Monitor connected with HDMI only plays left channel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-03-2013, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!

I've just bought two LG IPS224V monitors that I each connect to a computer with HDMI. These monitors have an earphone jack that I use to plug in a set of speakers. The problem is, I only get sound out of the left channel.

I don't think I've got the speakers plugged in badly because (a) I would have them plugged in both equally badly and (b) I've read I should only be getting sound from the right channel, if the plug was not in entirely.

I don't think the problem is in the speakers, because I have two sets, both with the same problem, and I can connect them to the PC directly, then I get sound from both from the left and right speaker.

The problem might be in the configuration of the computer, but even there... One is running Ubuntu and the other runs Windows Vista. I doubt I would have both configured badly in the same way.

So I conclude there's something with this type of monitor. Maybe the way the audio signal in the HDMI is encoded? Any ideas, anyone? I hope I'm doing something stupid...

Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page