New video card looks awful over HDMI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a Gigabyte 1gb ddr3 6670 in the mail. I am upgrading from a 6600gt that I had hooked up to my TV via a DVI-> HDMI cable and optical for sound. One of the reasons I decided to upgrade my video card was to have a single cable solution for HD audio/video. I hooked it up via HDMI, and the picture is awful! The text is...not blurry...but definitely not sharp, colors are not quite right, and my desktop is WAAYY oversharpened. It honestly looks like it would if I was just using the generic windwos video drivers, but I am positive I have the right drivers, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled them twice.

I Tried hooking up the new 6670 via my old DVI->HDMI cable, and everything looks great, just as it did before; sharp, clear text; nice colors. Using the DVI output, my overscan is set to 0% (which it should be, correct?), With just the straight HDMI cable, I need to set it three has marks to the left of 0% to get it to work.

I am hooked up from Computer (6670) -> Onkyo HT-R390 Receiver -> 1080p TV. AMD Vision center detects my display as HT-R390.

Any ideas on what is wrong here?
Thank You!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page