OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV Firmware Updates - Latest Info & How-to's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 37 Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
CURRENT LATEST 2012 FIRMWARE FOR ES7500 & ES8000 SMART TV'S

001051 No available info what 001051 actually does..
UPDATE...support for EVOLUTION KIT...

HOW TO UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201205/20120524142219865/2012_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Instruction_T-ECPAKUC.pdf

CURRENT FIRMWARE VERSION:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN46ES8000FXZA

PREVIOUS FIRMWARE : 001046

PREVIOUS FIRMWARE : 001041

More info to come...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

The official 001046 Firmware update info is not yet released to the public...the lastest info on samsung's website is for FW 001041.

So I decided to contact samsung...here's my conversation with another CLUELESS chat REP... mad.gif
Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Sinclair'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56402496977X

Sinclair: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: I have the 46es8000 smart tv, i just upgraded to firmware 001046...what does it actually do or improve? any fixes?

Sinclair: I will assist you with the information.

Visitor: OK

Sinclair: As per our resources, it improves the performance of the Smart Hub, picture quality.

Visitor: is that it? how so? that's a pretty vague statement...

Sinclair: Please provide me with the current firmware version of the TV from Menu >> Support >> Contact Samsung.

Visitor: I just told you...001046

Sinclair: As per our resources, the firmware update improves the following:

Sinclair: Support Angry Birds app. and Yahoo SyncPlus app.

Sinclair: Improves performance of Smart Hub.

Sinclair: Adds print function in photo applications such as the Photo function of AllShare Play or Picasa.

Sinclair: Supports Samsung Audio Dock and Wireless Keyboard VG-KBD1500.

Sinclair: Resolves compatibility issue with DLNA devices and network router/switch.

Sinclair: Improves picture quality.

Visitor: YOU ARE WRONG...that was the 001041 update, not the 001046...please try again...

Sinclair: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Sinclair: As of now, the firmware update improves the above in general. However, few other functionality might be added with the 1046 update. As per our resources, we do not have the information on the exact functions of the 1046 update.

Visitor: How is that possible? how do I know more than you as a consumer...with all due respect.. how can u NOT know what it ACTUALLY does?\

Sinclair: I am sorry; as of now, the firmware update available is 1041 version only. Your TV has the latest firmware 1046. This update will be based on the firmware version of the TV at the time if manufacturing.

Sinclair: Your TV has the latest version of the firmware compared to the one available now.

Visitor: DUH...of course...your statement makes no sense....so you have no idea what 001046 actually does, correct?

Sinclair: I do understand your concern. However, I have gone through all our resources and we do not have the exact information related to the 1046 firmware update. However, the above are the general functions that can be improved by the firmware update.

Visitor: ok at least you admitted that you dont know...I will give you credit for that... so...how do I find out exactly what 001046 does?

Sinclair: I will forward your concern to the appropriate department.
post #3 of 37 Old 01-24-2013, 07:02 PM

Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

The official 001046 Firmware update info is not yet released to the public...the lastest info on samsung's website is for FW 001041.

So I decided to contact samsung...here's my conversation with another CLUELESS chat REP... mad.gif

You are now chatting with 'Sinclair'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56402496977X

Sinclair: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: I have the 46es8000 smart tv, i just upgraded to firmware 001046...what does it actually do or improve? any fixes?

Sinclair: I will assist you with the information.

Visitor: OK

Sinclair: As per our resources, it improves the performance of the Smart Hub, picture quality.

Visitor: is that it? how so? that's a pretty vague statement...

Sinclair: Please provide me with the current firmware version of the TV from Menu >> Support >> Contact Samsung.

Visitor: I just told you...001046

Sinclair: As per our resources, the firmware update improves the following:

Sinclair: Support Angry Birds app. and Yahoo SyncPlus app.

Sinclair: Improves performance of Smart Hub.

Sinclair: Adds print function in photo applications such as the Photo function of AllShare Play or Picasa.

Sinclair: Supports Samsung Audio Dock and Wireless Keyboard VG-KBD1500.

Sinclair: Resolves compatibility issue with DLNA devices and network router/switch.

Sinclair: Improves picture quality.

Visitor: YOU ARE WRONG...that was the 001041 update, not the 001046...please try again...

Sinclair: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Sinclair: As of now, the firmware update improves the above in general. However, few other functionality might be added with the 1046 update. As per our resources, we do not have the information on the exact functions of the 1046 update.

Visitor: How is that possible? how do I know more than you as a consumer...with all due respect.. how can u NOT know what it ACTUALLY does?\

Sinclair: I am sorry; as of now, the firmware update available is 1041 version only. Your TV has the latest firmware 1046. This update will be based on the firmware version of the TV at the time if manufacturing.

Sinclair: Your TV has the latest version of the firmware compared to the one available now.

Visitor: DUH...of course...your statement makes no sense....so you have no idea what 001046 actually does, correct?

Sinclair: I do understand your concern. However, I have gone through all our resources and we do not have the exact information related to the 1046 firmware update. However, the above are the general functions that can be improved by the firmware update.

Visitor: ok at least you admitted that you dont know...I will give you credit for that... so...how do I find out exactly what 001046 does?

Sinclair: I will forward your concern to the appropriate department.

Lmao!
post #4 of 37 Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
post #5 of 37 Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Lol I could have told you they werent gonna know. But u sorta drilled the guy hard
post #6 of 37 Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Lol I could have told you they werent gonna know. But u sorta drilled the guy hard

contacted them again...here's the transcript...they promised me the release notes on FW 001046 in 2 business days.... eek.gif

You are now chatting with 'Silver'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56402500259X

Silver: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: I have the un46es8000

Visitor: just updated the firmware to 001046

Visitor: what does this firmware actually do?

Silver: I'll be glad to help you with the information.

Visitor: I hope so...

Silver: Could you please provide me with the serial number of the TV?

Silver: You can find the serial number on the rear panel of the TV.

Visitor: I'm not at home now...the model number is un46es8000

Visitor: I do not have the serial number

Silver: No problem. I'll help you with the information.

Visitor: thanx

Silver: Firmware's are released to fix the comparability issues with the apps and other issues on the TV.

Visitor: such as?

Silver: Firmware is a software program resided on the TV.

Visitor: I know that

Silver: If there is an issue with certain app with poor picture quality, the firmware update can fix the issue.

Visitor: Im a software engineer

Visitor: I know how it works

Silver: If there is an other issues like video quality and sound issues then they are corrected by the firmware update.

Visitor: I need the release notes on this latest one

Silver: Sure, I'll provide you with the information.

Silver: Follow the link below for your model TV:

Silver: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN46ES8000FXZA

Silver: Click on the link to open the page.

Silver: Please go to Manuals & Downloads and select firmware.

Visitor: been there, done that...it does not state the release notes for 001046...

Visitor: only for the lastone 001041

Visitor: thats why Im contacting you in the 1st place

Silver: Click on the title " Upgrade File (Firmware) (ver.1041.1) " in the firmware title to see the notes of the latest firmware.

Visitor: 001041 is not the lastest....

Visitor: 001046 is...

Silver: I apologize for the inconvenience.

Silver: I see that the our Samsung web site has not been update with latest firmware version information.

Silver: Thanks for the information you have provided.

Visitor: yes...it need to be updates ASAP

Silver: I'll forward the details to the appropriate department so that they will work on this.

Silver: I appreciate for the information you have provided to us.

Visitor: SO YOU CANT GIVE ME ANY INFO ON 001046 HUH?

Silver: Sure, you will see the information on the Website.

Visitor: when

Silver: I'm sorry: we don't have information regarding the latest firmware update. I'll make a note on this, you can see the notes for the latest firmware with in 2 business days.

Silver: Can I be of any further assistance?

Visitor: I will hold you to that...I will be back in 2 business days...

Visitor: thanx...

Visitor: bye

Silver: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor: no thnax bye
post #7 of 37 Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

come on samsung, seriously? copy and paste word for word? so we really dont know what the main difference from FW 001041 vs FW 001046.... YOU SUCK... mad.gif

CURRENT FIRMWARE : 001046

PREVIOUS FIRMWARE : 001041
post #8 of 37 Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
To be honest I share your feelings about Samsung as a company but don't see the point in giving csrs with no control over the situation a hard time in your dealings with them. I've been in their shoes a number of times and to be frank it's just as frustrating for me to be unable to help a customer because my employer is clueless as it is for the customer him/herself. If you want to harngue someone who actuallly has some control over the situation that's another matter and I say go for it.

Steve S.
post #9 of 37 Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

To be honest I share your feelings about Samsung as a company but don't see the point in giving csrs with no control over the situation a hard time in your dealings with them. I've been in their shoes a number of times and to be frank it's just as frustrating for me to be unable to help a customer because my employer is clueless as it is for the customer him/herself. If you want to harngue someone who actuallly has some control over the situation that's another matter and I say go for it.

i know bro..you think a simple answer would sufice regarding whats in an update...but their reps are useless...I tried for the sake of our community here and get everyone educated as much as possible....
post #10 of 37 Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 PM

Liked: 13
I have gotten the same canned responses. Remove identifiable person info a post on their facebook page or email to CEO. Their reps are poorly trained, not the reps fault.

http://consumerist.com/2012/09/12/samsung-usa-ceo-y-k-kim-doesnt-want-you-to-know-his-e-mail-is-first-two-initials-last-name-at-samsung-com/

ykkim@SEA.Samsung.com is this legit? if so make use of ti
post #11 of 37 Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

LATEST FIRMWARE IS 001047...more details to come
post #12 of 37 Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 AM

I updated to 1047 over a week ago . No issues. I updated via Ethernet. Only smart hub issue I have had was vudu not wanting to open after quitting smart hub and trying again 4 times it finally worked. Other than that it has been fine fir me.
post #13 of 37 Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcdav View Post

I updated to 1047 over a week ago . No issues. I updated via Ethernet. Only smart hub issue I have had was vudu not wanting to open after quitting smart hub and trying again 4 times it finally worked. Other than that it has been fine fir me.

so far I have not seen any visual improvements....there are no new release notes for the 001047 on their website....they always say the same old thing anyway like improved smarthub or improved picture quality...blah ...blah..blah...

I talked to a samsung rep, they had no clue...the guy I talked to was insisting there was no 001047, only a 001046....you can tell he was just looking at the website like i was.... pathetic......
post #14 of 37 Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 AM

M
Quote:

so far I have not seen any visual improvements....there are no new release notes for the 001047 on their website....they always say the same old thing anyway like improved smarthub or improved picture quality...blah ...blah..blah...

I talked to a samsung rep, they had no clue...the guy I talked to was insisting there was no 001047, only a 001046....you can tell he was just looking at the website like i was.... pathetic......
my bad i think i just created mire confusion., I have a PN60e7000 plasma
post #15 of 37 Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is there any difference in the firmware for the 46 inch and 55 inch versions of the UNxxES7500? and if not would the firmware work for the UN40ES7500?
post #16 of 37 Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post

Is there any difference in the firmware for the 46 inch and 55 inch versions of the UNxxES7500? and if not would the firmware work for the UN40ES7500?

the firmware for the 7500 & 8000 ES series is identical....doesn't matter what size TV..the latest one now is 001047 FW... now since the 40" is kinda new to the USA market...I'm still assuming it uses the same firmware..... cant you tell me which firmware you have? you should check for the lastest firmware...your tv will do all the work....

Let me know when you have that info.....
post #17 of 37 Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:

the firmware for the 7500 & 8000 ES series is identical....doesn't matter what size TV..the latest one now is 001047 FW... now since the 40" is kinda new to the USA market...I'm still assuming it uses the same firmware..... cant you tell me which firmware you have? you should check for the lastest firmware...your tv will do all the work....

Let me know when you have that info.....

My TV is scheduled for delivery tomorrow -- I'll check it out and report back.
post #18 of 37 Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My TV is scheduled for delivery tomorrow -- I'll check it out and report back.

Check the original firmware that it comes with the tv...then update it....I think when I got my tv the firmware was 001023.....now im on 001047
post #19 of 37 Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 PM

My UN40ES7500 came with 001041 and updated to 001047.
post #20 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

awesome....how much did you pay again for this 40es7500? how bout shipping?
post #21 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM

I picked it up from a site that runs various one-day specials. In this case the set was the ridiculously low price of $700 plus $5 shipping. http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-40-1080p-3d-led-smart-tv
post #22 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I picked it up from a site that runs various one-day specials. In this case the set was the ridiculously low price of $700 plus $5 shipping. http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-40-1080p-3d-led-smart-tv

wow only $705 huh....any taxes?
post #23 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Same here.
post #24 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 06:04 PM

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:

wow only $705 huh....any taxes?
Taxes only in TX. Woot! Is located in Plano, a suburb of Dallas. Even w/ tax, it was only like $753. Not too shabby, IMO. It's a great TV so far. biggrin.gif
post #25 of 37 Old 05-07-2013, 09:21 PM

I just got the 2013 f8000. The smart hub software didn't really work out of the box. I reset it and now it has been on a static smart hub picture for at least an hour. Samsung says it is updating. I can hear audio on the tv channel but the remote is unresponsive. Is it normal for things to take hours?
post #26 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanster View Post

I just got the 2013 f8000. The smart hub software didn't really work out of the box. I reset it and now it has been on a static smart hub picture for at least an hour. Samsung says it is updating. I can hear audio on the tv channel but the remote is unresponsive. Is it normal for things to take hours?

That is ridiculous..brand new 2013 smart tv and f8000 series should not do this....Samsung I am a loyal freaking customer, but this is UNACCEPTABLE....nobody should have a problem with a TV like this....I have the es8000 2012 series, and to be honest the whole effing SMART HUB is a joke and a big gimmick....

then they have the odasity to sell a effing evolution kit for efffing $300... no way jose.... Im not drinking this kool aid and become like those apple fan boys...(no direspect)
post #27 of 37 Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Note since all of the hardware components are not the same in all serial numbers of a specific TV model number the latest firmware level for specific serial numbers of the same model may not be the same.
This is apparently why the contents of 1047 are slightly different if your current firmware level is 1041 or if it is 1046 as described in you first post.
post #28 of 37 Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 PM

New firmware 1051 to support Evolution Kit

Upgrade File (Firmware) (ver.1051.2)

1.This firmware is for TV Model(s): UN**ES7500 and UN**ES8000.
2.The version is 1051.2
3.This firmware update will improve the following:

- Supports 2013 Evolution Kit(SEK-1000)

- Solves Netflix login issue

- Support iOS Smart view app..

- Support Angry Birds app. and Yahoo SyncPlus app..

- Improves performance of Smart Hub

- Adds print function in photo applications such as the Photo function of AllShare Play or Picasa.

- Supports Samsung Audio Dock and Wireless Keyboard VG-KBD1500

- Resolves compatibility issue with DLNA devices and network router/switch.

- Improves picture quality.

- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

- Change the TV Power On command from ''Hi TV'' to ''Hi TV Power On'' or ''Smart TV'' to ''Smart TV Power On.''
post #29 of 37 Old 05-25-2013, 06:44 AM

hi, new owner here. i've got 65" es8000 floor model from bb for a 2 k steal. i'did not have much time to experiment but i see little clouding spots when screen is black. should i install 051 firmware to address picture quality? thanks
post #30 of 37 Old 05-25-2013, 10:53 AM

current firmware t-ecpakuc-1031.0 bt-s/g
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Samsung Un46es7500 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es7500 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page