Calibration setting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry if this question has already been posted but was looking for some calibrations settings to try out on this tv.

I just purchased this tv today without really researching it but the price I paid was just to good to pass up.

Thanks in advanced for the replies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2845 View Post

Sorry if this question has already been posted but was looking for some calibrations settings to try out on this tv.

I just purchased this tv today without really researching it but the price I paid was just to good to pass up.

Thanks in advanced for the replies!!

Calibration settings will vary from tv to tv because of component tolerances even within the same model and build line. Calibration also takes into consideration the viewing environment. Using someone else's settings may help you get a better picture but to get the best your tv can do you'd be better off to create your own settings either using a calibration disk such as the free AVS HD709 disk or a commercial disk like WoW, Spears and Munsil, DVE, etc. Keep in mind that using a disk alone won't "calibrate" your tv but will make accurate picture adjustments based on the rec.709 standards which may be all you need.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ummm, yeah, your supposed to include your TV model if you want an answer. Still, it's better if you type in your model on the search box and post that question on your model's official thread. Anyways, good luck.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page