Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 350 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10471 of 10472 Old Today, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
If you want your TV professionally calibrated you should probably hire someone to calibrate your set. Otherwise, why not invest in a Disney WOW (or other disk) and begin the process and the learning yourself? There are also inexpensive meters (sub $200) available.

I guess my point is that taking settings from another set and then "tweaking them to your liking" always stumps me. The sets all differ. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "reference number" guy. Unless you plan to design something for transfer to print or other media on this set, I'm more of a "make it look good to you" person. Neither is right or wrong.

As has been said here before, reset your TV to factory, start with either calibrated or calibrated dark, save to a new custom setting, and 'tweak away". Copying settings from another set isn't going to do a whole lot better IMO without the tools listed above.

Like said, just one man's opinion and we all have them. I'll never understand people waiting around for someone else to "publish settings" from unknown rooms and conditions, and from a different panel. Calibrated and calibrated dark get you there much more quickly.
I've used other users calibration settings off this site for many of my TV's and they've always given me some of the best looking pictures I've ever had. To me, someone elses settings are a starting point. From there I'll use a Calibraton disk and fine tune, but usually other users settings have been pretty spot on. As long as you're matching the TV and size, especially in Vizio's case where each set can have different components.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10472 of 10472 Old Today, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I see you have 6 posts yet you say you've used settings of many others. Perhaps you should contribute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benk016 View Post
I've used other users calibration settings off this site for many of my TV's and they've always given me some of the best looking pictures I've ever had. To me, someone elses settings are a starting point. From there I'll use a Calibraton disk and fine tune, but usually other users settings have been pretty spot on. As long as you're matching the TV and size, especially in Vizio's case where each set can have different components.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread