JVC "emerald series" backlit LED TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-02-2013, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was at Costco this weekend and came home with a 32 inch JVC backlit TV called the "Emerald series" the picture quality looks pretty good at the store and I plugged in my laptop to HDMI at the store to test it out and the quality also seemed okay. For $230 it was pretty good I thought.

There was a Samsung 32 inch 720 P for $30 more and I compare them side-by-side it seemed like the Sansone showed more of a wider gradients of colors. It seemed like the colors on the JVC were overexposed for example a blue sky with clouds on the Samsung showed a lot of the blue varying from the deep blues to the lighter blues, but on the JVC the sky seemed more washed out with whites.

I was hoping that once I got the TV home I would be able to play more with the settings (I didn't have time at the store anymore) so I took on the JVC. I haven't opened it yet because I don't want to open it and then all of a sudden decide I don't want it only to return something to give it a few days and research some more.

This seems the panel on the JVC is made by a company named amtran who also makes panels for Visio. I was hoping that since this is JVC's debut backlit LED TV series, maybe they would be taking some nice electronic components in order to make a good debut.

Also the JVC doesn't have any controls on the TV itself only to remote, except for power and input selector. So no volume or channels through the TV. But I'm hoping the future if I lose the remote I can just get a universal., Although I'm afraid that there's no guarantee that the universal remote will detect this line of TVs from JVC since they don't appear to be very popular I can find any reviews of them online either.

Anyway does anyone have experience with this TV and can offer your experience with it? The JVC 32 inch Emerald series LED backlit. There is also a 37 inch version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also since I play a lot of PC games using a 32 inch monitor I thought maybe the IPS panel would be better than a Samsung PVA panel because I've heard that PVA panels suffer from more motion blur. I'm hoping that this JVC Emerald is a IPS panel.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page