Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 350 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2015, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
If you want your TV professionally calibrated you should probably hire someone to calibrate your set. Otherwise, why not invest in a Disney WOW (or other disk) and begin the process and the learning yourself? There are also inexpensive meters (sub $200) available.

I guess my point is that taking settings from another set and then "tweaking them to your liking" always stumps me. The sets all differ. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "reference number" guy. Unless you plan to design something for transfer to print or other media on this set, I'm more of a "make it look good to you" person. Neither is right or wrong.

As has been said here before, reset your TV to factory, start with either calibrated or calibrated dark, save to a new custom setting, and 'tweak away". Copying settings from another set isn't going to do a whole lot better IMO without the tools listed above.

Like said, just one man's opinion and we all have them. I'll never understand people waiting around for someone else to "publish settings" from unknown rooms and conditions, and from a different panel. Calibrated and calibrated dark get you there much more quickly.
I've used other users calibration settings off this site for many of my TV's and they've always given me some of the best looking pictures I've ever had. To me, someone elses settings are a starting point. From there I'll use a Calibraton disk and fine tune, but usually other users settings have been pretty spot on. As long as you're matching the TV and size, especially in Vizio's case where each set can have different components.
bill875 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
If you want your TV professionally calibrated you should probably hire someone to calibrate your set. Otherwise, why not invest in a Disney WOW (or other disk) and begin the process and the learning yourself? There are also inexpensive meters (sub $200) available.

I guess my point is that taking settings from another set and then "tweaking them to your liking" always stumps me. The sets all differ. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "reference number" guy. Unless you plan to design something for transfer to print or other media on this set, I'm more of a "make it look good to you" person. Neither is right or wrong.

As has been said here before, reset your TV to factory, start with either calibrated or calibrated dark, save to a new custom setting, and 'tweak away". Copying settings from another set isn't going to do a whole lot better IMO without the tools listed above.

Like said, just one man's opinion and we all have them. I'll never understand people waiting around for someone else to "publish settings" from unknown rooms and conditions, and from a different panel. Calibrated and calibrated dark get you there much more quickly.
I do in fact have the Wow disc and have used it (and tools like it) to do a home calibration for all the TV sets I've ever owned. That said, I've always achieved my best results when I'm able to use professionally calibrated settings as a starting point (like those posted here, or on CNet) and then use tools like the Wow disc to customize to my environment and personal preferences. Tools like the Wow disc or the THX program for iOS are not a replacement for professional calibration, and unfortunately I cannot afford to have a professional calibration done at this time. I realize that this can be a touchy subject for those who make a living by performing that kind of work. In this case I was simply expressing appreciation for the professional calibration that madkaw said he was going to do and to share, and I still hope that he will be willing to post his results to help fellow AV enthusiasts like myself who own the same set.
bill875 likes this.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Question

Really? does his post count mean that much?
He isn't asking for something that hasn't been shared & helpful to an extent prior going back for many of years.

Quote:
I see you have 6 posts yet you say you've used settings of many others. Perhaps you should contribute.
bill875 and benk016 like this.

Last edited by Diode1; 07-08-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode1 View Post
Really? does his post count mean that much?
He isn't asking for something that hasn't been shared & helpful to an extent prior going back for many of years.

Thanks, If I had the equipment to calibrate my set, I would do it and would absolutely share the settings on here for everyone else.

Using someone else's settings obviously isn't going to be as good as hiring someone to professionally calibrate my set, but it will get it much closer than it came out of the box. And i'm 100% happy with that. As I think most of us on here are as well.
bill875 likes this.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone using this set with their Desktop? I've noticed videos jerking (or lagging) about ever 10-15 seconds on VLC. I'm using the Computer calibration (with custom calibration settings from this forum). Thanks!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I had my computer hooked up to my m70 and did not get any lagging. Check the HDMI port that you are using. I can't remember which HDMI port they recommend (I think it is 3)
Not sure if that helps but its worth a try.

65JS9500
Old 07-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Jzc

Wicket,

I got a m40 connected to one of my PCs and I haven't seen anything like you described... and yea.. make sure you got it connected to the right HDMI port. Also, I have a dish network receiver connected to another port and I don't see any hiccups.

Jzc
Old 07-13-2015, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Sorry for the delay, had to wait on approval from customer to post settings.
Will post Calibrated settings tonight.

ISF Certified Calibrator
CalMan Pro
Electronics Junkie
Old 07-13-2015, 07:41 AM

Thanks Madkaw, we really appreciate it!

65JS9500
Old 07-13-2015, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for the feedback Letterist & jzc. I wasn't aware that there was a specific HDMI port dedicated to computers. I can't find it in the user manual or the Vizio website. Could you give me some more details please?
Old 07-17-2015, 09:05 AM

Wickettaker,
I believe it is hdmi 4 on the Vizio. I don't have access to my manual at the moment but if you look in the back of the tv you will see somehting that says "best next to hdmi 4

65JS9500
Old 07-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw View Post
What model?
Old Today, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw View Post
Bump this up...

M701d FW 1.60.10-020.0090

ANy updates or calibration settings would be awesome.. For movie and Gaming, unless they are the same

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv