Jail Bar Effect on my Led Sony HX850 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-24-2013, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, i have a sony 55HX850 led tv since 3 weeks, I had to change it at the sony store because they had dark vertical bars and the new one has a jail bar effect and bit annoying in solid colors, in slow and fast movements, such as shots of the blue sky and at the green field when i see a football or soccer game, apparently in a defect of this technology, so.. i wanna now...if someone nows how could i minimize this effect? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You should probably post this in the hx850 thread.

To me, I think what you are describing is bending. I do not believe you can actually correct this. I might be wrong. It's usually more apparent on panning camera movement right? Can you post pictures ?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Sounds like you have had two bad panels in a row with vertical banding. No real fix for it and on a panel that is only 55 inches... It's a major defect and should be returned immediately. Sometimes you can lessen the appearance of vertical bands on solid backgrounds with settings, but the jail bar effect you are describing are the vertical bands that you are seeing during a panning shot... You will always see those. If the panel was 65 inches, then it would be debatable in regards to whether you should return it or not, but on a 55 inch... Not good.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays