What were some of the best LCDs at CES 2013? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Anyone know? Any LCDs you are looking forward to seeing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Did anyone that regularly posts here at the LCD forum attend CES 2013? Did anyone see an LCD at 2013 that they were interested in?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood View Post

Anyone know? Any LCDs you are looking forward to seeing?

It seems like most of the TV manufacturers are concentrating more on "smart" features and less and PQ, but the two LCDs (non UHD) I liked were (in order of preference):

1. Samsung F8000. This TV has a great design and it includes the improved "micro dimming" from last years top of the line ES9000 (which means no clouding). According to reviewers who saw the TV at a private showing in a dark room, the F8000 has deep blacks and accurate colors. Also, all Samsung TV's are supposed to have a lower starting price than last years models.

2. Sony W900. This is one of the few TVs that seem to have more PQ features than "smart" features. This TV is a return to Sony's triluminous LED, which should give it deeper colors. Here is an article about it:
(http://flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1358342209).

Unfortunately, all the other LCDs seemed to only make advancements in smart features and design. The 4K UHD TV's were also very nice, but you only really benefit from them if you are buying a TV 70" or larger, or you plan on sitting very close to your TV.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Seems like OLED & 4K got most of the press with Sony and LG competing in both those categories. It is interesting that Sony and Panasonic announced a partnership to develop OLED Panels together. Hopefully this means prices will be lower on these new sets that come out from both Sony and Panasonic in the future.

Other than that seems like the usual small improvements in picture quality from the major players, Sony, LG, Samsung and Sharp. Of course the new Smart features appeal to some, not so much myself.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post

Seems like OLED & 4K got most of the press with Sony and LG competing in both those categories. It is interesting that Sony and Panasonic announced a partnership to develop OLED Panels together. Hopefully this means prices will be lower on these new sets that come out from both Sony and Panasonic in the future.

Other than that seems like the usual small improvements in picture quality from the major players, Sony, LG, Samsung and Sharp. Of course the new Smart features appeal to some, not so much myself.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The F8000 was the only non 4K LED TV that got any press. I guess that's part of the reason I have high hopes for the F8000. I just hope the picture looks as good as the design.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
80" and above is the next thing in besides 4K (which still requires TV's above 80")
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000 , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page