Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 58 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1711 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I've purchased a total of 8 TVs from Amazon and returned two of them. Never a single issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 02:30 PM

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

I've purchased a total of 8 TVs from Amazon and returned two of them. Never a single issue.

I doubt Amazon would sell very many TV's if most people had an experience as bad as my last one (the first TV I bought from them about 4 years ago was a good experience).
post #1713 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 02:32 PM

Pictures of the 65 and 70 mounted to my wall for anyone interested in the difference in their reflectivity.
stevenpf and QuadraQ like this.
post #1714 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 03:13 PM

Liked: 11
There are other factors that have changed. I think to my eyes the comparison is skewed. I have the 65 inch model and I know it reflects, because of the screen. However, you can clearly see that the room is far brighter in the picture of the 65 inch model. I have had the 65 inch model for almost 3 weeks, and I am every happy with it. Like anyone who has owned a Plasma tv the reflection is no worse then the plasma's.
post #1715 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil68 View Post

There are other factors that have changed. I think to my eyes the comparison is skewed. I have the 65 inch model and I know it reflects, because of the screen. However, you can clearly see that the room is far brighter in the picture of the 65 inch model. I have had the 65 inch model for almost 3 weeks, and I am every happy with it. Like anyone who has owned a Plasma tv the reflection is no worse then the plasma's.

The pictures are straight out of my phone with everything set to auto. It's true that the lighting seems a bit different, and they were taken on different days, both overcast. I didn't do anything to skew the images one way or the other. I'll see if I can get a picture of the 70 that has equivalent lighting to the photo of the 65. I didn't return the 65 due to the glossiness of the screen, but rather a defect in the image. I would have gladly kept the 65 if it hadn't been defective.
post #1716 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuvideo View Post

What are you using for audio out? SPIDF or HDMI?
I'm using the optical out, and notice there is some lag sometimes with the audio/video not being in sync-but I just ignore it, it doesn't really bother me. This is on the M50 50" series. There is a setting, under Audio, to change the delay-I haven't messed with it yet. Just wondering if you have tried that setting, and if it made any difference?
I'm going HDMI in, optical out, to the Vizio 2.1 soundbar.

havasuvideo,

Just wondering if you are using your TV remote to control the Vizio soundbar? I just purchased a Vizio 2.0 soundbar (VSB207BT) and so far am unable to find out anywhere how to program the TV remote to control the soundbar so I only need one remote.

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
post #1717 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekPM19 View Post

If you don't care about 3d is their any reason the get the M series over the E series. I just want a 70" that looks good and doesn't have motion problems or the SOE look to it.
Allen

The PQ is WAY better on the M as compared to the E-series ..... plus I went through 2 of them and both had a real ugly DSE (dirty screen effect) that drove me nuts.

The M-Series is just a far better quality panel for quality, colors, and clarity ... but the E-Series has less issues with Light Bleed and blooming.

It;s a trade off I guess ... but I would not go back to the E-Series after watching TV on this 70" M-Series thats for sure .... I know now how much better PQ can look.
post #1718 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBubbleGuy View Post

Pictures of the 65 and 70 mounted to my wall for anyone interested in the difference in their reflectivity.

LOL LOL LOL

Ya I have the 70" and the reflections are worse then the 70" E-series but Oh My ... that 65" is basically a MIRROR hanging on the wall. LOL

I would never be able to handle that .... I kinda get a little pissed at the 70" now and again ... that 65 would drive me insane.

That glossy screen does make the picture Pop though ... but normal living rooms that would just be a no go ... one main reason why I never have owned a Plasma (that and the burn-in / IR issues)

Love the Onkyo speakers .... I bought that same system with those speakers and the surrounds plus sub about 8 years ago and it's benn AMAZING ever since (I added a 12" powered sub to the current 10" with that kit ... plus since then I upgraded the receiver to a Denon) ... but those speakers have Rocked and Rolled forever!!!
post #1719 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

LOL LOL LOL

Ya I have the 70" and the reflections are worse then the 70" E-series but Oh My ... that 65" is basically a MIRROR hanging on the wall. LOL

I would never be able to handle that .... I kinda get a little pissed at the 70" now and again ... that 65 would drive me insane.

That glossy screen does make the picture Pop though ... but normal living rooms that would just be a no go ... one main reason why I never have owned a Plasma (that and the burn-in / IR issues)

Love the Onkyo speakers .... I bought that same system with those speakers and the surrounds plus sub about 8 years ago and it's benn AMAZING ever since (I added a 12" powered sub to the current 10" with that kit ... plus since then I upgraded the receiver to a Denon) ... but those speakers have Rocked and Rolled forever!!!

Yeah, the difference between the 65 and 70 is pretty big. Most of the time I don't see any reflections in it, whereas with the 65 some of the time I didn't see reflections! I'm glad to have bought the 70. The only downside is the slight ghosting in 3D that was never an issue with the 65.

Yeah, I got the 7.1 Onkyo system for Christmas from my wife about 4 years ago. It does sound good! I have upgraded the receiver to a newer Onkyo. I found a nice mid size Polk Audio sub at Goodwill that I turn on when watching an appropriate movie. Some day I'm going to build a sub that will shake the walls.
post #1720 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM

My 70" was delivered this afternoon.....pretty much DOA.
Kept turning off by itself. I finally was able to get it on long enough to register it and saw "maybe" a minute of television. Then half the screen went bad...then the screen went out totally.

Long story short, I was able to pick one up at a warehouse store. At least this one works....but I have some lip sync now..... frown.gif

Pat
post #1721 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post

havasuvideo,

Just wondering if you are using your TV remote to control the Vizio soundbar? I just purchased a Vizio 2.0 soundbar (VSB207BT) and so far am unable to find out anywhere how to program the TV remote to control the soundbar so I only need one remote.

Dug a little deeper in the manual and found the following so wondered if this is telling me that I can only control the soundbar volume with the TV remote if I'm using the RCA cable instead of the optical cable that I am currently using???

Digital Audio Out - Changes the type of processing for
the Optical output when connected to a home theater
audio system. Select PCM or Bitstream.

• Analog Audio Out - Sets the volume control properties
for the analog RCA (red/white) connectors when
connected to a home theater audio system. Select
Variable to control the external speakers’ volume from
the TV’s volume controls, or select Fixed to control the
external speakers’ volume from your home theater system
controls.

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
post #1722 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 06:06 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBubbleGuy View Post

I'm a casual gamer at best, so my input won't mean much. I'll dust off my controller and let you know what I think.
thanks!
post #1723 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:

Dug a little deeper in the manual and found the following so wondered if this is telling me that I can only control the soundbar volume with the TV remote if I'm using the RCA cable instead of the optical cable that I am currently using???

Digital Audio Out - Changes the type of processing for
the Optical output when connected to a home theater
audio system. Select PCM or Bitstream.

• Analog Audio Out - Sets the volume control properties
for the analog RCA (red/white) connectors when
connected to a home theater audio system. Select
Variable to control the external speakers’ volume from
the TV’s volume controls, or select Fixed to control the
external speakers’ volume from your home theater system
controls.

I use the Dish remote to control the volume on the sound bar-I have the actual volume on the TV turned off, and use optical out. When I need to adjust the bass/treble, I still need to use the SB remote.
post #1724 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Anyone have a setting for PS3 game mode because Vizio game mode setting is too dark..Thanks

Vizio- M501D
Yamaha-RX-V675
SONY-PS4
Klipsch- F30,SUB12, C20
post #1725 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post

Anyone have a setting for PS3 game mode because Vizio game mode setting is too dark..Thanks
what do you think about gameplay on ps3? any lag?
post #1726 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa2009 View Post

what do you think about gameplay on ps3? any lag?

I was playing BF3 last night using Game mode and didn't notice any lag at all but like others here I am far from hardcore and considered a casual gamer but I was paying attention to see if I noticed any so maybe I'm more hardcore than I thought, LOL.

post #1727 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

The PQ is WAY better on the M as compared to the E-series ..... plus I went through 2 of them and both had a real ugly DSE (dirty screen effect) that drove me nuts.

The M-Series is just a far better quality panel for quality, colors, and clarity ... but the E-Series has less issues with Light Bleed and blooming.

It;s a trade off I guess ... but I would not go back to the E-Series after watching TV on this 70" M-Series thats for sure .... I know now how much better PQ can look.

Thanks ....Have you compared this to the 70" sony 550a
Allen
post #1728 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM

Just looking at the Vizio site. It looks like they've dropped the retail price on the 80" by $200.
post #1729 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 PM

Liked: 10
Looks like all the 3D M-series are discounted on vizio's website by $150-$300 MSRP. Most notable the 70 is $2200
post #1730 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM

If anyone has an interest, Target.com has the 60" and 70" on a "Temporary Price" cut. The 60" is $1399, $200 off, and the 70" is $2199, $300 off. Also, if you use the "Target Red Card" (the Target credit card or Debit card) you get an extra 5% off and free shipping. I've been eyeing the 70" myself. They had it at full retail until yesterday. I just made the purchase. They carry the other ones too, but it doesn't look like they've come down any.
post #1731 of 9869 Old 06-24-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:

I was playing BF3 last night using Game mode and didn't notice any lag at all but like others here I am far from hardcore and considered a casual gamer but I was paying attention to see if I noticed any so maybe I'm more hardcore than I thought, LOL.

I used to play BF3 on my xbox using Game picture mode, but I found game picture mode does 60hz instead of 120hz. Try playing using standard picture mode and you'll see a difference.
post #1732 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekPM19 View Post

Thanks ....Have you compared this to the 70" sony 550a
Allen

Just side by side at Costco is all ... so not really.

The one thing that has thrown me from day 1 on the Sony is the same issue I had with the Sharp 70" ... GHOSTING / HALO Effect!!!

The Sharp I bought was absolutely horrible.

And when I look at the Sony side by side at Costco running the same feed from DTV on the same station (today it was sportcenter) The Sony had pretty bad halo / ghosting effect around the player when I saw some Hockey footage and what not ... you can just see that pixely halo around the players as they more and football players as they run.

But the Vizio right next it it ... Looked perfect!

That REALLY scares me and has me not even wanting to give it a try. Maybe some settings on the Sony can be adjusted to help with that but if it's anything like the Sharp not a Damn Thing could make it go away.

And I have yet to see ANY of that on basically any Vizio for that matter .... I am a BIG into sports so that ghosting around players would drive me BoNkErS!

The PQ on the Sony looked really goo and vibrant and I have heard so much talk about it having bad viewing angles but they we're almost Exactly the same as the Vizio M to me ... the angles on the Sony IMHO are perfectly fine.

I I hadn't seen that horrible ghosting / halo effect when I saw this TV on the Costco loop a while back ... then again on an DTV HDMI perfect feed doing the same thing .... I may have given it a try ... I think I may just stick with the Vizio .... Worst case scenario maybe exchange it for another one in a month or so to see if I can luck out and get one with a little better panel and less light bleed (knowing my luck ti will be worse ..lol)
post #1733 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartbeezy View Post

Looks like all the 3D M-series are discounted on vizio's website by $150-$300 MSRP. Most notable the 70 is $2200

Ya those all seem to match the Costco prices now.

Thats a good deal if you are buying these models and nto the Costco models since Costco ones are 4 pairs of 3D glasses and these other are 8.

This is about the price I assumed these TV's would be going for anyway ... I think this start to be the normal price and not a sale price very soon. (or if nothing else they will just Always be on sale)
post #1734 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:

Just side by side at Costco is all ... so not really.

The one thing that has thrown me from day 1 on the Sony is the same issue I had with the Sharp 70" ... GHOSTING / HALO Effect!!!

The Sharp I bought was absolutely horrible.

And when I look at the Sony side by side at Costco running the same feed from DTV on the same station (today it was sportcenter) The Sony had pretty bad halo / ghosting effect around the player when I saw some Hockey footage and what not ... you can just see that pixely halo around the players as they more and football players as they run.

But the Vizio right next it it ... Looked perfect!

That REALLY scares me and has me not even wanting to give it a try. Maybe some settings on the Sony can be adjusted to help with that but if it's anything like the Sharp not a Damn Thing could make it go away.

And I have yet to see ANY of that on basically any Vizio for that matter .... I am a BIG into sports so that ghosting around players would drive me BoNkErS!)

The out of the box settings for the Sony have the sharpness settings way too high which causes artifacts around the players. All you have to do is dial that setting way down to minimize the pixels halo around the players.
post #1735 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 04:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks Falcon, football is what I want a 70" TV for and movie watching but football for sure.
Thanks
Allen
post #1736 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Does the M series have IP control?
post #1737 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 AM

Liked: 24
Quick couple of questions about the M Series. So far the overwhelming majority of complaints here and on Amazon/BestBuy and all the other websites have revolved around the remote and its line of sight, so since I haven't used an included remote in years in favor of my Harmony remote, is there any reason why the Harmony wouldn't work with it ? And for the most part I haven't really read anything bad about the gaming on these sets. Right now I'm looking at the 55" and 60" versions to go in a man cave for Movies, 3D and mainly sports. Can anyone think of a reason NOT to get this TV ? . As an aside, sunday I purchased the 55" Samsung 7100 at Best Buy and was at the store yesterday morning at 9:30 to return it. My biggest complaint was the awful flashlighting and the inability to turn off the SOE. Things I'm reading here aren't an issue. My only real screw up was I paid for the TV with my debit card and now have to wait the 10-14 days to get a check from Best Buy mad.gif

We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and spiders

My current gear : (Mancave) Vizio M701, Sony Str-DA5800 receiver,  Speakers : Front.. Klipsh RF-7 reference flagship, Center.. RC-64 reference, Surrounds.. 4x RC-62 reference, DirecTv Genie, PS3, Oppo BDP-105 Universal Audiophile blu-ray. 

post #1738 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 AM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post

Does the M series have IP control?
What's that?
post #1739 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer the medic View Post

Quick couple of questions about the M Series. So far the overwhelming majority of complaints here and on Amazon/BestBuy and all the other websites have revolved around the remote and its line of sight, so since I haven't used an included remote in years in favor of my Harmony remote, is there any reason why the Harmony wouldn't work with it ? And for the most part I haven't really read anything bad about the gaming on these sets. Right now I'm looking at the 55" and 60" versions to go in a man cave for Movies, 3D and mainly sports. Can anyone think of a reason NOT to get this TV ? . As an aside, sunday I purchased the 55" Samsung 7100 at Best Buy and was at the store yesterday morning at 9:30 to return it. My biggest complaint was the awful flashlighting and the inability to turn off the SOE. Things I'm reading here aren't an issue. My only real screw up was I paid for the TV with my debit card and now have to wait the 10-14 days to get a check from Best Buy mad.gif

I have the 55 and the ONLY issue I have is light bleed with a black background which isn't really an issue. The 3D is great & the fast motion is too. Watched the final game of the Stanley cup playoffs & PQ & motion was great. It will fit in the mancave just fine.
OptimusNeo09 likes this.
post #1740 of 9869 Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer the medic View Post

I would look at costco or sams club for the Vizio and get the largest one that can be shoehorned in, and no I can't think of a reason not. Have a 65 inch Vizio in the front room and a 47inch one in my man cave, but if I could sneak an 80 inch past the wife the 65 would be in the man cave. biggrin.gif

As for BB, made up my mind 5 years ago that my feet can't walk on that floor again.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony dhg-hdd250 , Vizio 32 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio 55 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv M3d550sl , vizio m401i-a3 40" hdtv , Vizio M471i A2 47 Inch Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M551d A2r 55 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M601d A3r 60 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M701d A3r 70 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio M801d A3 80 Inch 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page