post those tomorrow. This is for the M601d-A3

Last edited by havasuvideo; 06-23-2015 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Got it dialed in
post #10448 of 10465 Old 06-24-2015, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Came home last night to find my M60 had finally updated to 1.60. I never got the original dreaded update, so I was still on 1.34. No issues that I can see - all of my presets carried over, and the one I've been using for several months (based heavily on ursa99's settings) still looks great. If anything, it may have reduced some of the corner flash lighting I previously had that was introduced with the 1.34 update. It's been a while, so at this point, I've forgotten when it started popping up.

Anyway, the only setting I can't quite settle on is the new Gamma. It defaulted to 1.8. I moved it to 2.0, and it seems to darken the screen a bit. I left it there, but I'm open to suggestions.
post #10449 of 10465 Old 06-24-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post
Came home last night to find my M60 had finally updated to 1.60. I never got the original dreaded update, so I was still on 1.34. No issues that I can see - all of my presets carried over, and the one I've been using for several months (based heavily on ursa99's settings) still looks great. If anything, it may have reduced some of the corner flash lighting I previously had that was introduced with the 1.34 update. It's been a while, so at this point, I've forgotten when it started popping up.

Anyway, the only setting I can't quite settle on is the new Gamma. It defaulted to 1.8. I moved it to 2.0, and it seems to darken the screen a bit. I left it there, but I'm open to suggestions.
I used 2.2.
I also adjusted Backlight and Brightness both down to 40.
post #10450 of 10465 Old 06-24-2015, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quick question, does the "stretched" picture mode not function correctly anymore? Prior to 1.60, using that would allow 4:3 content to fill up the entire screen. Now when I use it, it's like it's always stretching for letterbox, so 4:3 content is framed really weird (still black bars on the sides, albeit smaller, and the top and bottom of the picture is cut off). I know I should just leave it on the "normal" setting, but when watching old wrestling on the WWE Network, I liked stretching it. I now can't do this.
post #10451 of 10465 Old 06-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Exclamation It Has Arrived! The New 1.60.10-020.0080 Firmware!

After months of having this 2013 M401i-A3 turned-off and awaiting the newer 1.60 Firmware Update, I finally turned it on after catching up on reading this Thread and there it was... a message about the new Firmware:

1.60.10-020.0080

(From 1.34.44.0080)

I already had Factory Reset AND Power-Cycled it a while back.

To clear-out some stuff that a Factory Reset wouldn't do, one MUST also Power-Cycle the TV. (This is when I discovered my old 'Sepia' setup was 'stuck' even after a Factory Reset and did not clear-out until I did a Power-Cycle!)

As soon as my brother lends me the WoW Disc, I'll touch it up and box it up for him to reclaim it. (I now have the P50'E(4K)... Amazing Pic! Blows the M40 (1080) far and away - not just resolution-wise!)

- Pj
Awaiting delivery of CalMAN Kit. Vizio P-Series - 2014 P502ui-B1E (50") TV - Firmware: 1.1.19. Win7Pro & FireFox 38.0.5, Desktop Computer. ClearStream-4 Antenna, a dying DTX9950 Converter Box (See www.BadCaps.Net and Capacitor Plague), Philips 3576H DVR, Philips 19PFL3403D TV. My brother: Android-driven Sony 75X850C TV & now has M401i-A3.
post #10452 of 10465 Old 06-25-2015, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

Does the "stretched" picture mode not function correctly anymore?

Prior to 1.60, using that would allow 4:3 content to fill up the entire screen

The 'new' 1.60 widens 'authentic' 4x3 content for me, ok. It doesn't always work that way nowadays. Seems some content on the sub-channels (SD - Standard Def, PD - Pathetic Def) with 4x3 are 'disguised' as such. Also, some 4x3 SD content on an HD channel can be the same. Oh, it was simpler back in the early days of DTV.

- Pj
Awaiting delivery of CalMAN Kit. Vizio P-Series - 2014 P502ui-B1E (50") TV - Firmware: 1.1.19. Win7Pro & FireFox 38.0.5, Desktop Computer. ClearStream-4 Antenna, a dying DTX9950 Converter Box (See www.BadCaps.Net and Capacitor Plague), Philips 3576H DVR, Philips 19PFL3403D TV. My brother: Android-driven Sony 75X850C TV & now has M401i-A3.
post #10453 of 10465 Old 06-25-2015, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

M401i-A3:

Ok, after checking the Color Temperatures after a Power-Cycle and a Factory Reset, with the latest Firmware Update, the colors are a mess according the White, 11-Bar Ramp Test Pattern.

The Computer Color Temp is moldy green and the Normal Temp is a Sepia Mode for B&W content. The Cool Temp is way too Blue on most of the Bars.

So, I did an 11-Point White Balance adjustment - by eye - with the Cool Temp, since it's the most 'neutral' of the three Temps. After hours of adjusting, I finally got a fair gray balance across all 11 Bars. It's tough, because adjusting one color can affect another Bar or two away from the one I'm currently adjusting.

I do not have the WoW disc at the moment, so I got out my old 'Video Essentials' disc to adjust the Brightness. I used the White Ramp Test Pattern to adjust the Contrast to where it 'blooms'-out and 'discolors' the brightest white and backed it off a bit from there. (With Auto-Brightness OFF and Backlight set to 100.)

Here's what I came up with:

Started with 'Calibrated' and Saved to 'Calibrate2'. Changed Color Temperature to 'Cool'.

Code:

Brightness           47 
Contrast             74 
Color                55 
Tint                 -2 
Sharpness             0 

Black Detail        Low 
Smart Dimming        On 
Clear Action        Off 
Signal/Block Noise  Off 
GLL                 Off  
Film Mode          Auto 
Gamma               2.1 

I use Auto-Brightness as needed in Low, Med, High, or OFF.

I must say, this M40 IPS Panel has never looked better! Colors look scrumptious! Contrast/Blacks look better than ever!

With Auto-Brightness on High or OFF, the screen easily works in a bright room. It's like a new TV!

- Pj
post #10454 of 10465 Old 06-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post

M401i-A3:

Ok, after checking the Color Temperatures after a Power-Cycle and a Factory Reset, with the latest Firmware Update, the colors are a mess according the White, 11-Bar Ramp Test Pattern.

The Computer Color Temp is moldy green and the Normal Temp is a Sepia Mode for B&W content. The Cool Temp is way too Blue on most of the Bars.

So, I did an 11-Point White Balance adjustment - by eye - with the Cool Temp, since it's the most 'neutral' of the three Temps. After hours of adjusting, I finally got a fair gray balance across all 11 Bars. It's tough, because adjusting one color can affect another Bar or two away from the one I'm currently adjusting.

I do not have the WoW disc at the moment, so I got out my old 'Video Essentials' disc to adjust the Brightness. I used the White Ramp Test Pattern to adjust the Contrast to where it 'blooms'-out and 'discolors' the brightest white and backed it off a bit from there. (With Auto-Brightness OFF and Backlight set to 100.)

Here's what I came up with:

Started with 'Calibrated' and Saved to 'Calibrate2'. Changed Color Temperature to 'Cool'.

Code:

Brightness           47 
Contrast             74 
Color                55 
Tint                 -2 
Sharpness             0 

Black Detail        Low 
Smart Dimming        On 
Clear Action        Off 
Signal/Block Noise  Off 
GLL                 Off  
Film Mode          Auto 
Gamma               2.1 

I use Auto-Brightness as needed in Low, Med, High, or OFF.

I must say, this M40 IPS Panel has never looked better! Colors look scrumptious! Contrast/Blacks look better than ever!

With Auto-Brightness on High or OFF, the screen easily works in a bright room. It's like a new TV!

Do you have a meter or are you just going off your eyeballs? I ask cause your perception for greyscale is something that is near impossible to determine without a meter. Cool is very blue, my concern is I am an advocate for color accuracy despite what many believe to be accurate. I used to operate the same as you until I learned about color and calibration, now I am ISF certified and like to help inform others of the misconceptions of having an accurate picture.
thduke likes this.
post #10455 of 10465 Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post

Do you have a meter or are you just going off your eyeballs?

I ask, cause your perception for greyscale is something
that is near impossible to determine without a meter.

Cool is very blue.

My concern is, I am an advocate for color accuracy despite what many believe to be accurate.

I used to operate the same as you until I learned about color and calibration.

Now, I am ISF Certified and like to help inform others
of the misconceptions of having an accurate picture.

Oh, sorry. I forgot to put in this disclaimer:

"I hereby state that I'm fully aware of crossing the Calibration Line of Code of Ethics, etched in diamonds for all of Tech Eternity. By making ANY such adjustments without instrumentation to such said device, I do declare by making such adjustments to the 11-Point White Balance by eyesight only, that I am fully aware such adjustment is not the preferred way and will not produce accurate results without said instrumentation.

However, in that if I do not have access to such tools-of-the-trade or have such excess of funds to hire an ISF Certified Color TV Calibrator, I do declare that I do give myself permission to make such 'eyesight only' adjustments if I can achieve better results than said inferior color reproduction prior to any user-adjustments and that such access is provided to the consumer when otherwise not contained in a 'hidden service menu."

Aw, PlayNice. I'm just 'funnin' with ya.

Thank you for your concern.

I do have a Vizio P50, and I did touch-up the 11-PWB in the 'Normal' Color Temp setting, as the color was a bit too green right out of the box. My former M40's 'Normal' Color Temp is very, very Sepia. Nowhere near D6500. I couldn't tame it down enough, it's that bad, so I chose the 'Cool' Color Temp to adjust as best I can by eyesight. I will tell you that I made a significant improvement to the color, even though it is still technically inaccurate.

Why is this M40 (just me?) is so messed up on the color with this latest firmware update? I dunno, but it's a lot better now than leaving the 11-PWB settings alone. My "perception for greyscale" is a lot more accurate than leaving the TV as it was prior.

My brother's Sony 75" (X850C) TV has great colors out of the box. I'm sure there's room for instrumentation fine-tuning of his TV, but he's a happy camper with it, as is.

So, like Library Books, can I 'check' out loaner Calibrator Tools?

- Pj
post #10456 of 10465 Old 06-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Oh, sorry. I forgot to put in this disclaimer:

"I hereby state that I'm fully aware of crossing the Calibration Line of Code of Ethics, etched in diamonds for all of Tech Eternity. By making ANY such adjustments without instrumentation to such said device, I do declare by making such adjustments to the 11-Point White Balance by eyesight only, that I am fully aware such adjustment is not the preferred way and will not produce accurate results without said instrumentation.

However, in that if I do not have access to such tools-of-the-trade or have such excess of funds to hire an ISF Certified Color TV Calibrator, I do declare that I do give myself permission to make such 'eyesight only' adjustments if I can achieve better results than said inferior color reproduction prior to any user-adjustments and that such access is provided to the consumer when otherwise not contained in a 'hidden service menu."

Aw, PlayNice. I'm just 'funnin' with ya.

Thank you for your concern.

I do have a Vizio P50, and I did touch-up the 11-PWB in the 'Normal' Color Temp setting, as the color was a bit too green right out of the box. My former M40's 'Normal' Color Temp is very, very Sepia. Nowhere near D6500. I couldn't tame it down enough, it's that bad, so I chose the 'Cool' Color Temp to adjust as best I can by eyesight. I will tell you that I made a significant improvement to the color, even though it is still technically inaccurate.

Why is this M40 (just me?) is so messed up on the color with this latest firmware update? I dunno, but it's a lot better now than leaving the 11-PWB settings alone. My "perception for greyscale" is a lot more accurate than leaving the TV as it was prior.

My brother's Sony 75" (X850C) TV has great colors out of the box. I'm sure there's room for instrumentation fine-tuning of his TV, but he's a happy camper with it, as is.

So, like Library Books, can I 'check' out loaner Calibrator Tools?

Best response ever. You most likely can not get a meter loaned out but they make cheap ones that are ok (still much better than eyeballing) for less than $100.
post #10457 of 10465 Old 06-26-2015, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I haven't tried auto yet.

Tried those settings and they're not good I have the m601

I don't understand how the auto calibrate works . Those numbers 3 pages ago get me close, but it still needs tweaking.

Edit; I did some tweaking on brightness, contrast and a few other settings and got it dialed in. It looks better than it ever has before, so whatever they did worked well, along with the previously posted settings.
If anyone is interested in my modified settings I can post those tomorrow. This is for the M601d-A3
Yes PLEASE post all of your settings for the M601d-A3R. I have been looking everywhere and can't find recommended settings for the most recent firmware of this exact tv. Please guys if you could, help me out with best settings for natural color(movies and shows) and best settings to dial up for video games (ps4/wiiu/smash bros - lots of colors). I've tended to always favor the cool color setting for tvs, normal looks way too warm, but I want to see how it'll look when calibrated correctly. I've noticed high sharpness makes shows look absolutely terrible, looks like there is static all over the place. But in video games it brings out details I wouldn't notice otherwise and looks great! (Sorry if this is not how to post I'm new!)
post #10458 of 10465 Old 06-26-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotohnz View Post
Ha! Cool, I'm chuffed, though most of the heavy lifting was done by Ursa, cnet, and many others in this thread, including yourself, of course.

Looks like I haven't posted full settings since last October, before the previous firmware update (V.1.60.10-004-0443_125). I didn't change much after that update (raised the brightness a notch) because that firmware gave me flashlighting and clouding where I had very little before (most of it went away after a factory reset, but never completely), and I was waiting for the firmware fix like everyone else. Thankfully the latest firmware (v1.60.10-020.0643_125) seems to have completely fixed the clouding and flashlighting, and improved the slow backlight too. To my eyes than TV looks better than ever (after 5 months (!) of looking it's worst) because it's the first time reasonably functional Smart Dimming and the new Gamma control can be used at the same time. Now if only the remote wasn't still chewing through batteries...

I ran the AVSHD 709 disk the other night and didn't change a thing except for removing that previously added notch to the Brightness. Here are the settings I'm currently using, with my standard disclaimer, of course: I'm not a professional calibrator, I just play one at home, meaning I have no calibration tools other than the AVSHD 709 disk and my eyes, so of course ymmv...

M551d-A2, v1.60.10-020.0643_125

Picture:

Auto Brightness: Off, (for streaming photos: High, Backlight: 100)

Backlight: custom Calibrated/film/custom sports/animation: 82, custom Dark Calibrated: 69, custom photo: 100 (Auto Brightness High), custom 3D: 96

Brightness: 52, custom 3D: 54

Contrast: 63

Color: 43, 3D: 44

Tint: 0

Sharpness: 0, custom 3D: 60 (greyed out, but this was the previous default 3D setting)

More Picture:

Color Temperature: Normal

Black Detail: Off

Smart Dimming: On

Smooth Motion Effect: custom Cal., Dark Cal: Low, custom film: Off, custom sports/animation, custom 3D: Medium

Reduce Signal Noise: Off

Reduce Block Noise: Off

Game Low Latency: Off; On when gaming

Film Mode: Auto

Gamma: 2.2

Color Calibration:

Color Tuner:

Ursa's early Color Tuner Offset and Gain settings (I've tried his more recent ones but these seem to work best for me):

Red Offset: 1

Green Offset: 2

Blue Offset: 1

Red Gain: 8

Green Gain: 6

Blue Gain: 10

My Tint adjustment:

Cyan Hue: -5

Magenta Hue: -5

Red/Green/Blue: Hue/Saturation/Brightness: 0

cnet's 11-point white balance (for 2014 M-series) (they might not correlate with the 2013 models exactly, but they settings definitely seem to be an improvement over the default settings):

[Gain amounts for Red, Green and Blue]
Added by havasu video
These are 11-point White Balance settings. follow them exactly on the screen. Push button to select, then arrows to change, then push button again to de-select, use arrow to move to the next one over, push again when done, scroll back to the %, push button, arrow, to the next, and repeat.

5%: 10, -1, 1

10%: 16, 8, 39

20%: 3, 1, 24

30%: -8, -6, -7

40%: -24, -23, -6

50%: -48, -39, -31

60%: -50, -50, -36

70%: -50, -50, -34

80%: -50, -50, -39

90%: -42, -45, -50

100%: 0, -10, 0

Audio:

Surround Sound: On

Volume Leveling: Off

Equalizer:

Audio Mode: Custom

100Hz: 6

300Hz: 6

1KHz: 0

3KHz: 3

10KHz: 4

Also see vestaviascott's Official Vizio "M-Series" Razor Owners Survival Thread and rogersmj's Vizio 1.60 defective firmware update -- victims post here thread for more info.
These are the settings I used on my M601. However-I changed Brightness and Backlighting to 40, Sharpenss 15, Black Detail Low, but everything else is the same as above.
You will find the biggest changes are made with back lighting, sharpness, and brightness. These are tailored to your room or even the Movie you're watching. From there, and with Sharpness, black detail, and even Smooth Motion(Low-sometimes), it's all personal preference.
Make sure you do the 11 point gray scale exactly as it's shown above. It takes awhile to do each step, but double check your numbers.

Also-there's no real reason to "lock" the settings, unless someone else messes with your TV. It will not prevent Vizio from doing another "drive-by", that will totally hose your settings once again.
When you're finished, take pictures or each screen, and file them away some where. That way-you can always go back and look up the settings, and start over.
Both my M601-A3's are now on 1.60 whatever, and they look the same.
On some movies, you may want to turn the sharpness down to 10 or even zero. Same with Black Detail-you're going to have to experiment with some of the settings to see what looks good to your eye's.
post #10459 of 10465 Old 06-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

"...They make cheap ones [color meters] that are ok for less than $100."

Hark! Point thee the way to such said devices, please.

- Pj
post #10460 of 10465 Old 06-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hark! Point thee the way to such said devices, please.

SpectraCal makes a cheap C3 meter that comes with software for $149. It's not available on Amazon anymore sadly but I think you can hunt it down.
post #10461 of 10465 Old 06-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Will be doing a PRO calibration on the 70" model this weekend with the new firmware. Will post in thread when I have the results.

ISF Certified Calibrator
CalMan Pro
Electronics Junkie
post #10462 of 10465 Old 06-29-2015, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw View Post
Will be doing a PRO calibration on the 70" model this weekend with the new firmware. Will post in thread when I have the results.
Nice, I'll be looking forward to it. Hey Havasuvideo thanks for the suggestions. I followed everything exactly but with cool as the color preset. Everything seemed way too blue, so I did it with normal and it looked too yellow, especially whites. Any of you have any suggestion for how to make sure the colors I'm looking at are the way their supposed to look? Some shows do have crazy filters so I'm not always sure, but i'm certain the white banners on the ps4 home screen aren't supposed to look yellow. Should I try to match my tv colors to the same scene of a show on my computer screen?
post #10463 of 10465 Old 06-30-2015, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've been seeing an increased "digital" effect on everything since receiving the 1.60 update last week.

I've complained about this in the past (as have others), but I've always been able to combat it by building a custom profile off of game mode. Now, that setting appears to be effected as well.

I don't exactly know how to describe it, but it's almost as if smooth motion processing is still occurring even though it's set to "off." There appears to be some sort of digital processing going on, and it's driving me crazy. I guess the closest thing I could compare it to is the way PAL/50hz shows look when shown on American TV.

For what it's worth, I did a factory reset and power cycle after receiving the update, and again just recently in an attempt to help the cause. I'm kind of at a loss, outside of sports and news, the TV is almost entirely useless to me right now. I can't stomach the soap opera stuff.

Last edited by BLeClair12; 06-30-2015 at 07:50 PM.
post #10464 of 10465 Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

SpectraCal makes a cheap C3 meter that comes with software for $149.

You must have had hypnotic powers built-in your message, bee-cawz, I just purchased such said device.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalMAN_Tutorial_and_SpectraCal_C3_Starter_Kit.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	806754  

- Pj
post #10465 of 10465 Unread Today, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The 1.60 firmware broke my TV. The apps don't work anymore and I cant get any download with the connection test. TV worked fine before update. I have the 55" m series 2013 model.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page