Looking for suggestions. Help please. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have not been here in a few years after receiving some great advice on a home theater set up. I'm hoping to get some help again.

I currently have an older Sony 60" DLP that I use as a computer monitor as well as watching TV with cable service. I do a lot of browsing on the net and watch downloaded movies with no major problems. I have noticed that the set suddenly goes a few shades darker every once in a while and figure the set is on its way out. It served me well for 6 years and will soon be looking for another set to browse and watch TV. Here is where hopefully someone here can help out and recommend a new TV.

The computer I have hooked up to the TV has an HDMI output so connectivity should not be a problem. I have surround system so I am not too concerned about sound quality from the TV. As mentioned earlier, I enjoy watching downloaded movies as well as sports on TV. Motion blurring is a concern of mine as my set now is 60hz and am looking forward to have less blur watching football and hockey. I am not a gamer.

I have read one of the major things to consider along with refresh rate is response time. How much stock should I put into that? Is that only a concern for gamers?

Also, from what I have read, LCD is the way to go in my situation. Is this so? I would hate to get burn in as I have left my TV on a lot with my DLP and have zero burn in now. I would like to not have to worry about it.

I am happy with the 60" and feel I could even go a bit bigger. I sit 13.5 feet from the TV.

If someone could lead me in the right direction and suggest a few TV's, I would be very grateful. I would like to keep the cost down, but would pay more for quality if there is a big difference.

Thanks for any help.

Cory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM

Liked: 15
Whats your price point? You want the best get the Sharp Elite or Sony 950, want something a bit cheaper get the Sony 850. Seeing you are sitting 13.5 feet away you may want a 70 or 80 incher, for that try Sharp.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-20-2013, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

I could go as high as $3,000.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

I ended up putting my old original bulb back in to see if there would be a difference. Tv picture looks great again. I'm happy with the tv again, so I won't be looking to replace. Thanks for the reply.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

TV is a Sony KDS 60A2020 if you were curious.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page