post #1351 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlocked View Post

Is there anyone out there with the M501D-A2R that hasn't received the 1.04 firmware update yet? On this forum, it seems it's become a non-issue, which makes me worry that I'm the only one that hasn't received it yet.

I just got my update yesterday so it should be coming.
Gridlocked likes this.

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post

Light bleeding and clouding is NOT something you notice unless you are looking for it and it certainly isn't being obsessive. As stated, no one should be expecting perfection from a HDTV especially this one at these prices for the features. But that doesn't mean any flaw it does have should be deemed acceptable either. Not by everyone anyway. Yes, I understand no edge-lit HDTV will eliminate light bleeding entirely but I'm coming to the conclusion that the M series are at a level that wouldn't be acceptable to me.

I don't go looking for it, but I do notice it in an ANY screen that is black or even majority dark (like a starfield on space movies). Also, I see it when watching content with black bars at the top or bottom. I wish every Blu-ray filled my entire screen without having to stretch the image, but they don't.

Also, if I can turn on smart/micro dimming to hide it, I'm fine with that too, even though purists say to turn that feature off. But if the dimming then creates problems of its own, like a horizontal bar of light all the way across the screen, what am I supposed to do? I'm more than willing to use high-tech gimmicks to hide what I consider to be a defective panel...but if the manufacturer won't even let me do that, then its going back.
OptimusNeo09 likes this.
post #1353 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 02:30 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewright27 View Post

I don't go looking for it, but I do notice it in an ANY screen that is black or even majority dark (like a starfield on space movies). Also, I see it when watching content with black bars at the top or bottom. I wish every Blu-ray filled my entire screen without having to stretch the image, but they don't.

Also, if I can turn on smart/micro dimming to hide it, I'm fine with that too, even though purists say to turn that feature off. But if the dimming then creates problems of its own, like a horizontal bar of light all the way across the screen, what am I supposed to do? I'm more than willing to use high-tech gimmicks to hide what I consider to be a defective panel...but if the manufacturer won't even let me do that, then its going back.

Amen I'm still on fence I just like the slim panel to be honest but that sharp 80 is looking tastier and tastier and like 3 used ones on sale around here for 2500 as much as that 70 vizio with issues
post #1354 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I did a search and couldn't find anything so am wondering if I hook my Vizio VSB200 soundbar up to this TV will the remote that comes with it be able to be programmed to use the soundbar volume instead of the TV volume?

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
post #1355 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterist View Post

Just a quick note. I bought the 70" from Costco and it had terrible flash lighting and bleed. The next day there was a red line straight down the middle. So I returned it and I am glad I did. The replacement does not have the flashlighting and the backlight bleed is so nominal. I have not calibrated it yet but will post my settings when I do. For those with terrible issues on your 70" take it back and try another one. I am glad I did. I love my tv. 3d and playstation games and blue ray look amazing on this set. Also the screen is semi glossy and reflects but not enough to ruin if for me.

Glad you got a good second set!

I will for sure be replacing this TV but I'm so tired of returning TV's (and my wife hates me at this point) that I'm just gonna wait a bit ... maybe Vizio will get word whats up here and do something about it and a later batch of em' may be 10x better.

After tweaking and leaving on smart dimming and dealing with the weird things it produces its a trade off for a little blooming on dark scenes (that won;t affect anyone else I'm sure just me) and weird menu navigation.

When it's on the PQ is outstanding .... I am still tweaking minute by minute trying to find the sweet spot on advanced settings ... I don;t have any color calibration stuff so I'm waiting for a professional color setting, until then I just switched it over to Custom and I think its all 128 and left it there. Cut the color down down to like 48 and tint to -1 and that's as far as I have got on color. I keep auto brightness on with a high setting now and also the smart dimming as well. My cable I have smooth motion off and on my bluray and WD TV Live for all my downloaded .MKV's and Bluray 3D movies I have it set to on and low (with everything else the same). When you switch to 3D the setting change ... still trying to find the sweet spot when under 3D but I'm getting close (watched clips of more movies last night and the 3D is Friggin INSANELY Awesome!!! Even old movies like Titanic and Jurassic Park converted to 3D look Phenomenal!

Starting the TV at night looks like it's almost broke .. the light bleed is SO horrible looking on the start=up screen it kills me every time I turn it on.

The semi-gloss to this TV is perfect ... just a touch more then the E-Series to add a little extra to PQ but not in any way like a glossy plasma of the 65" version.

I cross my fingers my next one in a month or so is better and that I can make this a keeper. I love the great picture quality (when it's not a dark screen of course) and the look of this TV, the 3D as I have said is stellar and a whole new world for me (the wife was not on board with 3D but after last night she said she really enjoys it), and all around a great bang for the bucks ... they fix the bad light bleed ... Then this TV is a 9 / 10 for sure!!! Until then I'm still 6/10 for the value and features but things need to be changed.

Wish my ear was so critical but when you are spending a couple thousand dollars of your hard earned money ... a little more is expected and hoped for (I realize these are value TV's but the bleed on these is worse then anything I have seen come from them for years and years now .. so that's no acceptable).

Once again more to come as time goes on. smile.gif
post #1356 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 03:35 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterist View Post

Just a quick note. I bought the 70" from Costco and it had terrible flash lighting and bleed. The next day there was a red line straight down the middle. So I returned it and I am glad I did. The replacement does not have the flashlighting and the backlight bleed is so nominal. I have not calibrated it yet but will post my settings when I do. For those with terrible issues on your 70" take it back and try another one. I am glad I did. I love my tv. 3d and playstation games and blue ray look amazing on this set. Also the screen is semi glossy and reflects but not enough to ruin if for me.

You mention ps3 games looking great. How is the input lag? Does everything run smooth? I do a lot of online gaming so this is important to me.
post #1357 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I play a lot of ps3 games and I have not noticed any lag.. That is with smooth motion set to med and smart dimming on and everything looks and plays great.. Picture settings are the calibrated dark and calibrated.
post #1358 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Watching I, Robot 2D with Smart dimming On & black detail on High on my M551D, dark scenes pretty good, I can see a little bit of bleed at corners but overall I'm very pleased. I have been watching more movies with smoothing on, soap opera effect is starting to become acceptable as it adds a level of clarity to the picture. While the credits were rolling with blue type and black background, there was horizontal banding across the black screen, not a deal breaker for me, who actually reads the credits anyways but I did notice that the 701 doesn't have this as bad, maybe I still have some tweaking to do with the 55. Picture quality is very good as it is with my E701i. Finally I found a TV that I can keep for the living room. Sounds like those of you that got the 70" M series have more issues with those, maybe it's the panel size
post #1359 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM

I just picked up the M32 for my bedroom on Friday and so far it's been amazing. The remote is a little annoying as sometimes you have to click 2 or 3 times. I was wondering if there is a way to open some of the apps in full screen. Some of them, like Netflix, open in full screen but others, Amazon, open in the sidebar and there doesn't appear to be a way to make them full screen. Amazon is a little difficult to read sometimes in the sidebar. Is there a way to open Amazon, or other apps, in full screen?
post #1360 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

I will for sure be replacing this TV but I'm so tired of returning TV's (and my wife hates me at this point) that I'm just gonna wait a bit ... maybe Vizio will get word whats up here and do something about it and a later batch of em' may be 10x better.

After tweaking and leaving on smart dimming and dealing with the weird things it produces its a trade off for a little blooming on dark scenes (that won;t affect anyone else I'm sure just me) and weird menu navigation.

When it's on the PQ is outstanding .... I am still tweaking minute by minute trying to find the sweet spot on advanced settings ... I don;t have any color calibration stuff so I'm waiting for a professional color setting, until then I just switched it over to Custom and I think its all 128 and left it there. Cut the color down down to like 48 and tint to -1 and that's as far as I have got on color. I keep auto brightness on with a high setting now and also the smart dimming as well. My cable I have smooth motion off and on my bluray and WD TV Live for all my downloaded .MKV's and Bluray 3D movies I have it set to on and low (with everything else the same). When you switch to 3D the setting change ... still trying to find the sweet spot when under 3D but I'm getting close (watched clips of more movies last night and the 3D is Friggin INSANELY Awesome!!! Even old movies like Titanic and Jurassic Park converted to 3D look Phenomenal!

Starting the TV at night looks like it's almost broke .. the light bleed is SO horrible looking on the start=up screen it kills me every time I turn it on.

The semi-gloss to this TV is perfect ... just a touch more then the E-Series to add a little extra to PQ but not in any way like a glossy plasma of the 65" version.

I cross my fingers my next one in a month or so is better and that I can make this a keeper. I love the great picture quality (when it's not a dark screen of course) and the look of this TV, the 3D as I have said is stellar and a whole new world for me (the wife was not on board with 3D but after last night she said she really enjoys it), and all around a great bang for the bucks ... they fix the bad light bleed ... Then this TV is a 9 / 10 for sure!!! Until then I'm still 6/10 for the value and features but things need to be changed.

Wish my ear was so critical but when you are spending a couple thousand dollars of your hard earned money ... a little more is expected and hoped for (I realize these are value TV's but the bleed on these is worse then anything I have seen come from them for years and years now .. so that's no acceptable).

I don't think it's likely the light bleeding issues will be fixed until the model turns over next year. It's either live with what you have or research other brands which admittedly probably means a higher cost. Especially if you want at least the same level of picture quality.

Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
post #1361 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 07:18 PM

Need some help with a buying decision. Thought for sure I was going to get M651d but after reading pages and pages of this thread i'm not so sure. Sounds like the 65 has a lot of issues and the 70" is a little bigger than I want to go. I love the price of the Vizio 65 at $1700 but would I be better off with the Samsung UN65F7100? Are the issues of the Vizio 65 worth paying an extra $800 to avoid?
post #1362 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 07:34 PM

I keep seeing a lot of folks saying that if you don't like something about this television, you should just spend the extra money and get one of its superior competitors.

Am I missing something here? I want a really big screen television (LED, plasma, or front projector) with passive 3D, but I just don't see much out there that offers that at any price (outside the insanely priced 84" Sony and LG of course!)

So what am I missing, fellas?
post #1363 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook3m View Post

Need some help with a buying decision. Thought for sure I was going to get M651d but after reading pages and pages of this thread i'm not so sure. Sounds like the 65 has a lot of issues and the 70" is a little bigger than I want to go. I love the price of the Vizio 65 at $1700 but would I be better off with the Samsung UN65F7100? Are the issues of the Vizio 65 worth paying an extra $800 to avoid?

I'm sure the F7100 has its own set of issues but I'm leaning towards the Samsung because it appears to be less prone to light leakage. Also it has a true 240Hz refresh rate and better video processing (this would matter if you watch some SD content). So you are getting some benefits to the higher price. I'm not into 3D viewing but the Vizio is passive and the Samsung is active. Also, the apps probably work better on the Samsung. This would only come into play if you're going to use your Netflix, Amazon VOD or whatever from your TV.

Also, I suspect you're going to get a bias towards towards Vizio on this board and the same would hold true if you asked this question on the F7100 board. I love the styling of the M series but not all the comments on light leakage. In the end only you can determine if the F7100 is worth the extra $800. The F7100 seems to be in the sweet spot in Samsung's LED line up as it has most of the picture quality attributes of the F8000 but without all the smart interaction "garbage" (IMO).

Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
post #1364 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Come-back-Shane View Post

I keep seeing a lot of folks saying that if you don't like something about this television, you should just spend the extra money and get one of its superior competitors.

Am I missing something here? I want a really big screen television (LED, plasma, or front projector) with passive 3D, but I just don't see much out there that offers that at any price (outside the insanely priced 84" Sony and LG of course!)

So what am I missing, fellas?

Vizio is the only company I know of with a 80" passive 3D set, and only Sony & Vizio have passive 70" sets(although I think LG will have one later in the year)....so if your looking for sets 70"+ with passive 3D that's it! Plasma stops at 65" and is active 3D only, I don't now for sure but front projection is active 3D only as well I do believe.
post #1365 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 08:59 PM

Liked: 22
Anyone do a comparison on the Sony KDL-70R550A vs the Vizio M701D in terms of all the features and issues that others may have posted? I have not done any forum searches yet to see what people are saying about the KDL-70R550A, but at $2200 (Amazon) it is the same price as the Vizio with what looks like similar feature sets
post #1366 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 09:01 PM

I had the Samsung 7050. I believe it's the 7100 but costcos version. I had the 55". It was a beautiful tv and I've always liked Samsung. But it had the same terrible flash lighting in the corners. Same as the vizio 70". I bought. My second one is amazing. Like I stated before, I am glad I returned it and got another. This tv is exactly what I wanted. As for play station games there is no lag. Runs beautiful. Very smooth. We just watched Transylvania on starz 3d and it was just like in the theaters. Very bright, clear picture. (Btw I have Comcast). The samsungs active 3d to me wasn't as good. Yes there is no interlacing but active doesn't seem to have that pop that passive has. Also the image is darker due to the shutters on the glasses. A quick tip for those who don't know. If you buy the m series look at the bottom on the sides. There are 4 white plastic clips. Squeeze the inner parts together and pull out. This releases the sides and top from the bottom of the box. Makes life so much easier. I had my tv out of the box and installed on my wall mount in under 5 minutes.
josephpearson and lotohnz like this.
post #1367 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:

I know what you mean. This was my 6th tv from Costco in under 2 months. :-)
post #1368 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there any way to turn off smooth motion when in 3d
post #1369 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 10:20 PM

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabonuk View Post

I haven't found any way to do that. In game mode there only seems to a medium setting with no other options. It isn't noticable at medium in game mode though with Xbox 360 . On a slightly off topic note, I played Halo CE Anniversary edition in 3d today for the first time. The drop in sharpness vs. 2D was a disappointment. The 3D effect was pretty good though. I suspect that some amount of smooth motion (aka high frame rate) is necessary when viewing passive 3D in order to provide a better 3D experience. In other words, more frames per second provides more information for our brains to provide a "cleaner" 3D effect with the technical limitations of passive 3D in 1080p panels .
post #1370 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM

Liked: 25
I'm looking at the 80" for my family room. I've seen a lot of people talking about issues with dark images but we mainly watch DirecTV on this set & watch movies in one of my 2 theater rooms. That being said it seems like it would work just fine on brighter regular HD programming. AM I reading this right from all of the information?

post #1371 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:

I'm wondering this too. 3D is fantastic, but the smooth motion kicks in and is grayed out so you can't disable it.
post #1372 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter71 View Post

Anyone do a comparison on the Sony KDL-70R550A vs the Vizio M701D in terms of all the features and issues that others may have posted?

I would love to see this as well. I have seen the Sony there at Costco for a while but knew this Vizio was coming out and wanted to wait.

Plus When I first saw the Sony a couple months back the video loop they we're showing had TONS of ghosting / Halo effect around the people and sports were all choppy looking.

I know the feeds there are nothing to go by but right next to it was the 70" Vizio E-Series and had ZERO ghosting effect playing the same video.

When I bought the 70" Sharp Aquous last year that was the main reason it went back .. sprots we're horrible, football was so bad to watch ... all I saw was the blocky ghosting around the payers and even the ball when it was thrown ... I remember watching golf and just watching Tiger move inf ront a green grass golf course it had the distracting haloish blocks around him.

So when I saw this on the Sony I said ... No Way ... not gonna have that again ... that is Hands Down the worst thing I can't get past. I would keep this TV with horrible light bleed over a TV with pure 100% astounding picture and the blackest blacks with no bleed but had the ghosting / halo effect.

So now that I went on my first impressions of the Sony I am hoping maybe I was wrong and it just had a bad setting and it could have been fixed very easy.

Would sure love to know what the Pros and Cons are of the 70" Sony (I know there is a thread on the 500 series but damn it's so long ... wish I could find some solid reviews and some fast feedback.

I hate to think of boxing this 70" M-Series back up cause really watching TV is great on this thing and Bluray / .MKV videos look AMAZING on this thing.

I have been running the Smart Dimming on this and really you can;t see anything at all during normal viewing ... It's not all that bad ... it just drives me nuts to know I have to run certain things and do specific settings to do away with something that should be there in the first place. I would like to turn it off and still have a great picture without seeing massive horrible light blotches all over the edges and bottom of the screen.

Gonna start researching the Sony 70" R550 model and see how that stacks up against this.

One thing I like on that is it's still Passive 3D I think ... cause the 3D on this M-Series is utterly Astounding to me (and I had the 70" Sharp before with Passive 3D and DID NOT like it at all).

Gonna hold on tot his one for a bit and then decide after a little research is I wanna give the Sony a try ... or take a shot with another M-Series and hope the light bleed is Way better.

Guess we'll see.
post #1373 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest790 View Post

I'm wondering this too. 3D is fantastic, but the smooth motion kicks in and is grayed out so you can't disable it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBubbleGuy View Post

I haven't found any way to do that. In game mode there only seems to a medium setting with no other options. It isn't noticable at medium in game mode though with Xbox 360 . On a slightly off topic note, I played Halo CE Anniversary edition in 3d today for the first time. The drop in sharpness vs. 2D was a disappointment. The 3D effect was pretty good though. I suspect that some amount of smooth motion (aka high frame rate) is necessary when viewing passive 3D in order to provide a better 3D experience. In other words, more frames per second provides more information for our brains to provide a "cleaner" 3D effect with the technical limitations of passive 3D in 1080p panels .

I watch my 3D movies via HDMI through a WD TV Live media streamer that is networked through the house to my office that is connected to my office PC that has TONS of .MKV High-Def movies and a folder with a bunch of .MKV 3D Movies I have downloaded.

When I watch them through the WD TV Player I have the option of turning on and off all my advanced settings including the Smooth Motion.

Maybe if you are watching a 3D Movie though a Bluray player that option might be disabled being its a different piece of hardware and software configuration.

Not sure why you can't but I am able to ... though I keep mine on during all Bluray and 3D movie playback ... smooth motion on 3D movie only adds to to clarity and smoothness that you wan't in a 3D scene ... no reason to turn it off in my opinion.
post #1374 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Advanced Member

Weird how the 70" Vizio has been removed from the Costco.com website.

Tried finding the Sony 70" R550 on there as well and nothing.
post #1375 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 PM

Does anybody know how MUCH better the 65" PQ is to E701i-A3?
I'm really having a hard time deciding which one to get: The 70" E series or the 65" 2013 M series.
My priority is size and PQ, not so much about 3d and smartapps. How are the whites and black comparison between these two models?

My 3rd option would be Samsung's 65" F6350.

I just want to replace my 52" sony to a bigger and better PQ TV.

I'd appreciate any advice
post #1376 of 9861 Old 06-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quibby View Post

Does anybody know how MUCH better the 65" PQ is to E701i-A3?
I'm really having a hard time deciding which one to get: The 70" E series or the 65" 2013 M series.
My priority is size and PQ, not so much about 3d and smartapps. How are the whites and black comparison between these two models?

My 3rd option would be Samsung's 65" F6350.

I just want to replace my 52" sony to a bigger and better PQ TV.

I'd appreciate any advice

I returned my 70" E-Series for this 70" M-Series ... if you read back you will see my complaints about this TV.

But those complaints aside (Horrible light bleed and weird smart dimming) The Picture quality and whites and blacks and overall clarity and enjoyment ... the M-Series KILLS the E-Series as far as overall picture in ANY aspect!

I have my pissyness with this new M-Series but goodness the picture when watching things is astounding ... and coming from the E-Series I never once said that at all.

The E-Series is very cheap but nice looking panel ... but in no way if you are interested in overall picture quality will anyone be able to say the E series looks better then the M!

With Smart Dimming on the Blacks are pretty damn black, and the colors (though I don;t even have any kind or calibrated or pro settings) looks WAY better to me then the E ... there really is no comparison.

Now keep in mind I am speaking of the 70" M ... but I haven't read much bad about the 65" so I would assume the PQ is the same if not better ... just be prepared for a mirror of a screen from what I read (and the E series is very matte with hardly any reflection issues).

Your priorities are size and PQ ... you are stuck in the middle if you are trying to decide between the 70" E and 65" M ... the 70" well of course has you size aspect covered ... the 65", that has your PQ side of it covered.

If I we're you and knowing what I know .... I would pull the trigger on the 65" M-Series if the glare and reflections will not be an issue for you.
post #1377 of 9861 Old 06-17-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:

I returned my 70" E-Series for this 70" M-Series ... if you read back you will see my complaints about this TV.

But those complaints aside (Horrible light bleed and weird smart dimming) The Picture quality and whites and blacks and overall clarity and enjoyment ... the M-Series KILLS the E-Series as far as overall picture in ANY aspect!

I have my pissyness with this new M-Series but goodness the picture when watching things is astounding ... and coming from the E-Series I never once said that at all.

The E-Series is very cheap but nice looking panel ... but in no way if you are interested in overall picture quality will anyone be able to say the E series looks better then the M!

With Smart Dimming on the Blacks are pretty damn black, and the colors (though I don;t even have any kind or calibrated or pro settings) looks WAY better to me then the E ... there really is no comparison.

Now keep in mind I am speaking of the 70" M ... but I haven't read much bad about the 65" so I would assume the PQ is the same if not better ... just be prepared for a mirror of a screen from what I read (and the E series is very matte with hardly any reflection issues).

Your priorities are size and PQ ... you are stuck in the middle if you are trying to decide between the 70" E and 65" M ... the 70" well of course has you size aspect covered ... the 65", that has your PQ side of it covered.

If I we're you and knowing what I know .... I would pull the trigger on the 65" M-Series if the glare and reflections will not be an issue for you.

Yes, I actually read your complaints about this M series, hehe, which is why I had to think twice about considering it smile.gif I know there's not alot of owners yet, but it's tough to swallow the price jump from the M series 65" to the 70" when I don't really care much about the 3d and apps. So I figured that a decent set, as long as it's large size and better than my current TV, I'll be more than happy. The reviews on the E series 70" seems to be great, and that price is just too good. My current tv is the Sony KDL52ex700 and I read it's not that great of a TV, well it's 3/5 stars from CNET. So I'd be more than happy if the 70 E-series performs better than my Sony.
post #1378 of 9861 Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook3m View Post

Check out post #65 in the URL of the thread below, on my review of the 65" Samsung F6350. I really dont think you need to get the 7100 UNLESS you have to have 3D. The screen uniformity on my 6350 is excellent, and light bleed and clouding drives me bonkers as I have only owned plasmas up until this year. I would absolutely not put up with what you guys are experiencing on a $2300 TV. No way, no how....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread/60#post_23430146

Just offering a friendly suggestion here for everyone else on this thread dealing with the terrible light bleed on the M-series 70's: you all should look at the Samsung F series this year as the clouding and light bleed has been brought under control quite well. Below are some pics of my 65" F6350 from Costco. Pics taken in a completely dark room.

post #1379 of 9861 Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter520 View Post

Check out post 65 of this thread on my review of the 65" Samsung F6350. I really dont think you need to get the 7100 UNLESS you have to have 3D. The screen uniformity on my 6350 is excellent, and light bleed and clouding drives me bonkers as I have only owned plasmas up until this year. I would absolutely not put up with what you guys are experiencing on a $2300 TV. No way, no how....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread/60#post_23430146

Just offering a friendly suggestion here for everyone else on this thread dealing with the terrible light bleed on the M-series 70's: you all should look at the Samsung F series this year as the clouding and light bleed has been brought under control quite well. Below are some pics of my 65" F6350 from Costco. Pics taken in a completely dark room.

Thanks Scooter, I actually saw this post of yours since I myself am deciding between Samsung F6350, Vizio 70E-series, and 65" M series. Do you know how the Samsung compares to the 65" M series? On my local Costco, they don't carry the M series yet, but they do have the Samsung F6350 and I agree that it looks fantastic, and IMO was the best looking set there with excellent viewing angles. Do you know if it's a semi-gloss or pure gloss screen? I'm really torn between these 3 sets and they all fall under my $2k budget.

Your images looks amazing btw, thanks for sharing!
post #1380 of 9861 Old 06-17-2013, 01:19 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quibby View Post

Thanks Scooter, I actually saw this post of yours since I myself am deciding between Samsung F6350, Vizio 70E-series, and 65" M series. Do you know how the Samsung compares to the 65" M series? On my local Costco, they don't carry the M series yet, but they do have the Samsung F6350 and I agree that it looks fantastic, and IMO was the best looking set there with excellent viewing angles. Do you know if it's a semi-gloss or pure gloss screen? I'm really torn between these 3 sets and they all fall under my $2k budget.

Your images looks amazing btw, thanks for sharing!

Its not as glossy as the 65 M series as I looked at that set at Best Buy, and not as glossy as plasmas. At the same time, its not matte like last years Sharp series (which I dont like); so I guess semi-gloss. I cant say how it would compare to the 65 M series as I only saw it at best buy, never purchased. Unfortunately, it comes down to what shortcomings you're willing to put up with these days when buying a TV, which is really unfortunate when the average (not high end) 65" LED runs between $1700-2400. If you look back further in this thread, I posted a few pics of the bad light bleed on a M55 I saw at BB when they first came out. I could see light bleed on the letterboxes on the BB loop in the main bright viewing area. I knew this would not be good once I got it home, if I could see light bleed in a bright store.

Good luck with whatever you go with....
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page