AVS Forum banner
2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  dvdchance 
#1 ·
Announced at CES:
http://store.vizio.com/news/cat/news/post/vizio-reveals-expanded-2013-hdtv-collection

Nice looking with slim bezel. No availability date yet. Pricing:

VIZIO M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs

32” Razor LED Smart TV (M321i) – $399.99 Retail Price

40” Razor LED Smart TV (M401i) – $529.99 Retail Price

47” Razor LED Smart TV (M471i) – $699.99 Retail Price

VIZIO M-Series Razor LED Smart TVs w/Theater 3D

50” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M501d) – $849.99 Retail Price

55” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M551d) – $1,199.99 Retail Price

60” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M601d) – $1,599.99 Retail Price

65” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M651d) – $1,999.99 Retail Price

70” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M701d) – $2,499.99 Retail Price

80” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M801d) – $4,499.99 Retail Price

See less See more
#10 ·
As long as they can fix the blooming and any uniformity issues from the previous M series, then they could very well have a winner here. The 2012 M series with similar LED backlighting (edge lit, local dimming) was noted as one of the best picture quality LCDs.

I expect great things from this set. Hopefully great enough to buy a 70" set. Crossing my fingers that there will be a Black Friday deal for sub $1800ish.

#11 ·
Really looking forward to this series myself. I was excited for last year's E-series, especially the 70 inch. I think waiting was a good decision, though, because prices are just going to be getting lower and lower and those designs are getting to be amaaaaaaaazing. This year's M-series looks stunning with that thin bezel. In terms of picture quality, I really just don't expect much from LCDs. I am focused on size, price and design. I'll be more concerned about picture quality when OLEDs start becoming affordable, which will probably be 5-8 years away for me. In the meantime I'm looking to nab a giant Vizio that looks pretty just sitting on my wall
and has decent enough picture quality (and hopefully not too much BACKLIGHT BLEED!!!!!!!!!!!)

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000  /t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread#post_22924763

Does anyone know if these will have glossy or semi-glossy screens?

Assuming this information will still be correct at launch, according to the CNET CES piece :
Quote:
Vizio also mentioned that like all of its 65-inch passive 3D TVs, the 65-inch M651d will have the glass pattern retarder finish, which results in the glossy screen we disliked so much on models like the M3D651SV. The other 3D sizes will have a matte or at least semi-gloss film pattern retarder, like the M3D0KD, while the smaller non-3D sets will be straight matte.

#17 ·
I just bought the 70" E-series and though I like it so far (little uniformity issue in the middle of screen on white-ish action scenes) this new 70" series has got me Mega Excited!!!

70” Razor LED Smart TV w/Theater 3D (M701d) – $2,499.99 Retail Price .... PLEASE GET IN STOCK VIZIO !!!!!

I have until April 28th to return my e-series to Costco ... I am Hoping And Praying Costco has this 70" M-series in the store by then!

Please keep this thread updated on new word from Vizio on when these exactly will be released.

#18 ·
I really hope Vizio posts approximate release months soon. I'm really interested in the new M-series, too, in 65". I'm curious about the PQ difference between the 65" M-series and the 70" E series. If it's substantially better on the 65", I might nab it... otherwise, I'm looking at nabbing the 70" E series soon as I'd like a bigger picture and don't want to spend what other brands ask for 65-70".

The 70" E has already been proven to have a decent picture anyhow.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581  /t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread#post_22969391

I really hope Vizio posts approximate release months soon. I'm really interested in the new M-series, too, in 65". I'm curious about the PQ difference between the 65" M-series and the 70" E series. If it's substantially better on the 65", I might nab it... otherwise, I'm looking at nabbing the 70" E series soon as I'd like a bigger picture and don't want to spend what other brands ask for 65-70".

The 70" E has already been proven to have a decent picture anyhow.

I have the M3D651SV model (late 2012 model). One feature I like for this model is that it has local dimming (smart dimming). I don't beleive the current e-Series has this feature. Though I've read some reviews of this feature on other brands that don't seem to like it much, I think it helps the blacks in some scenes.

Rick

#21 ·
I'm waiting to see what the M551d looks like. I fell in love with the PQ on the M3d550kd but had to return last summer due to backlight bleed and crazy anomalie with local dimming on. Hopefully Vizio fixes those issues and I'll gladly spend $1200 or so (55") on a Vizio. It's better than dropping $2300 on a ES8000 just to have crappy blacks and terrible light-bleed, long story.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskajoel  /t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread#post_22986630

Looking at Vizio's web store for TVs greater than 50", over half of their models are sold out online. I hope this means we can see the M701d available soon!

Every finger and toe I have is crossed ... I am 100% THERE when Costco gets this TV.

My E-series 70" is nice but just not nice enough ... I and hoping that this new M Series 70" is the ticket!!!

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfbit  /t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread#post_22897670

My Samsung HL-T5687S has a dying DMD chip and I do not want to fix it only to have a LED go out or something else. I was looking at maybe grabbing a Vizio M3D550KDE from Costco for $850 but now I want to wait for a M551d...

tfbit,

When you say the DMD chip is dying ... is that the one that causes the ever growing number of white specs (stuck mirrors)? If so, I'm in the same boat with my HL-T5087S.
IOf the new M series, I think the M601d is going to be the sweet spot for me.

pat----

#25 ·
Yep. Up to 8 full white dots and 1 flashing gray as of last night. Hoping to see new Vizio LEDs at Costco soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by psklenar  /t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread#post_22993144

tfbit,

When you say the DMD chip is dying ... is that the one that causes the ever growing number of white specs (stuck mirrors)? If so, I'm in the same boat with my HL-T5087S.
IOf the new M series, I think the M601d is going to be the sweet spot for me.

pat----

#26 ·
It's sad, because I've lived the image on this Samsung DLP since Day One. But I was bit by the bad power supply capacitors to the tune of $300 about 6 months after the warranty expired. With my luck ... the LEDs would die right after I pay several hundred more to fix the END.

I spent my whole lunch break searching for info on these new M series TV's ... have there been any reports as to expected availability?