Have you ever seen Clouding this bad? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since I bought this TV i have been trying to convince myself that I like it (unsuccessfully). Sometimes pictures are brilliant.. but most times I have issues.

Check out these pictures... this seems excessive and a big issue. Would you return this TV?

20130129_205224.jpg 1183k .jpg file

20130129_205236.jpg 1068k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130129_205224.jpg (1.16 MB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 20130129_205236.jpg (1.04 MB, 68 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Yes I would return it. Uneven lighting like that in a dark scene would drive me nuts (and did with the LCD set I had, which was actually splotchier than yours, then got a plasma).

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks. I'm having serious second thoughts about this TV and LCDs in general. After reading the reviews, I think i'm going back to plasma and going to pick this bad boy up today - Panasonic TC-P65VT50
post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCi View Post

Thanks. I'm having serious second thoughts about this TV and LCDs in general. After reading the reviews, I think i'm going back to plasma and going to pick this bad boy up today - Panasonic TC-P65VT50

I think especially for film fans that plasma's a much better choice. Now if you want soap opera effect, really bright whites, watching in really bright environments, least chance of IR, then maybe LCD....

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #5 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
I'd agree with that.

I tried a Panny UT50 and it wasn't for me as the majority of my use is ESPN/CNN and video games. So while it did definitely looked better than the Panny ET5 LED I have now--especially for movies on Bluray--it wasn't worth the IR annoyances. Or especially the buzz (which I just seem especially sensitive too).

But if the main use if movies, then IR isn't of much concern and the PQ can't be beat. So I'd definitely give that a shot and hope you don't get a buzzer (or aren't sensitive to it).
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page