Best input label for playing MP4s/DVDs/Blu-Rays from PC on Samsung UE32EH5000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm currently using the "PC" label to designate my HDMI input for input from my PC. I know that changing the label changes the settings available in the "Picture" menu, but I'm also concerned that it changes panel characteristics too. Though I'm very satisfied with the TV and Satellite STB picture quality, playing movies from my Mac to the TV is less acceptable.

Most often, what I notice is that there seems to be a huge amount of lag: for example, I can clearly see that portions of the previous image take time to disappear when quick transitions occur. There also appears to be considerable ghosting, extremely evident during fast scenes, that can cause the entire picture to deteriorate behind a mass of green smearing.

I've checked and I have a Chimei panel.

What's the best label to choose for watching MP4s, DVDs and Blu-rays played back over HDMI from a PC?

Also, which is the best for gaming?

I could go through the time consuming process of testing each and every different label for its effects on the PC input, but there are 16 to choose from, so I'm hoping someone will be able to just tell me smile.gif

Ta!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The "name" for a source is miss named it really means what type of equipment is your source and the TV makes appropriate changes to best process that source. So if your source is a PC than select PC.
Game mode should always be used for games in order to reduce the lag time by eliminating a lot of the processing normally used to create better picture quality.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Walford,

But that's the problem: I /am/ using the PC label, and the picture quality seems to suffering as a result, in the ways described.

Do you have any idea why that might be, or how to correct it? That really was the main thrust of my post, after all wink.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM

I recommend trying a different software player. I've got the same set (US model) and use it the same way except I run a Windows machine. I don't have any excessive blurring/after images in any of the software players I've tried. Setting the input label to either PC or DVI-PC works the same for me. Good Luck!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page