AVS Forum banner

Samsung UN40EH5000 + PS3 = desaturated/blue-shifted dark colors?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Andrew Means 
#1 ·
I've got a 2 month or so old UN40EH5000 being fed by a PS3. At first I was thrilled with the performance, the blacks were so much darker than my old Samsung LCD, but when watching some dark scenes I kept noticing the colors were desaturated, maybe with a bluish tint.

I've tried lots of different settings; both on the PS3 and on the TV. I feel like I've pretty much tried everything at this point, and nothing really seems to help, and the internet doesn't really have anything about desaturated dark colors, although I don't know if I'm not using the right search terms.

I've certainly tried the different options as far as the black levels and stuff, and while they obviously make a difference, there are distinct areas where it's just not right.

I suppose it could be the PS3, but I haven't found anything out there that has info about it.

Does anybody have any insight on this? Samsung's tech support was... well, like a bad joke. A really bad joke.

See less See more
#2 ·
A few more details because I may not have described the symptoms well enough- it's almost the same as if your viewing angle is off by 15 or so degrees; most colors look great, but there's a section of them that just feels off.

For example in the shadow of somebody's face, the gradient goes from a flesh tone to a weird green-grey, and then to black, rather than going to a brown to black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.