Picture Setting changing on its own? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had my 735 calibrated a few months ago and the picture looked great. It was calibrated in Movie mode because we were only able to do the 10-point color temp setting in that mode. For the past couple of weeks, I have noticed that the picture mode would randomly change to a different setting (changed to User or Standard mode, for example). Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what is the solution for having it stay in the same mode alll the time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Are you aware that settings are set and saved separately for each mode on each separate input connection and on some sets they are further set and saved separately for each input resolution?
post #3 of 8 Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

I am running all signals through an AVR. If I switched that over to the Blu-ray input (as I've done), would that cause the TV picture mode to switch?
post #4 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbre View Post

I am running all signals through an AVR. If I switched that over to the Blu-ray input (as I've done), would that cause the TV picture mode to switch?
If you run all devices into the AVR and run one HDMI to the TV, then your calibration of the Movie mode would remain the same for that HDMI input (on the TV) regardless of whether you're watching cable, satellite, blu ray, etc. But this has nothing to do with your problem, that something is changing the Picture Mode from Standard to Movie, etc.

So, I don't understand what you mean by "switched that over to the /blu-ray input (as I've done)" . Do you mean simply selecting the blu ray to watch on the AVR? If so, then that would make no difference to the TV calibration in movie, as I mentioned above. Or do you mean that you had a blue ray on a particular TV HDMI input, calibrated the TV, then removed it and connected the AVR to that input? If so, that shouldn't change the calibration of that input, and, regardless, is still a totally different issue than something mysteriously changing the PIcture mode.

Is the blu ray new? If so, is that when you started noticing the problem? Does it (and the TV) have HDMI-CEC turned on?

Is there some eco setting that is turned on that switches the set back to a different default Picture Mode? Sleep timer? Is the AVR new? Is there a sticking button on the remote?

Most important question: Does it switch picture mode while you are watching, or after some device has been turned off, or back on the next day? Or after you change channels?
post #5 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

When I say "switched over" I mean via the AVR, so, as you said, that shouldn't make any difference. All components are the same since I had the TV calibrated. I am pretty sure that I turned all HDMI-CEC settings off, but I will check again. The TV is a Sharp 70le735u and it does have an eco setting (OCP) that adjusts the picture, but we turned that off. I can't tell when it changes. I just have checked lately and it seems to have changed a couple of times in the past couple of months.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When I say "switched over" I mean via the AVR, so, as you said, that shouldn't make any difference. All components are the same since I had the TV calibrated. I am pretty sure that I turned all HDMI-CEC settings off, but I will check again. The TV is a Sharp 70le735u and it does have an eco setting (OCP) that adjusts the picture, but we turned that off. I can't tell when it changes. I just have checked lately and it seems to have changed a couple of times in the past couple of months.

OK, we're on the same page. It would help if you totally nail down the symptom. Does it always change from Movie to Standard or User or something else? Do you think it only happened a couple of times in the past couple of months because it's hard to notice and you've only checked a few times? If so, it may be happening every day and you're just not noticing. Try checking every day and, when it changes, record what you were doing with it the night before.

Try replacing remote batteries. When my Harmony needs new batteries, it sometimes sends out wrong commands.

Do you know what the default picture mode is when the set is first plugged into an outlet? Could you have had power outages causing it to go to the default?

Also, try reading the AVS thread for your model, and try googling the web with the problem.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your comments. I initially meant to post this to the 735 thread, but didn't realize that "Start New Thread" didn't put it in there. D'oh!

The setting change has been random, as far as I can tell. I am not sure what made me check in the first place, but it is a bit hard to notice. I have been checking daily now and it hasn't changed in a few days, so it may have been that I hit something on the TV remote accidentally. (I am lame and haven't combined all systems into a single remote yet.) I don't recall any power outages either. I'll try reposting this question into the 735 thread and googling.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for your comments. I initially meant to post this to the 735 thread, but didn't realize that "Start New Thread" didn't put it in there. D'oh!

The setting change has been random, as far as I can tell. I am not sure what made me check in the first place, but it is a bit hard to notice. I have been checking daily now and it hasn't changed in a few days, so it may have been that I hit something on the TV remote accidentally. (I am lame and haven't combined all systems into a single remote yet.) I don't recall any power outages either. I'll try reposting this question into the 735 thread and googling.

Don't forget the remote batteries. Also, do you have kids?

Good luck. I don't think you have a problem with your set.... I just think something else is causing this to happen. Post back here if you like, or click my name and send a PM to me, I love this stuff. If you can understand what is happening, we can resolve it. Keep me posted.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page