Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 355 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264Likes

post #10621 of 10637 Old 11-08-2016, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just got a firmware update for the first time in forever. M601d-A3R, just updated to firmware version 2.0.6a.0090. Anyone have any ideas what is in this firmware? I couldn't find anything on the Vizio site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10622 of 10637 Old 11-08-2016, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus647 View Post
I just got a firmware update for the first time in forever. M601d-A3R, just updated to firmware version 2.0.6a.0090. Anyone have any ideas what is in this firmware? I couldn't find anything on the Vizio site.
Call Vizio and ask them, then post what they tell you on here.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #10623 of 10637 Old 11-11-2016, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus647 View Post
Got the same update on my M701d-a3. Looks the same as before, cave tell anything changed?
Anyone know what it's about?

post #10624 of 10637 Old 11-15-2016, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
M321i-A2 - V2.0.6a.0888_123

Just got this update on my M321i-A2 - V2.0.6a.0888_123

Asked Vizio support and got this...

Code:
That update primary goal was for some system improvements but they didn't specify exactly what in the system that was. It also did some changes to the Yahoo Platform for future Yahoo apps. Again, they did not specify what apps those would affect.
post #10625 of 10637 Old 11-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvforavs View Post
Just got this update on my M321i-A2 - V2.0.6a.0888_123

Asked Vizio support and got this...

Code:
That update primary goal was for some system improvements but they didn't specify exactly what in the system that was. It also did some changes to the Yahoo Platform for future Yahoo apps. Again, they did not specify what apps those would affect.
I thought Yahoo was discontinuing support for their TV platform?
post #10626 of 10637 Old 11-15-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post
I thought Yahoo was discontinuing support for their TV platform?
Don't know what your sources are but I doubt it considering the change Vizio did and maybe Verizon wants to keep it?
post #10627 of 10637 Old 12-14-2016, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post
The ol' "we're working on a fix" line. I remember hearing that back when they put out a firmware that busted Smart Dimming. It took them easily 5-6 months to get a new firmware out to fix it, and that was for a relatively huge issue.

Their TV's are great, but man, Vizios firmwares are utter trash. It's also idiotic that you can't manually revert.
This is why I'll never buy another Vizio product, I went through the busted Smart Dimming debacle and waiting 6 months for a FW fix. Browsing through the P-series thread I see similar issues with FW. I'm just waiting on OLED technology to mature a little and Sony's entrance into OLED looks promising as well.

OPPO UDP-203 -- Denon 1613 -- BIC America F12 Sub -- SVS Prime LCR

I find your lack of schadenfreude disturbing.
post #10628 of 10637 Old 12-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDoxie View Post
This is why I'll never buy another Vizio product, I went through the busted Smart Dimming debacle and waiting 6 months for a FW fix. Browsing through the P-series thread I see similar issues with FW. I'm just waiting on OLED technology to mature a little and Sony's entrance into OLED looks promising as well.
The problem Vizio is having now, IMHO, is their big advantage in prior years was they offered the best quality to value in the market. I don't think thats the case anymore. Look at the street prices for the latest Samsung KS8000 series for instance. Thats what I chose and I must say its a fantastic total package. Looks, picture refinement. Build quality may or may not wind up being an issue with these sets, time will tell but isn't that the case with any brand these days?

Especially with the latest 2016 models, I think they made a big misread with regards to having all of their smart apps be tablet based. I know I for one don't want to be tethered to looking on a 7inch screen to choose content for a 65inch TV. Just seems like a silly idea to me. Also removing the internal tuner seems foolish as well. Then trying to promote it as a feature. I saw an aside that they have lost a little market share this year so my opinion must be shared by others.

I still have 3 Vizios in use at my house so I will always consider them going forward, but they need to refocus on what made them successful. Quality to value.
post #10629 of 10637 Old 12-17-2016, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Random stuttering/lag on m601d-ar3

I've had my m601d-ar3 for 3+ years now, and lately I'm noticing a new issue (I've already reset the tv).

I'm certain of the exact word to use, but the best I can thing of is stuttering/lag/decreased FPS seemingly at random.

It is occurs with various devices (Apple TV, DirectTV box), with different HDMI cables/inputs. It does not seem to happen consistently between TV channels, or Apple TV apps.

For example at times it could play as normal on Comedy Central, the next I'll have the issue. Or perhaps I'll watch Mad Men on Netflix with no issues, then I'll watch the Crown and the issue will appear (Oddly enough it ALWAYS happens with The Crown...not sure what that means).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I searched the thread for "stutter" but nothing seemed to quite match up.

Thanks!
post #10630 of 10637 Old 12-22-2016, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Another new firmware update

Today they just push my M551d-A2R firmware
V2.0.13.0888_125
Still don't know what may have been added or changed
post #10631 of 10637 Old 12-23-2016, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumberlandgap View Post
I've had my m601d-ar3 for 3+ years now, and lately I'm noticing a new issue (I've already reset the tv).

I'm certain of the exact word to use, but the best I can thing of is stuttering/lag/decreased FPS seemingly at random.

It is occurs with various devices (Apple TV, DirectTV box), with different HDMI cables/inputs. It does not seem to happen consistently between TV channels, or Apple TV apps.

For example at times it could play as normal on Comedy Central, the next I'll have the issue. Or perhaps I'll watch Mad Men on Netflix with no issues, then I'll watch the Crown and the issue will appear (Oddly enough it ALWAYS happens with The Crown...not sure what that means).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I searched the thread for "stutter" but nothing seemed to quite match up.

Thanks!
I have experienced something like what you describe on my m60. However, I have only seen it on a few Hallmark Channel movies. Absolutely no issues with DVDs, Blu-Rays or streamed content. I attribute the problem to DirecTV.
post #10632 of 10637 Old 12-23-2016, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode1 View Post
Today they just push my M551d-A2R firmware
V2.0.13.0888_125
Still don't know what may have been added or changed
I got it too. Haven't noticed anything different.
post #10633 of 10637 Old 12-30-2016, 08:59 PM

M321i-A2 - V2.0.13.0888_123

I noticed that my TV firmware was updated. Chatted with the support and I got this information.

Code:
The update added some system improvements but did not say what those were but did state the update also was applied to update the VIA dock for potential future updated apps that was needed.
Maybe the TV gonna get some revised and/or new VIA apps in the near future

I now suspect that Vizio maybe moving to another platform if Yahoo Store is going away?

Last edited by tvforavs; 12-30-2016 at 09:08 PM.
post #10634 of 10637 Old 12-30-2016, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 132
SOMEBODY CALL VIZIO and ask what the updated firmware did! I can't.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #10635 of 10637 Old 12-30-2016, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 61
All this time, all these updates, and stretching 4:3 content is still broken.
post #10636 of 10637 Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

so have a bit of a saga to tell, apologies in advance for massive wall of text post...

i had been using this led rope light as a bias light since new (almost 3 years) plugged into a usb triggered outlet(plug box into outlet, plug rope light into box, and hook usb line from box to tv so that when tv goes on/off the light coordinates) recently saw this 'luminoodle' self adhesive led bias light strip by a company called power products on amazon that just plugs directly into the usb port on tv's according to their products.

picked one up, installed it on my m701d and notice the lights don't seem like 6000k ish, but warmer maybe 5k or less

after about 20min of viewing, the bias light starts flashing on and off quickly, after a few seconds of that the entire display goes black and won't turn back on. frantic scrambling online looking for options try the hard power resets to no avail. then after unplugging and plugging in several times the display powers up to alternating static/black screens and doesn't respond to any remote (stock or harmony) nor does the power button on the back work.
after several more iterations of trying to hard power reset it the power button actually works to change inputs for about 30 seconds and get it to the point where it displays the roku video thru my denon receiver then the button stops working again. but the only way to turn display on and off is with power cord... finally it appears to give up the ghost all together and doesn't turn on again. after contacting vizio and iti find out an out of warranty repair is either $454 if they can fix it or $70 if they can, set up the repair.

the luminoodle people were baffled, saying they've never had anything like this happen and cannot believe their strip blew out my tv. then also point out that in fine print on the instructions it states that the strip needs up to 1a of power from the usb port to work(amazon page only claims .5a) regardless, there's no way to really know the capability of the port...

they did continue to try to be helpful in finding a solution to the technical issue and claimed they couldn't get vizio to tell them the power capabilities of the usb port (does any tv maker list how much power their usb ports can supply?) and made suggestions to me on things to try to get things working (none of which worked obviously since display out right died).

repair guy comes last night with new power board and main board, tell him story and he agrees no way could usb port support that much current. swap out boards, tv lives again.
this I time dig up a 1a usb wall wart from box of old chargers/etc, reinstall the usb triggered power supply with the wallwart and use that to power the luminoodle (kind of how i had it before with the rope light)
sent a message to luminoodle people to call me back so we can continue our discussion from last week of troubleshooting and see what they think about my $454 bill to fix my tv...

so anyhoo, tv updates to 1.34 firmware overnight, although everyone else seems to be on 2.xx something?
does anyone have calibration values since i lost all my old settings i had previously

Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class
Especially since I rule.
post #10637 of 10637 Old 03-19-2017, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouka View Post
so have a bit of a saga to tell, apologies in advance for massive wall of text post...

i had been using this led rope light as a bias light since new (almost 3 years) plugged into a usb triggered outlet(plug box into outlet, plug rope light into box, and hook usb line from box to tv so that when tv goes on/off the light coordinates) recently saw this 'luminoodle' self adhesive led bias light strip by a company called power products on amazon that just plugs directly into the usb port on tv's according to their products.

picked one up, installed it on my m701d and notice the lights don't seem like 6000k ish, but warmer maybe 5k or less

after about 20min of viewing, the bias light starts flashing on and off quickly, after a few seconds of that the entire display goes black and won't turn back on. frantic scrambling online looking for options try the hard power resets to no avail. then after unplugging and plugging in several times the display powers up to alternating static/black screens and doesn't respond to any remote (stock or harmony) nor does the power button on the back work.
after several more iterations of trying to hard power reset it the power button actually works to change inputs for about 30 seconds and get it to the point where it displays the roku video thru my denon receiver then the button stops working again. but the only way to turn display on and off is with power cord... finally it appears to give up the ghost all together and doesn't turn on again. after contacting vizio and iti find out an out of warranty repair is either $454 if they can fix it or $70 if they can, set up the repair.

the luminoodle people were baffled, saying they've never had anything like this happen and cannot believe their strip blew out my tv. then also point out that in fine print on the instructions it states that the strip needs up to 1a of power from the usb port to work(amazon page only claims .5a) regardless, there's no way to really know the capability of the port...

they did continue to try to be helpful in finding a solution to the technical issue and claimed they couldn't get vizio to tell them the power capabilities of the usb port (does any tv maker list how much power their usb ports can supply?) and made suggestions to me on things to try to get things working (none of which worked obviously since display out right died).

repair guy comes last night with new power board and main board, tell him story and he agrees no way could usb port support that much current. swap out boards, tv lives again.
this I time dig up a 1a usb wall wart from box of old chargers/etc, reinstall the usb triggered power supply with the wallwart and use that to power the luminoodle (kind of how i had it before with the rope light)
sent a message to luminoodle people to call me back so we can continue our discussion from last week of troubleshooting and see what they think about my $454 bill to fix my tv...

so anyhoo, tv updates to 1.34 firmware overnight, although everyone else seems to be on 2.xx something?
does anyone have calibration values since i lost all my old settings i had previously
hikouka
You probably blew the capacitors on the board. I would never plug anything into my USB ports on a TV other than a thumb drive unless it's powered. They sell a USB adapter for the Amazon Fire Stick and I won't even use that. Someone I know plugged one into his TV and it eventually went out. He took out the board and noticed the capacitors were blown, replaced them and it worked fine.

I have some led light strips that started blinking one day, I tested the power supply on them and it was only putting out 1v so I took it apart and the capacitors were blown, I replaced them and they work fine.

It seems the manufacturers of these capacitors are putting out junk these days. Onkyo had a recall on their receivers because of them blowing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page