Vizio TV IR sensor - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > Vizio TV IR sensor

LCD Flat Panel Displays

wilhelm1202's Avatar wilhelm1202
01:52 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
01-28-2013 | Posts: 4
Hello, I have a Vizio VL470M television that is out of warranty and I've been having some issues with what I thought was the IR sensor, but now I'm not sure. I noticed that when I was using the Vizio remote it would control the TV for about 30 seconds just after the initial start up and then I would have no control from the TV remote at all. I verified that the remote is sending a signal by looking at the front through a digital camera, which showed a blinking light when buttons were pressed. I then removed the back from the TV and cleaned the IR sensor and also the protective covering on the front of the TV, this did not help. I purchased a replacement IR sensor online and installed that and now am still having the same issue. I've tried to program the cable remote to control the TV (which I assume would be similar to using a universal remote) but it will not program to the tv, probably for the same reason the other remote wont work. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things I could try or what else it might be? Thanks for your help!
wilhelm1202's Avatar wilhelm1202
10:46 AM Liked: 10
post #2 of 3
01-30-2013 | Posts: 4
Nothing??
Ratman's Avatar Ratman
12:24 PM Liked: 333
post #3 of 3
01-30-2013 | Posts: 14,792
Yes.
There are quite a few previous threads about remotes and interference due to backlights of the TV or CFL lighting in the home. Search around and you may get some ideas.
Tags: Vizio
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread