My experience with Westinghouse 32 720P LED as PC monitor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just going to contribute my experience to help anyone who is deciding on purchasing this TV to use his computer monitor. UW32SC1W model

I said about five to the 15 feet away from a computer so I don't really mind the fact that it's 720 P rather than 1080. The text is actually very crisp and sharp when used at native resolution of 1366. One odd thing is that if you use anything that matches the "PC resolution's" as described in the user manual (this is the 1366, 1360, 1024, and 800) you will lose certain picture adjustment settings on the TV like warm or cool backlight.

This means the colors are actually less intense and although if you are just browsing the web you don't really mind the difference, but if you're playing PC games at those resolutions, you definitely lose a lot of color which is very frustrating for me at first until I started using a program called sweet FX which lets you change many of the color settings like saturation and digital vibrance in your direct X9 or 11 games.

But he said the game to 720 P, you will get the option to have more intense backlight and a warm glow (did you want back like) and the colors become more vibrant again. But of course you will get more jagged edges and pixelation with 720 P instead of a high-resolution like 1366.

So being used as a simple computer monitor to read text and even to browse photos and watch videos I think this TV does a really good job for only $200 from Costco. And if you really want a low price tag and a really low power consumption (this is LED edge lit and has one of the lowest power consumption's) I think this TV is a great deal. With programs like sweet FX your games colors can look pretty vibrant although not nearly as vibrant as we would get with the better models of LED TVs that allow you to have certain color enhancements even while in PC mode resolutions. Yes I'm using HDMI cable.

the input lag is fine and I can play counterstrike with it without any problems. You will notice some ghosting/motion blur with certain colors like black and gray or black and brown heavy textures, but I believe this is pretty common with most LED and LCD TVs. It's listed with a 6.5 ms response time, don't confuse this with input lag
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page