Sony KDL-46XBR4 Blank Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry in advance if this has been covered but I can't seem to find a thread with a similar problem. I purchased my Sony in 2008. It has worked flawlessly until a few days ago. Before that I had the set unplugged and sitting upright on a couch for 2 weeks. I also had a Sanus mount attached adding to the weight. My son and I rehung the set and powered it up. The green power light came on and the screen lit dimly. There was no audio or video. We turned it on/off and eventually we got video and audio as normal. Last night I tried turning it on and got audio briefly and what I would call a grey screen. I could not get audio or video. I unplugged the set overnight and tried it again this morning and indeed it did boot up to a normal screen - full audio and video. I powered it off and then on and got just audio. I tried it again and got just a grey screen. I left it unplugged. I'm hoping its a contact issue or board replacement. Maybe setting it on its bottom edge with the mount attached caused a problem or handling it from the edges during remounting. I feel competent doing my own repairs. Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 46xbr4 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 46xbr4 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page